Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1498

Thread: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Re: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

I've been liking Unmask lately.

Just got a 5-0 with a straight BR, no splash, list with an old-fashioned sideboard reminiscent of the original Dindon Rea:

4 Griz
    4 Chancellor
    1 Tidespout
    1 Iona
    14 land: 4 Bloodstained Mire, 5 black fetch, 3 Badlands, 2 Swamp
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Unmask
    4 Entomb
    4 Looting
    12 reanimation

Sideboard:
    4 Stronghold Gambit
    4 Sneak Attack
    1 Mountain (need 4 Mires main)
    4 Firestorm
    2 Collective Brutality

Never cast Sneak Attack in any of my matches but it could be worth exploring. I tried Obliterator recently, but even Delver decks could beat it by racing it or sacrificing some of their board.

R1: BUG Pile 2-0. G1 reveal Chancellor and turn 1 Griselbrand. G2 Loot away Iona turn 1 (didn't sideboard), turn 2 cast Reanimate to bait DRS activation, then land -> dark rit -> entomb -> Animate Dead Griselbrand. Draw 14, was lucky and hit 3 Unmasks to take his Decay (could kill Animate Dead), Strix (could block), and Snapcaster (for Decay). Notably, Animate Dead could have been pretty embarrassing there.

R2: Lands 2-0. Stronghold Gambit.

R3: Eldrazi 2-0. Opponent did not have Leyline in G2, both games keeping turn 2 TKS.

R4: Mirror 2-0. G1 had a turn 1, G2 opponent Unmask'd my exhume, leaving me with dark rit, entomb x2, petal, lands, then Looting'd away a Griselbrand. I drew a 2nd petal. Entomb'd Faithless Looting, flashed it back, found Reanimate, took his Griselbrand.

R5: Lands 2-1. Lost G1 due to 14 cards with no Entomb and only 1 two-mana reanimation spell in the face of a turn 1 Karakas. G2 and G3 were Stronghold Gambit games.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post

Just got a 5-0 with a straight BR, no splash, list with an old-fashioned sideboard reminiscent of the original Dindon Rea:

4 Griz
    4 Chancellor
    1 Tidespout
    1 Iona
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Unmask
    4 Entomb
    4 Looting
    12 reanimation

Sideboard:
    4 Stronghold Gambit
    4 Sneak Attack
    4 Firestorm
    2 Collective Brutality

Never cast Sneak Attack in any of my matches but it could be worth exploring. I tried Obliterator recently, but even Delver decks could beat it by racing it or sacrificing some of their board.

R1: BUG Pile 2-0. G1 reveal Chancellor and turn 1 Griselbrand. G2 Loot away Iona turn 1 (didn't sideboard), turn 2 cast Reanimate to bait DRS activation, then land -> dark rit -> entomb -> Animate Dead Griselbrand. Draw 14, was lucky and hit 3 Unmasks to take his Decay (could kill Animate Dead), Strix (could block), and Snapcaster (for Decay). Notably, Animate Dead could have been pretty embarrassing there.

R3: Eldrazi 2-0. Opponent did not have Leyline in G2, both games keeping turn 2 TKS.

R4: Mirror 2-0. G1 had a turn 1, G2 opponent Unmask'd my exhume, leaving me with dark rit, entomb x2, petal, lands, then Looting'd away a Griselbrand. I drew a 2nd petal. Entomb'd Faithless Looting, flashed it back, found Reanimate, took his Griselbrand.

R5: Lands 2-1. Lost G1 due to 14 cards with no Entomb and only 1 two-mana reanimation spell in the face of a turn 1 Karakas. G2 and G3 were Stronghold Gambit games.
    Seems nice, but how do you beat a Karakas out of Lands?

Is Firestorm mostly for delver?

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by delfam View Post
    Seems nice, but how do you beat a Karakas out of Lands?
    Tidespout Tyrant beats lands. I also like to play 1-2 Blood Moon in SB to side in against Karakas.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

4 Griz
    4 Chancellor
    1 Tidespout
    1 Iona
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Unmask
    4 Entomb
    4 Looting
    12 reanimation

Sideboard:
    4 Stronghold Gambit
    4 Sneak Attack
    4 Firestorm
    2 Collective Brutality

Seems pretty sweet. There is a lot of Dnt around. Would you make room for archetype and possibly cok if you expected a fair number of dnt?

Against Karakas, get Griselbrand, draw 14, then Tidespout Tyrant with a hand full of spells. If you already have enough spells, you *can* get Tidespout first.

Yeah, I realized that cutting Archetype was really bad. Fitting the pig back in is on the list of sideboard changes to be done. Might abandon Sneak Attack for 2 more Brutalities, Archetype, and Children of Korlis.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

-2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)

Against Karakas, get Griselbrand, draw 14, then Tidespout Tyrant with a hand full of spells. If you already have enough spells, you *can* get Tidespout first.

Yeah, I realized that cutting Archetype was really bad. Fitting the pig back in is on the list of sideboard changes to be done. Might abandon Sneak Attack for 2 more Brutalities, Archetype, and Children of Korlis.
    Sounds good. We have a couple smaller legacy events at Bearded Dragon in Feb and I know there will be several dnt there including mt son, can't let him win ;) Hopingto run several leagues with different configurations before the classic next weekend

hey dnsolver do you struggle vs humility if not what is your game plan? Also why are you making blue mana with stage?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ewlandon View Post
    hey dnsolver do you struggle vs humility if not what is your game plan? Also why are you making blue mana with stage?"
    Blue is the strongest color of all time and we need it. Without it we are nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewlandon View Post
    Also why are you making blue mana with stage?"
    I think that was back when Turbo Depths was trying out Academy Ruins + Walking Ballista in the sideboard vs. Miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by filln View Post
    I think that was back when Turbo Depths was trying out Academy Ruins + Walking Ballista in the sideboard vs. Miracles.
    Wow, I did not know that was a thing. Did it work?

I recently changed out the thoughtseizes for cabal therapies and I have been having a lot of success with it. It helps for a few reasons. First, the dmg adds up making reanimate dead faster or thoughtseizes dead draws cards from griselbrand. Second, it helps a ton vs FOW decks. Double FOW is very hard to beat but this pretty much makes that a non issue because they have to fow the therapy. Third, it helps a bit when you have like double chancellor vs a drs or something like that, also just binning two creatures is good. Third, if you brick on their hand it usually doesn't matter. The only time I can really imagine it mattering is if you name FOW and they have a daze or pierce (daze is easy enough to play around). Lastly, it isn't 100% blind because you should be playing unmask.

I recommend trying it. Always blind name FOW game 1. I'm 18-8 in games so far.

On another note, I have been really liking a green sb with rev silence and 2x carpet of flowers (combo!), i cut the pack rat though it was bad.

Landon and others: this is NOT the turbo depths thread.

Therapies are interesting. I really like Thoughtseize in this deck, but I can see your points. Might give those a try.

Without additional lands out of the sideboard, Pack Rat can definitely be bad if you are Wastelanded. The package therefore uses up a few too many slots.

I am definitely an advocate of Reverent Silence. The Carpets are interesting - I imagine you are using these to *cast* the creatures? Maybe a 4 Carpet 4 Grave Titan approach? There are some mono-black lists out of Japan that are playing Grim Monolith to ramp into Grave Titan - that might be more reliable?

Aug 2016
    Göttingen

I'll second using Cabal Therapy. I play it for almost a year and I can tell it is really good. It combos nice with Ashen Rider and in fringe situations it's even entomb'able. I wouldn't recommend to play more than 2, but a split works for me.

vs Show and Tell, how do you beat a Grafdigger's Cage?

Decay isn't worth bringing in, and if they have it T1 do you just lose? I've had it come up a lot recently and not sure how to beat it. Stronghold's Gambit isn't the best vs them, but that might be the best answer.

Yeah, with a typical sideboard you pretty much auto-lose to Cage. On the play you can discard it, or you can reveal Chancellor to maybe stop them from playing it turn 1. You can play Gambit against them, though, because discarding Griselbrand from their hand is already a reasonable play (allows you to Reanimate it). Or you could play your own Sneak Attacks out of the board.

Yeah, with a typical sideboard you pretty much auto-lose to Cage. On the play you can discard it, or you can reveal Chancellor to maybe stop them from playing it turn 1. You can play Gambit against them, though, because discarding Griselbrand from their hand is already a reasonable play (allows you to Reanimate it). Or you could play your own Sneak Attacks out of the board.
    Played a league last night with the white sideboard with wear/tears they were great against cage. Also brought in Gambit as well against Sneak and Show. It was very good especially after playing a discard spell.

What are the thoughts on land counts. 13 lands or 14? 13 with a mox. If 14 lands no mox 8 fetches 3 duals 2 swamps or 7 fetches 4 duals and 2 swaps?

Therapies are interesting. I really like Thoughtseize in this deck, but I can see your points. Might give those a try.

Without additional lands out of the sideboard, Pack Rat can definitely be bad if you are Wastelanded. The package therefore uses up a few too many slots.

I am definitely an advocate of Reverent Silence. The Carpets are interesting - I imagine you are using these to *cast* the creatures? Maybe a 4 Carpet 4 Grave Titan approach? There are some mono-black lists out of Japan that are playing Grim Monolith to ramp into Grave Titan - that might be more reliable?
    Originally the carpet was for the rats but I found the rats don't actually race that well unless they come down early so needing both parts was basically just not happening. But I found that the carpet was a great reusable petal vs delver that later in the game does a lot more like letting you flashback loot + animate in the same turn, on occasion you can play a fatty vs miracles but that isn't really what it is for.

I came across another not so insignificant upside to therapy even though I blew the play because I had a card in the reveal zone after a brainstorm. The thing is, sacking their creatures to a therapy. The play I missed was opponent tapped out with a drs in play to get a man-o-war with a recruiter to bounce his ooze that I had gotten him down to 7 with. I had a therapy in the yard and one in hand with iona in hand as well(3 mana in play) I should have known he had a surgical based on tapping out like that (not worth it with just a fow), if I sacked the ooze to name surgical then play iona on blue he would have one draw step to find an edict if he even had any.

So this is a specific case but it isn't uncommon that you reanimate their creatures to add a bit of pressure or draw a card with strix etc, so being able to flash back therapy to protect the combo is kinda nice.

Thread Information