Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1498

Thread: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Re: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by Listlik View Post
    I have seen Lavamancer in the sidebord of MTGO 5-0 Reanimator and it was very surprising for me. I do not have much experience about the deck (cos i am new legacy player) and about sideboard especially but i think that Lavamancer can be pretty cool against Grixis Delver annoying and dangerous creatures: shaman, delver and pyromancer. Also grim guy is excellent versus Strix, maybe versus DnT creatures without mom protection. Right now i use Fatal Push and Decay against all of this threats, but maybe Lavamancer is just a better option.

He can be very useful in situations where opponent countered all of your spells and you both in topdeck mode - when Lavamancer is a clock and another corner of the attack. The corner that your opponent can not expect.
    If the mana investment isn't too much of a problem for you Pack Rat may be a better option. You might run out of fuel for Lavamancer's effect especially if it doesn't come down early and an opponent becomes aware that you're running it and you always have to wait a turn to activate it. Pack Rat can win the game on its own, can help you bin fatties and dead spells, and can be activated the turn you jam it if you happen to have the mana/Dark Ritual.

Aug 2016
    Göttingen

Quote Originally Posted by Listlik View Post
    I have seen Lavamancer in the sidebord of MTGO 5-0 Reanimator and it was very surprising for me. I do not have much experience about the deck (cos i am new legacy player) and about sideboard especially but i think that Lavamancer can be pretty cool against Grixis Delver annoying and dangerous creatures: shaman, delver and pyromancer. Also grim guy is excellent versus Strix, maybe versus DnT creatures without mom protection. Right now i use Fatal Push and Decay against all of this threats, but maybe Lavamancer is just a better option.

He can be very useful in situations where opponent countered all of your spells and you both in topdeck mode - when Lavamancer is a clock and another corner of the attack. The corner that your opponent can not expect.
    DnT plays R.I.P, so Lavamancer is probably just a lonely goblin token. If you find yourself in a attrition war with DnT, you are most likely losing anyway. I'd rather jam Phyrexian Crusader, if hating out DnT is my concern.
    Against Delver Chancellor of the Annex and Collective B. were the MVPs for me most of the time.

So maybe it's just me, but I think it's neither necessary to improve the abovementioned match ups, nor is GL able to do so, especially since it uses the same resource as your main deck plan AND is easy to remove for (respectively can be ignored by) these decks.

Quote Originally Posted by splorf View Post
    I'd rather jam Phyrexian Crusader, if hating out DnT is my concern.
    Is this a thing? Have people tried this to much success?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Oct 2013
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by TokenMaster View Post
    I

Round 3: Jund Nic Fit 2-1
    Game 1
    Definitely not familiar with Jund Nic Fit vs BUG or the classic one. I miss lethal by accidentally drawing before untapping. Didn't think it was a huge setback as I still had lethal next turn and my opponent didn't have a hand or board. Big mistake because the opponent Sylvan Libraries to find Emrakul and Sneak Attack.
    Untapping is not an optional effect, just like your draw for the turn. You puntrd by not calling for a judge to correct the game state.

Aug 2016
    Göttingen

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Is this a thing? Have people tried this to much success?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    No, this was just an example for a card I'd try before considering Lavamancer against DnT. But it's obsolete anyway, because this is an okay MU imho, so I would rather try to improve other MUs.

Heck, if it's good, play it! Just sharing my thoughts and I'd be happy to allow myself to be convinced to try some new tech, no matter what.

Oct 2016
    Saint-Petersburg

Hello everyone!
    What 75 would you run on big event?

Nov 2017
    San Diego, CA

New to this deck, switching from TES.
    In a Lands, DnT, and Delver heavy meta should I play a blue splash fro show and tell or a green splash for Decay?

This is the list that I took to 32nd place at GP Seattle.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1028854#paper

I lost to grixis delver 2x, and temur delver once. Other than that, I beat grixis delver 2x, sneak and show 2x, miracles, dredge, omnitell, cephallid breakfast, lands, monored prison, the mirror, mono blue omnitell, and death and taxes.

During day one I didn't have my sideboard strategy down yet, mostly in regards to what to take out. My general experience with the deck is that in just about every matchup you want to take out 4 animate dead for 4 stronghold gambit, 1 entomb and 1 fetch ( I was cutting bayou, but if I were to play in another GP I would cut the bayou for a fetch, so any fetch) for 2 thoughtseize, and 1 grisselbrand and a chancellor for the grave titan and the inkwell Leviathan. You do the creature swap because other wise surigicals can get all your threats.

What do ya’ll think of the pile match up and what do u board?

I have not played against pile very much, but from what I have I would say that the matchup is tough. They have a lot of counter magic, deathrites, and they run main board edicts most of the time. I would do my standard side boarding +4stronghold gambit +2 thoughtseize +1 grave titan +1 inkwell leviathan, -4 animate dead -1 grisselbrand -1 chancellor of the annex, -1 land -1 entomb, and also bring in the collective brutalities for 2 cabal therapys.

Hi everybody,
    Long time reader, appreciate all the info ive gotten from here !
    preparing for GP Birmingham in 4 weeks time.
    Just wanted to get some help/feedback/advice on my list and sideboard guides ETC.
    Always find it helpful writing it down as well!

LIST:
    4 x Delta
    4 x Mire
    2 x Swamp
    2 x Badlands
    1 x Underground Sea

4 x Griselbrand
    4 x Chancellor of the Annex
    1 x Tidesprout Tyrant
    1 x Sire of Insanity

3 x Thoughtseize
    3 x Unmask
    2 x Collective Brutality
    4 x Entomb
    4 x Faithless Looting
    4 x Reanimate
    4 x exhume
    4 x Animate Dead
    4 x Dark Ritual
    4 x Lotus Petal
    1 x Chrome Mox

SIDEBOARD:
    4 x Show & Tell
    2 x Stronghold Gambit
    2 x Echoing Truth
    1 x Pithing Needle
    1 x Collective Brutality
    1 x Faerie Macabre
    1 x Archetype of Endurance
    1 x Iona
    1 x Elesh Norn
    1 x Grave Titan

MY LIST:
    After a lot of changing I have decided to go with the blue splash.
    I always felt that with the white and green splash we were too reactive and at the mercy of our opponents hate, it also meant we would need to assemble hat removal (the correct piece) then a creature, a way to put it in the bin and a way to reanimate before hate piece number 2 came down. With the blue splash with have some answers in the form of echoing truth but another angle of attack in S&T which sidesteps most hate including chalice.
    My hand disruption numbers are fluid but I feel like I want the full 4 unmasks as thewy are so explosive. I also like have atleast 2 CB in the main for the times we are on the draw against DRS decks. Im going to tweak and test ASAP.
    My creature suite over the 75 is what I like. I have recently swapped inkwell for archetype, not sure which is superior yet but I like having a hexproof threat. I have previously dropped to 3 Griselbrand as I pretty much always cut one post board but am happy with 4.
    The sideboard is not by any means set, would be interested to hear peoples thoughts

SIDEBOARDING:
    With this sort of proactive combo deck its hard to strike the right balance of keeping your velocity and have disruptive elements for the hate other decks bring in. my current full guide is in process and ill publish upon competition but id like as much input as possible. We have to assume nearly every deck is going to have some hate, from hard hate in white sideboards to soft off colour hate in faerie macabre and surgical extraction.
    My current philosophy is to automatically adjust my creature suite to fit the matchup and to minimise surgical effect. Bring in echoeing truths against the decks that play white and/or leylines and bring in show and tell against pretty much everything in place of entomb as a hedge.
    CB comes in against containment preist and DRS decks. Needle is great against karakas and LOTV aswell as many annoying permanents including sneak attack and JTMS

Are there any tips for sideboarding against the popular matchups?

Aug 2016
    Göttingen

From my experience I can recommend the blue proactive sideboard plan for the reasons you mentioned. Bypassing the hate is way more straight forward than answering it and hoping to draw the right cards. With blue you "just" need to grind through countermagic and Containment Priest. There is also an older, but still useful sb guide available for this strategy (written by jeffderek, if I remember correctly).

I'd cut Sire of Insanity for Elesh Norn maindeck. I don't know where the recent popularity of Sire comes from. Sure, most of the time it's the coffin nail as the 2nd reanimation target, but so is almost any other random fatty and it's simply not good on its own. Elesh Norn shuts down a lot of decks alone (Dredge, Elves, Infect) or is at least not bad (Delver, DnT).
    Probably someone could enlighten me why Sire is played again?

I think sire for me is a due to a heavy dnt meta and turn 1 sore on the play has been my most successful line against them it’s also another non legendary target game 1.
    I think I’m going to go back to Elesh norm for a GP meta.

I’ll search for jeffderek. Any idea how old it was ?

Aug 2016
    Göttingen

For Dnt you'd rather go with Inkwell Leviathan or Archetype of Endurance.

I found the blog post: here

Quote Originally Posted by splorf View Post
    For Dnt you'd rather go with Inkwell Leviathan or Archetype of Endurance.

I found the blog post: here
    Thank you !

I'm now trying Endurance over inkwell in the board. in theory it is 1000000 x better as the second reanimation target. but inkwell is better as the first reanimation target due to evasion.

not sure which I value more postboard?

Apr 2017
    Santa Barbara, California

Quote Originally Posted by KingColver View Post
    This is the list that I took to 32nd place at GP Seattle.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1028854#paper

I lost to grixis delver 2x, and temur delver once. Other than that, I beat grixis delver 2x, sneak and show 2x, miracles, dredge, omnitell, cephallid breakfast, lands, monored prison, the mirror, mono blue omnitell, and death and taxes.

During day one I didn't have my sideboard strategy down yet, mostly in regards to what to take out. My general experience with the deck is that in just about every matchup you want to take out 4 animate dead for 4 stronghold gambit, 1 entomb and 1 fetch ( I was cutting bayou, but if I were to play in another GP I would cut the bayou for a fetch, so any fetch) for 2 thoughtseize, and 1 grisselbrand and a chancellor for the grave titan and the inkwell Leviathan. You do the creature swap because other wise surigicals can get all your threats.
    That's awesome dude! I was playing BR Reanimator in Seattle too! It was my first GP, and scrubbed out at 3-3. Nice job on the finish! Love to hear more about it!
    MTGO: Cucaracha_Gigante
    Currently Playing:
    Maverick. D&T.
    Reanimator.
    BURN.

Apr 2017
    Santa Barbara, California

Hey, everybody. I made a side boarding guide for the list I been playing online. I got two 5-0's this week, love to hear some feedback!

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rb-r...?cb=1523643783
    '
    MTGO: Cucaracha_Gigante
    Currently Playing:
    Maverick. D&T.
    Reanimator.
    BURN.

Hi-
    Been retooling my UB Reanimator deck into a RB list and trying to figure out a SB build.
    Was wondering if anyone had thoughts about the transformational SB used by Yuuki?
    https://mtgtop8.com/event?e=18761&d=317344&f=LE
    Essentially it's 4 Grave Titan, 4 Pack Rat, and 4 Grim Monoliths. I'm guessing it all gets brought in at once and the reanimation package is sided out, but I'm not really clear on what elements would be left in. Also, why splash G for 3 Krosan Grip? If the reanimation package is mostly sided out, is it still needed for Leyline of the Void? Or is it more for Ensnaring Bridge, maybe Sneak Attack, Chalice....?
    Thanks for any insights. I kinda like the idea of siding out a lot of reanimation as a way to dodge all the hate that gets brought in against Reanimator post-SB, and I also like smashing with Grave Titans :-)
    I've also thought about splashing U for Show & Tell post-SB to get around grave hate, but that seems somewhat fragile (still weak to Containment Priest) and requires cramming in an Underground Sea.

Jul 2016
    Lisbon

Is it worth to play with 3 Dread of Night in sideboard?
    Currently Playing

Legacy

Death and Taxes has been pretty favorable in my experience. Do you think your losses come from your opponent playing X/1 creatures? Containment Priest, RIP, Prelate, and other random grave hate is not affected by 1 Dread of Night.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Thread Information