Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1498

Thread: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Jan 2013
    MA, USA

Re: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by TheStalk View Post
    No offense, but I feel like you kind of missed the point of my post.
    my apologies. I was just trying to give you different burning options. i will refrain myself from further posts.

Well, most sideboard options out of BR aren't great vs Surgical, which is still the number one played hate card. Although post-ban people have been playing Cage/RIP etc., the two most popular are Surgical and Leyline. Leylines are very beatable with Reverent Silence or Burning Wish -> Reverent Silence. Surgicals less so - we can't play Silent Gravestone or Ground Seal in this deck like you can in Shallow Grave shells. You can board in more discard, but then that would take slots away from the board.

As far as playing the Wishes in the maindeck, absolutely not. The deck is very well put together right now, and adding two-mana cards over at least one reanimation spell isn't the way to go. Speed is still important for a combo deck in Legacy.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

4 Cryptbreaker in the PT list sideboard seems interesting.

It's a slower clock than Pack Rat, but functions with less mana.

In the current meta how do we feel about Empyrial Archangel against burn and Sheoldred, Whispering One in the mirror? I don't see these two in a lot of lists but they seem like good sideboard options.
    Last edited by RackDose; 08-23-2018 at 10:29 AM.

I think Iona is a little better than Archangel against Burn, but on the off chance they play Path to Exile, it might work. If your local meta is saturated with Burn players, that seems like a decent idea. Sheoldred seems like win more, since you can already Reanimate and Animate Dead your opponent's creatures. In addition, they'd probably Ashen Rider / Tidespout Tyrant it away before their next upkeep, whereas if you had reanimated Archetype, Iona on Black, or Griselbrand, you'd probably already have won by then.

Can anyone enlighten me which matches Cryptbreaker / Pack rat are sided in and what to side out for them?

Are they meant against control matches?

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Cryoclasm View Post
    Can anyone enlighten me which matches Cryptbreaker / Pack rat are sided in and what to side out for them?

Are they meant against control matches?
    Pascal Maynard (who tested/got advice from ewlandon) says he started with them in the board for the 4c Loam and Shadow match ups, but ended up bringing a few in almost always on the draw https://www.channelfireball.com/arti...nimator-bible/

Thank you very much! That article proved very useful for me since Pascal covers in detail basically every card in main and side.

ewlandon doesn't seem to have much going on on his twitch feed. Does anyone know of a good BR Reanimator player who posts videos?

Quote Originally Posted by alohazendo View Post
    ewlandon doesn't seem to have much going on on his twitch feed. Does anyone know of a good BR Reanimator player who posts videos?
    You can check out his YouTube page. He got some nice content on there.

Thank you!

I was checking TC decks in an attempt to update my pre-ban list, and I noticed a lot of people are running md Cabal Therapy over Thoughtseize now (or a split). Is there a specific reason for it? I understand the number of cards you care about is relatively small (at least in g1) and that the lifeloss of thoughtseize can sometimes be an issue combined with reanimate and G-daddy activations, but is that enough to make it superior?

Also, is Collective Brutality gone with Shaman? It still seems like it would be good against UW decks which are trying to fight you with both counterspells and hatebears (although admittedly a little clunky against both Surgical and Containment Priest).

SB Abrades: meh. What are those for?

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Grease View Post
    I was checking TC decks in an attempt to update my pre-ban list, and I noticed a lot of people are running md Cabal Therapy over Thoughtseize now (or a split). Is there a specific reason for it? I understand the number of cards you care about is relatively small (at least in g1) and that the lifeloss of thoughtseize can sometimes be an issue combined with reanimate and G-daddy activations, but is that enough to make it superior?

Also, is Collective Brutality gone with Shaman? It still seems like it would be good against UW decks which are trying to fight you with both counterspells and hatebears (although admittedly a little clunky against both Surgical and Containment Priest).

Therapy requires more knowledge of opposing decks, but there's also 2-for-1 possibility. It also has more synergy with the SB Cryptbreaker plan.

Jun 2016
    Indianapolis, IN

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Grease View Post

It’s been a groupthink trend since ewlandon and the pro tour players started using the cabal therapy+ashen rider list. That’s not to say I think it’s a wrong way to build he deck but I don’t like the opportunity cost that comes with therapy. I also believe tidespout takes care of ashen rider’s job better in most situations and that rider is unnecessarily redundant in a non-therapy build. However, the rider-sac rider to therapy-rider again lines are legit.

As for brutality, I still really like the flexibility the card provides to the deck and it’s not like there aren’t targets for it anymore (baleful strix being target number 1 preboard and stuff like priest post board).

Abrade is good against DnT as it answers their vial & creatures. It also started being good against Sneak and Show when they started running arcane arrisan because the card answers both artisan and cage. Not sure how many people are still on artisan though. With Assassin’s Trophy coming out though I don’t think the abrades are necessary anymore.

Therapy also lets you turn your additional reanimation spells into more discard spells by targeting your opponent's creatures.

Feb 2017
    Kassel, Germany

Anybody thought about Arcane Artisan as a SB option to dodge Gy Hate Cards?

What Do you players think of 3 Lingering Souls in the SB for Grindy Matchups like Grixis and Miracles and a way to make edicts bad?

Any way to update the starting post with Deathrite Shaman being banned?

They see me puntin'
    May 2010
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by EronRelentless View Post
    Anybody thought about Arcane Artisan as a SB option to dodge Gy Hate Cards?
    I think Artisan would be good if you didnt need 3 mana to activate it next turn, also we dont run Emrakul and Griselbrand might not be enough that late.

Quote Originally Posted by EronRelentless View Post
    What Do you players think of 3 Lingering Souls in the SB for Grindy Matchups like Grixis and Miracles and a way to make edicts bad?
    Arent edicts fairly bad vs us? I dont find myself losing if I get Grizel down. Monastery Mentor seems better than Lingering Souls to me for a few reasons, 1. it wont care about grave hate whereas LS might get hit by some, 2. Mentor might solo win the game whereas LS might buy time but very unlikely would straight up win.

Not sure if this thread is really active anymore, but is Green or White the preferable splash now? It seems with Assassin's Trophy that Green has taken the lead over Wear / Tear?

Thoughts?

Jul 2009
    Cleveland

I played last night with the green splash, and definitely had circumstances where i wasn't sure what hate was coming in, and wear//tear or collective brutality would have both been awkward depending as people had a mix of dudes and permanent based hate.

I like green more than white, but it seems ulike it isn't such a huge downgrade that it is crazy to splash white instead.
    @turingTested on twitter
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    これは水である。

Quote Originally Posted by merfolkotpt View Post
    I played last night with the green splash, and definitely had circumstances where i wasn't sure what hate was coming in, and wear//tear or collective brutality would have both been awkward depending as people had a mix of dudes and permanent based hate.

I like green more than white, but it seems ulike it isn't such a huge downgrade that it is crazy to splash white instead.
    Thanks, that's what I was figuring as well. Assassin's Trophy hits so much. And Bayou's are only about $50 more than a Scrub right now.

Thread Information