Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Oracle Opposition

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Re: Oracle Opposition

Quote Originally Posted by a-hand View Post
    Is anyone still playing this deck post Deathrite ban? I'm no quite sure where to go with the deck, or if should still even be BUG or Bant, but this is the list I'm currently testing. Would love to hear any feedback and ideas!

4 Noble Hierarch
    3 Birds of Paradise
    2 Wirewood Symbiote
    4 Coiling Oracle
    3 Baleful Strix
    4 Elvish Visionary
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest

4 Brainstorm
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Abrupt Decay
    4 Force of Will

2 Bitterblossom
    3 Opposition

1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Forest
    2 Bayou
    1 Underground Sea
    3 Gaea's Cradle
    3 Tropical Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Windswept Heath
    Sadly this little piece of tier 3 was hurt really badly by the DRS nerf as DRS plus Symbiote was a huge engine in the deck. Birds/noble just can’t compare in that aspect.

I’m not sure how you can compensate for that loss.... maybe Arbor Elf?
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    Sadly this little piece of tier 3 was hurt really badly by the DRS nerf as DRS plus Symbiote was a huge engine in the deck. Birds/noble just can’t compare in that aspect.

I’m not sure how you can compensate for that loss.... maybe Arbor Elf?
    It's definitely a huge loss. I don't expect this to be tier by any means, just want to find the best build since it's my favorite pet deck.

I'm not sure if Arbor Elf is that great. I feel like I would rather have a Noble or Bird in any situation. Then again I haven't tested it at all so who knows.

I've been thinking about playing Bant with Thalia and Stoneforge. Although losing access to Cabal Therapy kinda sucks.

Sep 2011

Needs more Coiling Oracle. Where's Ice Fang Coatl/Baleful Strix?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Needs more Coiling Oracle. Where's Ice Fang Coatl/Baleful Strix?
    The second card in the list is a playset of Oracle. Although, yeah, maybe it could use the other two, although considering the lands, especially Strix is harder to cast than Visionary.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    The second card in the list is a playset of Oracle. Although, yeah, maybe it could use the other two, although considering the lands, especially Strix is harder to cast than Visionary.
    Only 4 copies of Oracle. Needs more. Like the flying ones.

Now that W6 is banned I see no reason not to push the 1/1 value dorks to support Opposition. They even pitch to FoW and chump Marit Lage.

I get that Elvish Visionary is easier on the mana and combos with Wirewood Symbiote, but the flying deathtouch ones are miles better in most situations.

Gilded Goose seems bad. This isn't Standard. This is a format that can Force/Daze/Pierce/Decay the turn 2 Oko and leave a useless 0/2.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Going to take a look into some options here.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2487004#paper

Just throwing this out here that the goose isn't objectively bad. I've seen these bant lists show up a few times now.
    -rob

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2487004#paper

Just throwing this out here that the goose isn't objectively bad. I've seen these bant lists show up a few times now.
    You're kidding, Bant Stoneblade plays Goose over Noble Hierarch? Because perfect mana fixing and exalted Batterskulls and TNNs are bad?

This must have been before the W6 ban when X/1 was a liability.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Alright I'm done with this thread. No point if you're the only feedback.
    -rob

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

i'm not a very good notetaker.

Friday: I arrive late afternoon and decide to play in a GP trial.

I started with a list that was more reactive.

// 21 Creature
    4 Coiling Oracle
    2 Elvish Visionary
    2 Wirewood Symbiote
    2 Dryad Arbor
    1 Craterhoof Behemoth
    1 Shardless Agent
    1 Ice-Fang Coatl
    4 Noble Hierarch
    3 Gilded Goose

// 3 Enchantment
    3 Opposition

// 8 Instant
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm

// 18 Land
    4 Gaea's Cradle
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bayou
    1 Snow-Covered Forest
    1 Snow-Covered Island
    1 Underground Sea

// 6 Planeswalker
    3 Oko, Thief of Crowns
    3 Garruk Wildspeaker

// 4 Sorcery
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

// 15 Sideboard
    // 1 Artifact
    SB: 1 Winter Orb

// 4 Creature
    SB: 2 Plague Engineer
    SB: 1 Reclamation Sage
    SB: 1 Collector Ouphe

// 3 Enchantment
    SB: 3 Leyline of the Void

// 5 Instant
    SB: 4 Abrupt Decay
    SB: 1 Force of Negation

// 2 Sorcery
    SB: 2 Cabal Therapy

R1: Bant Miracles (0-2, and it was single elim)
    G1: I don't remember much of game 1, but I think I lost.
    G2: I started w/ trop hierarch. (i kept a 1 land hand, but it was pretty strong). He went astrolabe, I forced it in case my hand was too slow. Then on my turn I drew a cradle. Tapped hierarch for symbiote, tapped cradle and trop for oko. he FoW'd. i don't remember much else of the game.

in between: I added an edric in there and a scryb ranger. still had 4 hierarch, 4 oracle, 3 goose, 2 symbiote, 2 visionary.

R1 again: Bant Miracles again (1-2)
    I honestly don't remember the details of this.

I was pretty discouraged at this point. Fortunately I found there was a legacy 3 round even (swiss) and I felt that I could make some improvements for the deck.

/ 60 Maindeck
    // 22 Creature
    4 Coiling Oracle
    3 Elvish Visionary
    3 Wirewood Symbiote
    2 Dryad Arbor
    1 Craterhoof Behemoth
    4 Noble Hierarch
    3 Gilded Goose
    1 Scryb Ranger
    // 3 Enchantment
    3 Opposition
    // 8 Instant
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    // 18 Land
    4 Gaea’s Cradle
    3 Tropical Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bayou
    1 Snow-Covered Forest
    1 Snow-Covered Island
    1 Underground Sea
    // 5 Planeswalker
    3 Oko, Thief of Crowns
    2 Garruk Wildspeaker
    // 4 Sorcery
    4 Green Sun’s Zenith
    // 15 Sideboard
    // 4 Artifact
    SB: 3 Winter Orb
    SB: 1 Cloudstone Curio
    // 4 Creature
    SB: 2 Plague Engineer
    // 7 Instant
    SB: 3 Abrupt Decay
    SB: 1 Force of Negation
    SB: 3 Veil of Summer

with this list i won: (so 3-0 in matches)

4c grixis (2-0 or 2-1)
    Urza Stompy (with thopter foundry) (2-0 or 2-1)
    Big Eldrazi (2-1)

I felt like the force of will just was dead a lot of the time. I wanted to be the one applying the pressure and just come as close to goldfishing as possible. + with all the tropical islands in the deck, people would play around force of will anyway. Instead I ran 2 orb, 1 rec sage and 1 quirion ranger. (ranger was really useful in old winter orb decks, so why not now?)

The next day I spoke a lot with some buddies and they helped me update the SB. I also swapped 2 goose for 2 bop. Thankfully my friend Daniel convinced me to play thoughtseize in the sb. They really helped. I was also convinced I would just lose to graveyard strategies, I took my chances and played a singleton ooze in the sb. Ouphe also has a lot of application in these matchups.

2 Birds of Paradise
    4 Coiling Oracle
    1 Craterhoof Behemoth
    3 Elvish Visionary
    1 Gilded Goose
    4 Noble Hierarch
    1 Quirion Ranger
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Scryb Ranger
    3 Wirewood Symbiote
    2 Garruk Wildspeaker
    3 Oko, Thief of Crowns
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Opposition
    2 Winter Orb
    1 Bayou
    2 Dryad Arbor
    4 Gaea's Cradle
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Snow-Covered Forest
    1 Snow-Covered Island
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Underground Sea
    3 Verdant Catacombs

SB:
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Collector Ouphe
    1 Force of Vigor
    1 Plague Engineer
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Veil of Summer
    1 Vendilion Clique

R1: (miracles urw) (2-1)
    G1: he had 2 fow for my 2 winter orbs. Opposition landed, but I drew only 3 creatures during the game. Both dryad arbors were killed at this point. He has out narset and a mentor, snapcaster and a token. I have to end step brainstorm and put away 2 lands. I kept a behemoth and shuffled. Drew another land unfortunately. I cast behemoth but he had enough blockers to go to 1.
    G2: lots of back and forth. Containment priest. Palace jailer. Winter orb started the nail. (he forced. Following turn I hoofed.
    G3: hierarch symbiote cralde oko. He forced. I landed an opposition a few turns later. He scooped.

R2 omnisneak. (2-1)
    G1: I had some outs but sneak attack emrakul.
    G2: I had 2 thoughtseize. Resolved a Leovold and an oko. He sneak attacked a griselbrand, but couldn't draw. I thoughtseized the other one and stabilized.
    G3: I had a thoughtseize to take his show and tell. Then made hierarch and arbor. Next turn I played qurioirn Ranger and soon Leovold. I was holding opposition. Cast it, he eventually cunning wish for Pyroblast to kill it. I draw a card. Play a 2nd opposition and lock up the game.

2-1 Tim on sneak and show (2-1)
    G1: he keeps a 5 card hand on the play. I more or less goldfish without revealing too much. I have no idea what he's on except for daze and cantrips and islands.
    G2: he wins with that blue looter. I don't have an opposition so I die.
    G3: he has artisan again but is afraid to tap it bc I'm holding up mana (I had a clique in hand + veil of summer).
    After a few turns I play opposition with veil against his force. He makes an emrakul token, but it doesn't matter.

R4 grixis delver (2-0)
    G1: delver + angler almost got there, but scryb ranger + dryad arbor stabilized until oko showed up.
    G2: he mulled to 5 and I had a pretty strong opening followed by oko and opposition.

R5: dnt (1-1) (draw)
    G1: played out winter orb + mana dorks. he wasn’t really able to do too much. not very eventful.
    G2: very long and drawn out. he actually stablized due to an active mother of runes and a revoker on hierarch. i had a lot of outs but never got there.
    G3: i had a plague engineer for his double mother of runes draw, and the winter orb again. unfortunately i needed 2 more turns to win the game. resulted in a draw.

R6: hex depths (2-0)
    G1: he didn’t have too much. he played the hex mage on the first time with mox diamond, but wasn’t really able to follow much of it up. i cast craterhoof after a few turns.
    G2: he had the combo after a few turns, but I resolved an opposition. there really wasn’t too much he could do.

R7: Bug BridgeVine (2-0)
    G1: he tries to combo off, but whiffs on a bunch of dredges (with altar out). i play an oko and elk the altar. at one point he attacks with 3 vengevine to take out my garruk. i luckily rip a GSZ with enough mana for hoof b/c cradle in hand and cradle in play.
    G2: he mulled to 4 and i had a pretty decent hand. he had some dredges but they weren’t strong enough.

R8: Bug Food Chain (2-0)
    G1: opposition got him. i thought he was on aluren, b/c all i saw were cantrips and some mana dorks and the hideaway guy.
    G2: he had food chain, which i thoughtseized. then he played a manipulate fate, followed by another food chain. fortunately while casting the guy was on the stack, i force of vigored his food chain. (i had to sequence it this way b/c he had a venser in hand and could save his food chain)

R9: Bug BridgeVine (0-2)
    G1: he mulled to 5 and killed me on turn 2 or 3 (he was on the play)
    G2: he mulled to 4 and killed me on turn 3. i planned on losing to graveyard decks because i didnt want to waste 20% of my sb on leyline of the void.

R10: Omnisneak (2-0)
    G1: i landed an early leovold. he died a while later to opposition and friends.
    G2: same thing i think.

R11: Bant (2-0)
    G1: he played 2 goyfs. i mostly just cast a bunch of oracles until he couldn't do anything. i think oko was good here.
    G2: can't recall, but i won pretty quick.

R12: Grixis delver (1-1-1)
    G1: won game 1 b/c oko saved me
    G2: i stupidly misplayed b/c i didn't put an elk token over his brazen borrower. i had lethal with a garruk to untap cradle and hoof him, but i lost focus. instead i got a scryb ranger, survived a few more turns, then got blown out by plague engineer. this game took a very long time.
    G3: oppo had a pretty good draw with plague engineer, but we ran out of time.

R13: Ant (1-1-1)
    G1: he durdled a lot and i needed an opposition or leovold to win. never got either and he stormed.
    G2: i drew a bunch of sb cards. he tendrils me for 20, but i had a leovold in my graveyard and an ooze. (after this game we had 10 minutes)
    G3: i again drew a bunch of sb cards. on his turn 4 he was looking at lethal from me. he tendrils me for 14 so i needed to draw a hoof or gsz. i drew neither so we timed out.

R14: Omnisneak (2-0)
    G1: opposition tapped him down, and i garruked him with overrun.
    G2: he cast show and tell, but i had out leovold and i played rec sage from my hand. he played omni and had a bunch of emrakuls in my hand. better lucky than good.

R15: Bug delver (2-0)
    G1: delver really didn't have a chance b/c i was on the play and i just had too much tempo.
    G2: garruk + oko + opposition was enough

remarks:

i would consider cutting the basic island and a rec sage for another opposition and another winter orb. brazen borrower could also be okay, or a 2nd leovold would also be very good.

sb:

the plague engineer isn't really needed, but it's clearly very good. i didn't have much use for it this weekend. the other card was the clique, never used it. carpet of flowers was very good and could recommend a 2nd one.
    Last edited by mistercakes; 12-11-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    -rob

Sep 2011

Congrats on only taking 1 loss in 15 rounds! And you expected to lose to GY combo anyway.

MD Winter Orb seems like a great addition for mana dorks + Rangers + Opposition, especially when your 1 land can be Cradle. Like any Winter Orb deck you risk going to time, and you saw that, though Hoof must help close out most games.

I know you don't like my feedback but it does look like adding Hierarchs and cutting Goose was good in this meta...

Ice-Fang Coatl seems really bad with that manabase (2 snow lands), impossible for it to ever have deathtouch, so I see why you cut it. If it can't ambush a Sneaky Griselbrand/Emrakul, it loses a lot of value.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Congrats on only taking 1 loss in 15 rounds! And you expected to lose to GY combo anyway.

MD Winter Orb seems like a great addition for mana dorks + Rangers + Opposition, especially when your 1 land can be Cradle. Like any Winter Orb deck you risk going to time, and you saw that, though Hoof must help close out most games.

I know you don't like my feedback but it does look like adding Hierarchs and cutting Goose was good in this meta...

Ice-Fang Coatl seems really bad with that manabase (2 snow lands), impossible for it to ever have deathtouch, so I see why you cut it. If it can't ambush a Sneaky Griselbrand/Emrakul, it loses a lot of value.
    thanks. orb was good, and it might justify a 2nd quirion ranger. the deck can also do some really explosive draws that are enabled by quirion ranger.

eg:
    turn 1 trop -> hierarch
    turn 2 tap trop -> quirion ranger -> tap hierarch -> symbiote -> cradle (GGG) -> use ranger, tap hierarch -> GGGU -> oracle/garruk/gsz/oko etc.

you were right about hierarch being required. the goose is pretty good too, but after running a lot more games in practice, it just wanted mana every turn and the deck isn't a control deck like tristan's. i want multiple activations each turn. 1 goose is nice to fetch if the life gain is needed. it's also nice to have with an untap effect to make 2 food at eot with cradle.

coatl wasn't very good, and it felt clunky so i cut it.

on the discord one of the guys mentioned deep forest hermit and it feels like a big miss. i'm a little sad i overlooked this one. i would also like to try 1 tradewind rider. given that the deck can bounce 2 permanents per turn, it is a must answer for decks even though it just seems like many times you still are dependent on passing the turn. it's also a maindeck answer to planeswalkers assuming you get him down first.

i'll have to dig through gatherer to see if i'm overlooking anything else. happy to test cards, i've always been a big fan of nicfit and this is a very similar kind of deckbuilding approach.

edit: after digging through, i have some ideas worth testing in addition to the previous 2.

frilled mystic
    can be a consistent way to provide counter magic. maybe a little tough on mana.

kaysa
    not great, but can help close out games. also worth noting that it improves the power of elk and beasts. noting it because it is good vs plague engineer regardless of the type they name.

elvish champion
    not perfect as we aren't exclusively elves, but another workaround for plague engineer

imperious perfect
    another workaround for plague engineer, but also makes tokens for opposition and can act as a win condition by itself.

elvish archdruid
    another workaround for plague engineer, can also set up for some very unfair turns following your untap

masked admirers
    kind of janky, but just thought i'd mention it

nissa, vastwood seer
    making the land drops wasn't that difficult in this deck. i think this could merit testing

gilt leaf archdruid
    kind of goofy, not sure when it would be better than other cards. it does at least draw cards when you cast druids, but 5cc is a lot for this effect.

oracle of mul daya
    card seems good, but not sure it's good enough.

prime speaker vannifar
    card feels pretty good overall, would need testing. not great with the blue in the cost.

quirion druid
    this lets you oko their lands.

rofellos, llanowar emissary
    kind of a must kill for the opponent

rishkar, preema renegade
    this card could help close out the game

sages of the anima
    just mentioning for reference

shaman of the pack
    i did go to time 3 rounds due to the complexity of this deck and the fact that it can't really close out games quickly. this could be a compromise.

sumala woodshaper
    could help find opposition or a creature you need. white mana is awkward, so probably not.

wilt-leaf liege
    this guy is pretty good. not sure if he's good enough for legacy now.

wirewood hivemaster
    token maker, pretty decent.

wren's run packmaster
    i think this card is pretty solid. it sees a lot of play in elves, and you can do some nice champion tricks with oracles and visionaries. definitely worth testing.

zameck guildmage
    weird card, seems awkward.

squirrel nest
    hard to remove token maker. used to see play in old squirrel prison decks.

skyshroud poacher
    this guy is actually really good in this deck. he's a human, but he can tutor up a leovold into play at instant speed. he can also tutor up the squirrel guy (which you need to play if you run him)

fauna shaman
    this card is probably very good in this deck. additionally the MOST deck is designed around him, so this guy likely merits testing at least with 1 in the deck. obviously can fetch you a win condition almost whenever you want. what's really crazy is with quirion ranger, you can put the dryad arbor back and hand and tutor. he also survives through plague engineer. he might warrant 2 copies.

vizier of the managerie
    this card was used by canali (i think). worth trying out. probably can run away with games if you are a little lucky off the top. also using cradle mana to cast oracles seems rather unfair.

elvish reclaimer
    being able to find the cradle and protect you from wasteland is invaluable. hellonewton plays 4x in his elves lists and i tried it a few times. it's very good.

for now i think the recommendation is find room for 1 deep forest hermit and 1 more leovold, emissary of trest

i would run this now in testing:

// 60 Maindeck
    // 2 Artifact
    2 Winter Orb

// 24 Creature
    4 Coiling Oracle
    2 Elvish Visionary
    3 Wirewood Symbiote
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    2 Dryad Arbor
    1 Craterhoof Behemoth
    4 Noble Hierarch
    1 Gilded Goose
    1 Scryb Ranger
    1 Quirion Ranger
    2 Birds of Paradise
    1 Deep Forest Hermit

// 3 Enchantment
    3 Opposition

// 4 Instant
    4 Brainstorm

// 18 Land
    4 Gaea's Cradle
    4 Tropical Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Bayou
    1 Snow-Covered Forest

// 5 Planeswalker
    3 Oko, Thief of Crowns
    2 Garruk Wildspeaker

// 4 Sorcery
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

// 15 Sideboard
    // 4 Creature
    SB: 1 Scavenging Ooze
    SB: 1 Imperious Perfect

// 2 Enchantment
    SB: 2 Carpet of Flowers

// 6 Instant

// 3 Sorcery
    SB: 3 Thoughtseize
    Last edited by mistercakes; 12-02-2019 at 03:19 AM.
    -rob

Sep 2011

on the discord one of the guys mentioned deep forest hermit and it feels like a big miss. i'm a little sad i overlooked this one.
    Wow, yeah me too. I even used to play Squirrel Opposition back in the day... Deranged Hermit was a big piece of that deck.

i would also like to try 1 tradewind rider. given that the deck can bounce 2 permanents per turn,
    You do have some similarities to MOST. Check out their thread. But you don't have any way to tutor a 1-of Rider for when you have the board to abuse it (it's bad as a random topdeck). You'd need something like multiple Fauna Shaman or Pod.

I tried this in a janky Druids deck. It's... OK. It beats Plague and Bolt, that's really it. Any other lord effect is better. Wilt-Leaf Liege SB could be good if Grixis 2-for-1 takes over the post-W6 meta again.

Leyline of Abundance any good for you? It's free, it ramps your 7 mana dorks, then when you have degenerate mana it doubles as Plague defense / win condition.

Of the Elf lords, this is probably the best for your deck.

Only advantage over Birthing Pod is that you can GSZ it and untap it. Does your deck want Pod?

squirrel nest
    hard to remove token maker. used to see play in old squirrel prison decks.
    Is Earthcraft unbanned yet? If any deck could abuse that combo, yours is well-positioned..
    Last edited by FTW; 12-02-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Congrats for the results, from a Most player i know how hard is to tune and adjust a list as close as possibile to the perfect one =)
    It's a bit sad that we can't play 4 Coatl, and i would really fear engineer playing so many 1/1 elves: beside the gp, where you have found just one of them, in other testing has it been a big problem?

Another question, is there a Discord or have i read badly?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Depends if the meta will change a lot. I have some more ideas to deal with them, but need to do some testing sessions.
    -rob

Depends if the meta will change a lot. I have some more ideas to deal with them, but need to do some testing sessions.
    Indeed, I think fauna shawman with shawman of the pack is the way to go. I am going to be testing that! Will report back.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

I thought about shaman a lot. If you end up adding a 2nd Leovold, I would recommend cutting the basic island and then you could easily play the shaman. You can definitely cut the underground sea. I like a trop over it, but a bayou might be fine as well.

https://discord.gg/C9k7Ja
    -rob

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Wow, yeah me too. I even used to play Squirrel Opposition back in the day... Deranged Hermit was a big piece of that deck.

You do have some similarities to MOST. Check out their thread. But you don't have any way to tutor a 1-of Rider for when you have the board to abuse it (it's bad as a random topdeck). You'd need something like multiple Fauna Shaman or Pod.

Yea I thought about the pod guy, but I don't have many 3 drops. However the courser that came in 2nd place could be a great addition to this deck, play a cradle off the top with brainstorm. (similar to oracle. I will definitely try a singleton of this card.)

I tried this in a janky Druids deck. It's... OK. It beats Plague and Bolt, that's really it. Any other lord effect is better. Wilt-Leaf Liege SB could be good if Grixis 2-for-1 takes over the post-W6 meta again.

Leyline of Abundance any good for you? It's free, it ramps your 7 mana dorks, then when you have degenerate mana it doubles as Plague defense / win condition.

It's maybe a little too cute. If I ran one, it would likely be the +0+1 and soul warden effect. (prob just a singleton)

Of the Elf lords, this is probably the best for your deck.

Only advantage over Birthing Pod is that you can GSZ it and untap it. Does your deck want Pod?

Is Earthcraft unbanned yet? If any deck could abuse that combo, yours is well-positioned..
    Comments in line.
    -rob

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

have some ideas for the deck:

current version:

// 60 Maindeck
    // 2 Artifact
    2 Winter Orb

// 24 Creature
    4 Coiling Oracle
    3 Elvish Visionary
    3 Wirewood Symbiote
    2 Dryad Arbor
    1 Craterhoof Behemoth
    4 Noble Hierarch
    1 Gilded Goose
    1 Scryb Ranger
    1 Quirion Ranger
    2 Birds of Paradise
    1 Scavenging Ooze

// 3 Enchantment
    3 Opposition

// 4 Instant
    4 Brainstorm

// 18 Land
    4 Gaea's Cradle
    3 Tropical Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Bayou
    2 Snow-Covered Forest

// 5 Planeswalker
    3 Oko, Thief of Crowns
    2 Garruk Wildspeaker

// 4 Sorcery
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

// 15 Sideboard
    // 3 Creature
    SB: 1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    SB: 1 Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves

// 3 Enchantment
    SB: 2 Carpet of Flowers
    SB: 1 Leyline of the Void

// 6 Instant

// 3 Sorcery
    SB: 3 Thoughtseize

new ideas:

// 60 Maindeck
    // 27 Creature
    4 Vengevine
    4 Noble Hierarch
    3 Coiling Oracle
    2 Wirewood Symbiote
    3 Birds of Paradise
    1 Quirion Ranger
    2 Dryad Arbor
    1 Craterhoof Behemoth
    3 Cloud of Faeries
    1 Collector Ouphe
    2 Elvish Visionary

// 3 Enchantment
    3 Opposition

// 7 Instant
    3 Intuition
    4 Brainstorm

// 17 Land
    3 Tropical Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bayou
    1 Forest
    4 Gaea's Cradle

// 2 Planeswalker
    2 Oko, Thief of Crowns

// 4 Sorcery
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

this one honestly could even run 2 craterhoofs, it's so busted with cloud of faeries + cradle.
    Last edited by mistercakes; 12-06-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    -rob

Very impressive, list looks sweet too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Thread Information