Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Oracle Opposition

Re: Oracle Opposition

I really like this list but i find awkward to play 2 FoW. To keep an decent amount of blue cards (19-20) in the list MD and post side is a real pain, especially because we don't have blue cards anymore like flusterstorm or FoN to side in and we have bue cards which we want to side out.

Without coatls playing a black splash is reasonnable and we can play some discards in SB (like 2 thoughtseize 3-4cabal) I dream to make a flash zenith with tef to bring leovold in response of a brainstorm at least once in my life ;)

You play more creatures so one more oppo and i like that, without FoW we can now play OuaT with 22 creatures 18 lands it's fantastic in opening hand and with brainstorm we can shuffle them after unless we have a large amount of mana.

Without FoW I think visionnary is better than oracle, easier to cast and it's not a druid for plague (noble hierarch is also druid)

And maybe the island is not necessary in 4c, and the second forest as well, we can add a 9th fetch which is important for dryad and NO.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Yea that's true. I did play once upon a time last time with the deck at my weekly and went 2-2 losing to fast combo (storm was close, snt was not).

19 blue I think is enough to support 2 fow. If you have a Leovold you're also likely to draw something.

I like oracle a lot lore than visionary despite the U mana requirement. It's also really good with brainstorm and courser.

I'm not completely sold on the FoW, so it could be almost anything. I'd even consider running a collector ouphe and probably another symbiote over th two FoW, but let's see how it goes first.
    -rob

Sep 2011

The new list looks pretty strong.

How do you find 2 FoW though? Since Force is a turn 0 card, it seems like something you either want to see all the time or never. Some decks do play only 3 copies, but in most cases either 0 or 4 seems optimal.

If you don't like FoW, what about a 3rd Natural Order? That's a card I usually see played with 3 copies, otherwise you don't have it available often enough.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

that's a good question, i don't really see this deck is a deck i really care to beat the turn 0 combo decks with preboard. i'd prefer to have more proactive cards than reactive, which may be wrong to play 2 FoW instead of 4. i haven't been able to test either.

will need to test, but don't have the time now. hopefully over the next few months i can attend my weeklies more often. (to give an idea i played 13 weeklies + the GP in 2019, and i don't play online)
    -rob

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

sb is still up in the air, but wouldn't deviate too much from what you'd normally include in a bug shell:

// 60 Maindeck
    // 1 Artifact
    1 Winter Orb

// 25 Creature
    2 Dryad Arbor
    1 Craterhoof Behemoth
    2 Birds of Paradise
    1 Quirion Ranger
    1 Reclamation Sage
    4 Noble Hierarch
    3 Wirewood Symbiote
    4 Coiling Oracle
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    2 Questing Beast
    2 Elvish Visionary
    1 Gilded Goose

// 3 Enchantment
    3 Opposition

// 4 Instant
    4 Brainstorm

// 19 Land
    1 Snow-Covered Forest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Misty Rainforest
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Underground Sea
    2 Bayou
    4 Gaea's Cradle

// 4 Planeswalker
    3 Oko, Thief of Crowns
    1 Garruk Wildspeaker

// 4 Sorcery
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

i really like this kind of build, and have grown a bit fond of questing beast. (however you could fit a scavenging ooze over the 2nd one)
    -rob

Sep 2011

Questing Beast looks strong.

With 4 Cradles and 4 GSZ, do you want a 1-of Deep Forest Hermit?

It has obvious synergy with Opposition, but it even combos with Wirewood Symbiote too. Tap Cradle for 6+ green mana. Return Hermit to your hand to untap something. Pay 5 green to cast Hermit again, making 4 more Squirrels.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

i think the squirrel card is pretty nuts, but it's weaker than what's already in the deck. it can probably do some major damage in some very specific matchups, but across the board it's weaker than most of the other cards. for nostaglia it's pretty sweet, and agreed it's bonkers with oppo and/or symbiote.
    -rob

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Dryad of Ilysian Grove
    2G
    Enchantment Creature - Nymph
    You may play an additional land on each of your turns.

Lands you control have all basic land types in addition to other types.

this is pretty interesting. i like that with a ranger you can bounce gaea's cradle and replay it.
    -rob

Sep 2011

Bant Stoneblade is back on Hierarchs, like you.
    https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=24207&d=368923&f=LE

Goose must have been to play around W6.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Very likely, it's still a good card overall. However, the only major benefit for goose is to produce any color. I still opt for bop since I play a lot of untap effects.

https://www.hareruyamtg.com/en/deck/266059/show/
    -rob

Thread Information