So you know how 4c Loam plays chalice and no cantrips so it has mediocre card selection? You know how Miracles can't attack manabases or put up much of a clock? You know how Punishing Dack decks lose to wasteland?

What if we fixed all these problems with a single gorgeous pile??? I call it Miracle Loam!

Here's a list:

3 Oko
2 Dack

3 Icefang Coatl
4 Knight of the Reliquary

4 Force of Will
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
3 Arcum's Astrolabe
3 Punishing Fire
2 Terminus
2 Life from the Loam
1 Crop Rotation
1 Entreat the Angels

4 Flooded Strand
3 Misty Rainforest
3 Wasteland
3 Grove of the Burnwillows
2 Snow Island
1 Snow Forest
1 Snow Plains
1 Volcanic Island
1 Tundra
1 Tropical Island
1 Bojuka Bog
1 Blast Zone
1 Maze of Ith
1 Mystic Sanctuary

SB
3 Pyroblast
2 Surgical
2 Veil of Summer
1 Nissa, Vital Force
1 Crop Rotation
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Karakas
1 Ghost Quarter
1 Sylvan Library
1 Return to Nature
1 Meddling Mage

So basically you're a control deck, but KotR gives you closing speed, and LoL/Punishing Fire gives you inevitability against other control decks. The deck is also one of the only decks that can abuse synergies between LoL and Mystic Sanctuary and Miracles cards.

I've played the deck through a few leagues and it's felt quite solid. Currently I'm 9-6, which is not maybe not super impressive but for a first draft (and if you'd seen the number of idiotic misclicks I make) it's at least a basic proof of concept. Felt like I'm in it every game, and a few matchups I've lost, I've also won (1-1 against painter, 1-2 against 4c Loam), which implies to me that they're not terrible.

Here's what I think recommends the deck -

Stable-ish manabase: it's not old Miracles with its 6 basics, but 4 basics and 3 astrolabe means that you can play reasonably wasteland-proof if you want to. I played Stryfo Pile for a bit and losing to wasteland seemed the saddest part of the deck - this deck has all the pfire/dack/LoL advantage engine while shoring up that weakness

Wasteland-lock: You can waste-lock people. Even if you don't lock 'em, having wasteland as an avenue of interaction is huge in so many matchups.

Pfire/Dack/LoL: Dack in conjunction with these draws a lot of cards, and they all three work well together. Now if only I could fit a Sevinne's Reclamation in...

KotR as a fast clock: KotR is an 8/8 or something when you want to close; this is an advantage when most control decks now rely on Oko as their clock of choice; it also stonewalls anglers and goyfs.

Lands package: in addition to 8 cantrips and 6 cantriping permanents, you have Crop Rotation and 4 Knights to find the right land for the situation. This gives an element of flexibility, consistency, and toolboxy-ness over and above traditional cantrip-only shells.

Mystic Sanctuary/Miracles/LoL: this lets you mill into miracles, then put them on top. If you have a wasteland, you can Miracle every other turn by destroying your wasteland to kill your sanctuary and then LoL them both back.

Anyway, the deck has been a blast and I just wanted to share in case anyone else wanted to pick it up and try it, or if anyone had suggestions. My questions right now are:
- any snazzier name? Miracle Loam just seems so dumb
- tweaking numbers; should there be 4 knights or 3, how much removal is actually needed, etc
- Sideboard stuff - is StP needed, could there be something stronger than Meddling Mage, do we need more artifact/enchantment interaction...
- any glaring weaknesses? Horrible matchups? Grave hate is good against the deck of course, but we're not so dependent that we can't play through it