Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Most Often Misunderstood Cards of Legacy

Nov 2007
    Finland

Re: Most Often Misunderstood Cards of Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post

On topic: state-based effects and triggers. I've got a Eureka Order deck that this can come up. I cast Eureka and during resolution I put 2 Ugins into play, and you put a single Oblivion Ring into play. Once Eureka is finished resolving, you have to put the trigger on the stack and announce targets. Once that is done, I am free to sacrifice (due to legend/planeswalker state based check) the Ugin being targetted. Then triggers will resolve from the stack.
    What you described is totally wrong. And has nothing to do with Eureka itself but the rules of the game.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

although it might not come up very often, people tend to have trouble understanding illusionary mask
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    although it might not come up very often, people tend to have trouble understanding illusionary mask
    The fact that it makes it a 2/2 creature where its stats are largely irrelevant is kinda funny. It's only because the card was retooled to work coexistent with other face-down creatures when Morph was introduced back in Onslaught block.

Edit: And I love how the printed text tells you why you would ever want to do this in the first place (...so opponent doesn't know what it is.)

Phantasmagorian is one I've had to explain to people many times over the years on how it works.

Thread Information