Thread: [Podcast] - The Salt Mine, Episode 3. The Australian Legacy Perspective Podcast.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

[Podcast] - The Salt Mine, Episode 3. The Australian Legacy Perspective Podcast.

Hi all,

Speedbump, ChemicalBurns and myself started a podcast about Legacy from our perspective of being from "down unda."

We're up to episode 3 now, and I've just realised we never posted it here so I figured why not.

Episode 1

Episode 2:
    Part 1
    Part 2

Episode 3

The quality of every episode gets better as we become better at editing and recording, apologies for how raw Episode 1 is.

Blurbs for the episodes:
    Episode 1:
    Introduction, talk about Eternal Masters Australia, what we'll be playing and why I love Goblins too much, Eternal Masters - The Set review and just general aussie shit talking.
    Episode 2:
    Part 1: GP Prague and GP Columbus discussion
    Part 2: We talk about how miserably we all scrubbed out in the Legacy portion and interview the winner.
    Episode 3:
    SCG Wooostah decks (included a very special shout-out to a certain Maverick player), go through Eldritch Moon spoilers and discuss the playables and not playables, talk about the card buyouts and get it all wrong about the B/R changes.

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [Podcast] - The Salt Mine, Episode 3. The Australian Legacy Perspective Podcast.

Holy Shit. Aussie podcast? That's sweet.

You open with Goanna and you cut it off... Ripped.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Re: [Podcast] - The Salt Mine, Episode 3. The Australian Legacy Perspective Podcast.

Holy Shit. Aussie podcast? That's sweet. Where you all based?
    Cheers!

Jimmy (not on the source), Sean (ChemicalBurns) and myself are all from Melbourne, Victoria. Matt (Speedbump) was living in Melbourne for a while but moved back to New Zealand.

Mar 2013

That's sweet. You guys should get in touch with some of us up here in Brisbane from time to time. The scene here is large and growing. I really want this to be a thing (Aussie cast) so hit me up of you need help.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

That's sweet. You guys should get in touch with some of us up here in Brisbane from time to time. The scene here is large and growing. I really want this to be a thing (Aussie cast) so hit me up of you need help.
    We absolutely would love to get that happening! I met quite a lot of the Brisbane boys at the GP Melbourne Legacy side events and they spoke about how sick your scene was. Like, weekly 30 people events!

I'll pm you to set it up!

Mar 2013

Completed the first episode. I enjoyed it. You have a unique collection of people talking about a unique collection of decks. Not to many people these days will still be playing Goblins for example.

Your smaller meta and group, plus what apears to be a lack of focus on having the best decks makes for a more relaxed and enjoyable listening experience. It's less about kind of "Cut Throat, play the best, be the best", feeling you find elsewhere and more relaxed, "This is a hobby" feeling I enjoyed.

I think that is what Legacy is in Australia. There is no large events really, no Legacy GP, no SCG, no BOM. that means legacy here can be diluted down to its most pure form, a hobby without lasting pressure. A vibe you all seem to have.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Waidaminit, DiceBox is Australian?

Damn it!

I shall have to re-read all of his recent posts with the accent. I may have missed something.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

I think that is what Legacy is in Australia. There is no large events really, no Legacy GP, no SCG, no BOM. that means legacy here can be diluted down to its most pure form, a hobby without lasting pressure. A vibe you all seem to have.
    You're not wrong. If you want to be a spike and become a "famous" magic player, you're forced into playing Modern/Standard, which are the most played formats in Melbourne.

To quote someone from down here "I play Modern because I have to, I play Legacy because I want to."

If you've ever wondered why I feel so strongly against decks like Show and Tell and Reanimator, that's why. They're not fun (subjective yes I know) and those decks create a lot of non-games. It's also why I play almost fully-foiled/altered Goblins in a proxy meta

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Waidaminit, DiceBox is Australian?

Damn it!

I shall have to re-read all of his recent posts with the accent. I may have missed something.
    Ha. I don't have an accent, you all do.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    You're not wrong. If you want to be a spike and become a "famous" magic player, you're forced into playing Modern/Standard, which are the most played formats in Melbourne.

To quote someone from down here "I play Modern because I have to, I play Legacy because I want to."

If you've ever wondered why I feel so strongly against decks like Show and Tell and Reanimator, that's why. They're not fun (subjective yes I know) and those decks create a lot of non-games. It's also why I play almost fully-foiled/altered Goblins in a proxy meta
    I can understand. Here it is an odd mix of cut throat and relaxed. One guy plays Ceph Breakfast, another plays U/R Painter. Its an odd mix. The thing is so many people have extra cards that people in Brisbane can hit us up and practically "Order" a deck for the night. Keeps things fresh.

Thread Information