Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of Legacy Podcasts.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

List of Legacy Podcasts.

This is a list of the currently active podcasts on the subject of Legacy. Each one offering something unique and flavorful for your enjoyment.

The Brainstorm Show
    Paul, Wilson and Phillip talk in depth on matters from individual cards to decks they themselves have pioneered. Unapologetically Blue, willing to say the obvious or the unknown in equal measure and sometimes long winded, these guys are always worth a listen.

Humans of Magic
    Each episode, James Hsiu interviews a member of Magics past and seeks to ask them, not about tips or tricks but about the events and stories that they remember most fondly. Seeking to go not into Top 8 lists instead seeking the stories behind the players and the paths they took to reach their milestones. A welcome change from the norm.

Leaving a Legacy
    By far the most likely legacy cast to end up off the rails seconds after introductions are completed, these guys are always a blast. A group of friends that play legacy while also talking about real life issues like being parents, work and buying a home, Adrian, Patrick and Jerry are amusing to listen to and great for a laugh. Recommend for when you are less after full on Legacy content and more interested in the people behind the games.

Legacy's Allure
    Without equal this is the most professional of all the Legacy casts. Each episode, Zach brings in a different member of Legacy's historic roster of players and seeks to dive in deep with them on their chosen deck. Seeking all infomation one can gain in a 30 to 60 minute cast on the deck in question, the history of the deck and the matches that it excels and struggles with. A very useful tool for those who are seeking to kill some time, get into the format or learn about a single deck. Follow the link for the audio cast of here for the video casts.

Legacy Breakfast
    Join Stu and the Other Stu as they grant you a look into Legacy in Britain. A relaxed style of cast, based on the idea that a conversation before a morning Legacy event could be recorded for our pleasure, these two men offer everything from in depth dives on common decks to the outrageous. (A recent example was a whole episode dedicated to SI.) Good for a laugh and for the strangeness that comes from their relaxed approach to the format. Well worth your time.

Legacy Weapon
    Designed with the express intention of helping people get into the format, Drew and Jamie offer a easy to understand and digest look at Legacy for those who may not be intreched in the format or who are just getting started. Sadly though they are not the most consistent podcasters and sometimes they take long breaks between casts.

The Salt Mine
    A new cast coming out of Melbourne, the trio of Sean, Mat and Steve offer a unique outlook on the format from the ground up. A new cast in a growing Meta, these guys offer laughs and a look at the trials of trying to grow a meta while also just having fun. Good for a laugh and also a good cast to point that one person you know who can't give up on their pet deck too.

Tusk Talk
    A group named after their love of Thragtusk, this group of Legacy regulars often talk about whatever has their fancy at the time of casting. Happy to ramble on or to knuckle down and get into the nuts and bolts of the format, these guys are fun to put on, even if they are not the most regular of casters. I do suggest, save for that O’Brien guy, but he is never going to read this... :)

Current dormant casts:
    Everyday Eternal
    One of the more in depth casts, old epps are worth a listen. A deep library with some historic moments caught in time in this lovely pool. Well suggest you have a listen.

Level Up Legacy
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 08-01-2016 at 03:38 PM.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Re: List of Legacy Podcasts.

Thanks for posting this, Dice. I'm a big fan of Leaving A Legacy and Legacy Breakfast. I've also enjoyed Tusk Talk and Everday Eternal, but they update soooo infrequently . . .

I've also just subscribed to Salt Mine, and will be giving that a try.

You could probably as James Hsiu's Humans of Magic to this list.

Mar 2013

Sure, I will give is a listen so I can write a blurb and then put it up day after tomorrow.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

We recorded an episode of Tusk Talk last night. Should be up Monday. I was a bit too intoxicated though so my ramblings may seem random and nonsensical
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Fantastic idea, thanks for compiling these together!
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

This should be stickied.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Listened to the newest Tusk and Salt Mine episodes this weekend and enjoyed both. Every non-blue, laid back Legacy podcast makes the world a better place.

Mar 2013

Updated. Pinned. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Listened to the newest Tusk and Salt Mine episodes this weekend and enjoyed both. Every non-blue, laid back Legacy podcast makes the world a better place.
    Cheers cobber, we do our best.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

This is a great list. Awesome to note how many of these are long and historied, and also how many are newer and showing growth.

And yeah, Legacy Weapon may have taken a few multi month unannounced, unplanned hiatuses. Now that our technical difficulties are fixed, we should stick to our ~every other week schedule. Cross Fingers.

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

I've become addicted to listening to these, I listen to them more than I listen to music at work now. Salt Mine and Tusk Talk in particular often make me laugh much harder than I ever should in the office.

Only ones I haven't checked out so far are Legacy Weapon and Leaving a Legacy, and I just downloaded a few episodes of each to my iPod to listen to over the next week.

In Response - Podcast
    Jun 2007
    Berne, Switzerland

For the occasional swiss german Podcast listener I would like to do some shameless self promotion: InResponse Podcast has something for everyone (who understands swiss german and is interested in Legacy (basically 3 people)).
    My co-host Lightless also streams Infect regularly under inresponse_ch.
    Chalice on 1

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

I found the Super Secret Tech podcast last week which seems to focus primarily on Legacy: http://mtgcast.com/author/supersecrettech

I also came to the realization last week that most non-Legacy focused MTG podcasts I've found are downright terrible. I tried listening to a few new ones to hear thoughts on MM17 and the majority of them I couldn't even make it to the halfway point. It appears even in podcasts the Legacy community is truly unique.

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

If you could correct my last name from "Hsiu" to "Hsu" that would be great :)

Humans of Magic is coming back. I'm trying out some new ways to interview players 1:1. Stay tuned.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

We recently started Lone Star Legacy (about Texas's Legacy & Vintage scene). We're on our second episode, and hope to put out new ones every few weeks.

We'll be posting episodes on our website, and they should be available on your podcast app-of-choice (though we're having some issues with iTunes not updating to show new episodes . . . ).

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

I recently subscribed to Eternal Durdles and can recommend them. They're pretty good about regular updates, and if you're the type of listener who doesn't want 2+ hours of content, they seem to keep their episode lengths under control.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

It would be very useful if this thread was regularly updated, I used to go here when looking for a new podcast episode to listen to but I think half of the podcasts listed aren't active anymore. Now I just make a search for the last podcast I remember listening to.

I thought I'd draw my straw to the stack (Swedish metaphor (it is a metaphor, right?) of you being an ant and being ready to do your part of the work in relation to a shared stack) and add a few new, more or less new, podcasts.

0-2 Dropcast:
    Here is a great podcast that now has released 7 episodes and these guys are very nice to listen to: https://www.azeternalmagic.com/02-dropcast

The dead format:
    I haven't gotten started listening to this podcast but it seems good [edit: can confirm, have listened to some very nice episodes now], run by Thomas Smiley (active Source contributor, I believe, forget which nick name) and Ian McKeown: https://soundcloud.com/the-dead-format

The eternal glory podcast:
    This one was just started, very nice, run by legacy superstars (is there such a thing as positive irony, well here it is) Anuraag Das, Wilson Hunter, and Bryant Cook: http://www.theeternalglorypodcast.com

Every day eternal:
    Legacy pillar of the format and content creator Julian Knab has this podcast which recently released a new episode after being quiet for a long time (extra pros for presenting what felt like most of my comments in the b&r thread in this episode): https://itsjulian.com/category/podca...erydayeternal/
    Last edited by pettdan; 03-25-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by pettdan View Post
    It would be very useful if this thread was regularly updated, I used to go here when looking for a new podcast episode to listen to but I think half of the podcasts listed aren't active anymore. Now I just make a search for the last podcast I remember listening to.

I thought I'd draw my straw to the stack (Swedish metaphor (it is a metaphor, right?) of you being an ant and being ready to do your part of the work in relation to a shared stack) and add a few new, more or less new, podcasts.

0-2 Dropcast:
    Here is a great podcast that now has released 7 episodes and these guys are very nice to listen to: https://www.azeternalmagic.com/02-dropcast

The dead format:
    I haven't gotten started listening to this podcast but it seems good [edit: can confirm, have listened to some very nice episodes now], run by Thomas Smiley (active Source contributor, I believe, forget which nick name) and Ian McKeown: https://soundcloud.com/the-dead-format

The eternal glory podcast:
    This one was just started, very nice, run by legacy superstars (is there such a thing as positive irony, well here it is) Anuraag Das, Wilson Hunter, and Bryant Cook: http://www.theeternalglorypodcast.com

Every day eternal:
    Legacy pillar of the format and content creator Julian Knab has this podcast which recently released a new episode after being quiet for a long time (extra pros for presenting what felt like most of my comments in the b&r thread in this episode): https://itsjulian.com/category/podca...erydayeternal/
    0-2 Dropcast is up to its 10th Episode! AZ Good
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

I would kill for a new Tusk Talk episode.

Thread Information