Thread: Card alteration!

Dec 2014
    Valpovo, Croatia

Card alteration!

Well, this week a friend contacted me and said tat he wanted to do a bit of Mtg alteration, since he will be opening a tattoo shop later this year. We talked about it and I am willing to do a bit of PR work from Instagram, Facebook, Magic Card Market, and so on, so, what do you think about it? I was thinking about altering some staple cards for eternal formats, but are there EDH players who are willing to pay extra few bucks on a altered card (like altered basic for 2-3 dolars a piece, altered generals, etc...). What do you think is a best way to start?

Thank you for your answers in advance!

:D

Re: Card alteration!

This might be obvious, but he should start off with creating a portfolio and selling them on ebay or various trading websites. This helps gets his name out there and give people examples of what his work looks like (no one will buy from someone who has no examples). A facebook page where he posts his latest alters could also be helpful, seems to be working for many other alterers. You could also try contacting local LGS's and see if they're willing to buy/display his alters. (I've been to a few LGS's who have a resident alterer(s))

Feb 2012
    Tienen

Re: Card alteration!

I'd be interested, if I could see his work.

Thread Information