Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***TuskTalk Ep.9 ENCHANTRESS LIVES (+soldier stompy and more) Podcast

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

***TuskTalk Ep.9 ENCHANTRESS LIVES (+soldier stompy and more) Podcast

Show Link:

http://mtgcast.com/mtgcast-podcast-s...ntress-lives-2

Show Notes/Timecodes:

Welcome to another episode of TuskTalk with Morgan Cooper (Handlebars), Josh Hand (Megadeus) and Evan Nyquist (Überwucherung). In Episode 9 we give a overview on the mystical Enchantress deck in the Legacy Meta. We also go over a top8 that leads into a discussion about Solider Stompy and a Thing in the Ice deck. We briefly discuss the upcoming GP’s that were recently announced and some BBQ. Handlebars has foil handmade solider tokens.

Extensive Timecodes:
    (links below)

0:00:00 Flavorful Intro
    0:00:50 Explaining Enchantress
    0:02:18 How does this deck win?
    0:04:25 Handlebars gets a million text messages
    0:05:55 RIP + HELM you. Sigil continued
    0:07:10 Approaches + Backgrounds on Enchantress
    0:09:00 Maximizing Value
    000 Little Puzzle
    045: Exploration
    0:15:00 Guile
    0:16:30 Legacy War Speech
    0:17:14 Banishing Light vs O-Ring
    0:18:00 Wut about Verduran Enchantress?
    0:18:30 Vs Eldrazi?
    0:20:11 Thomas Parker’s 4th Place SCG Legacy Classic w/ Enchantress
    0:21:50 Sphere of Safety vs Moat
    0:22:40 Budget option to Moat?
    0:24:28 Worthy cards that attack the deck
    0:26:42 Ways to beat the deck
    0:28:06 Can Enchantress be ‘Tier 1?’
    0:29:20 Vs Storm / Elves / Infect
    0:31:50 You boys like Mint Julips?
    0:32:03 Legacy GP announcement
    0:32:22 Hot Brown!
    0:33:50 Dwarf House
    0:36:23 Super GP
    0:40:50 Magic in the street
    0:42:09 European Eternal weekend
    0:42:53 Event Spoiler
    0:44:34 Top8 to look over…
    0:45:09 Soldiers!
    0:46:30 Solider Tokenz
    0:46:57 Back to Soldiers + New Thalia
    0:50:45 Shoutout to the CatWarriors
    0:51:05 PunishingThing.dec
    0:51:53 Eyeball man
    0:53:37 People don’t know how to play against it
    0:56:00 DnT
    0:58:35 Handlebars Take No Prisoners list
    0:59:35 Serra Angels
    0:59:45 Red you’re dead
    1:01:15 Local Talk / WinCon Monthly
    1:03:50 Wrap up
    1:04:18 End.

1:04:19 Five extra mins of additional audio and Outro Music

Belgian Legacy Cup Trial IV top8:
    http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=13150&d=276997&f=LE

WOTC GP announcements (scroll down):
    http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...ing-2016-08-02

GA Legacy Monthly:

August 20th, 2016
    Win Condition Games
    3895 Cherokee ST NW Unit #610, Kennesaw, Georgia 30144

Event Structure:
    Entry: $25
    Registration opens at 10 A.M.
    Players Meeting at Noon
    Format: Legacy
    Competitive REL
    Swiss Rounds +Top 8
    Prize Payout will be in store credit to Top 8, 100% payout to top 8 players.
    With door prizes available to all who register.
    Deck Registration will be required for this event

Enjoy!
    Tusk Up

Re: ***TuskTalk Ep.9 ENCHANTRESS LIVES (+soldier stompy and more) Podcast

In your discussion of Soldiers, someone says that Suppression Field is a non-bo with Karakas and Chrome Mox. Yes, it taxes Karakas, but usually it's not a factor at all. If you need Karakas in a matchup, you can spare the 2 mana usually to bounce a Griselbrand or something. And Suppression Field does NOT affect Chrome Mox at all, because Chrome Mox's tap ability is a mana ability and Suppression Field only affects non-mana abilities.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Awesome episodes! It's great you guys are putting these out more regularly, and I'm obviously happy to hear one devoted to Enchantress. A few quick thoughts:
    - Re. Eldrazi vs Enchantress: it's worth noting that Eye of Ugin & Eldrazi Temple aren't amazing at paying for Elephant Grass and Sphere of Safety. Blood Moon is also nice in that matchup if you're on Naya Enchantress. On the flip side, All Is Dust is a total beating, and World Breaker can catch you off guard if they're on GW Eldrazi.
    - Re. Elves vs Enchantress: I agree that this is a rough matchup, but for a reason you didn't mention - Ruric Thar. Unless you have a Banishing Light in your hand, you're immediately dead if they grab Ruric Thar off Natural Order.

Keep up the good output

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Thanks Stuart!!!
    Tusk Up

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Awesome episodes! It's great you guys are putting these out more regularly, and I'm obviously happy to hear one devoted to Enchantress. A few quick thoughts:
    - Re. Eldrazi vs Enchantress: it's worth noting that Eye of Ugin & Eldrazi Temple aren't amazing at paying for Elephant Grass and Sphere of Safety. Blood Moon is also nice in that matchup if you're on Naya Enchantress. On the flip side, All Is Dust is a total beating, and World Breaker can catch you off guard if they're on GW Eldrazi.
    - Re. Elves vs Enchantress: I agree that this is a rough matchup, but for a reason you didn't mention - Ruric Thar. Unless you have a Banishing Light in your hand, you're immediately dead if they grab Ruric Thar off Natural Order.

Keep up the good output
    How common is All is Dust in eldrazi? Looping world breaker is super slow so I'm not worried about him. Sterling Grove protects key enchantments. Agreed though. Elves has ten million reasons why it's bad. I'd honestly rather play against storm I think with leylines, stony, aegis, and other such things
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

I'm not clear on that, as I've played the match once. In game 2 I slammed a Solitary down. Despite not having Sterling Grove I felt super confident, then a few turns later World Breaker came out and ruined my day. Game 3 I got totally wrecked by All Is Dust. I can't say exactly how common either is, but the fact that Eldrazi can possibly interact with your enchantments is certainly something to be aware of.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    How common is All is Dust in eldrazi? Looping world breaker is super slow so I'm not worried about him. Sterling Grove protects key enchantments. Agreed though. Elves has ten million reasons why it's bad. I'd honestly rather play against storm I think with leylines, stony, aegis, and other such things
    All is Dust is fairly common, I'd definitely expect at least 2 copies in the 75.

Good podcast

Where did you loose nedleeds? He's been absent from the past few ones if I recall correctly.

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miagi View Post
    Good podcast

Where did you loose nedleeds? He's been absent from the past few ones if I recall correctly.
    Thanks man!!! Appreciation helps are tanks stay on full.

The advantage our cast has is we have more hands. Moving forward were trying to get different members of Team Tusk to keep interest levels (among us) high and give alternate perspectives. So to answer your question ned willreturn very soon, we have a episode in the works now focusing on Vintage with NEDLEEDS, FRENCHIE and DEEEEEEEEED focusing on their recent visit to Gencon. Tusks DER ARGER (in legacy)and NEDLEEDS (in vintage) both came home with undefeated runs earning byes for Eternal Weekend and a shit ton of beautiful cards were received by tusks. More to come. cheers
    Tusk Up

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

Great episode. What do you all think of the UG variant of Enchantress vs. GW?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by HSCK View Post
    Great episode. What do you all think of the UG variant of Enchantress vs. GW?
    Like words of wind and cloud of faeries? Never played it personally. Looks pretty sweet though. I'd definitely be interested to test it
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

Yeah, one of my friends played it and I instantly wanted to try it out, so far I've loved playing it. It doesn't have the power of Sanctum, but it's remarkably fast and interesting to play. I've done well vs Miracles and RUG Delver with it.

Jun 2011
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by HSCK View Post
    Yeah, one of my friends played it and I instantly wanted to try it out, so far I've loved playing it. It doesn't have the power of Sanctum, but it's remarkably fast and interesting to play. I've done well vs Miracles and RUG Delver with it.
    You should, in general those are pretty good matchups, is the fast combo and chalice of the void that can be the issues with the deck

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Was a good listen, cheers lads.

I've always wanted to build Enchantress, but between Goblins and Maverick I've probably got enough dead decks from 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Aug 2016
    Flanders

People still make podcasts about Enchantress? Too sweet!!

Also funny you guys should mention Eyeball Man immediately in the Bedlam Reveler discussion. Actually Bedlam didn't really do much in that list despite having a good finish, so in my current playtesting version he has actually been replaced by the Curious Homunculus as a random 1-off.
    3/4 prowess body seems nice, probably something like an extra Snapcaster would be better but this could be a nice beater as well. At least it seems worth trying it out, tonight it's the first time I'm taking the Eyeball to my local testing group.
    (and he's less situational to cast than Bedlam, who you don't want to cast when having good cards in hands)

EDIT: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=13226&f=LE

Someone already did the Homunculus - Accumulated Knowledge thing this week ;) seems like a sweet deck as well!

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post
    People still make podcasts about Enchantress? Too sweet!!

Also funny you guys should mention Eyeball Man immediately in the Bedlam Reveler discussion. Actually Bedlam didn't really do much in that list despite having a good finish, so in my current playtesting version he has actually been replaced by the Curious Homunculus as a random 1-off.
    3/4 prowess body seems nice, probably something like an extra Snapcaster would be better but this could be a nice beater as well. At least it seems worth trying it out, tonight it's the first time I'm taking the Eyeball to my local testing group.
    (and he's less situational to cast than Bedlam, who you don't want to cast when having good cards in hands)

EDIT: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=13226&f=LE

Someone already did the Homunculus - Accumulated Knowledge thing this week ;) seems like a sweet deck as well!

Hell yeah! Thanks!
    Thanks for sharing that list, looks cool. How did the testing go for you? The card is def interesting
    Tusk Up

Aug 2016
    Flanders

Quote Originally Posted by hymnyou View Post
    Hell yeah! Thanks!
    Thanks for sharing that list, looks cool. How did the testing go for you? The card is def interesting
    Somehow I didnt actually draw him the whole evening :x

But next week I'm taking the Accumulated/Intuition list, on Cockatrice that has actually worked pretty okay so far. Killing people with 2 2 mana 8/9s is always sweet (getting to 5 prowess isnt all that hard lategame). Snapcaster back probe, sac him for Cabal flashback, bolt their only blocker and you're almost there - dont remember the other 2 cards, but probably a Ponder and something else.

I must admit I underestimated his power until I played this deck.
    Painful Truths is awkward though, with him on the board you can only draw 2. Might consider cutting one for a Fact or Fiction, just because😜

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post
    Somehow I didnt actually draw him the whole evening :x

But next week I'm taking the Accumulated/Intuition list, on Cockatrice that has actually worked pretty okay so far. Killing people with 2 2 mana 8/9s is always sweet (getting to 5 prowess isnt all that hard lategame). Snapcaster back probe, sac him for Cabal flashback, bolt their only blocker and you're almost there - dont remember the other 2 cards, but probably a Ponder and something else.

I must admit I underestimated his power until I played this deck.
    Painful Truths is awkward though, with him on the board you can only draw 2. Might consider cutting one for a Fact or Fiction, just because😜
    Sounds right. Yea I think on the cast MEGADEUS suggested accumulated knowledge and fact or fiction. Good luck with it, sounds sweet
    Tusk Up

Jul 2013
    Texas

We need to have a moment for that rogue list with 4 SB pyroblast being matched up against Mono-U Omnishow in the finals. Can you imagine taking show and derp to the final table, you probe the guy to see eyeball man, intuition and mana leak and chuckle to yourself as you go off, then in games 2 and 3 he is maxed out on pyroblast.

That deck is pretty cool. Can't imagine that Snapcaster is better than DRS though. You could end the game real fast with the ramp from both DRS and Homunculus/Reader

This was a good cast. There is a committed Enchantress player in NY and playing against him all the time is how I learned to love QPM. Glad to see some other people working on new Thalia as well. I think she is very strong. Nothing feels quite as good as wasting a tapped fetchland. One day someone will figure out T1 sol land -> Tsabo's Web, turn 2 Thalia HC.

Thanks for making this. Haven't had a chance to listen but I will - I love Enchantress!

Regarding All Is Dust, I used to run Karmic Justice in the board, so that's a good answer (and we should be able to get it out before they can cast AiD).
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Thread Information