Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Deck]Robo-zoo

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

[Deck]Robo-zoo (Developmental)

This is my list (this post will probably edited soon because I am on a work break right now with very little time.) It took a few years for me to smooth the list over. Though I haven't taken this list to an event yet. I plan to go to SCG Syracuse this weekend. This deck easily spits out fatties like myr superion and lupine prototype. It can threaten to do +18 damage by turn 4 consistently if the opponent is not interactive (with fishing hands).
    Original list 8/12/16
    // Deck: robo-zoo (60)

// Lands
    4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Temple Garden
    4 Stomping Ground
    1 Sacred Foundry
    1 Forest
    2 Dryad Arbor (turns top deck extra fecthes slightly more useful,vial synergy, helps dry cast superion)

// Creatures
    4 Burning-Tree Emissary (nut draw)
    3 Scavenging Ooze (goyf/grave hate)
    4 Flinthoof Boar (solid haster in fishing)
    4 Myr Superion
    4 Lupine Prototype
    4 Wild Nacatl
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Experiment One
    4 Vexing Devil (powerful experment one pump while hitting for 4 once)

// Instants
    4 Lightning Bolt

// Artifacts
    4 Ęther Vial (nut draw)

// Sideboard
    SB: 2 Grafdigger's Cage (dredge, Eldritch evolution, dredge)
    SB: 3 Qasali Pridemage(affinity/boggles/infect hatebear)
    SB: 3 Seal of Fire (keeps removal up playing lupine)
    SB: 3 Lightning Helix (I lose alot of life fetching shocks)
    SB: 2 Grim Lavamancer ( affinity, infect)
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by lost_ronin_soul; 08-26-2016 at 01:23 AM.

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

Re: [Deck]Robo-zoo

Please give feed back and suggestions. Sideboard right now is aimed at affinity, burn , and infect. I have not experienced a modern event what so ever(I play legacy and brew edh). Please give advice and card suggestions for sideboarding, and what to be aware of. Goyf is not something I plan to buy at 700 a playset(prefer future sightbedition about the reprints are stillbexpensive too)...out of price range and no synergy with ooze. Ooze is my goyf and it helps hedge against goyf decks while helping me game one against graveyard decks. Goyf is a great card, but it's not something I want to play in this deck and I think ooze over goyf will be optimal setting.
    Last edited by lost_ronin_soul; 08-12-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Myr Superion with Lupine Prototype in your deck seems like a recipe for disaster. You only have 8 cards to put Myr into play with and they won't always be available, and Lupine really doesn't give you any leeway, you almost need a dedicated discard outlet for him to be active as soon as you want him to.

Replacement cards are hard to suggest if you're on a budget, maybe Atarka's Command? I know you want to keep it as creature-centric as possible but Atarka can really boost your swarm of creatures.

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

Thank you for your feedback. :) so far when I fish I have not seen that many issues with MYR or Lupine. Lupine and Myr downside occasionally come into play with sample hands and I know that it will be more difficult to cast superion off Noble with eot fethland into dryad arbor (plan c). The wolf is more useful in its bad mode is slightly more useful because it threatens to eat face and it still will pump experiment often to a 4/4 or a 5/5 by turn 4. . The most common example lupine is pacisfied is when I have too many lands . BTW cool trick is to vial in dryad arbor end of your opponents turn when vial has no counters. The game play of the deck is quickly get 3/3s turn 1-2. Turn 3-4 is to create 5/5 swarm with a few 3/3's. I was playing joraga treespeaker but it slowed the deck down to much. It also made me risk turn 2 tempo blow out if removal is played when trying to level up. Orochi leaf caller is OK as it can cast myr superior, but by itself it is not that good. It is fine if myr superior sits in hand until turn 3 -5 as I can develop the board state until I find double mana dorks(hierach/dryad arbor/fetch) , or burning tree Emissary...... The hands do expload commonly with openings of turn one experiment one/ wild nacatyl then turn 2 burning tree emissary into boar/myr/lupine/nactyl n vexing devil. Other solid openings is turn 1 vial ( 39.95% chance to have one in a hand of 7) or turn 1 or hierach into a turn two boar with haste to swing 4 damage turn 2. Vial slows my turn two presence but turn 3 is well worth the wait as I can flash in myr superior or lupine. The chance to have a hand with emissary or vial in hand is 65.36 and a 39.95 chance to have a myr in hand. Wolf is easy enough to cast and I can cast other things if I think I can't clear my hand in time to attack next turn. I will admit i have a bias for myr superion. I been trying to brew this deck for a year or two now and slowly accuired the cards to finnally make it. Something about vialing in a 5/6 flash creature makes the timmy side of me light up. I been holding off from playing modern because there really wasnt a deck that made me want to try this format besides this mur superion brew. Lupine used to be talaras battalian. As for atarkas command, I really really want to find room for it as it would make turn 4 insane. It would make it harder to clear the hand because vial puts in alot of work and all the one drops help. I would like to try to find room for 1-2 in the main. Maybe cutting a single myr is worth consideration.

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

I went 9 rounds and I had only three losses. One of those lost rounds was me scooping to an opponent on around turn 5 on turns because I didn't want to have it turned into a draw. I'm such a nice guy. I lost to grixis Delver, I made a few bad plays that cost me the games, like not killing Delver on turn one ( which would have bought me infinite turns as he never found another threat). So this match did not feel unwinnable. The other loss was to a friend who we played it out afterwards and I was able to beat it. My matchups were two infect decks , 1 Jund, 1 Proteus staff deck, 1 grixis control deck which was a Delver variant (I played bad round 1 and lost , I gained valuable experience from this match), a Genesis wave ramp deck , one zoo decks, and a Possibility Storm deck(friend I beat but scooped to), one uwr Nahiri deck ( would have ended in a draw but I scooped on turn 5 , he made a blatant critcal misplay that should have won him the match anyway ). Against and I did not even use my sideboard at all and I crushed in game 1 with my robots having four of them. Game two he brought in his artifact hate and showed me his hand afterward he had was sitting on an ancient Grudge but I killed them with the zoo half of my deck. Grim lavamancer's were MVP against infect. Lupine was insane too. Myr was mostly good, and in most situations ( but not all) was better then having it a goyf. The nahiri deck was one of the few Decks that did actually feel like a bad matchup overall. The deck is ok against anger of the Gods but it does have a big issue with handling engineered explosives.
    // Deck: robo-zoo (60)

// Lands
    4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Temple Garden
    4 Stomping Ground
    1 Sacred Foundry
    1 Forest
    2 Dryad Arbor

// Creatures
    4 Burning-Tree Emissary
    3 Scavenging Ooze
    4 Flinthoof Boar
    4 Myr Superion
    4 Lupine Prototype
    4 Wild Nacatl
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Experiment One
    4 Vexing Devil

// Instants
    4 Lightning Bolt

// Artifacts
    4 Ęther Vial

// Sideboard
    SB: 2 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 4 Qasali Pridemage
    SB: 3 Seal of Fire
    SB: 4 Lightning Helix
    SB: 2 Grim Lavamancer

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

I finally caved. I just picked up 4 goyfs for the deck. The changes will be -4 Vexing Devil -1 Myr superior +1 scavenging Ooze +4 Tarmogoyf. The Vexing Devil's were the easiest cards to side out. While speeding the deck up with synergies with Expierment One and Ęther Vial on one counter,its probably better as Tarmogoyf.Goyf should help make me better against agro, midrange, and control (being resistant to anger of the gods and bolt), and will probably not ever be sideboarded out (meaning it's a stronger card, which probably means it's a BETTER card despite raising the average cmc of the deck). I will cut one Myr Superion because I want a more stable manabase in a lightning bolt meta. Getting to 2 permanent mana is important for the deck, and because Dryad Arbor is being cut, it's harder to cast Myr Superion off dorks (now only 4 Noble Hierarch ) so going down to 3 means I'm less likely to have one stuck in hand for lupine synergy. They are still very good once they resolve and if they get destroyed they feed the Tarmogoyf so I still think they deserve some slots in this deck because turn 2 Burning-tree Emissary and Ęther vial turn 3 are very hard to deal with. I will replace the 4th Myr with scavenging ooze because ooze was very very very good at the SCG event. It is good against enemy goyfs, hates against graveyard decka, helps stabilize life totals against agro.
    // Deck: robo-zoo v1.5 (60)

// Lands
    4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Temple Garden
    4 Stomping Ground
    1 Sacred Foundry
    1 Forest

// Creatures
    4 Burning-Tree Emissary
    4 Tarmogoyf
    4 Scavenging Ooze
    4 Flinthoof Boar
    3 Myr Superion
    4 Lupine Prototype
    4 Wild Nacatl
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Experiment One

// Instants
    4 Lightning Bolt

// Artifacts
    4 Ęther Vial

// Sideboard

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

I decided to cut noble hierach to try ancient Stirrings. I played a small 6 man event yesterday. I beat Nahiri control and a Thopter foundry deck (piloted with by an unexpiernced pilot). I lost only to a jund player (his removal lined up flawlessly to my hand game one (we both mulliganed to 5). Game two he locked me out with a pithing needle off a misplay. my misplaying an ancient stirring getting a second Ęther vial instead of a second land thinking a second vial would help beat a removal card since I had a hand with double goyf/superion and 2 other two drops. I was not expecting pithing needle. I updated the list on the first post of the thread.

Nahiri player from the six man event here. I've got a load of experience playing UWR, and loads of it playing AGAINST zoo archetypes, and this one comes out of left field. I took it for granted as "the zoo matchup" that I just can't lose with all these bolts and helixes. Then you had a 5/6. Idk what I'm supposed to do with this bolt but it doesn't feel good enough. I didn't notice too many times where you were stuck without being able to play a Superion, or attack with a Prototype. I definitely think the deck has an advantage in that the 5/6 toughness dudes are very difficult for most decks that rely on bolt/helix to deal with. Path and Wrath are the only outs. I definitely liked it. I'd need to see more of the matchups and how they play out to get a better feel for it, and for what changes could be made to the board/maindeck to tighten it up. You should come back to the shop sometime and test it out. It's a sweet deck and I love helping to flesh out newer ideas and cool strategies.
    Plus, EDH, amirite?

Jan 2013
    Madison, WI

I've had some thoughts on Lupine Prototype in aggressive decks. Maybe this is taking things to far afield from the original design of this deck, but I've been testing it a bit in version of Kuldotha Red. For those unfamiliar, Kuldotha Red was a Standard deck during ZEN/SOM that looked to play an early Kuldotha Rebirth to go wide and then pump its team with the likes of Signal Pest and Goblin Bushwhacker. Contemporary "8 Whack" decks are the closest analogue. I've tried to build Kuldotha Red previously, and the main issue I've had is that there weren't really enough artifacts worth playing. Lupine Prototype factors in interestingly to the equation. If you incorporate Simian Spirit Guide and Burning-Tree Emissary along with Mox Opal and Springleaf Drum, I think you may be able to build an essentially mono red/colorless deck with Reckless Bushwhacker taking over for Goblin Bushwhacker as a more mana-friendly option.

Here's a really rough list:

Prototype Red
    CREATURES
    1 Bonded Construct
    4 Burning-Tree Emissary
    1 Foundry Street Denizen
    4 Goblin Guide
    3 Legion Loyalist
    3 Lupine Prototype
    4 Memnite
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Reckless Bushwhacker
    4 Signal Pest
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Vault Skirge
    SPELLS
    2 Galvanic Blast
    4 Kuldotha Rebirth
    3 Mox Opal
    3 Springleaf Drum
    LAND
    4 Darksteel Citadel
    7 Mountain

The deck goes hellbent really quickly, so being able to attack with Lupine Prototype isn't much of an issue. If you happen to be stuck with cards in hand, you can sac a Prototype to Kuldotha Rebirth.

Another interesting interaction I contemplated while thinking about Burning-Tree Emissary and Lupine Prototype was with Atarka's Command. Bushwhacker Zoo lists have been known to make good use of Atarka's Command, typically in the way that Burn decks to, by dealing 3 damage and pumping your team or preventing life gain. A Prototype deck could make the same use, but could also potentially utilize the mode of putting a land from your hand into play to achieve hellbent and enable a Prototype attack. Perhaps there is room for some number of Commands in the list above; the green splash seems near free, between Copperline Gorge a few Stomping Ground or possibly even Karplusan Forest if you don't want to run fetchlands, seeing that the actual land count is already so low (11).
    Last edited by CaptainTwiddle; 08-22-2016 at 06:38 PM. Reason: removed irrelevant comments from prior to decklist update

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

I have been tweaking my list. I like the one dryad arbor as it allows any fecthland + noble hierach to allow Myr superion to be castable. I added tarfire (1) and seal of fire (2x) to the main to grow tarmogoyf. I added domri to the main to grow goyf, give me a more powerful removal spell for creatures outside of bolt range. It also makes me less fearful of board wipes as about half my deck is made of creatures. Noble hierach was put back in the deck because the deck is really hungry for mana accellerants so it can start putting pressure quickly. Ancient stirrings has proven to be bonkers in the deck giving goyf +1/+1, often finding me mana when I need it, and often finding me a +5 power dude when I need pressure. It rarely misses and is very good as it will help get you closer generally to whatever you are looking for. I believe it best to use Domri Rade's +1 before using ancient stirrings to increase the chance to find something with stirrings. The logic is half the time domri will find a creature, if it's non-colorless and goes in your hand then you can look one card further with ancient stirrings. If you go the other way It will be based on luck only.
    // Deck: robo-zoo v2.0 (60)

// Lands
    4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Temple Garden
    2 Stomping Ground
    1 Sacred Foundry
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Forest
    1 Dryad Arbor

// Creatures
    4 Burning-Tree Emissary
    4 Tarmogoyf
    3 Scavenging Ooze
    4 Flinthoof Boar
    4 Myr Superion
    4 Lupine Prototype
    4 Noble Hierarch
    4 Wild Nacatl

// Instants
    1 Tarfire

// Sorceries
    4 Ancient Stirrings

// Enchantments
    2 Seal of Fire

// Artifacts
    4 Ęther Vial

// Planeswalkers
    2 Domri Rade

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 Domri Rade
    SB: 2 Seal of Fire

@xcorbearx I go to many shops. I am assuming you mean the Game Cave. Absolutely! I love edh ( I have probably over 10 commander decks with 4 ready for competive play). I been tweaking the deck and it's really sweet. I'm excited to try Domri out. the recent improvements on the deck were more inspired by the Jund player. So while Myr occasionally was stuck in hand with the last build it should be stuck way less by adding 4 dorks and one dryad arbor. You are right though i did design it so its rare to have one locked in hand. I had to put away the bolts for now. It's good removal but my shock effects should get the job done for chump blockers, anything with 3 power can be run over with big creatures or fought. The shock removal have the added effect of working better with tarmogoyf/ lupine. Also thanks for the compliments. I like that local venue. I definitely plan to make it to the shop more often. Mike was right, the store has talent. The list still has some room for adjustments .the only slots that are not adjustable 12 lands (8 on color fetch 4 non fetch) burningtree emissary, 4 aether vial , 4 wild nacatyl, and at least 3 Myr superion are non negotiable. The rest of the list has been solid additions but haven't been in the list since I started brewing this deck about 2 years ago. Before lupine was printed I was trying talara's battalion. Lupine has been such a solid upgrade that it has been more of an MVP then superion (and superion was the reason I wanted to play the deck in the first place)

@captain twiddle: My list tries to poop out big scarier monsters stupid quick, your deck is a swarm deck. Shrapnel blast seems like a decent finisher. Additionally if you splash green, ancient stirrings would probably be a powerful card for you , as it is a power house for me. You may want to consider some steel overseer, atog , archbound ravager, and or cranial plating cards as your deck is similar to the affinity shell. You list goes hell bent by having a super low curve. While my list has a low curve ,Ęther vial helps me empty my 2 drops. Also lupine is not the first creature to come into play. It's generally the third creature I bring into play when it's likely I can go hell bent the following turn.
    Last edited by lost_ronin_soul; 08-22-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

My brew buddy kept naggin me to play an additional land. I cut the dryad ardor and replaced it with horizon canopy. So now I have to 15 green sources I can potentially use on turn one. Horizon canopy also can cantrip. The life loss is also not very significant because I generally lose 2-3 life per land anyways between turns 2-3. It does get slightly harder to cast Myr superion, but I still can cast it off double noble Hierarch as a plan C. And it is rare go get stuck in the hand anyways between aether vial, burning tree emisary, and ancient stirrings that can accidentally find a vial for turn 2 to cast.

Jan 2013
    Madison, WI

I just wanted to hop back in here to say that I tested a bit more with my "Prototype Red" list above and after several iterations, it just became a red/artifact version of "8 Whack" with full sets of Goblin and Reckless Bushwhacker. The deck is super fun and more aggressive than anything I've seen in a while (I've swung for 16 on turn 2 and won a game on turn 5 without ever playing a land). Anyway, the point being, this isn't the thread for that decklist any longer. So, carry on, I'll take my goblins and robots elsewhere.

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

Oath of Nissa is replacing noble hierach. It will slow the deck down but will feed goyf and give some power to my draws/ top decks.

P.s. Sorry twiddle if this thread wasn't what you were looking for :-/. But I agree big robots are fun. And right now fairly affordable due to the deck restrictions the place. Your list looks like it could use a chromatic star. It helps get yollcolor out of dark steel forge and sacrificing it to kuldotha rebirth is sweet. And if you top deck it , it will at least can trip.

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

So I went 3-3 yeaterday with the last update. The list i ran is below except -4 Lightning Bolt -2 Skarrg Guildmage +3 Tarfire ,+2 Domri Rade, and +1 Flinthoof Boar .I lost to bant super friends, mill , and white black eldrazi. I beat slivers, UR pyromancer/Delver, and dredge. I tested domri, it wasn't bad. I think I am going to cut it though, since it makes my deck less aggressive. This deck wants/needs to be aggressive. I did get goyf to be 8/9 against mill. But I don't think tarfire is necessary. I think a playset of lightnong bolt would help me more against matchups that are more close. I thinj it will help better against infect (mutegrnic growth/pendle haven),Eldrazi displacer, zoo (kird ape, wild nacatyl, loan lion). Additionally I realised my deck has trouble against token stall tactics and the deck needs trample. I was going to use primal rage or rancor in the side board. Primal rage gives all my 5/5's trample for an alpha strike but doesn't buff. Rancor adds additional damage but only to one creature and opens me up to two for one removal blow outs. Then I discovered Skarrg guildmage. That card looks so sexy. I can put two in the main deck and not worry about two for one's with spot removal. It also will probably be good in most matchups anyway Top decking it late can mean 6 power (4 lands) and it can give my field trample. It's also sweet being a creature because 1. It can be found of Oath of Nissa, 2. it cost two mana so it can be emptied out of the hand quickly for lupine synergy with burning tree emissary/Aether vial. 3 Aether vial makes allows uncounterable combat tricks. Combat tricks include : 1. Instant speed tram trample, 2. Instant speed blocker of a 2/2 with up to an additinal 4/4, 3. Burning tree emissary in hand can ruin people's combat math. Oath of Nissa has been also insane cantripping for land or finding dudes. I also tweaked the mana base. I have all lands produce green to increase the chance of having a keepable hand by about 2%. Wild nacatyl is slightly worse having only one plains in the deck. The list is engineered now to play around ghost quarter by not needing white. It only powers up nacatyl in the main and if ghost quarter is in their deck I don't mind since I really only am looking for green with my splash of red. I don't need lightning helix against any ghost quarter deck. And 2/2 wild nacatyl isn't terrible if it cost my opponent a land drop (which my deck is aggressive enough to capitalize on).

So after the event my list was sculpted to be more aggressive. This is the new iteration.

// Deck: robo-zoo v2.1 (60)

// Lands
    1 Forest
    1 Misty Rainforest
    3 Stomping Ground
    1 Temple Garden
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Wooded Foothills

// Creatures
    4 Wild Nacatl
    2 Skarrg Guildmage
    4 Lupine Prototype
    4 Myr Superion
    3 Flinthoof Boar
    4 Scavenging Ooze
    4 Tarmogoyf
    4 Burning-Tree Emissary

// Spells
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Ancient Stirrings
    4 Oath of Nissa
    4 Ęther Vial

// Sideboard

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

I am super excited for the new planeswalker Shaheeli Rai
    It is the planeswalker the deck needs. It makes Tarmogoyf bigger. It gives the deck some cool things with its negative ability. It can clone dryad arbor or noble hierach to make casting Myr superion way easier. It even allows you to clone a Myr Superion or Lupine Prototype for massive Damage. Its ultimate is kind of meh... As it can only fetch 10 power and a vial. I am excited to test this card out.

Have you tried Lotus Cobra? It has low power and toughness for a Zoo deck, but it's one of the very few (reasonably aggressive) cards that can get Myr Superion into play without jumping through serious hoops --- all it takes is one fetch land, and you run a lot of them. For example, you can go:

T1: land, Hierarch
    T2: Lotus Cobra, fetch land, sac the fetch land, Myr Superion

It's a worse enabler than Burning-Tree Emissary, but you could try Cobra (as a 1-of or 2-of) if you haven't already... especially if you end up running blue spells (that is, Saheeli Rai) as well.

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

Lotus cobra is an interesting suggestion. If I play Saheeli Rai, I will probably lose the white. Making it RUG colors. To counteract life loss I will probably need to play life's legacy. Then lotus cobra is really good as it can make decent amounts of mana. If I really want to cheat Superion in there are several other creatures that can get the job done

Life loss? Has that been a problem in general, or just against aggressive decks? I ask because you should be the aggressor most of the time, and Scavenging Ooze already gains you life. I'm not sure how Life's Legacy is supposed to gain you life, but in any case, my first thought would be to get more Lightning Helix and/or Kitchen Finks into the main if it's a big problem. Those cards are decently active in an aggressive role. (Mycoid Shepherd is probably a miss, but since you mentioned life gain...)

After seeing Mycoid Shepherd I looked up the cares-about-power Naya creatures. The best one is Spearbreaker Behemoth. I don't know how much you care about making your big creatures uncounterable. Probably not at all because you have Aether Vial.

How has it been to run only four 1-drop creatures? You play 1-mana cantrips, but you cannot play a cantrip off an Aether Vial, so it feels like you are missing a chance to have Aether Vial give you free mana on the turn after you play it. What's the best 1-drop after Wild Nacatl? I'm thinking of Noble Hierach or Experiment One (both of which I know you already tried --- were they good?), Loam Lion, Steppe Lynx, Goblin Guide...

Are those cantrips good in your deck? I think that if you are aggressive and you care about getting your hand empty (for Lupine Prototype), it might be better to play active 1-drop creatures that can be played off a Vial instead of cantrips. But I haven't tested the deck.

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsOfParadise View Post
    Life loss? Has that been a problem in general, or just against aggressive decks? I ask because you should be the aggressor most of the time, and Scavenging Ooze already gains you life. I'm not sure how Life's Legacy is supposed to gain you life, but in any case, my first thought would be to get more Lightning Helix and/or Kitchen Finks into the main if it's a big problem. Those cards are decently active in an aggressive role. (Mycoid Shepherd is probably a miss, but since you mentioned life gain...)

After seeing Mycoid Shepherd I looked up the cares-about-power Naya creatures. The best one is Spearbreaker Behemoth. I don't know how much you care about making your big creatures uncounterable. Probably not at all because you have Aether Vial.

How has it been to run only four 1-drop creatures? You play 1-mana cantrips, but you cannot play a cantrip off an Aether Vial, so it feels like you are missing a chance to have Aether Vial give you free mana on the turn after you play it. What's the best 1-drop after Wild Nacatl? I'm thinking of Noble Hierach or Experiment One (both of which I know you already tried --- were they good?), Loam Lion, Steppe Lynx, Goblin Guide...

Are those cantrips good in your deck? I think that if you are aggressive and you care about getting your hand empty (for Lupine Prototype), it might be better to play active 1-drop creatures that can be played off a Vial instead of cantrips. But I haven't tested the deck.
    I agree I am suppose to be the aggressor, but I did lose to zoo twice this weekend and I beat it pretty hard, previously before some changes (2-3weeks ago?). I lost to the direct damage spells of double boros charm. Maybe it's variance, maybe it's deck construction, I don't want to rule out anything. I lost between turn 4-6 in 2 matches. I may have been on the draw, I don't remember.I do know I didn't see any lightning helix. Mycoid Shepard cost way to much, and doesn't help since the games I lost were games I had big creature walls but died to the burn spells. Spearbreaker Behemoth is also way outside my cmc range. Kitchen Fink's is at least castable but it's still not in the cmc range I want of 2 or less. Noble hierach is a card I have a love/hate relationship with. So it's in and out. It's a bad top deck when I develop my field. It does meet Myr Superion casting cost halfway. The exalted buff is sometimes useful. The rest of the creature suggestions are just not in the power/toughness class I want my creatures to be in.

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

I'm toying with a life's legacy list
    Not sure it it's opening me up for diaster or making me more consistent. Sacrificing a lupine prototype is sweet as it gives it some utility if it cannot attack. Also by putting it in the yard it can make any goyfs I find big fast. Sacrifice a noble can turn on lupine if I need to attack with the team for lethal. Outside of life's legacy, the deck runs business as usual:big creatures fast.
    // Deck: robo-zoo v2.2 (60)

// Lands
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Forest
    1 Misty Rainforest
    2 Temple Garden
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Wooded Foothills
    3 Stomping Ground

// Creatures
    4 Noble Hierarch