Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Affinity Aggro 2021

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Affinity Aggro 2021

On a whim I picked up some Thought Monitors and Sojourner's Companions, thinking a legitimate 8x Thoughtcast + free dudes setup might be good enough in Legacy. This is a budget list for now, just something to mess around with. Obvious upgrades come in the form of Urzas Saga, Arcbound Ravager, possibly Nettlecyst, maybe Chalice, and a 4th Mox Opal. I'm testing the tapped artifact lands because they 'add' mana even while entering tapped. The critical mass of blue mana is needed to feed the 8 card draw engines. I've had insane turns where chaining 2 thoughtcast/monitors just feeds more free 4/4's and 2/2's. Like 20+ power on the board turn 3. I genuinely think there is a way to make this a legit aggro deck.

First draft:

4x Ornithopter
    1x memnite
    4x frogmite
    4x myr enforcer
    4x sojourner's companion
    4x thought monitor
    4x master of ethereum

4x cranial plating
    4x springleaf drum
    3x Mox Opal
    4x Mishra's bauble
    1x welding jar
    4x thoughtcast

4x seat of the synod
    4x razortide bridge
    4x mistvault bridge
    1x darksteel citadel
    2x blinkmoth nexus

Rough draft sideboard:
    4x Tormod's Crypt
    4x Force of Will
    2x Force of Negation
    2x Steel Sabotage
    2x Ethersworn Canonist
    1x Engineered Explosives

Second Draft, testing inclusion of Salvage Titan and non-Force sideboard.

4x Ornithopter
    1x Memnite
    4x Frogmite
    4x Myr Enforcer
    4x Sojourner's Companion
    4x Thought Monitor
    3x Salvage Titan
    2x Master of Etherium

4x Springleaf Drum
    4x Cranial Plating
    4x Thoughtcast
    3x Mox Opal
    4x Lotus Petal

4x Seat of the Synod
    4x Mistvault Bridge
    4x Razortide Bridge
    1x Darksteel Citadel
    2x Blinkmoth Nexus

Sideboard
    4x Thoughtseize
    3x Steel Sabotage
    2x Ethersworn Canonist
    4x Tormod's Crypt
    2x Stubborn Denial
    Last edited by Mr. Safety; 07-12-2021 at 11:43 AM.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Re: Affinity Aggro 2021

Have you tried cutting Springleaf for Chalice and adding Ancient Tomb?

If you go white you can add Ethersworn Canonist and/or Esper Sentinel (if you don't add Chalice).

Assuming you want to keep this on a budget (isn't opal still worth quite a bit more than a bunch of obvious cards you're not playing) play 4 citadel and fewer (0?) tapped lands

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

First off, thanks for the feedback guys.

Ancient Tomb + Chalice is definitely a way to go, there is literally only 1 card that costs 1 mana (Drum) in the maindeck. I would have to work towards that with purchases, I'm a paper-only player. I'm not sure if playing the Enforcer/Frogmite plan is the correct way to build it with Chalice.

Regarding Mox Opal...I just had them, so as far as being on a budget, it was a non-issue. Even with 4x Opal in the deck it's absurdly cheap to build by legacy standards. I've spent less than $50 so far. Another $50 or so for the 4th Opal is an easy decision. A harder decision is shelling out for Tombs/Chalices, which is quite a bit more than $50 (about $140 for the Chalices and $150 for 3 more Tombs, I have 1.)

In testing the tapped artifact lands haven't really been a problem. The main point is that they are artifacts so they enable Opal turn 1 and they make everything cost less. They still 'add' 1 mana even while entering tapped. The other crucial point is that they add blue mana, which is absolutely critical. What I want in the deck is useful, free artifacts that make Frogmite/Enforcer/Companion free. That's why I have a 'bad' card like Mishra's Bauble in there, just to turn on Opal and it adds mana for the affinity dudes.

Ethersworn Canonist and Esper Sentinel are both on my list of potential cards, especially Sentinel. This deck wants to draw cards, so anything that does that for low mana cost is going to be good. The obvious place to cut is Mishra's Bauble, but again, I need a critical mass of free artifacts to enable the free dudes. I already have 2x Ethersworn Canonist, it was in the first draft, but it didn't really work towards the blitz goal. It is a strong sideboard card for sure, but I'm not sure how good it would be maindeck.

The deck is incredibly strong at stabilizing by turn 3, even on slow starts. I'm not worried about the fair matchups too much, this can play around Daze turn 2+ so easily. Terminus isn't played very much anymore, but it's still there. The biggest worry is Null Rod, so there needs to be a plan for that. With 12 maindeck blue cards already I think it could reasonably sideboard Force of Will/Negation to answer Null Rods.

Other ideas that I'm thinking about, that are probably bad but fall into the 'cool stuff' category:

Paradise Mantle + Steelfin Whale = play stuff, untap Whale for every artifact, make tons of mana, Walking Balista for combo finish. Mantle is another free artifact that generates 2 mana for affinity spells.

Somber Hoverguard = play Delver-style threats to pressure in the air

Ethersworn Sphinx = play UW for a 4/4 flyer, cascade into more threats. The zero cost artifacts are pretty lousy to cascade into, but just getting a 4/4 flyer for 2 mana that feeds the engine is probably good enough. Qumulox is already a card, and likely easier to cast than Sphinx, but if I'm playing a non-artifact creature I want it to cost 1 mana at most, and Hoverguard is better in this regard.

Essentially what I want the deck to do is play free threats and re-load into more free threats with 8 Thoughtcast effects. It does that very well so far, sometimes entering the degenerate zone. I'm testing this in legacy with Seat of the Synod/Mox Opal but I could easily port this over to Modern, or even Pauper, if I wanted to.

EDIT: I'm holding out on Urza's Saga for a little bit, in case it's banned from Modern. If it's banned I should be able to pick them up much cheaper than currently. It's a calculated risk.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Here's a cool list that did well in a league recently:

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=31233&d=442514&f=LE

This is doing essentially the same thing I want to do: play free artifacts and draw a bunch of cards. I had an idea that Glimpse was possibly good, but it was just a passing thought. I totally missed the improvise mechanic, that might be a direction I take now. I also really like the idea of Salvage Titan, which means my lands again pull double duty by not having to tap for mana, just sacrifice them to Titan's free cost.

EDIT: Looks like Barricade Breaker and Foundry Assembler are the best options. I'm going to toy around with Salvage Titan first.
    Brainstorm Realist

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

One with the Machine is basically a draw 7 for 3U. Sometimes it might be a draw 4 with Frogmite. It’s comparable to Paradoxical Outcomes tho it could be better when you are playing this many 7 drops each with affinity.

Erayo, Soratami Ascendant is a build I haven’t seen in a while. Erayo turns on Mox Amber is relatively new. It seems ideal for a Glimpse build tho rather than a monoblue beatdown plan. Interestingly, Erayo flips when the fourth spell of a turn is played, so if the opponent plays two spells, one could respond with 2 spells to flip her.

Hope of Ghirapur seems ideal for a Glimpse of Nature build.

Hullbreacher is a nice way to turn off cantrips, particularly in response to Brainstorm. Combos with symmetrical card draw like Echo of Eons. More importantly.. it makes artifacts which helps to cast all those 7 drops for cheap.

Salvage Titan is sweet. I was playing around with it recently. Life’s Legacy, and Morbid Curiosity. Life’s Legacy in particular seems quite good with Cranial Plating, Greater Good and plating can do something similar.

Other cards to take advantage of the high cmc were Burnt Offering, but one would want to run stuff like Burning Wish.

Energy Tap is monoblue, tho it’s hard to find somewhere to go with all that mana without something like Karn, the Great Creator.

Snap can bounce Thought Monitor, or just temporary removal. Perhaps better for saving your own creatures. Comparable to Steel Sabotage.

Birthing Pod is another direction, find Grizz.. lots of 7 drops lead right to him, and Birthing Pod is both splashable and an artifact. The deck structure would look different but unlike Neoform and Eldritch Evolution, one doesn’t risk the creature as an additional cost.

Hex Parasite can remove counters from Aether Vial. Wish there was something else to do with it tho.

Spellskite can save your dudes from spot removal, particularly Bolt. More fun than practical is Shaper’s Sanctuary to draw via Spellskite upon the opponent’s removal spell.

Wishclaw Talsiman is an artifact, not sure what I would grab with it tho.

The Great Henge is a potential engine. Steelfin Whale plays well with this one, as does Paradise Mantle and Metalworker. Cranial Plating feels like the only reliable way to ensure that you can get the Great Henge into play. Corridor Monitor only untaps something when it enters, but it can untap Metalworker. Seems like it might be useful in a Paradoxical Outcomes build.

Displacement Wave seemed alright perhaps as board material? For UU you can wipe tokens, and for more you can reset the board, and bounce all your 0 cmc mana sources, unlike Echoing Truth and Engineered Explosives. X at 3ish pretty much secures the combat step, whilst bouncing Aether Vial to ensure nothing else gets in the way.

I mostly wanted to suggest ways of taking advantage of twelve 7 drops. Previously, four 7 drops wasn’t nearly enough to take advantage of the high cmc.

The affinity is another potential mechanic to exploit, by going slow instead of fast. Drop all the gas early, play lots of Sphere of Resistance effects, play the creatures at a fair cost instead.. effectively boosting the cost of a 7 drop by 1 cancels out since Sphere is an artifact. Perhaps more effective as a transformable sideboard.

The monowhite builds seem best equipped to start locking up the board early where laying down Enforcer/Monitor should be enough to get there. Likely it will play better tho as monowhite Bomberman with Auriok Salvagers and Lion’s Eye Diamond.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Hex Parasite works with Urza's Saga, too.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Goaswerfraiejen View Post
    Hex Parasite works with Urza's Saga, too.
    That’s an excellent idea. Urza’s Saga can find Hex Parasite means it could be played as a 1’of.

It also works with Mystic Remora.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I definitely think Salvage Titan is worth slots, it is resilient to all but StP for maindeck removal. I watched some of the Glimpse deck league and I don't like how all-in the game plan works. Cards like Shield Sphere are really bad unless you specifically have Glimpse whereas Ornithopter carries a Cranial Plating very well.

My whole plan is to create a superior board quickly with a lot of draw power. The best part is that I don't have to be all-in, I can play 2-3 threats and then just reload with a Monitor or Thoughtcast, giving a lot of resiliency. The artifact lands being indestructible is also resiliency because they don't fall to Wasteland or Abrade effects.

Erayo is definitely an option, but every non-artifact card dilutes the synergy. Ways to draw a ton of cards are good, but honestly just having 8 thoughtcasts is bonkers.

One thing I've learned so far is that I don't need 4 copies of Master of Ethereum; three mana is still a lot. Casting and equipping Plating is definitely a priority, especially to a flyer with Ornithopter or Monitor. I find I use all of my mana every turn. Operating so low to the ground also allows for the etb tapped lands to work. Currently my big turns are 2-3, which is fine for g1 in most matchups.

To get in the 3 Salvage Titans i will cut the Welding Jar and 2 Masters. My big worry is that it dilutes the sideboard Force plan, which I think is pretty important to fight combo matchups. I could always board in the other 2 Masters or just find 2 other blue utility cards to get the blue count high enough (20 blue cards post-board.)

These are sideboard cards I'm looking to try out:

Swords to Plowshares
    Sudden Edict
    Echoing Truth
    Flusterstorm
    Steel Sabotage
    Blue Elemental Blast
    Chain of Vapor
    Ethersworn Canonist
    Disenchant

I feel like the biggest worries are Null Rod and Supreme Verdict. Affinity as a mechanic is actually pretty resilient because I can still play Frogmite, Sojourner, and Enforcer. Having Force of Will seems like the best option for fighting it, along with Steel Sabotage. Sabotage post board also lets me bounce and replay Monitor, which is additional card advantage in the grindier matchups. Supreme Verdict is another conundrum altogether. The velocity is really good, especially with Baubles, but I think some sort of answer is needed. Paradoxical Outcome may be the sideboard tech there. I'm thinking I might need to replace the Citadel/Blinkmoths with basic Islands just to fight through Null Rod/Stony Silence. Or I could just board in Forces and not attempt to truly fight those specific cards, just concede the matchup and focus on improving closer matchups to be more favorable.

Generally, I don't think the format is well positioned to handle a fast artifact aggro deck. The tools are there to fight the hate, too.
    Brainstorm Realist

Just saw modern version with [CARD]Neoform[/CARD] into [CARD]Craterhoof Behemoth[/CARD]. It could be interesting option for combo finish even o T2 with more memnites

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

That's a pretty cool combo, easily accomplished with dropping the 4 Masters and the Welding jar from the original list. It means I have to cut the Salvage Titan plan, or at least put it in the sideboard. I'm not sure about it, but I'm thinking it could be pretty good. I'll test it out, and I could still play forces because Neoform trades blue slots directly with Masters.

Cool find. I like it better than the all-in Glimpse plan but I think it makes the deck weaker to Daze.
    Brainstorm Realist

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

New lists, with some cards changed to include Salvage Titan. I don't know where Nettlecyst fits into this, simply because it doesn't have evasion and it costs 3 mana. It could be additional Cranial Platings, which seems fine, but functionally it's just another dumb beater that probably costs too much mana. In matchups where I will need to close games fast it could be good, but Salvage Titan already does that. I am fine with only 2 masters in the deck, they were hard to cast by turn 3 anyways. What I need is 3 more anti-combo cards in the board. Without the Force plan I need something to fight those matchups beyond Thoughtseize and Canonist. I don't know if there is merit to splashing into a 4th color like Red or Green. Pyroblast, Abrade, Wear//Tear, and Fling are all red cards that could be ok. Green would provide the Glimpse of Nature plan or Neoform combo. I don't like the glass-cannon feel of those options, I'd rather just be an aggro deck with a great draw engine that can fight through hate. I really need to get the 4th Mox Opal, especially now that having multiples is ok with Salvage Titan eating them up.

4x Ornithopter
    1x Memnite
    4x Frogmite
    4x Myr Enforcer
    4x Sojourner's Companion
    4x Thought Monitor
    3x Salvage Titan
    2x Master of Etherium

4x Springleaf Drum
    4x Cranial Plating
    4x Thoughtcast
    3x Mox Opal
    4x Lotus Petal

4x Seat of the Synod
    4x Mistvault Bridge
    4x Razortide Bridge
    1x Darksteel Citadel
    2x Blinkmoth Nexus

Sideboard
    4x Thoughtseize
    3x Steel Sabotage
    2x Ethersworn Canonist
    4x Tormod's Crypt
    2x Stubborn Denial

I would love some feedback on what to do out of the sideboard generally. I'm off the Force plan. I think having some sort of tempo play like Thoughtseize, Stubborn Denial, and Steel Sabotage should slow down combo opponents enough to get there, so the next question is how to approach anti-sideboard hate (Null Rod/Stony Silence.)
    Brainstorm Realist

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Copy Artifact could be a nice add to the mainboard, perhaps just 1-3 copies. It makes Master Etherium if you have one already for 1U, or a Thought Monitor. 1U for a 2/2 flying, draw 2, is still quite good. 2-3 mana sources, float mana, Salvage Titan, use the floating mana to 1U another Salvage Titan. My only problem with the card is its good only when you have something.

More interestingly to me, I never noticed til I thought of suggesting it here that it can copy Lion's Eye Diamond. Also, Grim Monolith, Wishclaw Talsiman. Wishclaw, LED, pass, Copy Artifact on LED, 2 LED's gets to 6 for activate Wishclaw into Naus. It can also copy Sphere of Resistance or Tanglewire. I'm thinking of experimenting with it in a blue stax build, in a Naus list, and in some kind of Paradoxical Outcomes list.

Natural State hits the most problematic cards tho it might be better if you alter the mana base a bit. Casting Salvage Titan ideally with artifacts you don't need means you never need to hit BB, similarly with Plating, equip for 1 seems good enough. Nature's Claim is more useful generally but the life gain could matter. Perhaps it doesn't tho with the amount of power you can get on the field in a single turn.

If you want to stay in black, switching to 7-8 discard would work. The deck structure wants as many artifacts as possible so where is your starting mana source anyway if you encounter either of Null Rod or Stony Silence? Seems like the only other option to avoid needing starting mana altogether would be Force of Vigor but then you would have to increase the green count in the maindeck and sideboard to get there. GSZ into Collector Ouphe would still be a problem tho without spot removal. Karn seems like less of a problem since you can just swing into it.

Glimpse of Nature doesn't need to be played as a game winning combo engine. It could be played as a Thoughtcast with a lower floor and a higher ceiling instead. It would increase the count for maindeck green cards for Force of Vigor. Seems like an awful topdeck tho.

Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy is green, its also a legend which means it turns on Mox Amber. It combos with Basalt Monolith for infinite colorless mana. More interesting tho is each non-land permanent adds more mana. Mox Opal, Lotus Petal, Lion's Eye Diamond, Spring Leaf Drum, Mox Amber... so quite a bit. It has a sink as well tho you need colored mana.

The Great Henge is green as well, but Cranial Plating seems like the only reliable way to ensure you get to cast it for GG. If you have plating at 7, I would think you have the win on board already.

Neoform is also in green.. but the additional cost is heavy against permission. Neoform to something at 5 also works with Frogmite.

Staying in blue actually seems to be the easiest way to keep playing the maindeck the way you have it arranged.

EDIT:
    Transmute Artifact, "If that card's mana value is less than or equal to the sacrificed artifact's mana value, put it onto the battlefield."

Not exactly sure what to search for but it can find an artifact at as high as 7 cmc, or if you have the mana, you could pay to go higher.
    Not as exciting but it can bin Salvage Titan when you don't have a high cmc artifact, and then exile 3 artifact to return Titan to hand.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Did a few test games with Salvage Titan, and I won't be including more than 2 copies. In one game it was an aggressive threat but it left me without stuff to feed affinity, which is a big no-no. Timing and sequencing are critical to get the most value out of the cards and I can't be locked into relying on a single aggressive threat t1, I don't have Daze/Force to protect it. It is however very good at creating a lethal board state, easily paid for after my hand is spent playing out affinity cards. I usually sac some mix of lands and Drums to get it online. I also realized how much I was banking on Cranial Plating for fast wins, so I am going to be getting Nettlecyst x2 in there somehow. I don't like that it's 3 mana but the effect is so important that I think I have to bite the bullet and squeeze 2 in.

I'm still waffling on Mishra's Bauble vs Lotus Petal. Petal gives me colored mana for sideboard cards and things like Thoughtcast and Thought Monitor, but by losing the artifact on board it is actually just parity for mana in most cases. Bauble however 'adds' 1 mana and can then be sacrificed for a redraw once I have a stuffed board. I'm leaning towards Bauble for now.

I'm back on 4x Master of Etherium because I was playing against a couple combo decks and I just don't see getting through some matchups without Force of Will. I did really like what Thoughtseize did for the deck, so I may continue to put some number of those into the sideboard, especially for the mid-range blue decks, I need to be able to create a window to win the game. I also need more cards that create lethal board states, to force unfavorable plays from opponents. Master is one of the best ways to do that, making a big threat and pumping the whole team.

New sideboard plan:

4x Force of Will
    2x Force of Negation
    2x Steel Sabotage
    3x Tormod's Crypt
    2x Ethersworn Canonist
    2x Nettlecyst

I'm also looking at Metallic Rebuke and Ethersworn Sphinx. I think overall Force of Negation is much better than Rebuke, but it's another tool I could use. Ethersworn Sphinx is hefty at 9 mana but I expect to never pay more than UW for it. The cascade is a nice bonus but not essential, the appeal is a 4/4 flyer for 2 mana. I think it's more on a modern-format power level, but maybe not. If it becomes good enough I could see putting some number of Ancient Den back in and Canonist maindeck.

I don't know if I should be playing removal, I haven't tested enough matchups yet. I have the best ones available with Swords to Plowshares, Fatal Push, and Sudden Edict. I just don't know if that is how I want to approach building this.

I'm also looking ahead to see how I would change the deck provided I build around Urza's Saga. I think -4 Mistvault Bridge, -2 Blinkmoth Nexus, -1 Razortide Bridge, +4 Urza's Saga, +3 Darksteel Citadel. That puts me in a spot where I only have 3 tapped artifact lands. I think with that setup I would also need to get the 4th Opal, it would be just too important to enable the constructs from Saga. Some amount of toolboxing would also have to happen, probably including Shadowspear and Pithing Needle. There will always be targets given the deck construction, and it isn't really a focus. The best part of Saga is the constructs.

A crazy thought I had was to try and include Black Vise. It would be a perfectly serviceable t1 play, and if it chips in for 2-3 damage over a couple of turns that should be enough. I like that it feeds affinity and is something I can sacrifice in the midgame to Salvage Titan once it's dead. It's probably too deep into magical christmasland though, because it will be an awful topdeck and only good t1.
    Brainstorm Realist

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Made some small adjustments; Salvage titan is out, sacrificing artifacts early for a 6/4 isn't supporting the plan enough. I tried Nettlecyst for a few games, it has the same problem as Master of Ethereum: it costs 1 mana too much. I have cut down to 2 Masters and added 2x Ethersworn Sphinx, which literally casts every other spell in the deck but the other Sphinx. A 4/4 flyer for 2 mana isn't anything to sneeze at, either. I have found that flyers are pretty important in some matchups. I still love the concept of this deck, I would love to test it against more opponents.
    Brainstorm Realist

I've been messing around with similar lists involving the affinity cards and some combination of Sai, Emry, Vantress Gargoyle, and mill rocks over the zero mana creatures. Frogmite, and the artifact lord. In my experience, those small creatures are only useful for increasing affinity so we're better off running something else that is more useful.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    I've been messing around with similar lists involving the affinity cards and some combination of Sai, Emry, Vantress Gargoyle, and mill rocks over the zero mana creatures. Frogmite, and the artifact lord. In my experience, those small creatures are only useful for increasing affinity so we're better off running something else that is more useful.
    Vantress Gargoyle is an interesting idea, but probably too inconsistent as an aggressive threat. What are the mill rocks doing for you? I could see Lantern of Insight being a spicy addition.

I'm going to probably sub out the Drums for Lotus Petals. It helps with affinity and metal craft but doesn't require a 0 cost dude or frogmite to turn it on. It would also help play sideboard cards like Canonist and Sudden Edict.
    Brainstorm Realist

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

One can turn on both Vantress Gargoyle and Lupine Prototype with Dress Down. Surprise swing 10 and cantrip.

Bomat Courier hasn’t been mentioned yet. I think the 4/4s plan is faster than it is. Ideally it draws like 3 cards on turn 3? Bad topdeck, vulnerable to removal.. and the card advantage happens over some turns. It is low to the ground with haste. Perhaps better in a red build with Ragavan for the treasure.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Yes, the Frogmites, Enforcers, Companions, and Masters hold the ground admirably. I have found the deck to have a bunch of velocity already with Thoughtcast/Monitor/Bauble so I don't need more card draw from a weak Bomat Courier. Dress Down is a complete waste ir card slots, it's not an artifact and only works with Gargoyle. Gargoyle is very suspect as well, because I will rarely have 4 cards in hand to block and opponents won't neccesarily have threshold. It's just too slow, too many hoops to jump through.

My new list cuts down to 2 springleaf drum and shaves a few slots for Lotus Petal. Petal will help cast sideboard cards, feed affinity synergies, and then add the crucial 3rd mana for Master of ethereum. Overall its going to speed the deck up while still allowing for the indestructible artifact lands to work. I'll post a new list soon, might even play it at a legacy event in September.
    Brainstorm Realist

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

New list, I think I've settled about 58/60 main deck for now and 13/15 in the side. It is very consistent, has a lot of inevitability built in with explosive turns 2-4.

4x Ornithopter
    1x Memnite
    4x Frogmite
    4x Myr Enforcer
    4x Sojourner's Companion
    4x Thought Monitor
    3x Master of Etherium
    3x Ethersworn Sphinx
    4x Lotus Petal
    3x Mox Opal
    4x Mishra's Bauble
    4x Thoughtcast
    4x Cranial Plating

4x Seat of the Synod
    4x Mistveil Bridge
    3x Razorverge Bridge
    2x Blinkmoth Nexus
    1x Karakas

Sideboard
    2x Ethersworn Canonist
    3x Tormod's Crypt
    4x Force of Will
    2x Force of Negation
    1x Mindbreak Trap
    3x Swords to Plowshares

If I can get them, I will be swapping in 4x Urza's Saga for Blinkmoth and Razerverge bridges. I will probably up the land count to 15 as well, probably cutting the Memnite.
    Brainstorm Realist

Thread Information