Thread: *NEW* TUSK TALK | Episode 10: Initial Conspiricy Set Review and Pure Eternal Insanity

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

*NEW* TUSK TALK | Episode 10:Initial Conspiricy2 Set Review and Pure Eternal Insanity

Welcome to another episode of TuskTalk with Sean’O Brien (Nedleeds), Brian Plattenberg (Alphastryke), Zack Wilson (Deeeeeeeeeeeeed) and Evan Nyquist (HymnYou). We reviewed the set when 50+ cards were spoiled. We may do a part 2 but doubtful since most of the new cards that weren’t spoiled yet suck except new Grenzo (most goblins announced were sadly crappy low play value commons) and maybe a couple others. After we casted, Show and Tell and Berserk were announced to be reprinted in this set.

LINK:

http://mtgcast.com/mtgcast-podcast-s...ernal-insanity

Cards we review:

Fake Juzam (Archdemon of Paliano)
    Kaya, Ghost Assassin
    Chalice Man
    Kuato, Ingenious Iconoclast (aka Daretti)
    Leovoid, Emissiary of Trest (wtf?)
    Recruiter of the Guard

Timecodes:
    00:00 – Intro and return from Gencon
    03:30 – Conspiracy Two: Dark Territory
    04:40 – Reprints, IoK, Burning Wish
    08:00 – Fake Juzam Flyer
    12:00 – Kaya, Assassin who does not Kill
    18:00 – Chalice Man
    28:00 – Ringleaders are sick
    33:00 – Why don’t Slivers have a Ringleader?
    34:00 – Daretti, Kuato Revealed
    46:00 – Blue Elf One-Sided SotL Personal Howling Mine
    52:00 – Eunuchs
    55:00 – Aurochs … a lost tribe
    57:00 – Down with the King, the Monarch Emblem
    62:00 – White Recruiter
    72:00 – Vote or Die
    73:00 – Understanding Ninjachant, and Deeeeeds
    88:00 – Ghost Ship
    90:00 – Creature type or not?
    We discuss various topics in our conversation.

Link to Conspiracy spoilers:
    http://mythicspoiler.com/

ENJOY!
    Tusk Up

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Re: *NEW* TUSK TALK | Episode 10: Initial Conspiricy Set Review and Pure Eternal Insa

Listened to this earlier today and enjoyed it. Thanks guys - it's good to have you posting these regularly. Keep it up!

Also, one of you sounds a lot like Jesse Eisenberg when he's delivering Mark Zuckerberg's moodier lines.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Re: *NEW* TUSK TALK | Episode 10: Initial Conspiricy Set Review and Pure Eternal Insa

These are quickly becomming my favorite podcasts around.

Those are a blast to listen to.

(high pitched) Blast, blast blast.

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

thanks a lot guys we are going to make more, writing out some non-typical episode ideas now. We're gonna have some guests upcoming. Have some shitty ideas that are kind of funny that we'll prob do soon, stay tuned + thanks for listening and enjoying
    Tusk Up

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Quote Originally Posted by hymnyou View Post
    thanks a lot guys we are going to make more, writing out some non-typical episode ideas now. We're gonna have some guests upcoming. Have some shitty ideas that are kind of funny that we'll prob do soon, stay tuned + thanks for listening and enjoying
    I hope one is a Brainstorm episode!!! I need some tips on how to play that card.

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I hope one is a Brainstorm episode!!! I need some tips on how to play that card.
    Prob have a deep analysis episode dissecting the wonders and advantages of natural selection
    Tusk Up

Quote Originally Posted by hymnyou View Post
    Prob have a deep analysis episode dissecting the wonders and advantages of natural selection
    Understanding Plow Under. Next Level Ice Storm ... all under consideration.

Great episode, as always! Really like the raw humor and stories of unconventional cards/decks beating net/scg decks, also the bitter tears that follow, mmm

btw, flickwerisping "that guy" (can't remember the name) in response to miracle trigerwould not fizzle the terminus as creature gets back eot? "flickering" it would on the other hand, unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miagi View Post
    Great episode, as always! Really like the raw humor and stories of unconventional cards/decks beating net/scg decks, also the bitter tears that follow, mmm

btw, flickwerisping "that guy" (can't remember the name) in response to miracle trigerwould not fizzle the terminus as creature gets back eot? "flickering" it would on the other hand, unless I'm missing something.
    Yeah flickering being Displacer or the actual Magic card Flicker

there are a few ways to 'flicker' now besides Flickerwisp so we'll need to more specific and careful ... it would require a bit of mana with Displacer out. Though with Vial on 3 and these dudes in your deck it's going to be a nightmare for some people. Goes back to my thoughts that DnT is just bad in games where it doesn't go Vial go.

great podcast!

Another thing. I really enjoy your streams, but since im in europe i can usually not watch them live. So i wonder if you will continue to upload content to youtube?

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Quote Originally Posted by bop2 View Post
    great podcast!

Another thing. I really enjoy your streams, but since im in europe i can usually not watch them live. So i wonder if you will continue to upload content to youtube?
    Thanks! Glad you mentioned that, we have had some discussions about giving it a update and polishing it up. We are currently only streaming our monthlies, quarterlies and misc larger events- wanted to put some effort into casting again. Thanks for bringing it back to my attention, hopefully in the next month we with have a system down for getting content up.
    Tusk Up

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Solid episode! This was great.

I might have to play me some fake Juzam, just because.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Another excellent episode.

Academy Rector in White Aluren is probably the best suggestion I've heard from anyone regarding using new Recruiter in Aluren.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Understanding Plow Under. Next Level Ice Storm ... all under consideration.
    Having played Plow Under back in the day, if someone hits me with it at a Legacy event I might just snap concede to them. That card was brutal.

Brilliant -- laughed for an hour and a half straight. No offense to the others, but this is the all-star line-up.

Can I get the name of the outro song?

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Quote Originally Posted by ph88 View Post
    Brilliant -- laughed for an hour and a half straight. No offense to the others, but this is the all-star line-up.

Can I get the name of the outro song?

Thanks for listening man, stoked you liked it.

Ninja Gaiden 2: The Dark Sword of Chaos - Intro Music (NES)

I listen to it before a lot of my battles
    Tusk Up

Really appreciate the humor and shit-card talk. Funny how "vehicle" is a thing now, right?!

Thread Information