Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: Kaladesh -or- When Kiran met Pia

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: Kaladesh -or- When Kiran met Pia

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post

whooop
    I was just thinking (and I'm probably the 27th person to mention this by now), but it can also tutor for Crucible of Worlds, after which you can reuse it every single turn. Seems pretty cool to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    I was just thinking (and I'm probably the 27th person to mention this by now), but it can also tutor for Crucible of Worlds, after which you can reuse it every single turn. Seems pretty cool to me.
    Cool for edh where you actually have 9+ mana so you can play the stuff you search for!
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Or in MUD so you can tutor Crucible, Metalworker, Staff of Dominance with a single card? I don't know if the manabase can support 1 or 2 of these, but it seems like a small cost to pay for a rather big upside. Perhaps too durdly?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

bruizar

Anyone else impressed by Harsh Scrutiny at the prerelease?

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Anyone else impressed by Harsh Scrutiny at the prerelease?
    Yes.

In addition, Aetherworks Marvel may actually be good enough to see play in more than Limited and Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Yes.

In addition, Aetherworks Marvel may actually be good enough to see play in more than Limited and Commander.
    Thing is you have to have an energy economy if you want to go off when you drop it, so the extra costs are pretty big.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Yes.

I played WBr with a RU dual to activate blue puzzleknot and won the whole thing. I played both Aetherworks Marvel and Harsh Scrutiny. No bombs besides black gearbulk and bomat bazaar barge. Midnight Oil was insane in the prerelease, but I felt that Harsh Scrutiny was one of the silent winners of the deck

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Not sure if anyone addressed this when Depala was spoiled, but WOTC has been listening to RW Commander players:

Quote Originally Posted by Maro
    One of the complaints I've been getting lately is that too many red-white commanders play into the same deck archetype—aggro beatdown. Depala is a completely different deck for the Commander Boros players out there.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    Not sure if anyone addressed this when Depala was spoiled, but WOTC has been listening to RW Commander players:
    That is indeed nice. Hopefully they listen on other things too. Once the Vehicles cycle out of Standard (and become worthless) maybe I'll make a Depala deck. Don't forget we have a Commander set coming in 2 months too.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information