Quote Originally Posted by pipet76 View Post
Thanks a lot for your reply!

You’re probably right regarding the 3 TNN. I could fit a Clique over there.

The thing about Jace is that I think that he’s only good against control (Miracles and Shardless) in all the other matches he just sits there.

On the other hand if I do enter some goyfs (lets say 2) I’ll probably need another Tropical that could replace the tar pit.

I was also reluctant to S Veredict as well, but it has won me a lot of games lately in moments when my life total was kind of important: U/R Delver, Shardless, Grixis. I used to use Explosives (way to slow and we have already decay) and E Plague (which was not that effective).

I’d also prefer another fluster, but I only have one
Wait what? I don't remember saying anything about cutting TNN. 3 is a good number!! I wouldn't recommend going down to two.

I don't necessarily agree with that assessment of jace. He's a great finisher against most decks. I find i win about 80%-90% of games i'm able to untap with him in play. His brainstorming just puts you so far ahead late game.

Goyfs may be tough on your manabase. I'd recommend looking into gurmag angler/tombstalker as alternatives. Cheap fatties but less taxing on your manabase. That way you can cut the tarpit and go down to 21 lands without being too worried about colors. Another plus for these guys is that they avoid abrupt decay. If your opponent doesn't have STP or a bigger fattie these guys can be difficult to deal with.

I don't know those situations exactly, but remember this, youre casting deluge a full turn earlier than you are casting verdict, potentially even turn 2 with deathrite if things go really sideways. Maybe life would be less of an issue because you can cast deluge a turn earlier and avoid an entire attack step by an opponent?

Okay that's fine, maybe take out meddling mage for another pithing needle? Pithing needle has game against most decks in the format so its a good utility sideboard card.