Thread: [Tusk Talk] Episode 11 - Gencon and Where Hope Goes to Die

[Tusk Talk] Episode 11 - Gencon and Where Hope Goes to Die

http://www.eternalcentral.com/tusk-t...n-and-vintage/

This episode of Tusk Talk features Greg Mitchell (Hot Carl, Ponder?, and Phazonmutant), Sean O’Brien (nedleeds), and Tusk Ally Greedy Mike. We cover the Vintage for Byes events at GenCon, and the overall state of Vintage. We also cover the logistics and ins and outs of GenCon. Greg combines the Miracle of Science. We look forward to the Fall sets, and the road to psuedo-Champs in Columbus.

00:00 – Intro
    03:15 – Tuskvitational Announcement
    03:50 – GenCon Recap
    35:00 – Is Force of Will at its Ebb?
    42:00 – The Man Who Lilled Himself
    47:00 – The highs and lows of White Eldrazi…or Plains, Go.
    55:00 – What Would You Play at Champs?
    59:00 – The Dealer Room
    63:00 – Allentown, Where Hope Goes to Die
    70:00 – Aluren 22-2
    90:00 – The Legend of Hot Carl

Total runtime: 1:28:48

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Re: [Tusk Talk] Episode 11 - Gencon and Where Hope Goes to Die

Disgruntled tournament reports are the best reports.

Another great cast, cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Quit real life and do your podcasts full time? Seriously, you guys are awesome. This is the best legacy pod cast(for legacy players)out there.

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

I'm still patiently waiting for the next episode of Legacy/Vintage ramblings and BBQ discussion.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Thanks for the episode! That said, I'm going to go against the grain and say that I've prefer your strategy-oriented episodes (like the deep dives on Maverick and Enchantress). Team Tusk seemingly has a lot of good players with a passion for the diversity of Legacy & Vintage, and I'd love to hear more from you guys on actually playing the game. While I guess it's entertaining to hear Nedleeds call people apes and talk about buying extra playsets of power (), I feel like you guys hit your stride in the aforementioned episodes and that I came away with something more useful from them. There's obviously a place for this style of podcast (Leaving A Legacy does it particularly well), but when you aren't putting out episodes on a weekly basis, I feel it's better to focus on strategic substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Thanks for the episode! That said, I'm going to go against the grain and say that I've prefer your strategy-oriented episodes (like the deep dives on Maverick and Enchantress). Team Tusk seemingly has a lot of good players with a passion for the diversity of Legacy & Vintage, and I'd love to hear more from you guys on actually playing the game. While I guess it's entertaining to hear Nedleeds call people apes and talk about buying extra playsets of power (), I feel like you guys hit your stride in the aforementioned episodes and that I came away with something more useful from them. There's obviously a place for this style of podcast (Leaving A Legacy does it particularly well), but when you aren't putting out episodes on a weekly basis, I feel it's better to focus on strategic substance.
    Disagree whole heartedly. The reason we listen to this podcast is to hear Nedleeds call people Apes.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

It's even better when he calls you one IRL.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Soldier Stompy

Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Disagree whole heartedly. The reason we listen to this podcast is to hear Nedleeds call people Apes.
    +1

"Fisted by X" or "the Internet doesn't even know what card Y does" are also favourites.
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Thread Information