Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Aether Revolt -or- Kaladesh 2: Ghirapur Drift

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Aether Revolt -or- Kaladesh 2: Ghirapur Drift

No spoilers yet, but there are some pictures we can speculate over!

Seems to be some contention over who the lady is, but most think it is Saheeli. I'm leaning towards Pia Nalaar.
    I didn't notice anyone discussing the fact she's got Tezzeret's arm.

On second look... She's got two mechanical arms, so I guess they aren't Tezzerets...

And here's arm-less Tezzeret with what appears to be Salvage Titans.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: Aether Revolt -or- Kaladesh 2: Ghirapur Drift

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Seems to be some contention over who the lady is, but most think it is Saheeli. I'm leaning towards Pia Nalaar.
    I didn't notice anyone discussing the fact she's got Tezzeret's arm.

On second look... She's got two mechanical arms, so I guess they aren't Tezzerets...
    Yeah, I'd bet on Pia, because why would we get another Saheeli card? Perhaps Pia as UR now? Although it does seem kind of odd that she'd get two cards, unless that just isn't card art or is just some random spell.

And here's arm-less Tezzeret with what appears to be Salvage Titans.
    Masterpiece Salvage Titan? Lol. No, maybe just a reprint.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

The Gatewatch rescues Pia and kills Tezzeret?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

How is that Tezzeret's arm? It doesn't look anything like that, given the ornaments the arm has while Tezzeret has a Phyrexian claw.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Regardless of the reasoning, I had come to the same conclusion.

Where does Tezzeret stand on the sliding scale of morality anyway? For those who follow the lore, is he a good guy or a bad guy?
    And if he's a bad guy, why would he be given such an esteemed position on Kaladesh?

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Regardless of the reasoning, I had come to the same conclusion.

Where does Tezzeret stand on the sliding scale of morality anyway? For those who follow the lore, is he a good guy or a bad guy?
    And if he's a bad guy, why would he be given such an esteemed position on Kaladesh?
    Isn't he supposed to follow the trope of a good guy working for bad people?

Edit: nevermind he's evil

He's Bolas' lackey, which makes him a bad guy. If he got a good position, it's because he's A. Wealthy B. Skilled in metal magic and C. A manipulative bastard with access to Bolas' resources. Also, it doesn't seem like the Consulate is entirely good either (See: Baral v Chandra)

He's the classic "character with a crappy upbringing who, instead of rising above it to becoming a shining champion of the oppressed and downtrodden, instead turns into a scheming, back-stabbing mofo." He'd be doing all the same bad shit he's doing now if he weren't Bolas's muppet, he just doesn't have a choice in which bad things he does because Bolas has a claw up his ass at all times.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Kay...
    So was he evil as Tezzeret the Seeker, or did he become evil? (or was he reconned as always being evil)

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Read up at the link... looks like 'the Seeker' was always evil or was reconned as evil. Tez didn't get his spark until moments before Bolas revived him and made him evil. So unless the card depicts Tez between 'his spark igniting after being mortally wounded' and 'Bolas reviving him', he was evil...

May 2013
    Germany

Kay...
    So was he evil as Tezzeret the Seeker, or did he become evil? (or was he reconned as always being evil)

Read up at the link... looks like 'the Seeker' was always evil or was reconned as evil. Tez didn't get his spark until moments before Bolas revived him and made him evil. So unless the card depicts Tez between 'his spark igniting after being mortally wounded' and 'Bolas reviving him', he was evil...
    He turned evil in his very first appearance, before he met Bolas or even ignited his spark.
    No retcon necessary.

If that woman turns out to be Pia, she somehow lost like almost 20 years of age in between sets... oÔ
    Current Legacy Decks: Elves, 12Post, Eldrazi Stompy, Burn, Reanimator, Death&Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Sylphnir View Post
    He turned evil in his very first appearance, before he met Bolas or even ignited his spark.
    No retcon necessary.

If that woman turns out to be Pia, she somehow lost like almost 20 years of age in between sets... oÔ
    It could be Oviya or Rashmi. I'm leaning towards Oviya, consdidering the quality of her armor.

Is bolas evil?
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    Is bolas evil?
    Just misunderstood
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Just misunderstood
    Bolas' claws slipped from the decanter with a soft tone as he leaned back in his chair. The Dominarian leather still brought back memories of other times; greater times, happier times. He swirled the leaded wine in its glass and watched the flames dance in the fireplace. The mantle, fashioned from bones of his enemies, cast mottled shadows across his face as he contemplated the fire. No one could possibly understand. No one could grasp the depth of his sorrow, his suffering. Particularly not the younger generation that dared to call themselves "Planeswalkers." They were barely more than animals, happy and content to have learned how to create fire to cook their food. He had been able to command the very stars in the sky. And then... lobotomy. His very mind was ripped apart, his power stripped away. So far... he had fallen so far.

Bolas sipped from his glass and sank deeper into the armchair and his thoughts.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Is bolas evil?
    Could be my Hero if he finally kills the Jacetice League or tell the blue Planeswalker to not stick his Jaceticles into every storyline. It's fucking time for a while new Planeswalker Squad which isn't as dumb and shallow as the current one. They need a reboot
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Is bolas evil?
    He's Sherlock Holmes, only an old Dragon. So, not so much evil, as a high-functioning sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    He's Sherlock Holmes, only an old Dragon. So, not so much evil, as a high-functioning sociopath.
    Professor Moriarty, please. Leave your justice-obsessed inferior in the wings.

Feb 2013
    Northern VA

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Could be my Hero if he finally kills the Jacetice League or tell the blue Planeswalker to not stick his Jaceticles into every storyline. It's fucking time for a while new Planeswalker Squad which isn't as dumb and shallow as the current one. They need a reboot
    Agreed. I'm all for either:

1) Switching the story to where we left Karn in New Phyrexia

Or

2) A return to Dominaria

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Ruta Barracuda View Post
    Agreed. I'm all for either:

1) Switching the story to where we left Karn in New Phyrexia

Or

2) A return to Dominaria
    1) Is going to involve the Jacetice League. Bet on it.

2) I love Dominaria as much as the next guy, but what's left there? It's a clusterfuck of devestation with whole continents gone, Rath overlay and time rift shenanigans. Also, shouldn't slivers be rampant there now?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Would love if they develop the non-core PWs as a sort of Justice League Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

2) I love Dominaria as much as the next guy, but what's left there? It's a clusterfuck of devestation with whole continents gone, Rath overlay and time rift shenanigans. Also, shouldn't slivers be rampant there now?
    What did happen post time-spiral block - story wise. I could've sworn everything was "fixed"

Thread Information