Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Natural Order of Trest (BUG Natural Order)

Re: The Natural Order of Trest (BUG Natural Order)

Mongoose seems weak. Its just a 3/3 and that's only in the mid game.

Liliana and Brainstorm are both great ways to get rid of a Progenitus in your hand so I would want to play 4 of each.

Perhaps...

4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Misty Rainforest
    3 Polluted Delta
    2 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Swamp
    1 Island
    1 Forest
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Dryad Arbor

4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Tarmogoyf
    4 Shardless Agent
    1 Progenitus

4 Ancestral Vision
    4 Brainstorm
    4 FoW or Hymn to Tourach
    4 Liliana of the Veil
    4 Natural Order

3 Thoughtseize
    3 Abrupt Decay

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Not enough blue cards for Force.

Anyway, we've tried Shardless before in a NO RUG shell.
    It deludes your deck, adding a third strategy.
    If you like it, by all means try it. I never got it to work though.

If you like Mongoose a lot, and feel you need it, why not add just one or two?
    You can Zenith for it as soon as you reach threshold, but won't draw too many before that.

I like Mongoose too much to play one.

Overall, Miracle is more than 1 deck on 3 we have around after match 3-4 on each big tournament..

Since both Mongoose and Tarmogoyf feed very well on graveyard we might play them 4,3 or 4,2.

Decay and Reclamation Sage for CB.
    Deed for all the tokens (Miracle wins only by tokens) and CB

Worst case scenario we can pack a couple of Maestrolm Pulse..
    I wouldn't play it, but with Dryad, Shaman, Hierarch and Bayou we might even consider Choke, well.. we just open ourselves to a Terminus.. too fancy I am afraid

Other cards to consider are Gaddock Teeg and Meddling Mage

The only DTB I feel we have a bad matchup imho is Eldrazi.
    Maybe bitterblossom might help us? cursedGarruk can be great with its 1/1 deathtouch wolves..

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post

Anyway, we've tried Shardless before in a NO RUG shell.
    It deludes your deck, adding a third strategy.
    If you like it, by all means try it. I never got it to work though.

If you like Mongoose a lot, and feel you need it, why not add just one or two?
    You can Zenith for it as soon as you reach threshold, but won't draw too many before that.
    RUG tends to be faster and more aggressive thanks to cards like Lightning Bolt. BUG tends to be slower, more controllish and more disruptive thanks to Abrupt Decay, hymn, Liliana, Deed and Thoughtseize.

I agree with you that NO doesn't make sense in RUG but in BUG it fits like a glove since you can use discard to clear away removal and slow them down with deed so that a 4cc win condition is viable.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    RUG tends to be faster and more aggressive thanks to cards like Lightning Bolt. BUG tends to be slower, more controllish and more disruptive thanks to Abrupt Decay, hymn, Liliana, Deed and Thoughtseize.

I agree with you that NO doesn't make sense in RUG but in BUG it fits like a glove since you can use discard to clear away removal and slow them down with deed so that a 4cc win condition is viable.
    You didn't understand my post at all.

OP is trying to get Natural Order to work. I took usage of NORPO as a given.
    I was trying to explain that in such a deck the Shardless package probably won't work.

Secondly, whatever third colour you splash to a NOPRO deck hardly makes a difference for speed. White has hate bears and StP, red has blasts and Bolt and black has Decay. Which splash you choose, depends on the meta. I'd say Decay is very good right now.

I never ever mentioned BB costing spells, and I'd never suggest them in a NORPO shell. This NOPRO shell is UGx. The third colour is only a small splash. Don't let your list depend on it too much by adding cards that cost two of that colour.

with 4 Shaman and fetchlands, Liliana is a worthy choice.

Maybe also Jace and Garruk if you go the control route.

We should really decide the strategy before the list.
    These colors are so powerful nowadays...

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    There's 17 blue cards in this build...

4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Tarmogoyf
    4 Shardless Agent
    1 Progenitus

4 Ancestral Vision
    4 Brainstorm
    4 FoW or Hymn to Tourach
    4 Liliana of the Veil
    4 Natural Order

3 Thoughtseize
    3 Abrupt Decay

17 is enough but I agree with you that FoW isn't needed.

IMO 4 Hymn is far more powerful than 4 FoW in this list.

Oct 2015
    Seoul, KR

I played 2 small local events with a force-less version leaning on 3 TS, 3 Hymn, 3 Lili to protect the combo and just playing a mana dork, discard, leovold, liliana, goyf goyf goyf -> natural order plan.

My earlier attempts at BUG NO were based on a Shardless list with a small NO package jammed in, but I quickly dropped the Shardless package due to clunkiness. Playing without Forces felt terrifying during initial testing, but with the deck built like a Rock deck there were not enough blue cards to support Force of Will and I tried to rely on hand disruption and removing problematic permanents with Abrupt Decay rather than Forcing them. I've disagreed with most lists that were posted in the two other Source threads working on this deck, but the basic cards are the same: all the best BUG stuff.

20 Lands

1 Swamp
    1 Forest
    1 Dryad Arbor
    2 Wasteland
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Bayou
    2 Tropical Island
    3 Underground Sea

11 Creatures

4 Deathrite Shaman
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    4 Tarmogoyf
    1 Progenitus

25 Instants/Sorceries

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Abrupt Decay
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Hymn To Tourach
    3 Natural Order

4 Planeswalkers

3 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Jace, the Mindsculptor

SB:

3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Flusterstorm
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Dismember
    2 Diabolic Edict
    2 Toxic Deluge
    2 Faerie Macabre
    1 Null Rod

The mana base is crap and based on personal card availability as I'm sure the fetches are weighted incorrectly. I could have just taken someone else's mana base, but this list is very reliant on turn 2 BB so I whipped it up this way and it's been ok. If I keep working on it I'm sure it will change. The sideboard has heavy hitters against certain archetypes rather than a lot of catch-all good sideboard options, and the main plan of the deck remains the same after boarding, I just planned to shave cantrips, GSZ's, planeswalkers, or Natural Orders as necessary in whichever matchup for more narrow useful cards. In most sideboarded games it came down to removing 4 mana spells in my deck for counters or removal.

Rd 1 Simon on Miracles

This deck seems hard for Miracles to beat. We play 6 main deck discard spells, 2 Leovolds, and 3 Lilianas, plus Abrupt Decay for Counterbalance. Game 1 I played DRS into turn 2 Leovold and then drained and attacked him until he had to Terminus, then I continued to Green Sun for Leovold/Goyf until he ran out of cards and died. Game 2 on the draw I Hymned him multiple times, made a Jace basically worthless with Leovold, then stuck a Liliana and pressured his hand until he had only a large Entreat as an out. I had kept a Spell Pierce for this eventuality and blew him out. 2-0 Win

Rd 2 Doo-Sik on BR Reanimator

This match is rough without Force/Daze in it like most decks that I play. He quickly showed me what deck he was on by winning the die roll, keeping quickly, and playing Swamp, Dark Ritual, Entomb for Sire of Insanity, Exhume. I conceded before showing him any cards. I brought in the Faerie Macabres, the Surgicals, the Flusterstorm, and the Spell Pierces for the clunkier cards and hoped to just strip his hand, counter his spells, remove his combo pieces, and eventually get there with a Goyf or whatever. I kept a hand with a Thoughtseize and a Surgical and took a peek at his hand. I unfortunately saw 0 combo pieces in it, so I couldn't immediately use the Surgical. I Thoughtseized away a Sneak Attack and then had to deal with the rest of his hand of discard. We played draw-go for a while, me having two Surgicals over the course of the game on subpar targets like Bloodmoon and Sneak Attack to use them before he could make me discard them, then he top decked better than I did and found Entomb -> Reanimate. 0-2 Loss

Rd 3 Sang-eun on Burn

I mulled to 6 and lost to Eidolon + POP. Game 2 I kept removal and Hymns, found a pair of Goyfs, ticked up a Liliana repeatedly and killed him with 2 6/7's. Game 3 he mulled into a weak 6, tried to lock me out with an Ensnaring Bridge, and then died to a Tarmogoyf and a Leovold over 3 combat steps. Burn requires careful fetching, some luck, and Hymns followed quickly by Tarmogoyf. 2-1 Win

Rd 4 Heechan on Merfolk

Game 1 he started on Vial, Lord -> Lord -> True-Name Nemesis and I was too slow to get anything going. Abrupt Decay is good but slow and I have no sweepers until post-board. I also remember playing a Liliana and edicting him knowing full-well he'd Vial something in on 1 and saccing it, but being surprised when it was a bit of an uncommon one, in Tidal Warrior. Game 2 I kept an aggressive Decay + Goyf Goyf hand and forced him to begin chumping early in the game and killed him without anything fancy. Game 3 was really long and grindy as he played multiple Silvergills but no Lords and I was able to take stuff down 1 at a time and drain him with a DRS until it got down to a race within a turn, pivotal point being a double block on a Goyf when I had a blow out of a Dismember ready. 2-1 Win

Rd 5 Chan-uk on Sneak and Show

I recognized this player as a fellow Shardless player, and kept a hand without any hand disruption. I was surprised when he led on Mountain, completely disguising his deck for an additional turn, and then died to a turn 3 Sneak Attack for Emrakul. I brought in the counter magic and the Surgicals from the board, then kept a dream hand of multiple Hymns on the play, leading with Bayou, GSZ for 0 into Dryad Arbor. I curved out into Hymn, Hymn, Lili, Goyf and he conceded without casting anything. Game 3 I mulled to 6 on the draw and kept a hand that didn't do much except Thoughtseize a few times and had a possibility of a turn 4 Natural Order. I kept a Thoughtseize for turn 3 to take a look and see if Progenitus would be good enough, and it seemed like it was so I took a Force out of his hand, left him with lands and Emrakul, and then made a Progenitus. 2-1 Win

This was good enough for 2nd place, tied with first but with a worse game win percentage.

The next day I played my normal 3 round Legacy weekly.

Rd 1 Hyun-Cheol on Miracles

We played back and forth with him keeping me off DRS, Swording my Goyfs, Terminusing my Leovold, etc, and then I found a Liliana and ulted her, getting the way clear to make a Progenitus. I hit him once and then it was recycled back into my deck with a Terminus, but I still had a Liliana and he died shortly after. Game 2 he played a few basics, then a Back To Basics, then a Moat. I was completely locked out except for a Liliana and a DRS + basic Swamp. I eventually found a green fetch to find Forest, which allowed me to chain GSZ's into more and more Deathrite Shamans every time he got rid of one. I ulted the same Liliana twice, the second time leaving him with a pile of 3 perma-tapped duals and a Back to Basics, or a basic, a top, and a Moat. At some point I had found an Abrupt Decay for the Moat, but I was functioning fine on Forest/Swamp/DRS so I eventually just discarded the thing. He kept the Moat and then died to DRS drains, unable to find or even cast an Entreat. 2-0 Win

Rd 2 Hyun-Myung on Miracles

I knew this player was on a newly built dual-less Miracles list, and expected main deck Back to Basics and possibly Rest in Peace. I Hymned him on turn 2, turn 3, and turn 4, but then failed to find blue mana for the entire game and lost to an Entreat while doing nothing. Game 2 I resolved a Liliana, clearing the way for a Jace to resolve, then made a Progenitus which he couldn't believe was happening, and attacked him once before it ate a Terminus. He was already at below 10 life though so whatever it was that I found next killed him quickly. Game 3 he stumbled a bit with an awkward hand and Leovold did his normal work against decks that like to draw cards and he died. 2-1 Win

Rd 3 In-Hyeok on Jund

I agreed to draw with this player as we were both 2-0 even though I felt slightly favored, and then played with him for fun. Turns out I was right to draw as I lost this round. Game 1 he played some irrelevant stuff like Deathrite, Dark Confidant, Goyf, and then died to a turn 4 Progenitus. Game 2 I fetched like an idiot and lost to a turn 2 Bloodmoon. Game 3 we played a typical BUG/Jund match where we traded Decays, Dismembers, Lilis and creatures and eventually ended up sadly passing back and forth to each other with 10 lands in play and no cards in hand. I lost this game on turn 20 to a Bloodbraid Elf, after drawing nothing for 10 turns looking for GSZ, NO, Jace, anything really.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

So how useful was the natural order package? Would it be better as 4 other cards?
    -rob

Oct 2015
    Seoul, KR

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    So how useful was the natural order package? Would it be better as 4 other cards?
    I almost always played the deck as a GSZ beat down deck with a combo finish, but against some decks I rushed for a turn 4 Natural Order as quickly as I could. I found that I could beat Miracles and combo decks without having to pull the trigger on it, but decks without counters I'd just try to combo off. I still think that the NO package should be there to provide a stronger end-game than Shardless or any other BUG Midrange shell out there.. We can grind and grind and grind and then oops a 10/10 unblockable.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

I only ask because I read your report and didn't see any mention of natural order in your matches. Did I miss something?
    -rob

Oct 2015
    Seoul, KR

I just checked back through, there were only 3 NO's for Progenitus that I listed. I didn't see it for most of the 5 rounder, unfortunately - although as a testament to every other card in the deck, Leovold and DRS and the GSZ package were more than enough in some matchups like Miracles. Hitting the Miracles player for 10 felt good the next day though, was faster than DRS.

I'm on Aluren currently so not doing much testing with this list, but wanted to provide another list based on the Force-less version people above had been talking about. The list seems fine, and if I wrote a report on my xmage testing I'd tell about a lot of turn 4 Progenitus concessions, but I didn't draw them this past week.

Hi guys,

A friend of mine told me about this thread after I won a 16 player tournament in Paris, France, yesterday with a NO BUG list.

First of all, I know a 16 player tournament is not that relevant to evaluate a deck.
    I wanted to troll a little the other players (the shop's name is "Troll 2 jeux" which means "troll of games"), with a strong BUG basis, and surprise whoever with a NO at some point.

The list I played is inspired by Reid Duke's one, except that I cut the Jace for the NO package.
    Here it is :

8 green fetch
    4 wasteland
    2 Usea
    2 bayou
    2 trop
    1 forest
    1 dryad arbor

4 DRS
    4 noble hierarch
    2 tarmogoyf
    2 leovold
    1 TNN
    1 gurmag
    1 progenitus

1 sylvan library

3 decay
    4 daze (4 rather than 3 because wasteland)
    3 fow
    1 spell pierce (because wasteland too)
    2 NO
    1 fatal push
    4 brainstorm
    3 ponder
    2 thoughtseize

1 Liliana

The sideboard is quite odd because I was expecting a lot of DnT or white decks.
    So without the metagame choices here is the core of my 15 :

1 maelstrom pulse (to get the rid of permanents that decay can't handle)
    1 vendilion clique (for combo decks)
    2 submerge (vs BUG and Dark Depths decks mainly, that a lot of players like in Paris)
    1 surgical
    2 faerie macabre
    1 cabal therapy
    1 pithing needle
    2 flusterstorm
    1 dread of night

I won't write every step of the tournament because my english won't allow me to, but I faced :

R1: Burn
    Win 2-0. A manadeath and a manaful did not allow him to compete.

R2: UB Death Shadow
    I dodged his stifles and casted a NO with backup FTW in G1.
    In G2, the war was intense to get control of the board. Fatal push was awesome, so was my Liliana.
    Win 2-0.

R3: Dark Depths combo
    I know the guy, he plays his petdeck very well so I can't do any mistake and every turn counts a lot.
    I cast a NO t4 to gain a turn in comparison to my Tarmo's power.
    In G2 I submerge his token but he flings it in response. I was at 19 with an active DRS on board, but no Green available.
    G3 I land a Vendilion Clique in turn 2 targeting is sylvan scrying. Turn 3 I cast a Goyf that provides me a quick victory.
    Win 2-1

R4 : Shardless BUG
    We played several games before the tournament and I could see my list was not that good versus his.
    G1 shows me that I was right : I die before his denial and hymn to Tourach.
    G2 is for me thanks to my opponents. He mulliganes at 6 and keeps a one land hand.
    He decides to fetch a swamp. He will never come back, staying in color death during 4 or 5 turns.
    I did not do much despite my sylvan library that showed me nothing. In the end I find a NO that I cast FTW.
    G3 was nice because I thoughtseized his hand with Strix, Toxic Deluge, Fow and some lands while he already has the control of the board.
    I decide to remove fow. A brainstorm shows me 2 submerge and a Gurmag.
    I submerge his DRS, cast my gurmarg. He plays his Deluge, I daze. Then I submerge his strix, pulse his other creature and cast a Liliana.

The list made me feel like I was playing on the edge but in the end it was very challenging and surprising enough for my benefit.
    If my opponent saw my NO package G1 I sided it out in G2.
    Also, I considered wether to keep it or not depending if I was OTD or OTP.

If I had to change it, I would maybe play a GSZ maindeck instead of a Noble Hierarch to fetch any green creature before casting NO or just to find a solution.
    Leovold and DRS were awesome all along the tournament which is quite obvious.
    I know that the shell is not the one for Liliana but the card is so strong that it offered me two games. I would not cut it.

I have played around with many NO xUG variants in the past, and think NO may currently be better positioned than it has been in a while, and that BUG is better positioned than it ever has been as a NO combination. These follow from:

- The slow-down of the format with a lower concentration of combo.
    - The rise of midrange/grindy fair decks like Czech Pile, with many irrelevant value spells (Strix, SCM, K Command) in the face of Progentius, very few answers to a resolved NO, and comparatively few ways to interact on the stack.
    - Leovold, as a FoW+GSZ compatible threat that is on-curve and doesn't necessarily need to close the game quickly.
    - Fatal Push, as cheaper, better, on-color removal.

There are downsides:
    - Miracles still naturally preys on dork-accelerated archetypes, and can Terminus Progenitus.
    - The prevalence of TNN and other non-Pushable threats has lead to a rise in versatile answers that can answer Progenitus (Edict, Council's Judgment), as well as some amount of -1/-1 effects that Arbor/Hierarch/TNN/Clique are weak to.
    - Tarmogoyf is not amazing.

I may begin seriously testing/playing this (* slots are a little iffier):

20 Lands
    - 1 Dryad Arbor
    - 3 Wasteland *
    - 0 Basics *
    - 16 Duals/Fetches

4 DRS
    3 GSZ
    1 Goyf
    1 Ooze
    3 TNN
    2 Leovold
    3 Natural Order
    1 Progenitus
    2 JTMS

4 Brainstorm
    2 Ponder
    3 Push
    2 Decay
    4 FoW
    3 Daze
    2 Thoughtseize

Anyone been playing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Nilla Pac View Post
    I've goldfished with Doomsday decks about twenty times and I still haven't won a game yet.

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

I definitely want to try a deck like this going forward as Progenitus is a lot better now.

Been playing NO BUG locally to good success! Great deck right now. My list is closer to Ried Dukes true-name bug list but with 4 X Natural Order , and no Leovold,
    No jace.

Really didn't like the idea of GSZ in the deck , but the idea of mongoose as a tutor target is great!! Surprise!! I find I'm thoughtsiezing for swords or bolt so I can keep a NO sac target a lot after my opponent knows I have NO. I was thinking of adding 2 GSZ, 2 slippery boggles, (blue count , jitte) going down to 2 hierarchs .

Played around with GSZ and Mongoose locally and never liked it. GSZ is too clunky and never like drawing goose. Will be changing it.

My list was soft to Depths decks. I saw some UB control decks playing FAR // AWAY and thought that would be a good fit. Added back some wastelands. In the board made some changes to swap out the combo and play a BUG pile with SNAPS.

Any input or advice would be welcome thanks!!

NO BUG

4 deathrite
    3 hierarch
    3 true-name
    1 clique
    1 progenitus

4 force
    4 brain
    4 ponder
    4 natural order
    4 thoughtseize
    3 abrupt decay
    2 fatal push
    2 far // away

4 verdant catacombs
    4 misty
    3 polluted
    3 u-sea
    2 trop
    1 bayou
    1 forest
    1 dryad arbor
    2 wasteland

2 pithing needle
    1 jitte
    2 tormods crypt
    2 toxic deluge
    1 sylvan library
    3 snapcaster
    2 tasigur
    2 counter spell

4 - 0 Local legacy night again.

Match-ups
    Maverick
    Game 1 - I kill his Deathrite, he kills my Deathrite, I Force a Stoneforge. I Decay a Knight. Game goes long, trip into NO and fetch for Dryad Arbor. Progenitus, GG
    Game 2 - I have NO in opening hand. I remember having Progenitus out facing a tapped Deathrite, Batterskull and token. and an active 4/4 Knight. I attack in with Progenitus and Toxic Deluge for 7 to wipe his board and kill him next turn, GG
    4C Control
    Game 1 - He turn one Thoughtseize, take True-Name, I Thoughtseize him, Stoneforge, Swords, Force, Ponder lands, I take the Ponder, I have the removal for the Stoneforge. He draws and casts a second Thoughtseize takes a second ponder I drew. He resolves the first threat, Leovold, I EOT Far // Away. Trip into a True-Name, resolves. With the fetches and Thoughtseizes True-Name + Hierarch close the out the game.
    Game 2 - I don't see any Daze's and I didn't show the combo game 1, so I keep it in assuming my opponent will side out Forces for better "fair" cards. I start with an ok hand, mana dork, trips, maybe NO. I remember casting Far // Away to get rid of a True-name. Then casting NO with Force back-up which resolves without having to use Force. I was at 4 by this point. Swinging in twice with Progenitus leaves me open to an EOT Snapcaster that can pick up an on board Batterskull for the kill but I still had the Force and Snap doesn’t resolve.
    Sneak and Show.
    Game 1 – I keep an OK hand with Deathrite and Thoughtseize and some trips. I take a Sneak Attack with Thoughtseize and the game goes long. I bluff having Spell Pierce most of the game but I had nothing and never tripped into a Force or NO. He eventually casts show and tell, I show in Clique he shows Omni. I take Emrakrul. Irrelevant. Ponders into Griselbrand. I scoop.
    Game 2 – He mulls to 5, Progenitus gets there.
    Game 3 – I have a great hand . Deathrite, Thoughtseize, Force, Counterspell, Brainstorm and 2 lands. Keep. S+S player doesn’t have the nut draw. I’m able to keep double Force in hand. On turn 4 or 5 I’m able to resolve a NO, He tries a Cunning Wish and later a Show and Tell but I have Force when I was tapped out for NO and Counterspell with Force the following turn.
    UR Delver.
    Game 1 –I have a slow hand with turn 1 Hierarch. He has turn 1 Delver that doesn’t flip. I have a push for his next creature I know it’s a Young Pyro as I Thoughtseized something else. I miss play and fetch for the sneaky Dryad Arbor to kill off his Delver, and Push his Pyro. He burns me a bit and gets a Thunderous Wrath off the top. I’m able to NO but a turn too late. I think if I let the un-flipped delver hit me I can NO a turn earlier for the Win but at the time I didn’t have NO or a clock of any kind.
    Game 2- I board out the combo, Against Daze, Pierce, Force and Wasteland, NO is not good. I kill off his guys and beat in with an exalted Tasigur for the WIN.
    Game 3 – He keeps a sketchy hand. I play a Deathrite into turn 2 Jitte + Hierarch. Equip and attack in for the win.

I think the deck is good, might add a spell piece or 2 somewhere, Sneak and Show is sketchy.
    I would take out the Sylvan Library, deck already loses a lot of life, cut a Snap or/and Clique for 2 pierces sounds good.

3 – 1 NO BUG, could have been 4 - 0
    LANDS
    GAME 1 – I should have won this match, bad side boarding and big misplay. On the draw, I have Deathrite, Thoughtseize, Wasteland and some other cards. I play out Deathrite turn 1. He had Exploration turn 1. I feel safe he can’t combo off turn 2, he doesn’t, pass back to me. I Thoughtseize he has the depths combo , I take Crop Rotation, but now I have Wasteland out. Game continues, He draws into a second Thespian stage. I have him dead with Progenitus next turn. Pass the turn. His board is Mox diamond X2, Depths, Thespian Stage X2 with 2 lands up. I’m tapped out excepted for Wasteland and active Deathrite, Far // Away in hand. He activates Stage copying Depths, I see he can activate the second Stage in response to the Wasteland. I Wasteland the stage in response in haste. I should have waited and bounced the Token with the Far I had in hand (!!) In response, he copies the copied Depths and he kills me with the attack.
    Game 2 – Frazzled by my misplay, I board wrong. I take out 2 Fatal Push and bring in 2 Pithing Needles. I should have definitely brought in the 2 Tormod’s Crypts and maybe even the Snaps as they are better then some of the other cards I have. Game goes very long, and again I almost have him dead but he grinds me out with Wastelands. I have Deathrites eating all his things. I scoop again still a bit frazzled by my misplays.
    I think this match-up is very winnable with cards I have available in the 75. Far // Away has been great in many match-ups and games.

INFECT
    GAME 1 I lose the die role, already in trouble. I’ve played as INFECT a lot so I’m confident I can win with my hand. T1 Glistener, I T1 Deathrite. He attacks, I block, he uses an invigorate to save the elf. T2 I Thoughtseize, take a Crop Rotation, see he doesn’t have a Daze and Push the elf. He does have a follow-up up creature and I kill him with Progenitus soon after.
    GAME 2 – I bring in Snaps , 1 Needle, Toxic Deluge, Jitte. I lose this game to Inkmoth off the top when I had Thoughtseized away his Blighted Agent and I had Decay in hand… Invigorate + Berserk.
    GAME 3- I hold off his attacks, he starts hitting in with Dryad Arbour. I resolve Natural Order for Progenitus, he plays a Blighted Agent. His board is Hierarch, Glistener Elf and the Agent. I need 2 attacks to win, I rip a Toxic Deluge of the top like a sac, wipe his board and win.

CZECH PLIE
    GAME 1/2 – We grind each out of cards and both games go long. True-name kills him off in the first game when he has no answer for it. In the second game, he has Pyroblast for True-name but NO for Progenitus gets there and I take it in 2.

BURN
    GAME 1 – I kill his creatures and eat them with Deathrite. He gets a bit Mana skrewed and I win.
    GAME 2 – Nothing special, I forget to announce an exalted trigger and miss lethal by 1 point.
    GAME 3- Kill his stuff, counter the other stuff. Progenitus cleans up.

I think this deck is strong. Very fun to play. If I play tight and sideboard correctly, I think even the LANDS match-up is very winnable.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

List I've been toying with playing. Haven't gotten to test yet, but might try it out at a monthly at some point.

NO BUG

Maindeck (61)
    1 Birds of Paradise
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    2 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    3 Tarmogoyf
    1 Ramunap Excavator
    2 Vendilion Clique
    1 Progenitus
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Fatal Push
    2 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Ponder
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Spell Snare
    3 Natural Order
    4 Force of Will
    2 Bayou
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Forest
    1 Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Polluted Delta
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Underground Sea
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Wasteland

Sideboard (15)
    3 Faerie Macabre
    1 Ruric Thar, the Unbowed
    2 Flusterstorm
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Diabolic Edict
    2 Massacre

Shared via TopDecked MTG https://www.topdecked.me/decks/8aecf...5-2654b3ccc3bb
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Thread Information