Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Natural Order of Trest (BUG Natural Order)

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: The Natural Order of Trest (BUG Natural Order)

I'll just use this thread as my personal diary. Went 3-0-1 (ID) to earn a bye for this weekend quarterly with a close to similar list to the one above. Deck felt fine. I still haven't even tried out Leovold. I honestly haven't wanted it yet. Delver seems like a super rough match though. Need to figure out how to make it better, but it's just really rough
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Glad to see someone else is playing NO in BUG.

I stop in to this thread when I can.

I've been playing a list very close to the one I posted earlier weekly. Most people locally know now to look out for Natural Order so it's been a bit harder.
    For the delver match, hopefully Game 1, Thoughtseize and kill there stuff and surprise with Progenitus. Game 2, If I've shown the combo, I usually board it out in favor of Snaps , Tasigur , Jitte and more removal. True-name and Deathrite help, just playing more controlling. I think I have a good win rate still with NO BUG.

I tried GSX and never really liked it, most people are bringing in counterspells and NO hate anyway and the tutor package is clunkier for me.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Yeah I cut down to 1 GSZ. NO certainly has been better for me when I played people that didn't know what I was on. Not sure if I'll keep on it or not. Delver is super rough and all the good players in the area are on it so it's actually impossible to win with a deck not favored versus it
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Played it again this week at the weekly. Split in last round from top prizing. Win vs D&T, Czech Pile with Punishing Fire (Punishing Pile??) and Dead Guy. Pretty good match-ups. I feel like with sweepers, snaps and Tasigurs in the board I have %50 or better match-ups.

Delver is tough but with 7 mana dorks and max Abrupt Decay paying around Daze and Pierce, is easier. I've build my Natural Order list more like Reid's GP winning True-Name BUG deck with 3 True-Names and trading the Jaces for the NO. I think it's better vs a ton of Pyroblasts.

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

I got a sweet deal on some Visions NOs on Black Friday, so I decided to take NO BUG for a spin at my local legacy this week.

Creature package had no Goyfs, but I went with 3 Nobles and 4 DRS, hoping for hands where I could try to cast either 1 of 2 Leovolds or any of my 3 TNNs on turn 2. I also had single copies of Jace and LotV.

I got stomped by Sneak and Show, but beat three fair decks:

D&T was a super easy match up.

I got my RUG Delver opponent in game 1 by leading with True Name to make him use his force and then jamming the combo the next turn and then boarded in more counter magic and boarded out the combo for game 2.

Eldrazi was a bit tougher than D&T since they can have such explosive starts, but Progenitus is still too good. :P

I've been fooling around with a lot of different BUG shells lately and this one is definitely the most fun. Progenitus seems great in my meta as well, since there's so many fair decks with pretty slow clocks right now.

Quote Originally Posted by qomori View Post
    I got a sweet deal on some Visions NOs on Black Friday, so I decided to take NO BUG for a spin at my local legacy this week.

Creature package had no Goyfs, but I went with 3 Nobles and 4 DRS, hoping for hands where I could try to cast either 1 of 2 Leovolds or any of my 3 TNNs on turn 2. I also had single copies of Jace and LotV.

I got stomped by Sneak and Show, but beat three fair decks:

D&T was a super easy match up.

I got my RUG Delver opponent in game 1 by leading with True Name to make him use his force and then jamming the combo the next turn and then boarded in more counter magic and boarded out the combo for game 2.

Eldrazi was a bit tougher than D&T since they can have such explosive starts, but Progenitus is still too good. :P

I've been fooling around with a lot of different BUG shells lately and this one is definitely the most fun. Progenitus seems great in my meta as well, since there's so many fair decks with pretty slow clocks right now.
    Glad to.hear of your success! Yes, some Show and tell hands are near unbeatable.

Baiting out the Force with TNN and jamming NO feels so much better then Forcing back or Thoughtseize first... it all works in the end tho, ha!

I would love to see your list

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

I'm at the airport right now, but I think this is more or less it:

Maindeck
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Noble Hierarch
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    3 True-Name Nemesis
    1 Progenitus
    1 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Fatal Push
    2 Green Sun's Zenith