Thread: Legacy in NYC - Manhattan

Legacy in NYC - Manhattan

I'm going to be in NYC, Soho area, for a couple of weeks. Is there any legacy nearby?
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Jun 2015
    NYC

Re: Legacy in NYC - Manhattan

There are 3 real weeklies in NYC:

Tuesdays at Montasy Comics in Midtown, close to the NYC Public Library, 3 rounds, not great prizes, fairly steady crew of people, not super competitive but everyone is nice enough.

Mondays at Geekery in Queens - best place to go but you have to venture out into the wilderness that is...the outer boroughs . 4 rounds, pretty competitive, good store credit prize support and always fires. Goes pretty late.

Thurs at Nebulous in the LES - Geographically the closest to you, I think they have the hardest time firing. I've only been once and it was okay. Kinda sketch underground location, but it seems like the owner is trying in earnest to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    There are 3 real weeklies in NYC:

Tuesdays at Montasy Comics in Midtown, close to the NYC Public Library, 3 rounds, not great prizes, fairly steady crew of people, not super competitive but everyone is nice enough.

Mondays at Geekery in Queens - best place to go but you have to venture out into the wilderness that is...the outer boroughs . 4 rounds, pretty competitive, good store credit prize support and always fires. Goes pretty late.

Thurs at Nebulous in the LES - Geographically the closest to you, I think they have the hardest time firing. I've only been once and it was okay. Kinda sketch underground location, but it seems like the owner is trying in earnest to make it work.

Thank you!
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Nebulous is a great place to play; a lot of Lands players there and light on Miracles. Used to play/judge the weekly when I lived there and they did have trouble firing, but I'm still friends with the owner and I hear the attendance has gotten better recently.

Geekery never had a problem firing and has a great community too.

Both of those were fairly competitive. Never heard anything impressive about Montasy, so I never bothered trying theirs.

Thread Information