Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1923

Thread: [Deck] Vial Goblins

Re: [Deck] Vial Goblins

@Xod: Good job! Just curious, why do you run a 2nd siege gang commander. Also, did you feel that 2 piledrivers was enough?

Sorry for the very late reply. Honestly, I saw a nice list online that was in sync with my tinkering. 1 SGC always immediately changes the board state, many times your opponent can find an answer for it. But an answer for that second one is mostly not there. It also helps to get SGC more 'naturally' from a lackey. In this tournament I was very happy to have 2 of them.

I wouldn't say I'm NOT a fan of piledriver, but he's not impactfull on an empty board (SGC is). In a previous build (with winstigator) I played 0 piledriver. But I wanted them back for testing, against TNN and strix, and against combo. I never had a moment where I wanted to fetch him with a matron instead of a ringleader, cratermaker (loved him!) or a SGC. He did save my game against Enchantress though.

Oct 2013
    Russia, Moscow

I did 5-2
    Ended 14th out of 84 players

1-2 eldrazi stompy
    0-2 br reanimator
    2-0 br goblins
    2-0 S&T
    2-0 Miracles
    2-1 UR Delver
    2-0 S&T

4 aether vial
    4 goblin lackey
    4 goblin matron
    4 goblin ringleader
    4 goblin cratermaker
    3 gempalm incinerator
    3 goblin piledriver
    3 goblin warchief
    2 mogg war marshal
    1 lightning crafter
    1 skirk prospector
    1 goblin chieftain
    1 siege-gang commander
    1 stingscourger
    1 goblin sharpshooter

4 wasteland
    4 rishadan port
    4 cavern of souls
    7 mountain
    4 snow-covered mountain

2 surgical extraction
    2 tormod’s crypt
    1 grafdigger’s cage
    3 thorn of amethyst
    1 damping sphere
    1 glass
    1 needle
    1 pyroblast
    1red elemental blast
    2 pyrokinesis

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012
    Currently raiding Bant, Friesland.

Way to battle back in it! Starting 0-2 always gets the blood pumping.

If I edit a post without an explanation, I am just correcting typos and / or formatting.
    Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

https://thesaltminesite.com/2018/12/...ast-episode-1/

For those that haven't seen it, this is the podcast Scatman, Olaf, GoblinLackey1 and I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    https://thesaltminesite.com/2018/12/...ast-episode-1/

For those that haven't seen it, this is the podcast Scatman, Olaf, GoblinLackey1 and I did.
    As a totally and completely unbiased source I can confirm that it's quality content.

If I edit a post without an explanation, I am just correcting typos and / or formatting.
    Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Mar 2006
    Amsterdam

This was great! Vial Goblins seems competitive again with the bannings and new printings and you guys seemed so happy about it!
    Team R&D

Long time goblin player here trying to finish up my legacy goblins deck. My old deck from the 90's had stuff like goblin king and goblin caves, so i don't have much experience with the current builds save some streams and podcasts been keeping up with lately.

Few questions:

-I don't have any wastelands or ports and don't really want to buy or do the mana denial thing -> rather just power out my own stuff or have higher consistency of RR as I'd like to play a set of warren instigators. I did get the caverns, few karakas, badlands, ancient tombs, and bunch of other special lands. Have you guys experimented or had any success with builds that don't include wasteland or ports and if so what lands did you use instead?

-It would seem like the first couple turns would be pretty crappy and you would lose without a lackey or vial. Is that correct and are you just supposed to mulligan hands where you don't start with lackey and/or vial?

-I think I heard someone say you would cast vial turn one instead of lackey if you had both. Is that correct and what would alter that decision?

-The coolest thing I saw was someone casting a goblin through a chalice with cavern. I think that works with aether vial also? I thought some number of chalice of the void would be great in the deck, especially because the deck would seem soft vs. combo decks and the frequency of blue cantrip decks out there. I found a couple decks running some in the board -> anyone here have experience running it in the main?

-In that new podcast dudes said mogg fanatic was legit. I was looking to run a set in lieu of tarfires so I can use them with cavern of souls and aether vial. Has anyone tried that out yet?

-I bought some of the bomb goblins, but was worried they would rot in my hand. Any of you guys ditching the bombs and just running more of the 3-drop lords in place of them for consistency and quicker use?

-I saw some decks running blood moon in the board -> anyone try magus of the moon instead to vial in?

-Was surprised goblin guide is not used in the deck. Why not? Seems like it could lead to some quick wins and has some synergy with things like the cycle guy.

Feel free to take a look at my current list: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hawigs-goblins-copy/
    So far, it seems to be quite good. A friend of mine plays it successful a lot online. The initial idea is based on a primer that boarded chalice in every single game. That's why I thought it is probably a good idea to play chalice mainboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Noc2 View Post
    Feel free to take a look at my current list: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hawigs-goblins-copy/
    So far, it seems to be quite good. A friend of mine plays it successful a lot online. The initial idea is based on a primer that boarded chalice in every single game. That's why I thought it is probably a good idea to play chalice mainboard.
    I hereby dub your list "Caverns, Lackey? No!"

Neat concept if Chalice and Blood Moon are that strong in the meta against all the blue-based decks.

Why no Siege-Gang or Kiki? Krenko's good, but I thought WInstigator lists wanted a few bombs to drop. It's so backbreaking to swing Instigator and drop Matron into Kiki. Right now you best pressure off Instigator seems to be Matron into Krenko (board presence) or Ringleader (gas).

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

I think the typical package of Kiki-Jiki, settler should be included here. If you are running blood moons, you can steal some games by blowing up the basics.

(I do like the idea of the chalices in goblins, since it helps the combo matchups game 1.)
    -rob

Thanks for the feedback. You’re completely right. I was also thinking about adding one or two of the big boys and maybe one or two Lackeys, since you often have Cavern of souls, no Chalice or Chrome Mox to imprint it. I really like the Kiki-Jiki settler idea here and will test it. It also profits from ancient tomb.

I played Goblins this weekend only to see no blue decks and 3 combo decks. Awkward.

0-2 vs SneakShow
    2-0 vs Goblins
    1-2 vs 8Moon
    2-1 vs Buried Phoenix
    2-1 vs BR Reanimator

No one was playing Delver, Miracles or even Grixis Control. How would you change the list to adapt to a meta like that? (-60 Goblins, +60 Delver cards?)

//Core: 16
    4 Aether Vial
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader

//Removal: 10
    3 Goblin Cratermaker
    3 Gempalm Incinerator
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Tarfire
    1 Goblin Chainwhirler
    1 Goblin Trashmaster

//Traditional Plan: 11
    1 Skirk Prospector
    3 Mogg War Marshal
    2 Goblin Piledriver
    3 Goblin Warchief
    1 Goblin Chieftain
    1 Siege-Gang Commander

//Lands: 23
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Badlands
    4 Mountain

//Sideboard: 15
    2 Pyrokinesis
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Extirpate
    2 Cabal Therapy
    1 Thoughtseize
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Thorn of the Amethyst
    1 Damping Sphere
    1 Pyroblast

Edit: Oops, I went back to amend the sideboard and accidentally deleted the event report. I'll retype what I remember.

Round 1 (draw) vs SneakShow:
    G1 I start with Caverns, Lackey. I even had Stingscourger in hand and Waste/Ported him off Sneak Attack mana to try to steer him towards SnT, but playing Ancient Tomb + Lotus Petal in one turn let him stick a surprise Sneak Attack. After that, Port couldn't stop him from Sneaking things out. I had enough bodies to survive Annihilate 6 but he had Griselbrand next turn to clean up. Not much to do about that.
    G2 I had Pithing Needle on Sneak Attack, Damping Sphere to lock him to one spell per turn (with Porting too), and answered his first 2 Emrakuls, but double Pyroclasm wrecked my clock and SnT #3 got me. Since racing after hate is our best plan, Pyroclasm really really hurts.

SB: -1 Chainwhirler, -1 Tarfire, -3 Facepalms, -1 Trashman, -1 Ringleader. +2 Needle, +2 Cabal Therapy, +1 Damping Sphere, +1 Thoughtseize, +1 Pyroblast

Round 2 (draw) vs Goblins mirror:
    G1 He has T1 Lackey on the play. I have Lackey too, but he has T2 Pendelhaven. I almost scoop right there. I decide to let Lackey through, hoping his hand is bad. Nope. He drops Ringleader into 3 goblins. I just have a 2nd Lackey and Vial. He pulls away ahead in cards and tempo. I narrowly come back with Vial tricks. EOT Cratermaker to kill SGC while he's tapped out. Chainwhirler mid-combat to wreck his board. Gempalms for days, counting his Goblins.
    G2 He leads with Lackey again. He starts strong, but I mise a win on some niche rules interactions he didn't know. I think he was a less experienced player. He also didn't know my Gempalms would count his Goblins. It was great to see another classic Goblins player, so it felt bad to win like that.

SB: -4 Lackey (on the draw, though maybe I should have left them in to chump his Lackeys). +2 Pyrokinesis, +2 Needle

Round 3 (draw) vs Red Prison:
    G1 easily won with mana denial and turning sideways. Then I may have overboarded.
    G2 he mulls to 6 with turn 1 Ancient Tomb, Mox, Warboss. I debate Wasting his Tomb to keep him off more threats but play Vial instead (MWM, Cratermaker and Matron in hand). He follows up with Rabblemaster. I get beat down by Goblins before I can stabilize.
    G3 I start with Therapy (I think naming Fiery Confluence, but I should have named Rabble/Warboss). He has turn 1 Warboss again, with 2 Rabbles in hand. T2 I have to play MWM and flashback Therapy to strip those Rabbles, waiting till T3 to play Vial and Port him. I trade 1/1s with him and have to blow a Cratermaker to take out Warboss, but by then he had more bodies than me. I topdeck a string of Vials and lands. His remaining tokens drop me to 7 before I stabilize. He gets Blood Moon to shut off my double Port, turning on his big spells. Then he domes me with Fiery Confluence for 6 (putting me at 1). I finally topdeck Ringleader into Matron + Piledriver, winning next turn, but he topdecks burn.

SB: -Skirk, -1 MWM, -1 Warchief, -Trashman, -1 Ringleader, -Chainwhirler. +2 Cabal Therapy, +1 Thoughtseize, +2 Pithing Needle (Chandra), +1 Damping Sphere.
    G3: Brought back MWMs and Chainwhirler, took out Warchiefs and another Ringleader

Round 4 vs Buried Phoenix (draw):
    G1 I just outraced while he dug forever with cantrips. Phoenix deck looks very inconsistent.
    G2 he had turn 2 Thoughtseize (taking a hate card), followed by Dark Ritual + Buried Alive. Hit by 3 Phoenixes. On my turn I played Stingscourger to bounce one, with Cratermaker in hand to kill another. Turn 3 he plays cantrip, StP my Stingscourger (???), Faithless Looting discarding 2 Phoenixes (oh). I take 4 Phoenixes. Can't stabilize to the nuts on the play.
    G3 I Port/Waste him off black and beat down while he fails to assemble the combo.

SB: -1 Trashman, -1 Chainwhirler, -1 Warchief, -2 Ringleader, -1 Skirk, -1 Gempalm. +2 Relic, +2 Faerie, +1 Extirpate, +1 Damping Sphere, +1 Thorn of Amethyst

Round 5 vs BR Reanimator (play):
    G1 he reveals Chancellor so I pass. He plays Badlands and passes. I EOT Tarfire to burn Chancellor, then untap and play Vial and Waste him. He responds by Entombing for Sire of Insanity, then Animates it 2 turns later. We both lose our hands. I topdeck MWM to chump for days until I hit Matron into Stingscourger, then easily win. He tried an Exhume for Chancellor, but I got Stingscourger back...
    G2 he mulls to a 6 and reluctantly keeps. I keep a hand with Lackey, mana denial and Stingscourger but no GY hate. He plays Badlands and pass. I really should play Lackey but I read him on being manascrewed so I made an extremely aggressive Wasteland. He responds with Entomb for Iona. He was out of lands as I guessed, but topdecked a black source and casts Reanimate losing 9. I can't play spells and lose. Lackey was probably the safer play. It would stop him from attacking with Iona (otherwise I cheat out Stingscourger, and then both Reanimate and Exhume are shut off for subsequent threats). Stalling Iona would buy me time to try to topdeck Vial or Relic before he finds a 2nd threat, probably a better play than rolling the dice that I manascrewed him.
    G3 I keep a weird hand with something like Relic, 2 Ports, 2 Vials, Matron and Faerie. I lead with turn 1 Relic. He plays fetch, Faithless Looting discarding Grave Titan. Turn 2 I play Vial and consider "accidentally" tapping the 2nd land to Waste him (making it look like I made a mistake, baiting him into playing a spell that I can eat with Faerie Macabre), but as I hesitate to tap the land he comments that I need to keep Relic up. That ruins my bluff (now I can't feign a misplay and tapping out would telecast another answer in my hand), so I pass with mana up. Then I play the 2nd Vial. He Unmasks me, so I respond with Faerie on Titan and Looting so I can still keep Relic active longer. He takes Matron and now we're both out of gas. I topdeck lands so I just keep double Porting him off red. He gets Wear//Tear to take out Relic, forcing me to blow it, then another Wear//Tear to kill one Vial. With a Vial at 2 active, I finally topdeck Matron into Piledriver. He's surprised I didn't get Stingscourger. I make some BS about wanting a clock to end the game quickly, but he guesses (correctly) that I already have the Sting in hand. A turn before Piledriver kills him, he Entombs and Animates Elesh Norn. I have Stingscourger, but he still wipes my board, leaving us both in topdeck mode. Luckily he's low enough that Reanimate is dead (and Exhume brings back Stingscourger), so he has very few outs. I draw gas first.

SB: -1 Chainwhirler, -2 Facepalms, -1 Trashman, -1 Tarfire, -2 Cratermaker, -1 Ringleader. +2 Relic, +2 Faerie, +2 Cabal Therapy, +1 Extirpate, +1 Thorn of Amethyst

Notes:
    - I suck at die rolls
    - 1 Pendelhaven is probably better than one of my mana denial lands
    - Only drew Cabal Therapy once in all matches, but I expect it to be good often.
    - Cratermaker and Chainwhirler lived up to the hype.
    - I should leave in Trashman more, even when I don't need to kill artifacts, as an out to Pyroclasm effects

I boarded a lot of cards each time. It's hard to get a synergy-based win with so many fewer Goblin cards. I wonder if I should be boarding out Vials more, boarding fewer cards in some matches, or replacing Gray Ogre and Squire with 1-card threats like Rabblemaster.
    Last edited by GoblinSmashmaster; 01-14-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Game 1 (draw) - Mountain, Lackey, go... from him! I do the same. T2 he plays Pendelhaven. I strongly consider scooping. I let his Lackey through hoping his gas was as bad as mine. Nope.
    In my opinion you should probably block in that spot because if you don't block and your opponent has literally anything to put down off the trigger then your Lackey is basically deleted anyway.
    At least chumping gives you 1 turn to find Tarfire / Gempalm / MWM and denies the opponent the huge tempo boost from the trigger.

How to sideboard vs Red Prison: I think the way that you lose this matchup is if your opponent gets a fast start and runs you over, because all of their lockpieces (Chalice, Moon etc) are so bad vs you. I might just do something like -1 Skirk -1 Sting +2 Pyrokinesis and try to play around Fiery Confluence.

Dec 2011
    Richmond, VA

Split the finals of a local legacy event yesterday. First time I'd played magic in a few months. Here's my list:

4 Lackey
    4 Piledriver
    2 MWM
    2 Cratermaker
    1 Stingscourger
    4 Matron
    4 Warchief
    2 Chieftain
    1 Chainwhirler
    4 Ringleader
    2 Krenko

4 Vial

2 Tarfire
    2 Gempalm

12 Mountains
    4 Cavern
    4 Wasteland
    2 Port

Sideboard:
    2 Cage
    2 Crypt
    1 Surgical Extraction
    2 Chalice
    2 Blood Moon
    1 Trashmaster
    1 Pyrokinesis
    2 Damping Sphere (Should have been Thorn, but I couldn't find them)
    1 Pyroblast (meh)
    1 Chainwhirler

Random games against infect before the tournament started -

Chainwhirler just annihilates that deck. I killed a blighted agent, Noble Hierarch, and Glistener Elf all in one shot.

Round 1 - Win 2-1 v. BR Reanimator

Game 1 was a blowout in his favor. In game 2 I mulliganed to 4 in search of hate. I kept land, lackey, crypt, ring leader. My next 2 draws were cage and surgical. I needed all 3 pieces of hate to win the game. Game 3 I went down to 5 and kept a hand with a vial and a surgical. He managed to get an Iona and the big blue guy that bounces things in his yard. He thoughtseized me and I surgicaled the Iona in response. He was able to reanimate the blue guy but I eventually bounced it back to his hand with stingscourger and killed him from there.

Round 2 - Win 2-1 against Grixis Delver

I kept a 1 lander with lackey, vial, and tarfire in game 1. It was definitely greedy. He forced my turn 1 vial and killed my lackey, and I never drew another land until the game was already out of hand. Game 2 I resolved a Blood moon on an empty board after making him use his daze on a chalice. Game 3 I just overwhelmed him with normal goblin stuff - I believe it was running ringleaders into a Krenko that finished the game.

Round 3 - Win 2-0 against U/R Delver

Neither of these games was particularly close. In game 2 I killed 3 Delvers with a Pyrokinesis.

Round 4 - Loss 0-2 v. Storm

Game 1 I lost on turn 2. Game 2 I had Crypt + Sphere + Lackey and had him dead on turn 4. He cast Hurkle's recall and killed me on his turn 3. If the Sphere was a THorn I would have won the game.

Top 4 - Beat U/R Delver 2-0

More of the same. Game 1 was close and he would have won if the Risk Factor in his hand was a fireblast. Game two was not so close - Lackey into Warchief + removal spell into turn 3 Krenko with haste and he couldn't keep up.

Finals - Split with my opponent because he was scared*.

*It was snowing and he had to get home before the roads got bad and his wife got angry.

I really like my main board. I usually have 3 Ashen Riders in the board for sneak and show but I htook them out because it wasn't in the room. The Spheres should be something else - either Thorns or Mindbreak traps, or something for a different match-up.

EDIT: My last 3 tournaments with this deck: 4-1, split finals (write up somewhere back in this thread); 5-1, win finals and a force of will (didn't write that one up); this one - 4-1, split finals. My list has been basically the same with minor tweaks here and there. I think people are trying too hard to make new and different stuff work (Warboss, lots of splashes, etc.) when the old core + Krenko and a few new cards just gets it done.

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    In my opinion you should probably block in that spot because if you don't block and your opponent has literally anything to put down off the trigger then your Lackey is basically deleted anyway.
    At least chumping gives you 1 turn to find Tarfire / Gempalm / MWM and denies the opponent the huge tempo boost from the trigger.
    In hindsight I agree.

At the time I figured if I chumped and didn't topdeck an answer I would lose even worse. I wanted to gamble he just had a weak hand and optimize my chance of winning in that scenario. My hand was something like Lackey, Lackey, Vial, Ringleader, so I didn't see an answer in sight and there was a chance I could sneak 1 Lackey through or use them in a gangblock. I guess I should always play to stop Lackey. I saw his list after... he was running 2 Siege-Gangs, Kiki and Wort!

How to sideboard vs Red Prison: I think the way that you lose this matchup is if your opponent gets a fast start and runs you over, because all of their lockpieces (Chalice, Moon etc) are so bad vs you. I might just do something like -1 Skirk -1 Sting +2 Pyrokinesis and try to play around Fiery Confluence.
    Good point. I overly feared Fiery Confluence and Chandra, but my deck did fine in game 1 and should keep doing fine as long as I remove threats, draw Goblins and disrupt mana. I diluted the deck too much for ineffective answers. In retrospect it was really dumb to cut creatures for 1cc spells and black cards vs Chalice and Blood Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by woodjt5 View Post
    EDIT: My last 3 tournaments with this deck: 4-1, split finals (write up somewhere back in this thread); 5-1, win finals and a force of will (didn't write that one up); this one - 4-1, split finals. My list has been basically the same with minor tweaks here and there. I think people are trying too hard to make new and different stuff work (Warboss, lots of splashes, etc.) when the old core + Krenko and a few new cards just gets it done.
    Nice results. I like Chalice and Moon in the board. Might have to test that.

Must help when 3/5 matches are against Delver and Storm doesn't make top 4.

Got Top 4 at our first large local event of the year. 54 people.

Here is the list:
    https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=20952&d=338864&f=LE

Some things about this list. It was incredibly meta driven. I play enough local events to know a majority of decks that people have access to and what they will most likely run.
    The things that lead me to play Winstigator for this tournament are:
    -I wanted Goblin Settler
    -I wanted to power out hate pieces faster against combo
    -I knew that very few people played grixis control in our local meta
    -Arizona loves their combo decks
    -Most legacy decks in our local meta are relatively light on removal so I wanted to have a threat to answer each turn

R1 vs RUG Delver

I got turn 1 vial each game as I was daze checking to slam warren instigator on turn 2 and he never had the daze. I would then churn through his few removal, kill his delver stabilizing at ~7 life and then got krenko to go around Goyf. One of these games I had a Goyf staring me down early, but I drew my Relic and made it irrelevant.

I finish this round and go take a shot at the bar next door.

R2 vs Burn
    These were tight games, I was on the play which ultimately won me the match. G1 I took 2 from my ancient tomb to play my thorn slowing him down enough to deal with the creatures and connected with a warren instigator to get kiki and settler online and lock him out.
    G2 he blasts me back while he is on the play
    G3 I again get an ancient tomb and have to activate it twice in some tight spots. Thorn and Settler again gave me the advantage to only have to handle his creatures. I won this game at 1 life with him unable to cast his fireblast in hand.

R3 vs Dredge
    These were also incredibly close games. G1 I lose in a spectacular fashion of no interaction. G2 I land a thorn and bind him on lands and use a cratermaker to remove his bridges. Then I'm just playing against narcomebas and ichorids where I just had warren instigators to block and restrict him on his attacks for fear of retaliation. G3 again I get a thorn down restricting him from stripping my hand and sacrificing his dudes long enough for me to get a cratermaker to take care of bridges and then a lackey or warren instigator connects to put down siege gang and slowly take the game. There was a lot of intense combat math in this one and I believe I won at 3 life after my opponent hitting all 4 copies of creeping chill.

R4 vs DnT
    G1 here I crush his equipment and get a warren instigator to connect putting me very far ahead.
    G2 I misplay in a complicated situation with Trashmaster, 4 mana, 2 2drops with my opponent having a vial on 3 and a flickerwisp I know is in hand from a recruiter. Even if I had sequenced correctly it would have been a tough game to get through.
    G3 I have a great tempo where he is unable to answer a lackey getting kiki into play following up with a warren instigator which I copy and send 2 warren instigators at him which he doesn't block and I put 4 4 drops onto the field and he scoops them up.
    R5 ID
    Having had my first drink wearing off by this time I go next door to the bar and get a Stone IPA and some chicken fingers.
    R6 ID
    I'm worried my opponent wouldn't draw with me and I didn't want to play since I just had the beer, but he took the draw since he was on miracles and didn't know I was drunk. Those are the real strats, boys.

Into top 8 as 5th seed

Top 8 BR Reanimator
    I win G1 which was insane. He is on the play and puts grisslebrand in play with a reanimate on turn 1. I have a karakas in my opener and bounce it to his hand which he draw 7 in response and goes to 3 life. On his turn he entombs and animate dead on ashen rider to exile my karakas but he ends the turn with 2 cards in hand. I deploy a vial and then go down to 8 taking 4 a turn in the next few turns as I build up a board to go around his 4/5 flier and kill him.
    G2 He animate dead on grisselbrand on turn 1, I have the stingscourger in hand I play a land and pass, he then reanimates the hexproof guy and I concede.
    G3 he mulligans down to 5 I believe and I keep a mindbreak trap in my opener with a lackey and a siege gang hoping he goes all in on turn 1 and I can exile his stuff. He doesn't acutally have anything and passes. I can't remember the turn by turn details but this game ended with him having a grisselbrand, swamp and badlands on the battlefield tapped out and I had a pretty wide army from the siege gang tokens. I end up playing [[Goblin King]] Activating mountain walk and pumping the team for exact lethal of 18 damage. The exact details are fuzzy for me but I remember my opponent counting up my damage multiple times in disbelief that he lost to Goblin King.

Top 4 GW Maverick (On stream)
    He is on the play.
    Now I am really upset with myself in this game and it displays the huge skill intensive part of this deck.
    G1 I T1 wasteland him off of white as he GSZ for a dryad arbor and I didn't want him to T2 knight. This took him off white for 2 turns as I get a board going. He finds a ghost quarter and uses that to blow up his own forest and get a plains to cast his knight, which was a 7/7. There was a chalice on 1 so I knew he was removal light and on my turn I matron. Now I went and got krenko because he was removal light and krenko can beat a large knight easily. This was incorrect, as in past games I SAW that he had the dark depths combo in his deck. I should have gotten Stingscourger since it would bounce the knight OR answer the liege. It was the more defensive line and would have kept me in the game, however I thought I saw blood and took the shot and as it turns out he made the liege on his very next turn.
    G2 I had a good vial hand but he had sylvan safekeeper and a containment priest where I was struggling on lands. This ended in a loss when Tireless Tracker, Terravore and Knight were swinging in over and over and I couldn't get a board together.

Total Prize pool ended up being ~$1000
    For top 4 I got 108 bucks and used that to get my foil blood moons and a foil surgical.

A good run and the guy I lost to was a buddy of mine (who has actually been over to my house to fix a leak for me) so I was happy for him to take down the tournament afterwards.

Not a bad run.
    My Ashen Rider in the sideboard never got used because the show and tell players didn't show up that day. The blood moons came in against maverick to slow down the depths combo, but I didn't see them and it wouldn't have done much since he was just GW. I think I will switch them for pithing needles or spyglasses for next time. Other than that everything came in at one time or another and was good to have.

There is one mistake on my decklist as one Pyrokenisis was a Sudden Demise. I never saw it though, but it came in against DnT and Dredge.

You can look for the Vod and Twitch.TV/ArizonaEternalMagic
    It should be the last match as the finalists negotiated prizing and didn't end up playing.
    There is another goblins match, piloted by Mike Hadley, in the swiss that was streamed , he was playing a classic list.
    Last edited by Quackers; 01-17-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012

Your game is 45 minutes in on this vid.

Good job man. I like your blacked out lands. I posted your game on the discord as well.

I blame the camera for your loss. Camera's make goblins look fat.

Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

I wrote a large primer for my version of Goblins using Volrath's Stronghold based on around 250 matches of MTGO leagues. Hope you guys check it out! https://thesaltminesite.com/2019/02/...by-eli-goings/
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Post DRS Goblins MTGO Leagues Only Data

Thread Information