Page 91 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1923

Thread: [Deck] Vial Goblins

Re: [Deck] Vial Goblins

Might Morophon be good in a winstigator list?

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpollion View Post
    Might Morophon be good in a winstigator list?
    Well, if you’re connecting with Winstigator you don’t really get a benefit from the casting cost reduction, so the only thing your getting is the pump and a large body. Chieftain gives you the pump at less than half the casting cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My speculative decklist with the new cards:
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Cavern of Souls
    3 Mountain
    3 Badlands
    5 Red Fetchlands

4 Aether Vial

4 Goblin Lackey
    1 Goblin Chirurgeon
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    1 Sparksmith
    1 Munitions Expert
    1 Mogg War Marshal
    1 Stingscourger
    4 Goblin Matron
    3 Goblin Rabblemaster
    1 Goblin Chieftain
    1 Gempalm Incinerator
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Goblin Chainwhirler
    1 Pashalik Mons
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Goblin Trashmaster
    1 Lightning Crafter
    1 Sling-Gang Lieutenant
    1 Earwig Squad

2 Warren Weirding

I think that the more we go toward a "sac-aristocrats" build, the more we want Munition Expert over Gempalm or -even more- Weirding

Hi everyone,

I'm building a B/R version of the deck but I won't be able to buy Badlands. Should I go for the Blood Crypts instead and add more fetchlands ? or add some Prismatic Vista and some basic lands ? Auntie's Hovel :-) ?
    I already have 2 Wooded Foothills and 1 Bloodstained Mire.

What would you do ?

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Vinz35 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm building a B/R version of the deck but I won't be able to buy Badlands. Should I go for the Blood Crypts instead and add more fetchlands ? or add some Prismatic Vista and some basic lands ? Auntie's Hovel :-) ?
    I already have 2 Wooded Foothills and 1 Bloodstained Mire.

What would you do ?

Thanks !
    I would probably try to get away with a single bloodcrypt first. Some people have been looking into vista with a basic swamp. If your black is for volrath's stronghold though, you probably want at least 2 sources to help protect from wasteland.

Depending on your meta though you can often get away with the shock, at least one. It isn't ideal but does the job well. However, if it becomes too much of a problem I guess Hovel could work. I've never been a huge fan of it since you kind of need to add 4 wasteable lands to your deck to expect it early enough. Where as 6 fetchlands puts 7 sources in with only 1 badlands/bloodcrypt/swamp.

thanks for the advice !

Anyone realized that if we cut Ports and wastes and replace lackey with WI we can now play our beloved green men in modern?😱 dunno if its good there but Ill try it just cause why not 😀

Mar 2007
    RI

[Deck] Vial Goblins

I played Rb tonight at a local 3rder testing 2 Munitions Expert, 1 Pashalik Mons and 1 Sling-Gang Lieutenant.

Munitions Expert was great, it killed a Monastery Mentor off Cavern and a Narset vs Miracles, it killed off some Goblin Welders/Engineers vs Painter and a Goblin Guide against Burn.

The Pashalik Mons felt underwhelming, I London Mulliganed it to the bottom competing against a Mogg War Marshall vs burn at 3cc the two abilities seem too slow. It and Skirk Prospector did an impression of Goblin Sharpshooter vs Painter, but given the choice Sharpshooter works better. It requires board presence / interaction / synergies. It’s neat that it stacks with Sharpshooter/Prospector/Sling-Gang. Goblins as a deck that has too many 3cc already imo.

Sling-Gang Lieutenant felt really good. I topped my curve at 4 with Ringleaders, it and Trashmaster. It stabilized me versus Burn in two games and provided a huge clock with Chieftain/Goblin Trashmaster draining people out for 5-8 in the games Lackey runs away with also was impressive. I’m happy with one of so far, but the card felt really good.

For reference I was on:

4 Mountain
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Badlands
    2 Wooded Foothills
    2 Rishadan Port
    1 Swamp
    1 Volrath’s Stronghold

4 Aether Vial

4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    3 Mogg War Marshall
    3 Goblin Warchief
    2 Skirk Prospector
    2 Munitions Expert
    2 Gempalm Incinerator
    2 Goblin Chieftain
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Goblin Cratermaker
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Pashalik Mons
    1 Goblin Trashmaster
    1 Sling-Gang Lieutenant

Going forward idk how exactly I want to configure my mana. I have Vistas in the mail, maybe those. The Basic Swamp was super awkward in some mulligans, I might just run an extra Badlands/Fetch - having Swamp to synergize with Bloodmoon Sb might be worth it tho, small sample so far.

As mentioned I didn’t love the value on Pashalik Mons, I’m considering another Chieftain, Grenzo, Dungeon Warden, another Cratermaker, not sure yet. I could also see turning this slot to a 7th 4cc card and shifting the mana to 0 Swamp 3 Badlands 3 Port to provide an extra effect on T2.

3 Thoughtseize
    2 Tormod’s Crypt
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Bloodmoon
    2 Pyrokinesis
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter

I realize I would like an Earwig Squad Sb. That might take the slot of a Thoughtseize.

It would be cool to hear others’ initial impressions of these few Modern Horizons cards and how to configure the deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    TPDMC

May 2019
    Goblinvillage, Vienna, Austria

Warchiefs and Chieftains!

I know it is offtopic but you may watch 1 Minute and therefore laugh 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9dSVh873Xg

will never off Topic again i promise :) at least it is about Legacy (and two decks in our matchup)

Quote Originally Posted by DerLebkuchenmann View Post

will never off Topic again i promise :) at least it is about Legacy (and two decks in our matchup)
    Thank you, it was really just the best thing I have seen this summer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DerLebkuchenmann View Post

I remember seeing this video years ago right after the ban. Still cracks me up.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Hey,
    Wrote a bit about what I've been testing the last few weeks with the new cards. Let me know what you think =)
    https://thelibraryatpendrellvale.com...-back-in-town/

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

I like that the food chain version is much better now due to sling gang.
    -rob

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

True. Before you needed sgc and a Prospector to filter the mana.
    Sling gang is so busted.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Sling Gang is a great card. It provides bodies to boost the primary beatdown plan, it adds reach to help run through blockers and get value out of blocking, and it allows for an alternative win condition that can actually get through a Glacial Chasm or Energy Field.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Warren Weirding: Good now, or GREAT now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 2017
    Oita, Japan

So I know this isn't a modern thread, but recently I've been wondering if you guys think goblins is currently stronger as a legacy deck or as a modern deck.
    Some of my hardest matchups in legacy are against decks that can win on turn 1 or 2 with force of will backup and what not, and those decks aren't nearly as strong or resilient in modern. Turn 1 prospector isn't nearly as strong as lackey but not having wasteland or port isn't as big of a deal in modern I think.

By the way how have people been doing with legacy goblins these days? Seems like were back to being a little under the radar.

One more theoretical question: if goblin recruiter were ever to be unbannned (I doubt that will happen as it can cause a lot of slowplay scenarios) would we play it in vial goblins? Or would that be more of a card for the food chain version of the deck?

Quote Originally Posted by joaquin View Post
    So I know this isn't a modern thread, but recently I've been wondering if you guys think goblins is currently stronger as a legacy deck or as a modern deck.
    Some of my hardest matchups in legacy are against decks that can win on turn 1 or 2 with force of will backup and what not, and those decks aren't nearly as strong or resilient in modern. Turn 1 prospector isn't nearly as strong as lackey but not having wasteland or port isn't as big of a deal in modern I think.

By the way how have people been doing with legacy goblins these days? Seems like were back to being a little under the radar.

One more theoretical question: if goblin recruiter were ever to be unbannned (I doubt that will happen as it can cause a lot of slowplay scenarios) would we play it in vial goblins? Or would that be more of a card for the food chain version of the deck?
    I think it would see play in Vial Goblins as basically a Ringleader / Matron split card
    For example if you really need a card to deal with an opponent's threat, even if you don't have much mana and still want to draw lands, you can vial/cast it on 2, as a worldly tutor for some silver-bullet card like Stingscourger or Chainwhirler.
    Then in the lategame if you just want card advantage you can search for a stack with Ringleader on top and 4+ Goblins below and next turn you will topdeck Ringleader and be guaranteed to hit all 4 with it, so even though you have to wait 1 turn it seems on average it could be better than if the Recruiter was just a Ringleader you need to get lucky with in the first place.

No idea about modern at the moment though

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    No idea about modern at the moment though
    Jim Davis is giving it a try. He just got 14th at the SCG Modern Classic outside of Philadelphia.

http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/131263

Thread Information