Quote Originally Posted by Sagratho View Post
I was running the instigator list... but it always brick when get wasted and double red mana is an permanent issue. So i start read some articles and watch videos on youtube from Jim Javis (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYbnisCh7pI) and i think the classic build is better than any other, as Max Tieze and Jim Davis always play with that build.

So whats the main trouble that classic build cant deal that force us to play with a different build or an hibrid one like yours?
I also think that the classic build is better than Gator one right now. It is always a meta call and the main difference is speed. I first created an Instigator decklist to fight in the Mental Misstep era. Since then it was also awesome when the meta was mostly Stoneforge decks and Maverick. Right now though, I'm in the classic train, but I like dusting off Instigators every now and then to see what they can do in the meta.
Oh, and if you try Instigator, play lots of R sources. 17-19 is what I'd recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Pyre View Post
However, the emergence of Eldrazi in particular has made Tarfire a far less appealing choice for me:

-Chalice on 1
-Doesn't replace itself
-Doesn't scale
-Awkward interaction when trying to double up on Reality Smasher
-Can't kill Thought-Knot or a big enough Endless One

Another minor point is that it is not counterable by conventional countermagic (against Delver and Infect decks, for example) so it is easier to pull kills off with Gempalm than Tarfire.
Tarfire is not great against Elfrazi, indeed. Even though some take out CotV after SB. removal is not how we win. Board presence and mana denial is.
And I don't agree that Gempalm is better against Delver and Infect. I mean, it is awesome, but so is Tarfire. Post sb we bring in counterable cards. If we don't draw Caverns, our Goblins are counterable. If they Daze your MWM T2, you're gonna have a hard time Gempalming Delver before stabilizing. And regarding Infect, which is a combo deck, paying 1 mana for your removal instead of 2 is HUGE.
All that said, my Classic build now will either play 4 Gempalm/ 1 Tarfire, or a 3/2 split, because the card draw from Gempalm is essential in many other MU's (oh, and 2 Kinesis MD as well because fuck your creatures)

Quote Originally Posted by 16km View Post
Do you think playing Metallic Mimic with a Murderous Redcap could be an alternate win-con?
Sounds horrible. Please try it =D
As Olaf said, brainstorming is even more important than the results

@ Olaf:
If you take a look at our DtB, BRx Reanimator is starting to grow in numbers pretty quickly and is a very tough deck. I'm just commenting because some of your SB run both Mindbreak Trap and Thalia, which I think should be wrong nowadays. Thalias + more grave hate can be very good against both Reanimator and Past in Flames deck, and against SnT you have the Thalia + Sting + Needles (Sneak Attack), which I think is both broader and more effective answers.

@ Goblin Pyromancer:
No, just no. It has been tested.