Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495
Results 1,881 to 1,887 of 1887

Thread: [Deck] Vial Goblins

Re: [Deck] Vial Goblins

I put Harbinger as a 1-of because it's a relatively bad card outside the combo. Rakdos Charm is fun because it triggers Lackey in its last mode and randomly hoses GY/artifacts but maybe that's too cute. This is of course all very rough and sketchy, I just want to go as fast as possible.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by chunderbucket View Post
    I put Harbinger as a 1-of because it's a relatively bad card outside the combo. Rakdos Charm is fun because it triggers Lackey in its last mode and randomly hoses GY/artifacts but maybe that's too cute. This is of course all very rough and sketchy, I just want to go as fast as possible.
    That could be a reason to have more than 0 Rakdos Charm in the SB. But if you just want to trigger Lackey for 2 mana, there are cards like Stingscourger, Warren Weirding, Gempalm Incinerator, Tarfire, or Goblin Cratermaker (doesn't help for turn 2 connection, but better card overall). Just remove the blocker. The upside is removal is also good when you don't have Lackey.

Muxus is a good enough payoff to run some "force Lackey through" cards.

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

If you want to get lackey through I would play Smoldering Spires first. You may need the additionnal land drops for your six-mana goblin.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by Lejay View Post
    If you want to get lackey through I would play Smoldering Spires first. You may need the additionnal land drops for your six-mana goblin.
    Congrats on your 5-0 the other day! I get the CT main. What was the inspiration for Ghost Quarter over Port?

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

I don't think port is that good, I often can and prefer to fill the board. You mostly destroy special lands with wasteland like dark depths and Ghost Quarter does that (and it improves the sb surgical plan for thespian decks). It's also two additionnal wastelands versus decks without basics like tempo and since players tend to fetch basics versus you anyway it also is quite good after they fetched their 1/2/3 basic(s). Guessing how many basics they have on a read isn't that hard and there are stock lists (for exemple ANT always plays 2 basics). Finally it can fix my colored mana in emergency situations which is sometimes a problem in goblins (and I would say regularly if you play ports).

Edit : if you really want to know the inspiration (if I understand correctly), I got it from my old goblins list from a few years ago. Already no ports, GQ, Swamp, Sparksmith, and since goblins were quite bad at dealing with tarmogoyf my main removal back then was 3x Stingscourger + 4x Cabal Therapy main. When I discovered the Modern Horizons goblins two weeks ago I first played a league with a list with ports even though I was already skeptical, then used GQ and adjusted the numbers, then went all in on playing the cards I liked. Didn't change a slot after that move. I went 5-0, 5-0, 1-4 with this list. Not planning to play in the near future.

If kiki winds up in your hand, like from natural draws or Ringleader, is the combo dead? Or theres a way to still do it?

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Thread Information