Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Vial Goblins

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012
    Currently raiding Bant, Friesland.

Re: [Deck] Vial Goblins

Played a Local Event last Tuesday with Jim Davis' list posted by Steve earlier in the thread, for the sole purpose of actually trying it out instead of dismissing it.

I happened to play against Nic Fit, Reanimator, Tin Fins. Not quite as diverse as I was hoping.

I lost to Nic Fit in 2.
    His deck is designed to go bigger than just about everything except Cloudpost on the fair side of things, so I'm not really surprised I lost. Pithing Needle was very good, and Krenko did work, but ultimately he had enough Decay's and Deeds to get me.

Beat Tin Fins in 3.
    Jim's board isn't as good at beating Tin Fins as it is beating Reanimator. I was worried as I knew what he was on. I actually won game 1 due to Tin Fin's being a bit inconsistent. Games 2 and 3 I tutored up Stingscourger and never needed it as Relic and Containment Priest did the job.

Beat Reanimator in 2.
    G1 He got an early Elesh Norn, and I bounced it; I won from there. G2 he got an early Elesh Norn, and I bounced it; I won from there.

As for how the deck felt... It felt tuned. I don't think it is tuned for today's meta, but it did feel like it had the tools for wide coverage. I think I will go back to my normal list (see my Signature under Deck 23 and 30) as I felt I had more narrow, but more relevant coverage.

@dissy
    I went ahead and tried out the 3rd Mogg War Marshal over the 4th Piledriver like you suggested, and simply put I missed naturally drawing Piledriver more often. I also had Blood Moon in my board as you suggested again and it just felt unnecessary. Other than the obvious Matches (Grixis Delver, Lands, Aggro Loam) It just didn't have enough coverage for what it does. I felt like I could only board it in on the play due to resolving it in a reasonable time frame, and Pithing Needle has similar text against 2 out of those 3 decks but with the added ability to hit more. Those slots should be Spell Based Combo hate.

@gobolord
    I'm going to give your list a few test runs as well, soon. I recently acquired a new job in a different town, and this fresh new legacy group might just let Lackey hit more often as they don't know what I'm on. Here's to hoping! <Lackey -> Krenko, GGs.>

If I edit a post without an explanation, I am just correcting typos and / or formatting.
    Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Hello fellow Warchiefs!

Last night, I was inspired by Caleb Durward's Esper DeathCopter video series on CFB, and his high praise for the card Smuggler's Copter. So, I decided to try to test out a Goblins list with 4x Smuggler's Copter. I still don't believe I've identified the right decklist or ratio of cards for it, but my testing so far largely leads me to believe that the card has a place in the deck, and room should definitely be made for it in some versions of Goblins.

First, I should address some of the criticisms and questions I expect to justify this new inclusion, along with some important points in its favor;

1. It's a fair card, and does not substantially help the deck in the matches that Goblins needs the most help, like spell-based combo.

This, while technically true, perhaps has too high expectations for a good card for the deck. I believe that if goblins could truly become a 50/50 deck against the fair matches and still crush miracles, then the deck will be a very good choice, depending on meta of course. I believe Copter helps in this concern; it is phenomenal against a lot of fair decks, and is no worse (and often slightly better) than extra war marshals or piledrivers in combo matchups. It's not insignificant that the loot can dig you one card closer to a crucial hate card (this did happen in my one match against reanimator, as it let me cast a second relic).

2. It's not a goblin, and so doesn't have enough synergy with the deck to justify itself over other goblins.
    The deck can be built so as to not harm ringleader hit likelihood significantly. The first thing I did was take out the maindeck Pyros. This hurt me (because it's reallly good to have them around game 1), but I believe that it's an acceptable loss. With the 2 pyro's out, the copters only add 2 more non-goblins to the deck than normal, so ringleader is very slightly worse.

3. Making space for it in the deck cuts down on the number of playsets, increasing variance in the already variance-heavy deck. I think the opposite occurs in practice. If the Copter is on the field and functioning (which is very easy to do), it smooths out the draws considerably. Goblins is exactly the kind of deck that can benefit from looters. It definitely saved me multiple times by helping me hit land drops.

3. Copter has a lot of synergy with the way the deck plays out. It fits in the curve very well, either with or without turn 1 vial. Ideal start would be turn 1, Vial. Turn 2, cast copter, vial in lackey at opp's end step, allowing the lackey to actually be impactful, regardless of what blocker they have (it's very very satisfying to fly right over a deathrite that would normally stonewall you. It feels like justice.) I'm sure many of you have had plenty of board states where you have 4 or 5 goblins, but they're all useless dorks like matrons and war marshal leftovers. Copter allows them to be productive in the mid-late game without compromising the board presence. 3 flying damage plus a loot (or a block plus a loot, which is also great) is a great deal for a 2 mana artifact.

4. Opponents throw lots of artifact removal at it because it applies such pressure in terms of damage and card quality, and this makes Vial much more likely to survive. I had many occasions (particularly against shardless) where they abrupt decayed the Copter instead of the vial. I don't think this was a bad play on their part, to be clear, but forcing them to use their removal in this way is great. Copter's presence on the battlefield creates pressure just be being there, because it threatens to gain such advantage.

Couple of smaller points that came up in my matches: Having a colorless creature is AWESOME in some matches, almost unexpectedly. I won a match against punishing maverick I had no business winning because the Copter let me block a creature with a SoFI attached, and I imagine this kind of interaction is especially relevant in the D&T matchup (which I haven't played yet) because it also blanks Mother of Runes. Against MUD, it survives Ugin's minus, and then let's you swing back provided you have any creature at all in your hand, which conveniently kills Ugin if they -4'd.

It (kinda) dodges terminus and applies more pressure than the average goblin, and flies right over moat. So extra good against miracles!
    Copter creates some tricky boardstates for your opponent. If you have no untapped creatures, a copter, and a vial on basically any number, your opponent cannot attack with a 3 toughness or less creature without significant risk. Having a vial on 1 represent the possibility of a 3/3 looting blocker instead of a random 1/1 is a very powerful deterrent!

Without further ado, here's the decklist I was playing for most of my matches (I've made a couple of small changes, usually varying the ratio of war marshals/piledrivers and which silver bullets to put in the sideboard vs maindeck). However, the core has stayed the same. I'd love for any advice regarding these ratios and what could be changed about the deck! I'm also curious about when I would side out the Copters themselves; I often find myself with an extra card to cut when sideboarding, and don't really know what is appropriate for a lot of matchups. Sideboarding is still something I'm struggling to figure out. Thank you for any feedback.

Artifacts: 8
    4 Aether Vial
    4 Smuggler's Copter

Creatures: 28 (1of city, something I'd like to change but not sure how)
    4 Lackey
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    4 Warchief
    3 War Marshal
    2 Gempalm Incinerator
    1 Piledriver
    1 Grenzo, Dungeon Warden
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Siege-Gang
    1 Skirk Prospector
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

Instants: 2
    2 Tarfire

Lands: 22
    4 Port
    4 Wasteland
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Wooded Foothills
    3 Mountain
    1 Badlands

Sideboard: 15
    3 Pyrokinesis
    3 Chalice of the Void
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Earwig Squad
    1 Goblin Chieftain
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

EDIT: I've been doing some more testing (I'm at about 30 matches total). I cut the Grenzo for a second piledriver, which I've liked a lot more. I also am considering switching my splash to white for Thalia and RIP. I'm not sure though, because in my experience thalia is sometimes just too slow, whereas Chalice on 0 stops a lot of nonsense.
    Regardless, my testing continues to confirm the Copter is just phenomenal for the deck. It finally enables profitable attacks to be made at a much higher damage rate. I encourage any of you to try them out and see for yourself.
    Last edited by 1GoblinLackey; 11-27-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Does anyone here have a sample Winstigator list for more recent times? A friend of mine has an old one lying around and we're wondering if there's any new tech or tweaks that have been made.

I do alright with this locally.

Creatures:31
    4 Goblin Lackey
    1 Legion Loyalist
    4 Goblin Piledriver
    1 Stingscourger
    2 Subterranean Scout
    3 Warren Instigator
    1 Gempalm Incinerator
    4 Goblin Matron
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    4 Goblin Warchief
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
    1 Siege-Gang Commander

Spells:9
    3 Chrome Mox
    3 AEther Vial
    3 Tarfire

Lands:20
    4 Cavern of Souls
    10 Mountain
    2 Pendelhaven
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard:15
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Pyroblast
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Pyrokinesis

The ideal play is to get a Winstigator through on turn two, trigger Matron, pop out Kiki and have perfect draws for the rest of the game. Like other Goblins builds it tends to flounder if you can't resolve Matrons or Ringleaders. I run Thorns instead of Thalia because Thalia will die to the things they're already bringing in to wipe your Goblins. Sideboard is heavily geared towards beating combo.

Apr 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by 203995014 View Post
    Does anyone here have a sample Winstigator list for more recent times? A friend of mine has an old one lying around and we're wondering if there's any new tech or tweaks that have been made.
    Thats the latest one I built.
    Eldrazis keep me from playing it though

MANA [23]
    4 Caverns, 3 Chrome Mox, 2 Pendelhaven
    3 Wasteland,
    5 Mountain,
    1 Taiga, 5 Fetchlands

CORE [30]
    4 Vial, 4 Lackey, 4 Winstigator,
    4 Piledriver 4 Chieftain
    4 Matron, 4 Ringleader
    1 Stinger, 1 TSH

OTHER [7]
    3 Tarfire
    2 Gempalm Incinerator
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Krenko

SIDEBOARD [15]
    3 Pithing Needle
    4 Blood Moon
    3 Carpet of Flowers
    3 Goblin Sharpshooter
    2 SGC
    Mountain Caverns, Lackey, Go.

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchanges our apples, we each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange our ideas, we each have two ideas.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

gobo: i was playing an instigator list someone gave me from mtgo a while ago. it was pretty similar but didn't run piledrivers. are piledrivers fast enough without warchief?

i was running some pyrokinesis in the maindeck as well as a kiki-jiki and goblin settler. both were pretty good vs eldrazi. haven't tried a sylvan libary in the maindeck, seems like a good choice, same with the carpet of flowers.

list does look a bit weak vs the amount of reanimator decks showing up though.

thanks for the list.
    -rob

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    gobo: i was playing an instigator list someone gave me from mtgo a while ago. it was pretty similar but didn't run piledrivers. are piledrivers fast enough without warchief?

i was running some pyrokinesis in the maindeck as well as a kiki-jiki and goblin settler. both were pretty good vs eldrazi. haven't tried a sylvan libary in the maindeck, seems like a good choice, same with the carpet of flowers.

list does look a bit weak vs the amount of reanimator decks showing up though.

thanks for the list.

Surprise Piledriver's are great and all, but it's primary job in the deck is to be the common finisher in the deck. The reason we run so many is so that we have a higher chance of turning the corner as soon as possible. The goal here isn't to clock the opponent as fast as possible. It's actually pretty great that he eats Swords to Plowshares and Bolts in the mid-game. Remember, long game is good, don't be so aggressive, you'll win the long route. Chieftain fills a similar role at more mana. If your deck is naturally better in overall combat, you don't need the effect nearly as much.

If I edit a post without an explanation, I am just correcting typos and / or formatting.
    Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Forkbeard View Post
    Surprise Piledriver's are great and all, but it's primary job in the deck is to be the common finisher in the deck. The reason we run so many is so that we have a higher chance of turning the corner as soon as possible. The goal here isn't to clock the opponent as fast as possible. It's actually pretty great that he eats Swords to Plowshares and Bolts in the mid-game. Remember, long game is good, don't be so aggressive, you'll win the long route. Chieftain fills a similar role at more mana. If your deck is naturally better in overall combat, you don't need the effect nearly as much.
    I'd also say that the reason to run multiple Piledrivers is so that you can drop multiple in one turn while you have a chief out and steal the game. It's not usually the 1st or 2nd Piledriver that gets them, but I would be very surprised if they had 3 or 4 blockers to stop the 3rd and 4th Piledriver. You usually only need one 9/2 Driver to seal the deal. It also feels fucking grouse to get someone with a bunch of hasty Drivers from out of literally nowhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    I'd also say that the reason to run multiple Piledrivers is so that you can drop multiple in one turn while you have a chief out and steal the game. It's not usually the 1st or 2nd Piledriver that gets them, but I would be very surprised if they had 3 or 4 blockers to stop the 3rd and 4th Piledriver. You usually only need one 9/2 Driver to seal the deal. It also feels fucking grouse to get someone with a bunch of hasty Drivers from out of literally nowhere.

this is the reason i ask. with no warchiefs, it must be difficult to cast many.
    -rob

Hey guys, I'm going to a legacy tournament this weekend and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on prowl targets for Earwig Squad. I know about taking wincons from Elves, ANT and Miracles, but what about decks like Aluren, Tin Fins, Sneak and Show, reanimators and food chain? Do we side in additional copies against those decks? What about Lands: do we go for taking their depths if they play 3 I guess?

The mentioned decks have usually more than 3/4 wincons, and for example do we bother taking three Aluren, or go for their Parasitic Strix and Cavern Harpy with the first Earwig, considering none of the mentioned card is in the opponents hands already? Against Sneak and Show, do we get their payoff cards, or Sneak Attack/Show and Tell? I know that it depends on the sideboard and I plan to play some number of REBs and Warping Wails, but I would be more than glad if someone could tell me how they use Earwigs and what do they target against those decks (mostly Aluren, Tin fins, Sneak and Show, OmniTell, Reanimators and Food Chain). Sorry if that was discussed but I didn't find it all together for an easy lookup! :)

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by treach View Post
    Hey guys, I'm going to a legacy tournament this weekend and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on prowl targets for Earwig Squad. I know about taking wincons from Elves, ANT and Miracles, but what about decks like Aluren, Tin Fins, Sneak and Show, reanimators and food chain? Do we side in additional copies against those decks? What about Lands: do we go for taking their depths if they play 3 I guess?

The mentioned decks have usually more than 3/4 wincons, and for example do we bother taking three Aluren, or go for their Parasitic Strix and Cavern Harpy with the first Earwig, considering none of the mentioned card is in the opponents hands already? Against Sneak and Show, do we get their payoff cards, or Sneak Attack/Show and Tell? I know that it depends on the sideboard and I plan to play some number of REBs and Warping Wails, but I would be more than glad if someone could tell me how they use Earwigs and what do they target against those decks (mostly Aluren, Tin fins, Sneak and Show, OmniTell, Reanimators and Food Chain). Sorry if that was discussed but I didn't find it all together for an easy lookup! :)
    Earwig is not great against the decks you listed because they generally have multiple win cons, so you're going to have to be smart about how you use it. Look through the opponent's deck carefully. Feel free to sort it and separate win cons or combo pieces. Against Aluren just pull the combo pieces. Food Chain if you only see 3 of the namesake enchantment then you know they have one in hand already, so don't bother pulling that and instead remove fatties (NOT GRIFFINS). Tin Fins and Food Chain probably have a 1-of Emrakul you should grab. Tin Fins is also too fast and pretty redundant, so you should probably side out Earwig G2. Reanimator is so redundant that your only good options are pulling the Elesh Norn or any hosers they're running. Earwig is lousy against Omni and SneakShow because they usually have 8 enablers (Show n Tell, Dream halls, Sneak Attack) and 8 win cons (Emrakul, Grizz, Omni) so you can't just wipe out one half of the combo. You should board Earwig out against those decks as well.

Aug 2012
    Japan

I agree with most of what was said above and would like to add:
    Earwig might not be the kill in those matchups that it is in others, but surviving Pyroclasm or Elesh Norn (while you dig for Stingscourger) is not nothing. It all depends on how many other cards you have to board in for those matchups, while keeping your goblin-count up.
    "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours."

My 1994+ Magic Cube

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

It all depends on the context. Figure out what they already have, what you can't beat, and minimize the odds of them getting it. Vs Aluren (classic version) you should almost always go for the combo pieces (I.e Strix + Harpy). Tin Fins is tougher, and Earwig Squad will often be too late. If you can beat a Griselbrand (you have karakas, stingscourger, Warren Weirding etc), take their children of korlis, emrakul, and/or Tendrils. If you're dead to Griselbrand no matter what, figure out which half of the combo they are missing and remove some of those combo pieces.
    Another way to use Earwig Squad here post sideboard is to go after their anti hate cards. If you have leyline, get their chain of vapor. If you have relic, take their needle or decay etc.
    Sneak and Show is a bit easier because you can usually figure out which combo pieces are in their hand already. If they have one half, go after the other. Figure out which card you are more likely to beat if it resolves/is put into play. Sometimes you can race a show and tell, other times sneak attack will be too slow. Sometimes you can survive an emrakul attack, other times you have needle for Griselbrand. Keep in mind that if they have neither of these four cards you should probably go for either Griselbrand or maybe show and tell. Without omniscience they have more ways to cheat things into play than things to cheat into play, and emrakul often gives you one more turn compared to Griselbrand. If it looks like you are set to win next turn sneak attack might be too slow, in which case you go for show and tell.
    Vs Food Chain you take Emrakul or similar cards if you can grind through griffins, otherwise you leave them with a single food chain in their deck. Post board you will often take their Plague away.
    OmniTell is tough. You'd prefer to be able to figure out the exact contents of their hand. Otherwise go after the part of the combo they are missing. Same with reanimator. The difference is that OmniTell is a two and a half card combo deck, Reanimator a straight up two card combo deck. Vs OmniTell you want to go go for the first two pieces (show and tell + omniscience) first, because once they have those they will have a much easier time finding the third. Vs Reanimator you can take away elesh norn and hope to beat their other threats. This works best if you have needle for Griselbrand, or their life total is low enough to negate his usefulness.
    When going after reanimate spells, they all have different strengths. Cmc matters because of speed and chalice. Life loss from reanimate is very relevant. Exhume lets you return a card as well (matron for an answer for example). Animate dead makes for a slightly slower clock and is vulnerable to enchantment removal.

I'm currently working on an in depth piece on earwig squad. It won't be done I'm time before your tournament, but I will make sure to post it here once it's published. Hope my advice helps. :)

Oct 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden

It all depends on the context. Figure out what they already have, what you can't beat, and minimize the odds of them getting it. Vs Aluren (classic version) you should almost always go for the combo pieces (I.e Strix + Harpy). Tin Fins is tougher, and Earwig Squad will often be too late. If you can beat a Griselbrand (you have karakas, stingscourger, Warren Weirding etc), take their children of korlis, emrakul, and/or Tendrils. If you're dead to Griselbrand no matter what, figure out which half of the combo they are missing and remove some of those combo pieces.
    Another way to use Earwig Squad here post sideboard is to go after their anti hate cards. If you have leyline, get their chain of vapor. If you have relic, take their needle or decay etc.
    Sneak and Show is a bit easier because you can usually figure out which combo pieces are in their hand already. If they have one half, go after the other. Figure out which card you are more likely to beat if it resolves/is put into play. Sometimes you can race a show and tell, other times sneak attack will be too slow. Sometimes you can survive an emrakul attack, other times you have needle for Griselbrand. Keep in mind that if they have neither of these four cards you should probably go for either Griselbrand or maybe show and tell. Without omniscience they have more ways to cheat things into play than things to cheat into play, and emrakul often gives you one more turn compared to Griselbrand. If it looks like you are set to win next turn sneak attack might be too slow, in which case you go for show and tell.
    Vs Food Chain you take Emrakul or similar cards if you can grind through griffins, otherwise you leave them with a single food chain in their deck. Post board you will often take their Plague away.
    OmniTell is tough. You'd prefer to be able to figure out the exact contents of their hand. Otherwise go after the part of the combo they are missing. Same with reanimator. The difference is that OmniTell is a two and a half card combo deck, Reanimator a straight up two card combo deck. Vs OmniTell you want to go go for the first two pieces (show and tell + omniscience) first, because once they have those they will have a much easier time finding the third. Vs Reanimator you can take away elesh norn and hope to beat their other threats. This works best if you have needle for Griselbrand, or their life total is low enough to negate his usefulness.
    When going after reanimate spells, they all have different strengths. Cmc matters because of speed and chalice. Life loss from reanimate is very relevant. Exhume lets you return a card as well (matron for an answer for example). Animate dead makes for a slightly slower clock and is vulnerable to enchantment removal.

I'm currently working on an in depth piece on earwig squad. It won't be done I'm time before your tournament, but I will make sure to post it here once it's published. Hope my advice helps. :)

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll report after the tournament :)

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro95 View Post
    Looking forward to it.

Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

http://tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy

I was just looking through TC Decks and I was checking out the top decks from recent tournaments with over 64 players. I noticed a couple things I wanted to share, because I think they can help with building for the metagame.
    1- Lots of Miracles, so we should be good there, plus maybe a few Earwig Squads
    2- Few Goyfs, many Eldrazi... Relic seems bad now. Chump blockers seem good.
    3- Leyline of the Void - Seems real good right now. Lotsa All-In graveyard strategies like that new BR Reanimator. Also great against Loam decks which seem to be en vogue.
    4- Pithing Needle has a lot of targets

Viking Extraordinaire
    Aug 2012

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    http://tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy

I was just looking through TC Decks and I was checking out the top decks from recent tournaments with over 64 players. I noticed a couple things I wanted to share, because I think they can help with building for the metagame.
    1- Lots of Miracles, so we should be good there, plus maybe a few Earwig Squads
    2- Few Goyfs, many Eldrazi... Relic seems bad now. Chump blockers seem good.
    3- Leyline of the Void - Seems real good right now. Lotsa All-In graveyard strategies like that new BR Reanimator. Also great against Loam decks which seem to be en vogue.
    4- Pithing Needle has a lot of targets
    I have a tendency to prefer Surgical as my 0 cost graveyard hate, man I hate Mulligans. Interestingly Collective Brutality can't hit a Faerie Macabre from hand.

Legacy Goblins Records
    Our Discord

Well, my tournament went miserably (2-4 with a BYE), faced A LOT of SFM decks (2x stoneblade, 1x d&t) and lost every time, albeit I did put a fight against stoneblades. It was either my bad luck, bad mulligan decisions and some misplays, or my opponents had the nuts (probably all of the above, eldrazi player admitted he got good draws, and I saw SFM on turn2 most of the time, d0h) but I have to play more since goblins really are not an easy deck to pilot. I also hate Jitte and Sword of Fire and Ice. Our metagame was rather fair so next time I'm thinking about packing more shatter goblins in my main.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to more reports from you guys (more experienced pilots), especially decklists etc. I wrote a short and whiny report here, decklist included.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Well, my tournament went miserably (2-4 with a BYE), faced A LOT of SFM decks (2x stoneblade, 1x d&t) and lost every time, albeit I did put a fight against stoneblades. It was either my bad luck, bad mulligan decisions and some misplays, or my opponents had the nuts (probably all of the above, eldrazi player admitted he got good draws, and I saw SFM on turn2 most of the time, d0h) but I have to play more since goblins really are not an easy deck to pilot. I also hate Jitte and Sword of Fire and Ice. Our metagame was rather fair so next time I'm thinking about packing more shatter goblins in my main.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to more reports from you guys (more experienced pilots), especially decklists etc. I wrote a short and whiny report here, decklist included.
    I am of the opinion that the DnT matchup is simply not favoured for you if you play the Warchief version, but this is a rather polarising subject. Jim Davis and L10 both say that they find the matchup favoured for them so YMMV.

As for Stoneblade, I recommend watching videos on youtube of Max Tietze playing against the deck. I know that I learnt a lot watching his rather meticulous play in my earlier days with Goblins. His matches against Matt Hoey and Brian Eason stand out to me as the most memorable. His article "Goblin Tour Guide" (while outdated) is also good reading on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Thread Information