Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 1923

Thread: [Deck] Vial Goblins

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

Re: [Deck] Vial Goblins

So I made the jump and invested 200€ to get the missing modern foil cards.
    Dont think Ill ever come back to Legacy, because the format is pretty dead in my region.

Im happy I can play my deck from 2010 again :D
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    I made Top 8 of a 73 player Legacy tournament yesterday with trusty Rb Goblins.
    61 Cards
    4 Vial
    4 Lackey
    1 Skirk Propector
    2 Piledriver
    2 Mogg War Marshal
    3 Munitions Expert
    3 Cratermaker
    2 Gempalm
    1 Chieftain
    1 Warchief
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    2 Sling-Gang Lieutenant
    1 Trashmaster
    1 Grenzo, Dungeon Warden
    1 Chainwhirler
    1 Pashalik Mons
    4 Wasteland
    3 Rishadan Port
    1 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Badlands
    4 Mountain
    6 Fetch

Sideboard
    2 Pyrokinesis
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Planar Void
    2 Chalice of the Void
    1 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Null Rod
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Karakas
    1 Mindbreak Trap

R1 - Goblins Mirror!
    Always a bummer getting paried up in the mirror. I wish every goblins player could win every match. I took both games. Remember in the mirror that Gempalm counts goblins on both sides, Munitions Expert only counts them on your side.
    1-0

R2 TES
    I lost game 1 and heavily sided for G2and3. Don't bring in graveyard hate against TES. It does not play out of the yard except for Echo of Eons which takes significant hate to answer, so it's better to interact with Chalice @ 0 or Thorn/Null Rod. REB on a cantrip is always a fair move too. Skirk Prospector is especially good specifically for that reason (casting REB while being tapped out).
    2-0

R3 Miracles
    I won G1 by setting up double removal on Mentor and Vialing in Sling-Gang for lethal in response to opponent's responses. G2 I mulled to 4 and lost. It happens. G3 my opponent has a legitimate Miracle on an Entreat which he did not set up. This enabled him to play an early 4/4 which kept me from attacking into his board. We exchanged sideboard cards (his Council's Judgement for my Chalice @ 1, my REB for his B2B) but having that early miracle Angel gave him the edge and when he Entreated for 4 later that was game.
    2-1

R4 Burn
    G1 Sling-Gang got active so I won. G2 I locked him out behind Chalice @1 and Chalice @2, but I still would have lost had he drawn Firecraft + Fireblast instead of 1+2 drops.
    3-1

R5 Dark Depths
    Lost G1. Won G2 off of multiple Wastelands and Chalice @2 to lock out Hexmage. Won G3 off of Needle on Hexmage and multiple Wastes, then Sling-Gang to pump me to 21 and win on the swing-back.
    4-1

R6 Bant Food Chain
    I win both games off Piledriver being bascially unblockable (sorry Coatl/Griffin) and getting lucky because my opponent assembled the Food Chain/Griffin combo but didn't find a payoff card.
    5-1

R7 ID 5-1-1

Top 8 Hogaak Combo
    I lose both games in similar fashion. T1 Lackey cannot get through T1 Hedron Crab. Lacking Lackey blockers used to be a weakness of Zombardment decks, but Crab does a great job and spams the yard like a motherfucker. I really like how Hogaak combo plays cards from the hand like a regular deck (Crab, Careful Study, Stitcher's Supplier) and gets explosive value out of the yard. G2 I keep an opener with 2 Relic, and they are no match for T1 Crab. I should have been running Leylines in my board or at least Grafdigger's Cage instead of Planar Void. Chalice @ 1 can really shut this deck down as it counters all the fair cards that allow them to abuse the yard. Having Pyrokinesis for removing their early enablers at instant speed is important too. If you can Pyro away Crab and/or Stitcher you are free to Relic or remove their yard and they will not have any responses. It seems like this, like other combo matchups, just needs to be over-boarded against if possible.

Final Thoughts:
    Sling Gang is awesome, and I really like it as a double slot. Chieftain was great, much better than Warchief, as Chieftain does a much better job of going wide and pressuring. Pyrokinesis was great and I should have boarded it in against Hogaak to answer an early Crab. Relic and Planar void were bad, and would have served me better as Grafdigger's Cage or Leyline. Null Rod and Thorn did what they were supposed to against TES. Needle was great against Depths. Chalice was great as well (though I did side it out on the draw vs Depths). I think changing the sideboard -1 Relic, -1 Planar Void, +2 Grafdigger's Cage would be fair. I also would not mind cutting a Port from the main for a MD Karakas. Port wasn't bad yesterday, it just wasn't relevant.
    Thanks for the report! :D it was a good read

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    I'll repost here for discussion.

Snoop + Boggart Harbinger -> Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
    Snoop gets Kiki's ability but is nonlegendary, letting you tap to make infinite tapped Snoops.
    Then you copy Harbinger to get Mogg Fanatic or Sling-Gang Lieutenant on top and sac them all to win.

That's a turn 3 win curving out T2 Snoop into T3 Harbinger.

Matron and Ringleader should improve the consistency of assembling that later in the game.

Kiki and the extra tutors seem to fit better in WInstigator builds. WInstigator means Chrome Mox, which also theoretically enables a turn 2 win:
    T1 Mox, Snoop
    T2 Harbinger -> win

You can even make both uncounterable with Cavern!

Something like this to start:

//Lands: 20
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Badlands
    1 Snow-Covered Swamp
    5 Snow-Covered Mountain

//Artifacts: 7
    3 Chrome Mox
    4 Aether Vial

//Goblins: 33
    1 Mogg Fanatic
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Warren Instigator
    4 Conspicuous Snoop
    3 Goblin Cratermaker
    1 Munitions Expert
    4 Boggart Harbinger
    4 Goblin Matron
    1 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    1 Goblin Trashmaster
    1 Sling-Gang Lieutenant
    1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker

//Sideboard: 15
    3 Chalice of the Void
    1 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Pyrokinesis
    2 Faerie Macabre
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Earwig Squad
    1 Goblin Chainwhirler
    1 Boartusk Liege
    1 Stingscourger

Sideboard is rough, but toolbox seems good with that many tutors main.

Goblin Wizard? Also, isn't Skirk Prospector broken with Snoop?

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    Goblin Wizard? Also, isn't Skirk Prospector broken with Snoop?
    Prospector is very strong with Snoop, but Kiki is even more broken (infinite Snoops).

Without the Kiki combo, abusing Prospector would mean chaining Mogg Rituals (MWM) and other cards, which requires a very different build and is harder to set up without Goblin Recruiter legal. I have an example of how you can break Prospector-Snoop with Recruiter in EDH in the spoiler thread, but it seems too durdly for Legacy.

Prospector could work as a tutorable 1-of with the Kiki combo, but it's a bit win-more. You already have infinite bodies and infinite pings, and now you can get infinite red mana too.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

goddamn that snoop card is good.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

"Snoop gets Kiki's ability but is nonlegendary, letting you tap to make infinite tapped Snoops"

You can't do that, read the card

Jun 2019
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Jones View Post
    "Snoop gets Kiki's ability but is nonlegendary, letting you tap to make infinite tapped Snoops"

You can't do that, read the card
    Which card? It seems to me that it works.

Snoop says "As long as the top card of your library is a Goblin card, Conspicuous Snoop has all activated abilities of that card."
    Kiki, a goblin, has "{T}: Create a token that’s a copy of target nonlegendary creature you control, except it has haste. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step."

So if Kiki is the top card, Snoop gains it's activated ability. This allows it to tap to create a token that's a copy of target non-legendary creature you control. Snoop then taps targeting itself (Snoop is not legendary). Once the ability resolves, there is 1 tapped Snoop and 1 untapped Token Copy of Snoop with haste. This token copy also has "As long as the top card of your library is a Goblin card, Conspicuous Snoop has all activated abilities of that card.", and therefore also gains Kiki's ability to create a copy of itself (or the original Snoop if you so please). This is repeated until you have as many Snoops as you want. Thus infinite tapped Snoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon View Post

Snoop says "As long as the top card of your library is a Goblin card, Conspicuous Snoop has all activated abilities of that card."
    Kiki, a goblin, has "{T}: Create a token that’s a copy of target nonlegendary creature you control, except it has haste. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step."

So if Kiki is the top card, Snoop gains it's activated ability. This allows it to tap to create a token that's a copy of target non-legendary creature you control. Snoop then taps targeting itself (Snoop is not legendary). Once the ability resolves, there is 1 tapped Snoop and 1 untapped Token Copy of Snoop with haste. This token copy also has "As long as the top card of your library is a Goblin card, Conspicuous Snoop has all activated abilities of that card.", and therefore also gains Kiki's ability to create a copy of itself (or the original Snoop if you so please). This is repeated until you have as many Snoops as you want. Thus infinite tapped Snoops.
    my bad it works actually

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon View Post

Unfortunately. It still needs a third card to win.

Sep 2011

It's a 2-card combo. A+B = win.

Sorry, I thought the combo rules interaction was obvious from reading the cards. I'll explain it in more detail.

A = Conspicuous Snoop

B = Boggart Harbinger

With these 2 cards resolved, you can go infinite and win the game.

Here's how it works.

Step 1: Cast Snoop. It has summoning sickness. Pass the turn.

Step 2: Cast Boggart Harbinger. For its trigger, put Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker on top of your library.

Step 3: Snoop gains all activated abilities from Kiki. However Snoop does not copy other things, like the legendary type.

Step 4: Tap Snoop: Use Kiki's ability. Target Snoop (itself), which is a legal target because its a nonlegendary creature.

Step 5: The Snoop/Kiki ability resolves. Create an untapped 2/2 Snoop token copy with haste. It gains Kiki's ability as well.

Step 6: Repeat Steps 4 & 5. The result is infinite tapped 2/2 Snoop tokens and 1 untapped Snoop token.

Step 7: Tap the last Snoop token: Use Kiki's ability targetting Boggart Harbinger.

Step 8: The Snoop/Kiki ability resolves. Create an untapped Harbinger token copy with haste. For its trigger, put Sling-Gang Lieutenant on top of your library. Kiki gets shuffled away.

Step 9: All the tapped Snoop tokens now gain the Sling-Gang activated ability and lose Kiki's ability.

Step 10: Sacrifice all the Snoop tokens to Sling-Gang the opponent and drain 9999999 life

You could replace Sling-Gang Lieutenant with Mogg Fanatic and also ping the opponent to death. Fanatic lets you ping creatures too, if there are hatebears to remove like True Believer or Platinum Emperion before you can kill the opponent.

To pull that off, all you need is a Snoop without summoning sickness and a Boggart Harbinger to manipulate your top card.
    That can win the game as early as turn 3 with Cavern of Souls protection on both pieces.

Tempo tricks:
    -With Chrome Mox you can curve out T1 Snoop, T2 Harbinger and win on turn 2.
    -Aether Vial lets you play Snoop EOT to avoid passing the turn
    -hastelords give Snoop haste, letting you play both pieces in one turn (Vial or Lackey helps)

Why play combo in Goblins?
    Because you can. Combo is Goblins' worst matchup, and this A+B tribal combo lets you actually race.
    It's also a more compact win condition than the usual Piledriver + hastelord + bodies, which should be easier to assemble vs control after Matrons and Ringleaders.
    Also Snoop is good on its own.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    Unfortunately. It still needs a third card to win.
    It doesn't. It does take a turn longer though.
    You can make all the copies in your opponent endstep. Then your turn you just untap and swing.
    Granted, you're more susceptible to removal, but it does work with just the 2 cards.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanX View Post
    It doesn't. It does take a turn longer though.
    You can make all the copies in your opponent endstep. Then your turn you just untap and swing.
    Granted, you're more susceptible to removal, but it does work with just the 2 cards.
    I wrote it wrong. You still need one more card to win on the spot

I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
    Nov 2008
    Austin, TX

Lackey has ended friendship with Siege-gang commander.

is now new best friend.
    Team FireBrothers

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

i think muxus is a legit 1of, maybe even 2of in the sb against control

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    I wrote it wrong. You still need one more card to win on the spot
    You need 2 cards to win on the spot: Conspicuous Snoop + Boggart Harbinger
    (Harbinger finds both Kiki and Fanatic/Sling-Gang)

I guess no one read my wall of text above.

Muxus takes the spot of best Lackey drop though.

How about a turbo list that seeks to get out a Muxus or a Snoop combo as soon as possible?

4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Warren Instigator
    4 Muxus, Goblin Grandee
    4 Conspicuous Snoop
    4 Chrome Mox
    2 Sling-Gang Lieutenant
    2 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror-Breaker
    1 Boggart Harbinger
    2 Goblin Warchief
    4 Rakdos Charm (for that sweet Goblin Lackey interaction)
    4 Munitions Expert
    4 Goblin Matron

4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Badlands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Swamp
    8 Mountain
    2 Wasteland

This list is dumb but it can power out uncounterable t2 wins. Worst case you just cast a bunch of dudes for value and turn them sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by chunderbucket View Post
    How about a turbo list that seeks to get out a Muxus or a Snoop combo as soon as possible?

4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Warren Instigator
    4 Muxus, Goblin Grandee
    4 Conspicuous Snoop
    4 Chrome Mox
    2 Sling-Gang Lieutenant
    2 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror-Breaker
    1 Boggart Harbinger
    2 Goblin Warchief
    4 Rakdos Charm (for that sweet Goblin Lackey interaction)
    4 Munitions Expert
    4 Goblin Matron

4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Badlands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Swamp
    8 Mountain
    2 Wasteland

This list is dumb but it can power out uncounterable t2 wins. Worst case you just cast a bunch of dudes for value and turn them sideways.
    Why is Harbinger a 1 of? Figure you would want to run 3-4 of that one. And Rakdos Charm seems real bad here. T2 charm isnt what I would think this deck really wants to do. And I'm not sure if cutting vials is good. Maybe?

Thread Information