Page 41 of 97 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Vial Goblins

Re: [Deck] Vial Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceCortez View Post
    It's nice to see some love for my list, i put a lot of time into trying to put together a very good build. The sideboard was just tweaked for my local meta but i do feel that this is the strongest build in a more fair oriented meta with the main combo decks being reanimation strategies. I wish i was on the east coast for all of those SCG events but at least i can to play it in the 2 local events we have here a month.

As for this I think kombatkiwi's explanation was perfect but, I honestly don't think that skirk prospector should be in the deck at all. It has never done well for me in the past and i always felt disappointed drawing it and "dark ritual"ing out a matron/ringleader never felt that good when it took up most of my board. The only situation that i liked it in was when i had an active krenko but, if the krenko died before an activation the prospector was just useless. I think the reason that it was stuck in the deck in the first place is because it was in the goblins deck when onslaught was in standard. I feel that skirk prospector should just be left to onslaught standard days and we should just play Chirurgeon over it permanently.
    I totally disagree with you. Skirk prospector is probably the only tool we have to fix our mana and accelerate our drops in case we don't have vials or lackey on board. It's also awesome considering the sinergy with MWM casting/cycling tarfires/gempalm Incineretors from nowere.
    I think that people rely too much on lackey and vials.. Guys, if a lackey connects or a vial ticks to 3 we have won 90% of times; You should focus more about those situations where the only way to cast your creatures is your lands. That's why I think that prospector is absolutely a must. Cheers ^^

Hey guys! Just getting back into the swing of things and went and built goblins! I’m running the RB build and I just don’t seem to understand when grenzo becomes useful. Is he a closer? Or should I always try and drop him for two? I’m also only
    Running two MWM. Should I drop those for a smirk prospector and chirurgeon?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlock96 View Post
    I think that people rely too much on lackey and vials.. Guys, if a lackey connects or a vial ticks to 3 we have won 90% of times; You should focus more about those situations where the only way to cast your creatures is your lands. That's why I think that prospector is absolutely a must. Cheers ^^
    I can agree with the assessment 'spells are too expensive', but 'sac creatures for more mana' is not a very appealing solution. I would rather focus on other ways to solve this problem that don't put you behind on resources, such as playing more removal to survive until lategame or trying to not play so many expensive spells.

Re: Grenzo, you can safely play that card on x = 0 in most situations. Casting it for 1 means you can hit Krenko off of it and casting it for 2 means that it doesn't die to bolt. I have tried the RB Grenzo for a while in the past and while I don't think it's a bad card, I think it's most useful in matchups where Goblins is already favoured because it's essentially just a very grindy/slow Matron/Ringleader type of effect.

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    I can agree with the assessment 'spells are too expensive', but 'sac creatures for more mana' is not a very appealing solution. I would rather focus on other ways to solve this problem that don't put you behind on resources, such as playing more removal to survive until lategame or trying to not play so many expensive spells.

Re: Grenzo, you can safely play that card on x = 0 in most situations. Casting it for 1 means you can hit Krenko off of it and casting it for 2 means that it doesn't die to bolt. I have tried the RB Grenzo for a while in the past and while I don't think it's a bad card, I think it's most useful in matchups where Goblins is already favoured because it's essentially just a very grindy/slow Matron/Ringleader type of effect.
    If you want to survive until lategame you'll have to waste/port down your enemy while shooting at his pieces.. only prospector can do this job. I feel like I need him in every game I play, just because it's so much strong if followed by a MWM or any shoot in hand.. Obviously, it shouldn't be used as a ritual, that means: T1 prospector T2 haste lord ----> that's the worst move you could do with prospector
    I went top 4 in a 183 players event winning 2 games dodging Moats, it was February and Top was still legal, but still I think that prospector needs a place in the main absoutely.

personally i like both this card since they are both very powerful and useful in many situations.

prospector help us casting the big guys whenever we are short on lands/vial or our opponent is making pressure to our mana base. moreover he allow us to cheat on mana and make very unpredictable plays for opponents some times.
    i also found chirurgeon to be incredibly powerful lately since he make very hard for opponents to remove our key pieces. if your meta is heavy on spot removals chirurgeon is a very solid card. atm i'm playing chirurgeon and i'm very happy about it

in my opinion there is a sort of paradox between those cards:
    -higher number of finisher makes chirurgeon better
    -higher number of finisher makes the curve higher
    -higher curve makes prospector better

Hi all,

Went 9-6 at SCG DC (disappointing after a 9-3 start).

1-1 vs Elves
    1-1 vs D+T
    2-0 vs Stoneblade
    1-2 vs Grixis Delver
    1-0 vs 4c delver
    1-0 vs UR Delver
    0-1 vs Turbo-Depths
    0-1 vs Sneak and Show
    1-0 vs Czech Pile
    1-0 vs eldrazi stompy

I played Rb, with no prospector/crafter. The fair deck losses I had were almost entirely due to stumbling on Mana. I think I will add 1-2 prospectors and see how that helps.

The only match I lost to running out of gas was vs. Elves, and I think that was straight variance (5 runnning lands two games in a row).

Quote Originally Posted by menph View Post
    personally i like both this card since they are both very powerful and useful in many situations.

prospector help us casting the big guys whenever we are short on lands/vial or our opponent is making pressure to our mana base. moreover he allow us to cheat on mana and make very unpredictable plays for opponents some times.
    i also found chirurgeon to be incredibly powerful lately since he make very hard for opponents to remove our key pieces. if your meta is heavy on spot removals chirurgeon is a very solid card. atm i'm playing chirurgeon and i'm very happy about it

in my opinion there is a sort of paradox between those cards:
    -higher number of finisher makes chirurgeon better
    -higher number of finisher makes the curve higher
    -higher curve makes prospector better
    Firstly you should try to cast your creatures before trying to protect them :D

My general thoughts on the prospector/chirugeon (henceforth referred to as Doc. Gob):

Both are pretty strong, and people are right about the low levels of StP making Doc. Gob attractive. Being able to tap out on t3 for a warchief and be almost positive he will survive is pretty great. However, I think Prospector solves the deck's real problems a lot more than Doc. Gob does. 90% of the games we lose, it's because we were too slow to deploy our threats and card advantage engines. Prospector also has some side benefit in lists with siege-gang, since sometimes you can just nuke your own board to machine-gun your opponent to death.

Honestly, I've contemplated running both lately. I'm happy to draw prospector virtually any game and in any situation (besides imminent death).

Overall, both could be worth playing nowadays. I don't think people should think that running one necessitates cutting the other.

On another topic: SuicideSteve made a post about how strong K command is in Goblins (which I wholly agree with, I've run 1-2 in my all my RB sideboards for awhile now). He also brought up how we lose so often to our own mana development issues, and I can echo this. A single wasteland can obliterate us with depressing ease. So, I've gone with trying out the greatest mana advantage tool of them all, life from the loam! K command here serves to get back critical creatures dredged over by loam, and having 2 maindeck shatters is wonderful. Haven't played a lot of games yet, but will be doing some proxying and playing soon to test the idea. Here's my current list in progress:

Loam Goblins// 60 Maindeck
    // 4 Artifact
    4 Aether Vial

// 28 Creature
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    3 Goblin Warchief
    1 Goblin Chieftain
    3 Gempalm Incinerator
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    3 Mogg War Marshal
    1 Goblin Chirurgeon
    1 Lightning Crafter
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Earwig Squad

// 4 Instant
    2 Tarfire
    2 Kolaghan's Command

// 22 Land
    3 Taiga
    3 Badlands
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    1 Mountain
    4 Wooded Foothills
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Pendelhaven

// 2 Sorcery
    2 Life from the Loam

// 15 Sideboard
    // 4 Creature
    SB: 1 Siege-Gang Commander
    SB: 1 Tin Street Hooligan
    SB: 1 Stingscourger
    SB: 1 Goblin Piledriver

// 1 Enchantment
    SB: 1 Sylvan Library

// 4 Instant
    SB: 1 Krosan Grip
    SB: 2 Pyrokinesis
    SB: 1 Surgical Extraction

// 1 Land/
    SB: 1 Ghost Quarter

// 5 Sorcery
    SB: 4 Cabal Therapy
    SB: 1 Warren Weirding

Some choice explanations:

Lightning crafter over other finishers: Mostly just want to test the card more, but I like the flickerwisp-like effect it has for protecting good creatures. Championing matron or ringleader also seems great. With Loam I can justify a little bit of a higher curve. I'm trying to increase the overall power level of the cards in the deck: Ringleader is only as good as the cards he hits for you, so I wanted something high impact.

Fewer tarfires because I get access to the 2 K commands to pick off DRS. Obviously that doesn't solve the t1 problem, but with 2 tarfire, 2 k command, 3 gempalms, sharpshooter, and crafter, I think I have enough removal. The Pendelhaven also is effectively another tarfire as far as connecting with lackey is concerned.

Manabase: It's possible I could jam 2 ports in here by cutting a cavern and the pendelhaven. Not sure if this a good idea, 1 pendelhaven seems better than 2 ports. Loam lets you wasteland-lock people, so port might not be necessary anyway. Could also make another cut (the basic?) for barbarian ring as more removal, but going basic-less seems pretty bold.

I'm maindecking squad because my combo matchup looks pretty abysmal, even more than normal. It's possible I should be playing some maindeck piledrivers, this list has incredible inevitability, and more redundancy than normal goblins, but is certainly slow to kill. Another option could be Kiki to unlock the kiki-crafter combo as a way to steal wins against decks with very little removal.

No Prospector (despite my statement earlier in the post) because his role is fairly well filled by the Loams.

Sideboard:
    Lots of Goblin 1-ofs (6 including weirding). This is to compensate for the relatively low goblin count in the maindeck (30), I don't want the numbers falling too far in post board games.

Extra utility land: GQ seems like the best 1-of, since it could knock out a deck with only a few or no basics to search up. GQing some control decks out of their colors is a real thing with loam as well.

Anti combo package: Probably needs to be more robust; I feel especially susceptible to Sneak and Show and Reanimator. Could go as extreme as running Leyline of the Void or Confusion in the ranks. Storm is pretty even postboard thanks to the maindeck squad and a bunch of discard spells postboard.

Interested to hear your thoughts on this idea forum!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Post DRS Goblins MTGO Leagues Only Data

If anyone is having mana problems and wants to play Prospector maybe you should just play 1 more basic Mountain. DNT players consider less than 23 lands to be risky (IIRC) and they don't even have creatures that cost more than 3 mana (barring 1-2 optional Palace Jailer and P&K in the splash build). I see plenty of lists here with only 22 and I think this is also too few for Goblins.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by egoblinsw View Post
    Hi all,

Went 9-6 at SCG DC (disappointing after a 9-3 start).

1-1 vs Elves
    1-1 vs D+T
    2-0 vs Stoneblade
    1-2 vs Grixis Delver
    1-0 vs 4c delver
    1-0 vs UR Delver
    0-1 vs Turbo-Depths
    0-1 vs Sneak and Show
    1-0 vs Czech Pile
    1-0 vs eldrazi stompy

I played Rb, with no prospector/crafter. The fair deck losses I had were almost entirely due to stumbling on Mana. I think I will add 1-2 prospectors and see how that helps.

The only match I lost to running out of gas was vs. Elves, and I think that was straight variance (5 runnning lands two games in a row).
    Do you have your list handy? I'd like to take a look at your manabase. I don't think Prospector helps the manabase that much, but running more Mountains does. The decklists I have been happiest with recently* have been MonoR and have run 24 lands with lots of basic mountains.

*though I haven't played Magic for 2+ months so...

http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=17359&f=LE

This D&T list run the 5th wasteland aka Field of Ruin

Does not look bad to me. Activation cost of 2 is something, but since you get back a mountain it practically works at the same cost of a Rishadan Port. If opponent is not playing basics, it can create a sweet mana advantage.
    Deserve a try i guess

Inviato dal mio SM-A320F utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    Do you have your list handy? I'd like to take a look at your manabase. I don't think Prospector helps the manabase that much, but running more Mountains does. The decklists I have been happiest with recently* have been MonoR and have run 24 lands with lots of basic mountains.

*though I haven't played Magic for 2+ months so...
    My manabase was:
    4 Waste
    4 Port
    3 Cavern
    3 Mountain
    2 Badlands
    7 Fetchland.

Overall in the weekend I was pretty happy with the mana, but it's true that I lost several games to Wasteland. On the other hand, my black cards were AWESOME, saving multiple games. (especially wierding, and SB Engineered Plague). I have really back/forth feelings about Port, sometimes it's the best card, sometimes it's a pain. If i were to change the base, it would probably be some number of ports for either mountains or ancient tombs.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by egoblinsw View Post
    My manabase was:
    4 Waste
    4 Port
    3 Cavern
    3 Mountain
    2 Badlands
    7 Fetchland.

Overall in the weekend I was pretty happy with the mana, but it's true that I lost several games to Wasteland. On the other hand, my black cards were AWESOME, saving multiple games. (especially wierding, and SB Engineered Plague). I have really back/forth feelings about Port, sometimes it's the best card, sometimes it's a pain. If i were to change the base, it would probably be some number of ports for either mountains or ancient tombs.
    I think you had mana problems because you don't run quite enough basic R sources. I would cut at least 1 Port if not 2 to add more Mountain or Badlands. I have found that 12 basic R is the minimum but 14 really cleans up mana screw issues. If you look at a hypergeometric calculator you'll see there's only about a 5% difference in the probability of drawing a basic R source running 12 vs 14 mountains, but over the course of a 7 Rd tournament that's one game of mana screw.

I'm planning on playing this weekend for the first time in a few months. I'm basically going to use my list that was having a lot of success over the summer, but with a few changes. I'm running 24 lands to keep the mana consistent and cutting Chrome Mox because I don't want to lose any CA in 4c Control MUs. I'm employing a toolbox build because that's my style and I think it's the best for the long game. I'm still running 1-of Piledriver because when it's good it is soooooo gooood. I have no idea what my meta will look like (probably a bunch of delvers and a variety of combo) so i'm just trying to have the most consistent, grindy, flexible maindeck possible.

Sideboard is trying to improve MUs against the decks to beat...

DnT - 2 Tuktuks and 2 Pyrokinesis should be enough to keep them from overwhelming us with both board presence and equipment.

Elves - Chalice, Pyrokinesis and Cage will slow their development.... Is Ensnaring Bridge worth it just to cut off Craterhoof alpha strikes?

ANT - Chalice, Thorn, Cage, Surgical, that's 6 cards to bring in. It isn't great, but half the time we'll get one in our opening hand

Czech Pile - Just Blood Moons and a Karakas. You don't really want Pyro because of CA. You don't really want Chalice or Thorn because of K Command. Just keep the goblin count high and out-grind.

Grixis Delver - Chalice, Pyro, and Blood Moon are all options

Sneak and Show - Karakas, E Bridge, Chalice and Thorn, possibly Surgical if they're running Intuition. This is a rough MU all around, almost as bad as ANT.

4 Vial
    4 Lackey
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    4 Tarfire
    3 Gempalm
    2 Mogg War Marshal
    1 Goblin Warchief
    1 Goblin Cheiftain
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Krenko
    1 Sharpshooter
    1 Kiki-Jiki
    1 Lightning Crafter
    2 Goblin Chirurgeon
    1 Piledriver

4 Wasteland
    3 Port
    3 Cavern of Souls
    14 Mountain

Side
    2 Chalice of the Void
    1 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Blood Moon
    2 Pyrokinesis
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Karakas
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Tuktuk Scrapper

Let me know if you think I'm missing anything or at all off-base.

Thanks!

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

My tournament was pretty underwhelming. 1-3

R1 - I beat a Delver deck pretty easily 2-1. I did the out-grinding thing in the games I won. The game I lost was because my hand had Cavern and Port and Cavern got Wasted, never saw another R source.

R2 - I lost to a Reanimator Storm combo deck 0-2. T1 he Reanimated Grizz both games. I mulled to 3 cards G2 looking for a piece of hate (which was ultimately the right move). I appreciate that a mull to 3 or 4 isn't all that terrible in this situation because all you need is Land+ 1Drop + Hate and you're off to the races. I also had a ton of good hate that I sided in, I just couldn't mull to a relevant piece, despite bringing in the following...
    2 Chalice of the Void
    1 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Karakas
    1 Ensnaring Bridge

R3 - I lost to UW Control. Both losses came from two things: 1) opponent had multiple TNN while I was only playing one Piledriver to run through them and 2) I drew pretty dead and did not draw enough CA Goblins to profitably attack into the TNNs. The second game started off well enough, but then I drew lands for 4 or 5 turns in a row late game and just petered out.

R4 - I lost to NicFit Scapeshift 1-2. I again missed having Piledrivers and Warchiefs to bring faster and bigger beats as both losses came when he ramped into 7 or eight lands then cast Scapeshift for the win. On a side note; I still hate Toxic Deluge. That card is OP AF.

The Kiki-Crafter-Chirgureon combo was a bust today. None of those cards were helpful at all and I repeatedly felt like I didn't have enough pressure cards to close out the game when I did have board advantage. I would want to try it again with a super stripped down version. I think a more aggressive approach would be better than the toolbox right now. I would leave the manabase the same but change up the following....
    4 Vial
    4 Lackey
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    4 Tarfire
    4 Gempalm
    4 Piledriver
    4 Warchief
    2 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Tuktuk
    1 Stingscourger

Super basic. But the deck wants a real bomb to drop off Lackey and it wants a faster clock. Having so many toolbox Goblins seemed to hold me back yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    My tournament was pretty underwhelming. 1-3

R1 - I beat a Delver deck pretty easily 2-1. I did the out-grinding thing in the games I won. The game I lost was because my hand had Cavern and Port and Cavern got Wasted, never saw another R source.

R2 - I lost to a Reanimator Storm combo deck 0-2. T1 he Reanimated Grizz both games. I mulled to 3 cards G2 looking for a piece of hate (which was ultimately the right move). I appreciate that a mull to 3 or 4 isn't all that terrible in this situation because all you need is Land+ 1Drop + Hate and you're off to the races. I also had a ton of good hate that I sided in, I just couldn't mull to a relevant piece, despite bringing in the following...
    2 Chalice of the Void
    1 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Karakas
    1 Ensnaring Bridge

R3 - I lost to UW Control. Both losses came from two things: 1) opponent had multiple TNN while I was only playing one Piledriver to run through them and 2) I drew pretty dead and did not draw enough CA Goblins to profitably attack into the TNNs. The second game started off well enough, but then I drew lands for 4 or 5 turns in a row late game and just petered out.

R4 - I lost to NicFit Scapeshift 1-2. I again missed having Piledrivers and Warchiefs to bring faster and bigger beats as both losses came when he ramped into 7 or eight lands then cast Scapeshift for the win. On a side note; I still hate Toxic Deluge. That card is OP AF.

The Kiki-Crafter-Chirgureon combo was a bust today. None of those cards were helpful at all and I repeatedly felt like I didn't have enough pressure cards to close out the game when I did have board advantage. I would want to try it again with a super stripped down version. I think a more aggressive approach would be better than the toolbox right now. I would leave the manabase the same but change up the following....
    4 Vial
    4 Lackey
    4 Matron
    4 Ringleader
    4 Tarfire
    4 Gempalm
    4 Piledriver
    4 Warchief
    2 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Tuktuk
    1 Stingscourger

Super basic. But the deck wants a real bomb to drop off Lackey and it wants a faster clock. Having so many toolbox Goblins seemed to hold me back yesterday.
    I ran the same toolbox version for a while and I ran into the same problems. Lackey triggers don't feel as powerful, removal hurts so much more knowing you wont get another one of those cards again, little to help close out the game. I often times go back to the list you have here to regain my bearings on what works and what doesn't in a meta. I do think fitting in sharpshooter is always worth it at this point.

went 1-2-1 sunday.
    lost 0-2 against grixis control: mana screwed g1 and kept a bad 5 card hand g2. i was afraid to go under 5 with mulligan since is a MU where card advantage is so important, but it didn't pay off in the end.

lost 1-2 against miracles. one game beaten by gideon and the other one by 3 or 4 angels tokens. the MU isn't bad but it's very hard to beat a well timed entreat th Angels.
    i think i sideboarded wrong, since i put in 2 pyrostatic pillars that where shattered very fast by disenchant or judgements. probabily the best thing to do is just keeping the goblin count high and go for the long game, trying to keep a ringleader in hand ready to touch the field after terminus.
    i'm also not sure about blood moon. is a strong card, expecially now, but it feels slow, the meta is well prepared to deal with enchantments and 3rd turn is often very important for us. i'm keeping it just for lands, eldrazi (big or small) and maybe turbo depth, in other fair 3+ colors mu i think is a bad choice

won 2-0 easily against grixis delver

1-1 against my friend playing jund. this was the best game in the day: g1 very long and fun game (40 minutes at least). he had mirri's guile and library, and found soon punishing-groove combo, but i beat him thank to 2 great 3-card ringleaders, and matron re-triggered by crafter. g2 was similar: a lot of removals, crafter championed ringleader and i drew a lot of cards, but he played a tarmo in first turns and killed 5 goblins with a golgari charm, after that i chumped for a while since i ran out of goblins.

i put in crafter at the last minute instead of sparksmith. he never bolted once, but was good in eating removals and retriggering goblins looks good, but many times i have no good championing target and 4cc is preatty high. sparksmith can bolt from turn 3.
    also krenko never made a single activation even if i play 5 haste lords.
    chirurgeon was very good!

the list was:

4 cavern of souls
    11 mountain
    4 wasteland
    4 rishadan port

4 aether vial

4 tarfire
    2 gempalm incinerator

4 goblin lackey
    4 goblin warchief
    4 goblin matron
    4 goblin ringleader
    1 goblin chieftain
    2 mogg war marshall

1 tuktuk scrapper
    1 stingscourger
    1 goblin piledriver
    1 goblin sharpshooter
    1 lightning crafter
    1 siege-gang commander
    1 krenko, mob boss
    1 goblin chirurgeon

\\SB

3 calice del nulla
    2 pyrokinesis
    1 sparksmith
    1 tuktuk scrapper
    1 stingscourger
    2 blood moon
    2 pyrostatic pillar
    1 cripta di tormod
    1 cage
    1 karakas

next change will probabily be cutting crafter for a 2 drop like sparksmith/piledriver/gempalm, and cutting krenko for 2nd SGC or chieftain

I think a more aggressive approach would be better than the toolbox right now.
    i don't know, it really depends by meta. i think the best thing is to maintain the balance in order to be able to change our role in different situations. i don't like 1x-heavy list, but at the same time i like to have access to silverbullets when needed and keep deck's plasticity.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

After a couple of bad small tournament runs, (4-3, 2-2, and something else), got to play in Barcelona this weekend, and got it good again.

Beat DnT, grixis thopter planeswalkers, bug tnn control, Dredge and 2x Turbo Depths. Lost twice to Grixis Delver, them both with busted starts being on the play.

Played a very aggressive Instigator list:
    8 mountains
    4 caverns
    3 wasteland
    2 port
    2 pendelheaven
    1 karakas
    3 chrome mox

4 vial, lackey, gator, chieftain, matron, ringleader, tarfire
    2 Goblin Piledriver, Gempalm incinerator
    1 Pyrokinesis, Sparksmith, kiki-jiki, krenko, sgc, tuktuk scrapper
    (61 cards)

Sb:
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    3 Relic
    2 Pithing needle, Faerie Macabre, Pyrokinesis
    1 Scrapper, Stingscourger

Got 15th out of 157, which was alright.
    Long live the boys!

Sent from my SM-J500M using Tapatalk
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Hello guys

I'm training to nationals on my country, so i need ur help to build a perfect side and learn something abouth some match up. Please help me fix this list, and tell me if i forgot any card.

Tier 0
    Grixis
    Side-in:3x Blood Moon, 1x Sharpshooter.
    Maybe: 4x Thorn of Amethyst, 2x Pyroblast, 2x Surgical Extraction, 2x Chalice of The Void, 1 Relic of Progenitus

4c Leovold
    Side-in: 3x Blood Moon, 2x Pyroblast
    Maybe: 2x Surgical Extraction, 1x Pyrokinesis, 1 Relic of Progenitus

Tier 1
    Death and Taxes
    Side-in: 1x Tuktuk Scrapper, 1x Pyrokinesis, 1x Sharpshooter
    Maybe: 2x Abrade, 1x Pithing Needle

Sneak Atack
    Side-in: 4x Thorn of Amethist, 2x Pyroblast
    Maybe: 2x Surgical Extraction, 2x Chalice of the Void, 1x Pithing Needle

Storm
    Side In: 4x Thorn of Amethyst, 2x Surgical Extraction, 1x Grafdigger's Cage, 1x Sharpshooter
    Maybe: 3x Blood Moon, 2x Pyroblast, 2x Chalice of the Void, 1x Surgical Extraction, 1x Relic of Progenitus

Eldrazi
    Side-in: 3x Blood Moon, 1x Pyrokinesis, 1x Tuktuk Scrapper
    Maybe: 2x Abrade, 1x Stingscourger.

Tier 1.5
    Stoneblade
    Side-in: 2x Pyroblast, 1x Tuktuk Scrapper
    Maybe: 3x Blood Moon, 2x Abrade, 1x Pyrokinesis

Elves
    Side-in: 1x Sharpshooter, 1x Pyrokinesis, 1x Grafdigger's Cage
    Maybe: 2x Chalice of the Void

UR Delver
    Side in: 1x Pyrokinesis, 1x Sharpshooter (Com Young Pyromancer), 2x Pyroblast
    Maybe: 4x Thorn of Amethyst, 2x Surgical Extraction, 2x Chalice of the Void

Tier 2
    Sultai Delver
    Side in: 3x Blood Moon
    Maybe: 2x Pyroblast, 1x Pyrokinesis

Lands
    Side in: 3x Blood Moon, 2x Surgical Extraction
    Maybe: 1x Relic of Progenitus, 1x Pithing Needle

BR Reanimator
    Side in: 2~3x Surgical Extraction, 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    Maybe: 4x Thorn of Amethyst, 2x Chalice of the Void, 1 Stingscourger

Miracle
    Side in: 4x Thorn of Amethist, 2x Pyroblast, 1x Sharpshooter
    Maybe: 2x Surgical Extraction, 2x Abrade

Turbo Detphs
    Side-in: 3x Blood Moon, 1x Tuktuk Scrapper

MonoR Stomp
    Side in: 1x Tuktuk Scrapper, 1x Pyrokinesis
    Maybe: 2x Abrade

Considerations
    I really dont like to run chalice of the void on goblins... thorn of amethys seems to be better, becouse thorn is great against combodecks and on grixis match, a match that i should side-in chalice, i need to side out tarfire... so i think it don't worth.

I like the information of surgical extraction, more than faerie macabre.

But i'm here to learn, so i really need your help to build the greatest sideboard ever!!

Thx guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagratho View Post
    Hello guys

I'm training to nationals on my country, so i need ur help to build a perfect side and learn something abouth some match up. Please help me fix this list, and tell me if i forgot any card.

Tier 0
    Grixis
    Side-in:3x Blood Moon, 1x Sharpshooter.
    Maybe: 4x Thorn of Amethyst, 2x Pyroblast, 2x Surgical Extraction, 2x Chalice of The Void, 1 Relic of Progenitus

4c Leovold
    Side-in: 3x Blood Moon, 2x Pyroblast
    Maybe: 2x Surgical Extraction, 1x Pyrokinesis, 1 Relic of Progenitus

Tier 1
    Death and Taxes
    Side-in: 1x Tuktuk Scrapper, 1x Pyrokinesis, 1x Sharpshooter

Sneak Atack
    Side-in: 4x Thorn of Amethist, 2x Pyroblast
    Maybe: 2x Surgical Extraction, 2x Chalice of the Void, 1x Pithing Needle

Storm
    Side In: 4x Thorn of Amethyst, 2x Surgical Extraction, 1x Grafdigger's Cage, 1x Sharpshooter
    Maybe: 3x Blood Moon, 2x Pyroblast, 2x Chalice of the Void, 1x Surgical Extraction, 1x Relic of Progenitus

Eldrazi
    Side-in: 3x Blood Moon, 1x Pyrokinesis, 1x Tuktuk Scrapper
    Maybe: 2x Abrade, 1x Stingscourger.

Tier 1.5
    Stoneblade
    Side-in: 2x Pyroblast, 1x Tuktuk Scrapper
    Maybe: 3x Blood Moon, 2x Abrade, 1x Pyrokinesis

Elves
    Side-in: 1x Sharpshooter, 1x Pyrokinesis, 1x Grafdigger's Cage
    Maybe: 2x Chalice of the Void

UR Delver
    Side in: 1x Pyrokinesis, 1x Sharpshooter (Com Young Pyromancer), 2x Pyroblast
    Maybe: 4x Thorn of Amethyst, 2x Surgical Extraction, 2x Chalice of the Void

Tier 2
    Sultai Delver
    Side in: 3x Blood Moon
    Maybe: 2x Pyroblast, 1x Pyrokinesis

Lands
    Side in: 3x Blood Moon, 2x Surgical Extraction
    Maybe: 1x Relic of Progenitus, 1x Pithing Needle

BR Reanimator
    Side in: 2~3x Surgical Extraction, 1 Grafdigger's Cage
    Maybe: 4x Thorn of Amethyst, 2x Chalice of the Void, 1 Stingscourger

Miracle
    Side in: 4x Thorn of Amethist, 2x Pyroblast, 1x Sharpshooter
    Maybe: 2x Surgical Extraction, 2x Abrade

Turbo Detphs
    Side-in: 3x Blood Moon, 1x Tuktuk Scrapper

MonoR Stomp
    Side in: 1x Tuktuk Scrapper, 1x Pyrokinesis
    Maybe: 2x Abrade

Considerations
    I really dont like to run chalice of the void on goblins... thorn of amethys seems to be better, becouse thorn is great against combodecks and on grixis match, a match that i should side-in chalice, i need to side out tarfire... so i think it don't worth.

I like the information of surgical extraction, more than faerie macabre.

But i'm here to learn, so i really need your help to build the greatest sideboard ever!!

Thx guys.
    Full list would be good to understand better your overall strategy.

I like thorn as well, I definitely want to try it out in the future. Is a softer lock than chalice, but the second one is often bad also for us. Keep in mind that thorn will not work for elves and that you need to wait until turn 2, while chalice can touch the field @0 on T1 (storm, Belcher, br reanimator etc)
    Surgical is great if you are not going to play chalice.

As i wrote in my previous post I definitely don't like to sideboard heavily against fair deck. Few card (chalice, thorn, moon) can win some games but they are bad choice because there are many ways to play around or deal with (decay, shaman, council judgment, disenchant, abrade, explosive, etc)
    The best thing is to keep goblin count high and beat them with consistency.
    Non blu fair decks: 2-3 pyrokinesis, tuk tuk (if playing equipment, keep one post board for needle or other artifacts based disruption), sparksmith ( very good t2 play. A couple of activations in early games will change the course of the game). 1-2 GY hate pieces against tarmogoyf or knight of reliquary.
    Blu fair deck: just goblin based removals and GY hate if needed. Pyrokinesis is good but try to not have it countered. Tuk tuk is good against strige decks.

Inviato dal mio SM-A320F utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by menph View Post
    Full list would be good to understand better your overall strategy.
    Hi, thats my main list:

Lands (21)
    10 Mountain
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    2 Pendelhaven
    1 Rishadan Port

Creatures (28)
    4 Goblin Lackey
    4 Warren Instigator
    4 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Goblin Matron
    4 Goblin Ringleader
    2 Gempalm Incinerator
    1 Stingscourger
    1 Sparksmith
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper
    1 Krenko, Mob Boss
    1 Siege-Gang Commander
    1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker

Other (11)
    4 AEther Vial
    4 Tarfire
    2 Chrome Mox
    1 Pyrokinesis

So... 21 lands + 2 Chrome mox and 28 creatures + 4 Tarfire, seems good.

I'm having trouble only against tempodecks, with stifles and daze.. its incredible hard to beat RUG Delver and Grixis. I'm trying this SB right now:

4 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Blood Moon
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Pyrokinesis
    1 Goblin Sharpshooter
    1 Tuktuk Scrapper

I don't know if i need surgical or relic... becouse BR reanimator its an insta lose, and relic helps against these decks that i told before. Surgical is better against Storm too.
    Last edited by Sagratho; 11-07-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Thread Information