Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1923

Thread: [Deck] Vial Goblins

Re: [Deck] Vial Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by joaquin View Post
    HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION ALERT:

So let's say deathrite shaman gets the banhammer in legacy. I'm interested in everyone's opinions on a couple things.

1. How will this affect goblins in the legacy metagame?

2. How will the core of the deck change (if at all) as a result?

I'm curious because while deathrite is really bad for us, I wonder if it will increase the number of fast reanimator or other gy combo strategies. I mean I know shaman stonewalls lackey, but we still have tarfires and gempalms to deal with it.

Bonus question: If goblin recruiter were ever unbanned, would it be an auto-include for us?
    I'd cut all my tarfires. Play the classic list with more MWM and the full 4 of gempalms. Sideboard would have 4 graffdiggers cage until I see the graveyard strategies die down. Essentially it would allow us to nearly fade all counterspells in game 1 since we won't be forced to play tarfires. I'd forsee a lot more lackeys attacking on turn 2. Warchief cost reduction becomes better than chieftain pump since you don't have to go over as many x/2s. We'd see more people mulligan for removal for lackey on turn 1. I'd feel better about splashing colors too. Probably green for tin street.

Ultimately we'd just have to deal with more goyfs, more grissledads, and stoneforge will still be a thing. MWM and Gempalm for goyf, stingscourger for goyf and grisseldad, and tin streets for stoneforge. It doesn't seem like much but getting 4 extra slots from not needing tarfires is amazing.

Oh yeah, Skirk and Sharpshooter get better since the creature decks that survive will not appreciate the machine gun.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

DRS ban would be interesting, though I don't know if it's necessary. Digging into the past to see what the meta looked like pre-DRS is fun though. Hey, look! Brad Campbell and Andrew Cavanaugh!

http://www.eternalcentral.com/gencon...ame-breakdown/

DRS ban would basically kill Grixis and Czech Pile. Team America would probably still be around but would need adjustments. With midrange decks taking a hit combo and Miracles would proliferate. The fair decks would become more fair, the combo decks would become more degenerate, Lands deck would lose a big roadblock and get crazy scary, Elves deck would get a little less consistent (maybe), there would be fewer Abrupt Decays, fewer Leovolds, fewer TNNS, more Goyfs, more RUG Delver.

Overall it would be a net positive for Goblins. I think the only big negative change would be a wider array of combo decks to lose to.

Speaking of combo, anyone testing Damping Sphere?

Bonus question: If goblin recruiter were ever unbanned, would it be an auto-include for us?
    Yes

Currently in order to enable the grind plan the deck plays 4x Ringleader to increase the chances of getting a steady flow of cards in the lategame.
    If Recruiter was unbanned the first step I would suggest everybody test is just -2 Ringleader +2 Recruiter.
    Rather than having to jam Ringleaders and hope that they hit, instead you can Recruiter into a stack with Ringleader on the top and next turn just have guaranteed Tidings into 100% gas.
    Then you also get the benefit of lowering your curve and having additional 2 drops which can still be relevant earlygame (in many matchups having a 1R Worldly Tutor for e.g. Sharpshooter, Earwig Squad would be good).

Even if DRS gets banned you can't cut all Tarfires because Shock is still an important tempo play vs Stoneforge and Delver of Secrets
    I don't think the build would change much but Goblins overall probably does become stronger just because DRS enables so many other popular decks that would all become significantly worse

Quote Originally Posted by joaquin View Post
    HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION ALERT:

So let's say deathrite shaman gets the banhammer in legacy. I'm interested in everyone's opinions on a couple things.

1. How will this affect goblins in the legacy metagame?

2. How will the core of the deck change (if at all) as a result?

I'm curious because while deathrite is really bad for us, I wonder if it will increase the number of fast reanimator or other gy combo strategies. I mean I know shaman stonewalls lackey, but we still have tarfires and gempalms to deal with it.

If DRS gets banned (which I'm fairly confident it will be), I think we definitely stop playing 3-4 tarfire. I'd go down to 1-2, mostly just for t1 delver or mother of runes. The card that gains a lot of stock in my mind is rishadan port: cutting colors becomes a lot easier without a deathrite in play. Essentially, we'd probably go back to more "traditional" builds of the deck. The fast reanimator strategies would gain in the short term, but the fair decks would quickly adjust, and if those decks are ever too prevalent we can just play 4x leyline of the void and be totally fine. I think we'd be in a lot better shape overall if DRS eats it. All of our "medium" fair matchups like Grixis Delver and Czech pile probably convert into other tempo or midrange shells that we should be very well positioned against. RUG delver comes back for sure as well I'd imagine, but we can handle that just fine as long as you have a few relics and not a pile of tarfires.

The new Goblin Chainwhirler would also be nice against a hypothetical RUG comeback, killing mongeese in combat for free (3/3 first strike), and killing unthreshed mongeese/unflipped delvers sounds like a great tempo play. Hard to cast though if we want to go back to port though, idk.

Yes, if recruiter got unbanned it's an autoinclude. Shaving ringleaders for recruiter sounds right to me as well, unless we just went full on food chain combo.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Post DRS Goblins MTGO Leagues Only Data

Thoughts on earwig squad in MB right now? I’ve got 3 in my List, I play vs a lot of Combo decks and that’s obviously where he shines but I also haven’t minded him vs control to snipe their Wincons or Terminuses. Anyone else playing them right now??

Quote Originally Posted by Kodieyost View Post
    Thoughts on earwig squad in MB right now? I’ve got 3 in my List, I play vs a lot of Combo decks and that’s obviously where he shines but I also haven’t minded him vs control to snipe their Wincons or Terminuses. Anyone else playing them right now??
    I am playing 1 sideboard. I like Cabal Therapy/Surgical Extraction for the same decks that he's good against. So I play 3 therapy, 2 surgical, and 1 Earwig.

I'm not currently running him.
    He is a great card for sure.
    I just don't want to splash in a deathrite shaman format. The less lands in the graveyard the better in my opinion.
    If you are fine with splashing black I think there is great reason to use him.

I think it's a good card and I play 1 maindeck, 0 SB
    I'm not sure why you would want 3 of it

Some winstigator action to watch on Magic Twich channel, gran prix Seattle day two around 2:00 https://m.twitch.tv/videos/247706904

Congrats to Justin representing the Tribe with a 8-1. I'm curious to know the list and the final placing

Inviato dal mio SM-A320F utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    I think it's a good card and I play 1 maindeck, 0 SB
    I'm not sure why you would want 3 of it

Because the “christmasland curve” of t1 lackey, t2 put warchief into play off trigger and then prowl cast an earwig... well, it’s one of the most powerful things the deck can do vs Storm style decks, and it’s also just a 5/3 beater for 2B. It’s been testing well for me

Because the “christmasland curve” of t1 lackey, t2 put warchief into play off trigger and then prowl cast an earwig... well, it’s one of the most powerful things the deck can do vs Storm style decks, and it’s also just a 5/3 beater for 2B. It’s been testing well for me
    I find that Lackey into Matron into turn 3 Earwig is mostly good enough. The difference of the Earwig being 1 turn slower can be important vs combo, I agree, but I think the card is weak enough in most matchups (especially in multiples because the effect usually has diminishing returns) that 3 is too many to play maindeck, and then in the SB you can play other combo hate cards that are good against more different decks (e.g. Discard or Surgicals) to give you time to find the ESquad. I will say that a vanilla 5/3 for 3 is stronger than I thought it would be a lot of the time, but it still isn't _that_ good.

I also don't think Warchief is very good and only play 0-1 copies so this also factors into the argument if your reasoning is frequent turn 2 Earwigs

The "Christmasland curve" (lol) is fire, I remember few years ago cutting off G or R from Canadian threshold on t2.
    In Some MU earwig squad is our best card but there are great cards to cut in every decks, the good part is they are flexible enough to fight every single strategy in the meta cutting the right cards for every situation.

Can we get the lists that made day 2 pls?

Is there anyone here that streams Goblins on twitch?

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyWuppy View Post
    Is there anyone here that streams Goblins on twitch?

I don’t, but our store in Boston streams weekly events on Brainstorm mtg, and monthly large events. On the YouTube side he has the matches labeled by archetype at fast forward with commentary. Quite a few goblin games there from me and another player

Quote Originally Posted by egoblinsw View Post
    I don’t, but our store in Boston streams weekly events on Brainstorm mtg, and monthly large events. On the YouTube side he has the matches labeled by archetype at fast forward with commentary. Quite a few goblin games there from me and another player
    That's fine =D. As long as it is not through Starcity or Channelfireball I'm fine with it.

@egoblinsw
    interesting, I'll check it out for some goblin action

@legumes
    there was at least 2 guys playing goblin on GPSEA day 2. The one from the camera match is on the fb group "legacy goblin" I'm not sure it is also here on the source.
    The other one was on a classic version of the deck.
    his list: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-0...egacy-goblins/

Quote Originally Posted by egoblinsw View Post
    Is the list with mogg bombers yours? Looks very spicy

Quote Originally Posted by menph View Post
    Is the list with mogg bombers yours? Looks very spicy

Tried it yesterday at my local tournament and killed 2 players with the bombers combo :D
    Burn out maverick with krenko putting 5 tokens and bombers shooting for 15 and killed an opponent for the last 3 damages shooting trough a lot of creatures (goyf, DRS & friends).
    finished 3-1 loosing to eldrazi post (didn't find moons post board) and won vs maverick, shardelss BUG and canadian threshold

Do you have a list menph?

I'm willing to try the bomber, but don't you need to play a playset of mogg war Marshalls with it to full exploit it? (otherwise you really need a krenko in play, or get one in play with haste so you can respond on the trigger, or a siege gang) I guess another option is, to vial in a creature in response to an opponent creature coming in to play and responding on bombers trigger.

Thread Information