Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No more SCG Legacy Classics

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: No more SCG Legacy Classics

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post

Was told to post this here. Legacy in Australia has blossomed over the last 12 months and has become a weekly thing with 20+ players. Not bad for a country with a population of 23 odd million, in a country almost the size of America.

We've started recording matches and doing commentary, we have the podcast going and we'll be trying to organise larger tournaments. Through doing free legal work for the local Greek churches, I will be able to rent halls/spaces for almost nothing and be looking to host larger Legacy tournaments in Melbourne every six months and hopefully around Australia. Because I'm not a magic store I can have 75 proxies if I want and wotc can't do shit about it.

I don't give a fuck about what Cedric Phillips has to say or what any wanky beancounter has to say. Legacy didn't make it this far propped up against the cock of SCG, it made it because of the players.

Suck my dick SCG, I don't give a fuck. Legacy lives on.
    Drop the mic. I'm digging it
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

#Legucci

I really want to open a store now

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Drop the mic. I'm digging it
    I am all for legacy and kebabs.

I don't give a fuck about what Cedric Phillips has to say or what any wanky beancounter has to say. Legacy didn't make it this far propped up against the cock of SCG, it made it because of the players.

Just heard about this, I picked a bad time to start getting serious about Legacy

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

Was told to post this here. Legacy in Australia has blossomed over the last 12 months and has become a weekly thing with 20+ players. Not bad for a country with a population of 23 odd million, in a country almost the size of America.

We've started recording matches and doing commentary, we have the podcast going and we'll be trying to organise larger tournaments. Through doing free legal work for the local Greek churches, I will be able to rent halls/spaces for almost nothing and be looking to host larger Legacy tournaments in Melbourne every six months and hopefully around Australia. Because I'm not a magic store I can have 75 proxies if I want and wotc can't do shit about it.

Suck my dick SCG, I don't give a fuck. Legacy lives on.
    Can I get some links to the podcast/matches? Would love to listen.
    Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by haganbmj View Post
    Can I get some links to the podcast/matches? Would love to listen.
    Our podcast can be found here: thesaltminesite.com

I apologise in advance for how bogan we are.

Our first attempt at doing coverage (very very poorly) is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0u-...SfDF7petbO78-x

Just a forewarning. The commentary is not insightful, nor is it especially interesting. It does showcase how technically bad I am as a player and it also does show my bias against combo decks; the whole reanimator match is me just saying "I hate Reanimator" a million different ways.

Our next attempt will have life-totals, a better camera and a proper overlay. We'll also have decklists which makes coverage much easier. Tldr, take our shitty coverage with many grains of salt.

The podcast and coverage has been a major boost to our scene though; before we were lucky to get 10 for the weeklies. Now we're pushing 25-30 every thursday night. For reference, Standard usually gets about 20 players and modern usually gets about 15.

Also kebabs are sick, many HSP's were had last night:
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Can confirm, Australian podcast is good. (Unbiased opinion...)
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Also kebabs are sick, many HSP's were had last night:
    Is that what the Australian equivalent of Poutine is?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

If the you think of the chips as meat shavings, I guess so. They are fucking bad for you though. Like one of them has enough fat to run a small citys coal fired power plant for a day.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

Our podcast can be found here: thesaltminesite.com

I apologise in advance for how bogan we are.

Our first attempt at doing coverage (very very poorly) is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0u-...SfDF7petbO78-x
    Sweet, thanks for the links. I'll download some episodes and give it a listen over the weekend.
    Streams can only ever improve (well, as long as you care to improve), rock on.
    Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Is that what the Australian equivalent of Poutine is?
    I've never had Poutine before so it's hard to say. It's called a "Halal Snack Pack"... stupid name aside, it's just the kebab meat over chips, with garlic + bbq sauce on top.

As Dice says, they are horrific for you but yolo.

Quote Originally Posted by haganbmj View Post
    Sweet, thanks for the links. I'll download some episodes and give it a listen over the weekend.
    Streams can only ever improve (well, as long as you care to improve), rock on.
    Thankyou! We certainly hope to do better with each attempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

There is so much oil involved that the USA is considering an invasion...
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Thread Information