Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budget Legacy Guide V5

Re: Budget Legacy Guide V5

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post
    Great list. I'd like to suggest to add Affinity. It could be built on a budget as well.
    Working on it! :)

I write articles!
    Squandered Resources:
    Special thanks to Bornnover for the banner used in those articles.

Hi, First of all thank you so much for your outstanding work. I'm pretty new to legacy and people like you make me happy that I got into it, It's such a great community!

I'm just wondering if anyone have an idea about a similar list but for MTGO. I think that the fact that prices are a lot different on MTGO would allow people to try out new strategies online that they could not afford in the meatworld (Bayou being like 7.5tix) and other cards beeing severly overpriced (150 tix for the playset of unmasks ? 10 tix for a Daze???) .

I've picked up BR rea and I'm slowly tunrning it into tin finns (the deck that made me want to play legacy) in the paper world, but since I can't play as often as I'd like, I'd be interessted in a cheapo MTGO deck to play around and sadly, some of the budget option you've created dont translate well in legacy.

Anyway thanks a lot for your time and effort, It's incredibly helful !
    Last edited by Warzim; 03-13-2017 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warzim View Post
    Hi, First of all thank you so much four your outstanding work. I'm pretty new to legacy and people like you make me happy that I got into it, It's such a great community!

I'm just wondering if anyone have an idea about a similar list but for MTGO. I think that the fact that prices are a lot different on MTGO would allow people to try out new strategies online that they could not afford in the meatworld (Bayou being like 7.5tix) and other cards beeing severly overpriced (150 tix for the playset of unmasks ? 10 tix for a Daze???) .

I've picked up BR rea and I'm slowly tunrning it into tin finns (the deck that made me want to play legacy) in the paper world, but since I can't play as often as I'd like, I'd be interessted in a cheapo MTGO deck to play around and sadly, some of the budget option you've created dont translate well in legacy.

Anyway thanks a lot for your time and effort, It's incredibly helpful !
    Hey Warzim! I do not play MTGO, so I'm not really a good person to ask as far online prices and decks go. I don't really know the online meta, so I don't know what would perform well there. I can tell you, though, that all of the decks I present are on MTGgoldfish, which has an option to view the decks based on MTGO prices as well as paper. So, if a deck looks fun to you, click the tab that lets you see its price online, and see if you can afford it!

I write articles!
    Squandered Resources:

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

Hi, First of all thank you so much four your outstanding work. I'm pretty new to legacy and people like you make me happy that I got into it, It's such a great community!

Anyway thanks a lot for your time and effort, It's incredibly helful !
    What is your budget? If you want to go the tin fins route, be warned that goryos vengeance is quite expensive.

Here is what I would do:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/571191#online

Build that list, but put duress for unmask. Also, you can sub extirpate for surgical. That brings the price down quite a bit. Mono black or RBx reanimator would be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by -Spooky- View Post
    Hey Warzim! I do not play MTGO, so I'm not really a good person to ask as far online prices and decks go. I don't really know the online meta, so I don't know what would perform well there. I can tell you, though, that all of the decks I present are on MTGgoldfish, which has an option to view the decks based on MTGO prices as well as paper. So, if a deck looks fun to you, click the tab that lets you see its price online, and see if you can afford it!
    Yeah, I saw that it's really helpfull !

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    What is your budget? If you want to go the tin fins route, be warned that goryos vengeance is quite expensive.

Here is what I would do:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/571191#online

Build that list, but put duress for unmask. Also, you can sub extirpate for surgical. That brings the price down quite a bit. Mono black or RBx reanimator would be cheaper.

Why not good idea thanks! But I'm not necessarily looking to build Tin fins on mtgo since i'm building it in the paper world.

I'm looking for a "not too expensive" competitive to enjoy some leagues.
    I saw manalessdredge and some iteration of Belcher but I find these decks too easily shut down by silverbullets.

I also saw some nic fit variants but is it really competitive?
    I dont have enough experience in legacy and especially on MTGO to make meta calls.

My budget is around 200/300 tix.

Thanks for the help !

Yeah, I saw that it's really helpfull !

Why not good idea thanks! But I'm not necessarily looking to build Tin fins on mtgo since i'm building it in the paper world.

I'm looking for a "not too expensive" competitive to enjoy some leagues.
    I saw manalessdredge and some iteration of Belcher but I find these decks too easily shut down by silverbullets.

I also saw some nic fit variants but is it really competitive?
    I dont have enough experience in legacy and especially on MTGO to make meta calls.

My budget is around 200/300 tix.

Thanks for the help !
    I might be biased, because I play the deck as my main, but the Turbo Depths list in the article is one of the strongest (if not the strongest) list in the whole guide. It's less than 200 tix online, too. the deck got 1st place at Eternal weekend this year, and again, I play it whenever I plan on winning a tournament. It's very strong.

I write articles!
    Squandered Resources:

Quote Originally Posted by -Spooky- View Post
    I might be biased, because I play the deck as my main, but the Turbo Depths list in the article is one of the strongest (if not the strongest) list in the whole guide. It's less than 200 tix online, too. the deck got 1st place at Eternal weekend this year, and again, I play it whenever I plan on winning a tournament. It's very strong.
    Nice thanks a lot !

And what would be the first upgrade you'd do as someone who knows the deck well?

Nice thanks a lot !

And what would be the first upgrade you'd do as someone who knows the deck well?
    The first upgrade would be at least one bayou, then fetches, then finish the land base. Honestly that's pretty much the only major difference from stock lists. You can't run the fetches without at least one dual land, though. You could replace 2 Duress and 2 IoK with 4 Thoughtseize, too, but honestly I think the lands are more important.

I write articles!
    Squandered Resources:

Thread Information