Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legacy in Canada?

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Legacy in Canada?

From the stickied thread and my discussions with people at EW, it seems like Toronto's got a decent Legacy scene going. Can anyone vouch for it / the other Canadian cities?

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Re: Legacy in Canada?

Already planning a move?
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

It pretty decent. Face to face games has FNM Legacy on Fridays that always fires and a Monthly Legacy. 2 other stores (that I know of) in Toronto do a weekly Legacy, Cardboard Classics and Card Masters.

And there are stores that do monthly Legacy or every other month. Right now, I count three GPT for Louisville. I'm hoping for more as I'm going for sure.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Already planning a move?
    Hey, maybe I'm just a big fan of Drake and poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    It pretty decent. Face to face games has FNM Legacy on Fridays that always fires and a Monthly Legacy. 2 other stores (that I know of) in Toronto do a weekly Legacy, Cardboard Classics and Card Masters.

And there are stores that do monthly Legacy or every other month. Right now, I count three GPT for Louisville. I'm hoping for more as I'm going for sure.
    Well that sounds pretty decent to me - about on par with Austin. Cheers!

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Already planning a move?
    What's there to wait for? I live on the Canadian border in Michigan and Canada seems like a better option than jumping off a bridge. I have been planning to get my passport since I've often noticed plenty Legacy events happening right across the bridge. Now I'll just go the extra mile and try to get citizenship. Embarrassed to be a US citizen at this time.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    From the stickied thread and my discussions with people at EW, it seems like Toronto's got a decent Legacy scene going. Can anyone vouch for it / the other Canadian cities?
    Weekly Legacy in Vancouver, the best city on Earth, we're told. ;P

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Second what Wilkin said. Toronto's Legacy scene is vibrant. I've fallen out of the FNM habit but I'll be back.

Jan 2015
    Calgary, AB

Two weeklies in Calgary, and crowd is growing from what I can tell.

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

The Legacy scene in Toronto is great, but I would like to note that you can't just "move to Canada" any more than someone can just "move to America". We're a real country with an immigration system, etc. Unless you're a medical doctor, expect the immigration process to take longer than a presidential term, maybe two.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Update: I'm in Toronto right now after spending the last 3 days in Detroit. This city rocks, though unfortunately all the aforementioned Legacy stores aren't anywhere near where I'm staying (near the CN Tower, or the "Views" building as I keep calling it). Oh well. Thanks for your help everyone.

Dec 2016
    Toronto Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Update: I'm in Toronto right now after spending the last 3 days in Detroit. This city rocks, though unfortunately all the aforementioned Legacy stores aren't anywhere near where I'm staying (near the CN Tower, or the "Views" building as I keep calling it). Oh well. Thanks for your help everyone.
    There is a 1K at FacetoFace Games on this Sunday starting at noon if you can make the commute.
    I tap all 5 of my lands on my turn. He's like....OMG not Shriekmaw. I land Batterskull. He's like. Ok sure. LOL, not very often someone is more happy to see Batterskull then a Shriekmaw.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Cheers. Unfortunately I'm headed back to Texas tomorrow morning, so you'll have 1 fewer shitty tier 3 player available.

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

Legacy tonight at Card Masters. That's where I'll be.

well, I saw this topic in the right moment.....I'm going to Toronto in March. Which stores do legacy tournaments after dinner?

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    well, I saw this topic in the right moment.....I'm going to Toronto in March. Which stores do legacy tournaments after dinner?
    Card Masters has a 7:15 pm start

Quote Originally Posted by Tormod View Post
    Card Masters has a 7:15 pm start
    great, hope to have time to do at least one tournament!

new question guys!
    probably I'll have all my Sundays free. Any tournaments on the weekends @Toronto?

Dec 2016
    Toronto Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    new question guys!
    probably I'll have all my Sundays free. Any tournaments on the weekends @Toronto?
    There is a Legacy 1K tomorrow at F2F starting at noon. (Mar 5th)

A smaller Legacy Side event will be held at the F2F Open (Seneca) with a 0.5K prize pool starting at 2:30 p.m. (Mar 18th)

There is an Eternal Extravaganza Satellite Series at Hairy T North on the 19th with a 1K prize pool and 4 Eternal Extravaganza Door prizes. Starts at 1 p.m. (Mar 19th)
    I tap all 5 of my lands on my turn. He's like....OMG not Shriekmaw. I land Batterskull. He's like. Ok sure. LOL, not very often someone is more happy to see Batterskull then a Shriekmaw.

TY!
    I knew about the EE series, and I will be there for sure. Hope to have Saturday free to go also to F2F, but I dubt.....

Dec 2016
    Toronto Canada

For those living in or visiting Toronto in the near future,

Today Hairy Tarantula announced their Challenge series!
    Visit their website for dates and details!

Dates for Legacy
    July 15
    August 12
    September 2
    October 21
    November 25

In addition Face to Face Games is running a Legacy Showdown on Saturday and Sunday as side events at Grand Prix Toronto. These events will contribute to point totals for the next Ultimate Showdown for those who are interested. For those who are looking for more Legacy Showdowns from Face to Face Games in Toronto the next in store one will be on August 27.

Thread Information