Thread: A few Koth of the Hammer Ulitmate questions

A few Koth of the Hammer Ulitmate questions

Just wondering if someone can help me on the Koth of the Hammer ulitmate....

1. I think I know this one but I want to be sure. So, if you ulitmate Koth are all your basic mountains, basic Snow mountains and mountains that are non-basic (like say from a Blood Moon) able to ping players and/or creatures? I'm pretty sure you can but I want to be certain.

2. If you name "Mountain" with Pithing Needle that should nullify the Ping ability, right?

3. But would naming Mountain with Needle, affect a Badlands (No blood moon is in play)?

Thanks.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: A few Koth of the Hammer Ulitmate questions

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    Just wondering if someone can help me on the Koth of the Hammer ulitmate....

1. I think I know this one but I want to be sure. So, if you ulitmate Koth are all your basic mountains, basic Snow mountains and mountains that are non-basic (like say from a Blood Moon) able to ping players and/or creatures? I'm pretty sure you can but I want to be certain.

2. If you name "Mountain" with Pithing Needle that should nullify the Ping ability, right?

3. But would naming Mountain with Needle, affect a Badlands (No blood moon is in play)?

Thanks.
    Not 100% certain, but I'm gonna go with:

1: yes they are all mountains.
    2: nullify the ping from any actual mountains
    3: wouldn't stop badlands (or any non basic that is a mountain under a moon effect) from pinging.

That's just my interpretation, but I'm not a judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

koth of the hammer pithing needle Bloodmoon

1) Because koth's ultimate doesn't stipulate that it effects a specific type of mountain all "mountains" would count.

2 & 3) Pithing Needle only stops the named card. Any card that has the "mountain" subtype but is not named mountain would still be able to ping. This includes Snow-Covered Mountain as it has a different name than Mountain.

Megadeus was correct in his answers I just wanted to give more in depth reasons.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Belcher
    Delver
    Dredge

When your heart won't beat, your eyes go black
    There's a light in the tunnel and you can't turn back
    Your friends can't save you, your family's gone
    You're waiting on your judgment at the foot of the throne
    Will you beg for some mercy? Will you cop some pleas?
    Will you stand on your own or get down on your knees?
    Will your angels release you from where demons dwell?
    Will you make it into Heaven or go right back to Hell?
    Only time will tell

Oh ok. Thanks guys.

So if a Pithing Needle named Mountain and I had Snow covered Mountains and regular Basic Mountains, only the basic ones would be affected? Hmmmm.....Maybe I should mix mine up a bit if that's the case.

Thread Information