Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost Legacy - drawing cards

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: Lost Legacy - drawing cards

Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I love how you all skip over a post.

I read the card out to them so I already told them what to do.

I'm not reminding them anything, I hate having to repeat myself.

Just like how I'm having to do that now.
    You're shit out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Yes, you have to remind them.

Resolving spells or triggered abilities is not like remembering triggered abilities. You can allow an opponent to forget their own triggers. No one can allow a spell or triggered ability to be resolved incorrectly.

See IPG 2.5 Game Play Error - Game Rule Violation.

If the game is not too far past the point that the GRV occurred, the game is backed up to the point of the error. If the game has progressed too far, the game state is left as is, except:

• State-based actions are applied.
    • If a player made an illegal choice or failed to make a required choice for a permanent on the battlefield, that
    player makes a legal choice.
    • If a player forgot to draw cards, discard cards, or return cards from their hand to another zone, that player
    does so.
    • If an object changing zones is put into the wrong zone, the identity of the object was known to all players,
    and it is within a turn of the error, put the object in the correct zone.

Note specifically the third one. Even if the game cannot be backed up, the player draws the cards when the error is discovered.

Both players would get GRV penalties (not FTMGS) because an illegal action (not drawing cards) was taken by the player who didn't control the card.
    You're not allowed to not remind them, you have to make them draw any card regardless of whether or not you've read them the card.

If you then still don't b/c that particular outcome suits you better, well, you're guilty of the following:

4.8. Unsporting Conduct — Cheating

Definition
    A person breaks a rule defined by the tournament documents, lies to a tournament official, or notices an offense committed in his or her (or a teammate's) match and does not call attention to it. Additionally, the offense must meet the following criteria for it to be considered Cheating:
    •The player must be attempting to gain advantage from his or her action.
    •The player must be aware that he or she is doing something illegal
    The penalty in this case is disqualification.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Re: Lost Legacy - drawing cards

If an effect you control tells your opponent to draw cards and your opponent doesn't draw them, call a judge after you're past the point of the draw - they've committed a GRV and will get a warning. It's no different than them putting their creature in the graveyard when you Path to Exile it.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information