Thread: Loam Control

Loam Control

Hello yaw,
    I have been working on finding a good list for Life from the Loam in modern since Seething song was banned. There has been plenty of iteration over the years and bellow is the current list I have been running:
    Jund Loam
    Lands 24
    Wooded Foothills x4
    Bloodstained Mire x4
    Blood Crypt x2
    Stomping Grounds x2
    Overgrown Tomb x2
    Blackcleave Cliffs x2
    Copperline Gorge x1
    Raging Ravine x1
    Hissing Quagmire x1
    Ghost Quarter x2
    Swamp x1
    Mountain x1
    Forest x1
    Creatures 9
    Grim Flayer x3
    Countryside Crusher x3
    Kitchen Finks x3
    Planeswalker 1
    Garruk Wildspeaker x1
    Enchantments 4
    Molten Vortex x3
    Seismic Assault x1
    Sorcery 13
    Life From the Loam x4
    Faithless Looting x4
    Smallpox x3
    Raven’s Crime x2
    Instant 10
    Lightning Bolt x4
    Abrupt Decay x3
    Grapple with the Past x3
    Sideboard
    Thoughtseize x3
    Necroplasm x2
    Ancient Grudge x2
    Shadow of Doubt x2
    Slaughter Games x2
    Surgical Extraction x1
    Darkblast x1
    Golgari Charm x1
    Crypt Incursion x1

As you can probably tell this list is not very tuned and more of a general list to try out the power level of cards such as Grim Flayer, Grapple with the past and Necroplasm. This list I generally a Loam Control using its creatures to both help full the Loam engine as well as play good defense in aggro matches. With the huge hitting power of the list with a few removal spell with Flayer and Crusher you can close games very quickly when it is required.
    The reason I am posting this list is because I have been playing Grixis Control for the last year ish and I want to start playing some brews again. Any subjection, criticism or even what kind Loam List you run would be awesome and hopefully this Thread can grow both the power of the deck but maybe lead to Loam being a more mainstream and competitive list. Thank you all and can’t wait to hear form everyone.

Jan 2013
    Madison, WI

Re: Loam Control

I've tried a number of loam lists in the past. They were all reasonable, but in the end, they just ended up playing a similar game to Jund while being more reliant on the graveyard. Given that the current metagame has Dredge painted as enemy number 1, I don't think a Loam strategy is well positioned. That said, I certainly feel it's worth exploring with the anticipation of a future metagame shift.

Thread Information