Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Noble BUG

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: Noble BUG

Quote Originally Posted by Zirath View Post
    I also have no problem writing up a new primer for it. I definitely have the time but I would love help. I can start mocking something up since the old primer is pretty outdated anyways.
    Free time isn't something I really have (6 kids, 2 are still babies) so it would probably work better if I helped you, rather than the other way around. Feel free to whip something up and we can work on refining it together, if you want.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    He had 2 Submerge in the SB.
    So he did! Thanks for pointing that out, I'd say this deck is favoured vs Lands for sure then.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Jul 2013
    Texas

http://www.channelfireball.com/video...sultai-legacy/

Looking forward to watching this tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only hang-up on Reid's list is why the island over the Swamp? I've always run the two basics that allow you to Decay a Blood Moon. I don't understand why you would play the island. Anyone have an opinion as to why?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

You are trying to cast double Blue spells. You want something that is safe from Waste.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

You are trying to cast double Blue spells. You want something that is safe from Waste.
    Yeah, it's much more of a UG deck splashing black than any other way around.
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Sure, there are 6 cards you want to cast in the deck that have double blue mana with 8 dorks, all of which produce blue and green, but 4 of which do not produce black.

The question, I suppose, is do you think the Swamp should be there also?

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Sure, there are 6 cards you want to cast in the deck that have double blue mana with 8 dorks, all of which produce blue and green, but 4 of which do not produce black.

The question, I suppose, is do you think the Swamp should be there also?

Sure, and there are just 8 cards needing a single black mana in the maindeck. DRS and the Seas/Bayou facilitate this fine.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I still don't see this deck as being unique enough to warrant it's own thread when it nearly all the elements of the deck have shown up in decks in the Team America (Midrange/Control Thread) at one time or another, if not together.
    100% agree, totaly belongs to the Team America Midrange/Control Thread even if the "Team America" part in this description is dumb...
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    Sure, and there are just 8 cards needing a single black mana in the maindeck. DRS and the Seas/Bayou facilitate this fine.
    I don't think you are understanding my point. Bug lists traditionally get hosed by blood moon. The best way for a bug list to hedge it's bets is to fetch up the two basics that allow you to Decay the Moon, otherwise you just lose. If you don't, your only way to do this is hope you have Decay AND forest AND draw DRS, AND have the land to remove for it left in a graveyard so you may get black that way.

I'm not talking about the basic functionality of the deck, but rather addressing a major weakness.

I put this together last night and promptly crushed Miracles 2-0 in a test game.

As to the TA thread, I would be fine discussing this deck there, though the TA players may be a bit disgruntled.

Mar 2013

I don't know, but running only 3 Decay, maybe it's better to concede a loss to one card and keep your base stable for all other situations.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jul 2013
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    I don't think you are understanding my point. Bug lists traditionally get hosed by blood moon. The best way for a bug list to hedge it's bets is to fetch up the two basics that allow you to Decay the Moon, otherwise you just lose. If you don't, your only way to do this is hope you have Decay AND forest AND draw DRS, AND have the land to remove for it left in a graveyard so you may get black that way.

I'm not talking about the basic functionality of the deck, but rather addressing a major weakness.

I put this together last night and promptly crushed Miracles 2-0 in a test game.

As to the TA thread, I would be fine discussing this deck there, though the TA players may be a bit disgruntled.
    Moon is in 2.2% of maindecks and 8.5% of sideboards. Unless your meta is just swarming with dragon stompy, you're probably OK to dodge it most times. And you have force, daze, etc. Otherwise, pop a couple Krosan Grips in your board and fetch your basic forest early.

Sneak and Show plays it as do some Miracles lists as well as iPainter and Imperial Taxes (magus). I guess I'm the only one who's really worried about it though, so I'll leave it be for now and make my own changes.

My meta has all of those decks in it, so I seem to have more issues than you folks.

Mar 2013

If your really going to worry about it, go to 4 Decay as well. But you have 8 Mana dorks, all who you can cast off a basic. I think most of the time your going to be ok.

I did drop the Cut for a Maelstrom Pulse. You can't completely ignore Eldrazi.

Mar 2013

Watch the vids Reid did. Eldrazi seemed quite ok as is. He often just picked his battles and punched them with TNN.

I have been. I'm still watching, but if he hadn't hit tnn #2 like he did and hide it, that smasher would've been the end of that game. I also try to maintain the idea that perhaps Reid is a bit better than me 😉 and that plays to making a few different choices.

Watch the vids Reid did. Eldrazi seemed quite ok as is. He often just picked his battles and punched them with TNN.
    This is the key to beating traditional beatdown decks with TNN decks. TNN is almost unbeatable since the color combinations can't remove TNN easily, so it either stalls or it's a race. Against a deck like Maverick, they are forced to bring in Zealous Persecution, which can hurt them as well.

I have no clue as to how a ZP cast by a maverick player could possibly hurt said maverick player.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Zirath View Post
    This is the key to beating traditional beatdown decks with TNN decks. TNN is almost unbeatable since the color combinations can't remove TNN easily, so it either stalls or it's a race. Against a deck like Maverick, they are forced to bring in Zealous Persecution, which can hurt them as well.
    Zp gives your dudes +1/+1 and opposing dudes-1/-1 It's not Golgari Charm...
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Thread Information