Page 183 of 208 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 4156

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

With middle man I mean the entire staxx construction. Why bother with small bits and pieces when you can just aim to sac Academy Rector and immediately lock out the game..?

I don't aim to shoot down your build, but why spend a lot of cards on something that can be achieved with just the one..? It just seems so much more efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Yes you are right, I playtest Splendor! Thanks :)!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    With middle man I mean the entire staxx construction. Why bother with small bits and pieces when you can just aim to sac Academy Rector and immediately lock out the game..?

I don't aim to shoot down your build, but why spend a lot of cards on something that can be achieved with just the one..? It just seems so much more efficient.
    That's the entire point that i can't understand about many Rector builds.
    I've played rector fit for the last year, and i've lost very, very, very few games after have resolved a rector trigger. All you need in a rector fit is
    -A good manabase
    -A good engine to filter between cards (in my last builds i was trying a 4c shell just for brainstorm and ponder, because a big chunk of lost games were just because screw/flood)
    -Good response against fast combo deck (your only true bad mu).

Dec 2013

I still run the Evo Leap engine
    DAMMIT ECHELON

I also played the evo engine and it was very nice and successful, but sometimes I see cards like Contamination or Hidden Stockpile and want to try something new ;).

Jan 2018
    Germany/Ingolstadt

Hi Folks,

after a short excursion to the Jund fit, the arena rector hooked me again to play Junk Fit.
    This is what i'am currently testing:

Main
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Crop Rotation
    2 Eldritch Evolution
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Path to Exile
    2 Tendrils of Despair

Creatures
    4 Arena Rector
    1 Atraxa, Praetors' Voice
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Viridian Emissary

Lands
    1 Bayou
    1 Bojuka Bog
    3 Forest
    1 Karakas
    2 Marsh Flats
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Plains
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Swamp
    1 Tropical Island
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    2 Windswept Heath

Artifacts + PW's
    1 Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh
    1 Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
    3 Pernicious Deed
    2 Scroll Rack
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Sideboard
    SB: 2 Diabolic Edict
    SB: 2 Lost Legacy
    SB: 2 Mindbreak Trap
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 Thoughtseize
    SB: 2 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 2 Trinisphere

Seems pretty fair, it is not only an absolutly Rector focused list. Beatdown with creatures is also possible thanks to Atraxa and Sigarda.
    Maybe some choices needs an explanation, cause there are some problems to solve.

You need to find a Rector - draw one, Scroll Rack, Eldritch Evolution

You need to resolve a Rector - Tendrils of Despair, Eldritch Evolution, Cabal Therapy, Phyrexian Tower = 9 cards in total
    Tendrils can hurt the opponent pretty much. Arena Rector into Eldritch Evolution into Atraxa into Nicol Bolas PW/Ugin can close out the game pretty fast.

You want to put back cards that have been drawn, like PW's - Scroll Rack
    Maybe a slightly more blue splash for brainstorm or ponder might be meaningful. So far, the scroll rack is doing quite well.

You need something preboard against combo like Reanimator, Dark Depths, Dredge.... - Crop Rotation
    Crop Rotation never is a dead card, I never want to play without it.

Maybe I have to put the focus even more on the Rector, but then I could also play nyx right now.
    So the deck may play a bit like a Swiss pocket knife.

I would really appreciate suggestions and advice.

Thx in advance

Mike

Hey there, I'm a lurker.

Looking to get into this deck. I'm short bayou, but I have the other dials. Thinking of a bant build for rector splashing black for discard and removal. With tropical island, underground sea, Savannah, Scrubland, and tundra. Do you think something could be viable? Obviously, turn 1 bayou seems to be the strongest, but I don't have that option currently. I'm going to test it out but feel I'll be missing that combination.

Dec 2013

Turn 1 basic usually is the best play... You don't want to open yourself up to a blowout by a well timed Wasteland.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Hi. I like to put 1of Diabolic Intent for "nongren-creature" tutor ;) It also blows your Vet or Rector.

Instead of Scroll Rack, You may try Sylvan Library

EDIT:
    BTW does anyone of You think about "land oriented" nic fit? Especially after seeing Lord Windgrace. Making whole thing about Destructive Flow and rely more on basics and Ramunap Excavator??
    Last edited by Gruby; 07-30-2018 at 02:23 PM.

I play a fairly classic creature based Nic Fit build and Ive been very impressed with vivien reid here.

I actually like it more than Nissa Vital Force now. Vivian Reid does everything I need it to and has been very solid in the deck.

Does anyone here play it?

Dec 2013

Vivian can't defend herself from incoming trafic like Nissa can
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Anyone been going totally planeswalker-less? I like doing insane things, and planeswalkers don't really do that for, like, 15 turns.

I've considered running an OG Garruk, but I really don't like it or any of the others at this stage.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Hi Folks,

This is what i'am currently testing:

2 Tendrils of Despair
    1 Viridian Emissary
    How good are these cards? I have often wondered if the 2 power on Emissary is better than STE. Tendrils of Despair I haven't seen in ages. I tried it in The Gate as additional discard that also works with Persecutor, but I never thought to use it in Nic Fit. Very curious about how well it has performed for you.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Dec 2013

@Ronald Deuce: My fair Junk lists typically are planeswalkerless. I like my stuff to br GSZ'able
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Jan 2018
    Germany/Ingolstadt

@Gruby:

Diabolic Intent might be a solution, maybe I get one squeezed into.
    But library is not a substitute for scroll rack. I want to put back cards allready drawn, like the bolas PW's, cause i can not cast them as normal.
    With Fetch Lands and scroll rack you can dig really deep.

@Mr. Safety:

Virdian works better for me for two reasons
    - you don't have to sacrifice them to get the land, he just has to die. I need good targets for the sacrifice spells, and they must not die in vain. STE with Tendrils, Cabal or Eldritch doesnt work.
    - as a two mana creature it fits perfect for Eldricht Evolution to cheat a Rector onto the table.

Tendrils of Despair is underrated in my opinion. If it is not countered it generates no card disadvantage and it is a safe way to kick you creatures into the graveyard with a nice bonus.
    Loosing two cards can hurt a lot and it only costs one black. Preboard without thoughtseize you need an additional unfair component. Innocent blood, for example, is often a one-sided effect.
    I had already considered Vicious Offering, though instant speed, but two mana. If there is not a creature on the other side, useless.
    Maybe it needs a little more testing, but at the moment for me it works fine.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    @Ronald Deuce: My fair Junk lists typically are planeswalkerless. I like my stuff to br GSZ'able
    Pw's are salt and pepper to me; I sprinkle them in if I can find room. My experience is that Liliana, the Last Hope is fantastic in this deck, really surprised more people don't include her. My only other PW is Nissa, Vital Force, which does a ton of good work as well.

@Valkyrie: I'll probably cut my 1x Birds of Paradise for 1x Viridian Emissary, I think it's better in almost every regard. Tendrils of Despair I might be able to squeeze in x1-2.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Hey.. is anybody still siding Carpet of Flowers? Yep it will be a metacall for U decks (miracles and combos?) but... isn't choke better?

@Gruby:
    Diabolic Intent might be a solution, maybe I get one squeezed into.
    But library is not a substitute for scroll rack. I want to put back cards allready drawn, like the bolas PW's, cause i can not cast them as normal.
    With Fetch Lands and scroll rack you can dig really deep.

It's Usually useless to play more than 1. I played it in JUND list with 2 Lilly otV, 4 PFire and 2 Stormbreaths and SB karakass for big guys ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gruby View Post
    Hey.. is anybody still siding Carpet of Flowers? Yep it will be a metacall for U decks (miracles and combos?) but... isn't choke better?

It's Usually useless to play more than 1. I played it in JUND list with 2 Lilly otV, 4 PFire and 2 Stormbreaths and SB karakass for big guys ;)
    Carpet is better for our gameplan which is to generate mana. The matches where you want Carpet you mostly don't want Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Carpet is better for our gameplan which is to generate mana. The matches where you want Carpet you mostly don't want Vet.
    Agreed that carpet is usually better. I do like carpet sometimes against tempo decks - oft times threshold/delver just dies on the spot if you can just resolve one high-cmc spell. Thragtusk/walker/etc, and sticking an early carpet can enable you to do that. Choke can be a huge blowout against more longer-game stoneblade and miracles lists but does nothing against the tempo stuff. Also I found that smarter blue players for those longer matchups can prepare themselves well against choke. And yea, if you want to remove vets against miracles then you had better have something to add in to cover the loss of mana...missing a couple of turns of land drops against miracles and you might as well just roll over and let them control the game from then on.

Good Evening!
    I have been working on the Rector Fit list since Arena Rector was spoiled. I've played in a few tournaments - I won an 18 person one last night - I have tested the wishless and wish version, and I'm pretty happy with where I am right now. This is what I've been working on:

Creatures: 10
    3 Arena Rector
    3 Academy Rector
    4 Veteran Explorer
    Enchantments: 10
    2 Pernicious Deed
    1 Overwhelming Splendor
    1 Curse of Death's Hold
    3 Oath of Nissa
    2 Porphery Nodes
    1 Leyline of Sanctity
    Planeswalker: 5
    1 Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
    1 Nicol Bolas, God-Pharoh
    1 Ugin, The Spirit Dragon
    1 Karn Liberated
    1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
    Instant/Sorcery: 12
    2 Path to Exile
    4 Living Wish
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Abrupt Decay
    Lands: 23
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Phyrexian Tower
    4 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains

60 Cards

Sideboard: 15
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Path to Exile
    1 Bitterblossom
    2 Reclamation Sage
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Rule of Law
    1 Academy Rector
    1 Arena Rector
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Cavern of Souls

I have some work on the wishboard still. I'm not exactly happy with it - I want an Eidolon of Rhetoric in there and possibly a Containment Priest as wish targets.

I'd love some feedback. Some of the choices are odd - Porphery Nodes has been absolutely outstanding against the abundance of Stoneforge and Delver decks I've seen lately. They provide sac outlets for my creatures as well as stick around for the opponents as well. I even used it as my show and tell card last night and got a Grizzle.

Thanks,
    Shawn

Thread Information