Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
@Bruizar

I hope you are not trolling

Unfortunately we did not get anything good from WotS. Unless the metagame will change significantly.
Concerning the new Nissa. In Nic Fit if you want to play a 5 mana green planeswalker. You play Nissa VF main, if you really want to add another PW you add another Nissa VF. The other viable Green 5 mana PW will be Garruk Primal Hunter in my opinion or if you want to play a pet card, spice up the deck. .
I do not see any other G 5 mana PW worth playing atm.

@grokh

I think if you really have a problem with D&T, Goblins, Elf. It is better to play Massacre Wurm. At least when you hard cast it you win the game on the spot. But Pernicious deed main deck should be sufficient to slow/kill your opponent.

Not trolling.

Comparison
First Ability: +1
VF: +1 5/5 until end of turn, 4 turn clock (5+5+5+5), can be spot removed, limited impact against sweepers, can't defend Nissa while applying pressure, no inevitability.
WSW: +1 3/3 permanently, also vigilance so + 2 mana since you can attack and tap for mana, 3 turn clock (3+6+9), can be spot removed, multiples susceptible to Terminus, also gives you 2 mana back the turn it comes into play like Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, can defend Nissa while applying pressure, inevitability.

My Verdict: Nissa, Who Shakes the World offers more utility, more pressure, more resilience.

Second Ability: -3
VF: A regrowth for a permanent is great, imo especially in conjunction with Pernicious Deed or Eternal Witness.

WSW: Instead of the -3, Nissa, Who Shakes the World has a static ability that immediately ramps into your biggest threats. I consider it a 'static ultimate', or a "0 loyalty emblem" except it won't use up your Planeswalker activation. You will go from 5 mana to 9 mana at least if you miss your 6th land drop, or 11 mana if you hit your 6th land drop.). Thus, you can hardcast, or turn your GSZ into any of these bombs the the turn after:

I believe playing any of the above bombs is usually more powerful than the -3 of Nissa, Vital Force.

Another line of play is this: On 5 lands, you can cast WSW, untap a bayou, play a Veteran Explorer and a Cabal Therapy twice, grab 2 forests and add another GGGG to your mana pool, for instance for Eternal Witness or GSZ for Eternal Witness.

Ultimate
VF: Drawing cards is nice, but slow. It's especially bad if you draws land with your land drops, compared to WSW which draws an arbitrarily large amount of lands and places them onto the battlefield immediately. Extra bonus if you have Tireless Tracker.
WSW: immediately puts all your green duals, forests and dryad arbor in play, and make your army of land creatures indestructible. This massively filters your deck so you draw into business and just skips the grindy long plan of Nissa, Vital Force.

The static abilities of War of the Spark planeswalkers are categorically underestimated and misevaluated. During spoiler season, Nissa Who Shakes the World did not gain much attention since it's not a 'sexy walker' but another 'boring' Nissa. Call it Nissa fatigue. Those who played the prerelease will attest the immensely high power level of this set. I think that it is not me that is sitting on a high horse, but Echelon who dismisses the fourth most popular card of War of the Spark on MCM as unplayable trash because the micro community of Nicfit's discord seems to side with his opinion according to him, while apparently the greater Magic community seems to like the card by now.

These are my arguments. Not saying Vital Force is bad, but I am saying I believe it is outclassed.