Page 194 of 196 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196 LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 3911

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

  1. #3861
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,424

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    I do like the thought of a Natural Order Nic Fit deck. You could run stuff like elvish Piper or that one creature that exerts to put in a green guy plus have new Nissa as a backup to ramp into a huge green sun. It's probably a tribe elder/wood elves variant though. And you need to be sure whatever bomb you're playing is good enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  2. #3862
    Member
    Matsu's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2016
    Location

    Forever dark woods
    Posts

    183

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Eureka isn't necessary, you can build with Rectors alone. That list is only playing 2 Rectors and 2 Eureka, just play 4 Rectors if you're interested in building it. It's slanted much more towards Academy Rector anyways, which is already a known quantity.
    It is. It is a Show and Tell effect in green color. It just help you cheat cards when you draw your big spells. So replacing it with additional rectors is okey. But when you draw Ugin or Splendor and have 4 mana open it is just better to cast Eureka not rector.
    Rector Fit is still a cool deck even having difficulties like that.

  3. #3863

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    It is. It is a Show and Tell effect in green color. It just help you cheat cards when you draw your big spells. So replacing it with additional rectors is okey. But when you draw Ugin or Splendor and have 4 mana open it is just better to cast Eureka not rector.
    Rector Fit is still a cool deck even having difficulties like that.
    I know it doesn't make sense to have a seperate nic fit thread for each color combination.

    However, the Rector Fit lists (w or w/o eureka) are so different from traditional nic fit in so many respects that I really think it would make sense for them to have a seperate thread.

    I really love the idea of Rector Fit and want to build such a deck but the discussion about them gets lost in the noise in this thread.

    Back on topic, this is the Rector Fit list I plan to put together. Does it look good?

    2 Bayou
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Forest
    2 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Plains
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Swamp
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath

    3 Academy Rector
    3 Arena Rector
    4 Veteran Explorer

    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Collective Brutality
    1 Cruel Reality
    1 Curse of Death’s Hold
    1 Curse of Misfortunes
    0 Dovescape
    1 Omniscience
    3 Eureka
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Evolutionary Leap
    4 Living Wish
    1 Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
    1 Overwhelming Splendor
    0 Sandwurm Convergence
    2 Pernicious Deed
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

    SB:
    Standard Wishboard
    Emrakul (if Omniscience is in play)

    Anything you would change about the above list?
    Last edited by Captain Hammer; 05-09-2019 at 12:50 AM.

  4. #3864
    Member
    Matsu's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2016
    Location

    Forever dark woods
    Posts

    183

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    I think even with only 5 green creature it is worth playing at least 2 GSZ.
    If you drop GSZ you might prefer to move to Esper colors and play Brainstorm, ponder, Jace.
    The turn 1 ramp to Arbor or turn 2 ramp with VE is the core of acceleration. if you are afraid of having blank cards try this:
    1 Dryad Arbor
    3 GSZ
    3 VE
    3 Arena rector
    3 Academy rector
    Turn 1 land -> GSZ -> Arbor
    Turn 2 Phyrexian tower -> Rector -> this is a great opening if you know your opponent.
    Also
    Turn 1 land -> CT
    Turn 2 land-> GSZ-> VE -> is still the strongest play, you ramp to 4 lands and trim at least one card from your opponents hand
    If you play 3 or 4 Evo leap
    Turn 1 land-> GSZ -> Arbor
    Turn 2 land-> Evo leap-> End of opponent turn trigger Evo Leap sac Arbor is a great play if you have a follow up.

    You can easily drop Omniscience and 1 living wish.
    Wish is more for silver bullets or if you have part of the lock for example only splendour and you need a big guy to finish the game.
    I also think you should try to play main deck Dovescape. On paper it looks awful. But against any sort of spell heavy decks it is very good, especially against ANT and S&S.
    I am also a huge fan of crop rotation, but Living wish should be sufficient if you have P-Tower/Bojuka bog/Karakas in the sideboard.
    I really like curse of misfortune, but I know many people drop it in favour of more controlling cards.
    Rector into Curse allow you to close the game in 3 turns -> splendour-> death’s hold-> Cruel reality. If you remove it you have to play more conservatively.

    Concerning the PW package It is much easier with Eureka. Because you can turn 2 cheat Ugin, Karn, Bolas into play.
    I am personally not a big fan of this concept. PW are just weak. They are great early game, but the further you play the weaker they become.
    Splendour locks you opponents board. Ugin does not, he is very good against crits decks like Goblins, D&T, Delver, etc, but something is missing. After a board reset you still need to do 20 dmg. I tried an arena rector version of the deck and it is super grindy, because you are missing the final nail in the coffin you still need to Living wish for a creature or play multiple PW to out value your opponent. When Cruel reality on an empty board or even with one or two creature puts an immense pressure on your opponent it is the same with the Wurm Machine.
    But if you want to play PW I think you should go for a more silver build bullet and play superfriend-> Karn Liberated, Ugin, Bolas, Nissa VF, Big Sorin, Big Elspeth, etc
    Also you can try to focus on a new build with 4 Karn the great creature and play Mycosynth lattice on the side and try to disrupt you opponent with CT, VE, Thoughtseize and win with a lock.

    A couple of pages ago I put my old Academy List. You can also check the NicFit Discord. They are more active there and they really try to push some new strategies. I do not always have the time to follow them. But you might find the help you are looking for.

  5. #3865
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    3,964

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    I know it doesn't make sense to have a seperate nic fit thread for each color combination.

    However, the Rector Fit lists (w or w/o eureka) are so different from traditional nic fit in so many respects that I really think it would make sense for them to have a seperate thread.

    I really love the idea of Rector Fit and want to build such a deck but the discussion about them gets lost in the noise in this thread.

    Back on topic, this is the Rector Fit list I plan to put together. Does it look good?

    2 Bayou
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Forest
    2 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Plains
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Swamp
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath

    3 Academy Rector
    3 Arena Rector
    4 Veteran Explorer

    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Collective Brutality
    1 Cruel Reality
    1 Curse of Death’s Hold
    1 Curse of Misfortunes
    0 Dovescape
    1 Omniscience
    3 Eureka
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Evolutionary Leap
    4 Living Wish
    1 Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
    1 Overwhelming Splendor
    0 Sandwurm Convergence
    2 Pernicious Deed
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

    SB:
    Standard Wishboard
    Emrakul (if Omniscience is in play)

    Anything you would change about the above list?
    I would want another 1-2 mana acceleration pieces, but besides that it looks fun as hell!
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  6. #3866

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    I think even with only 5 green creature it is worth playing at least 2 GSZ.
    If you drop GSZ you might prefer to move to Esper colors and play Brainstorm, ponder, Jace.
    The turn 1 ramp to Arbor or turn 2 ramp with VE is the core of acceleration. if you are afraid of having blank cards try this:
    1 Dryad Arbor
    3 GSZ
    3 VE
    3 Arena rector
    3 Academy rector
    Turn 1 land -> GSZ -> Arbor
    Turn 2 Phyrexian tower -> Rector -> this is a great opening if you know your opponent.
    Also
    Turn 1 land -> CT
    Turn 2 land-> GSZ-> VE -> is still the strongest play, you ramp to 4 lands and trim at least one card from your opponents hand
    If you play 3 or 4 Evo leap
    Turn 1 land-> GSZ -> Arbor
    Turn 2 land-> Evo leap-> End of opponent turn trigger Evo Leap sac Arbor is a great play if you have a follow up.

    You can easily drop Omniscience and 1 living wish.
    Wish is more for silver bullets or if you have part of the lock for example only splendour and you need a big guy to finish the game.
    I also think you should try to play main deck Dovescape. On paper it looks awful. But against any sort of spell heavy decks it is very good, especially against ANT and S&S.
    I am also a huge fan of crop rotation, but Living wish should be sufficient if you have P-Tower/Bojuka bog/Karakas in the sideboard.
    I really like curse of misfortune, but I know many people drop it in favour of more controlling cards.
    Rector into Curse allow you to close the game in 3 turns -> splendour-> death’s hold-> Cruel reality. If you remove it you have to play more conservatively.

    Concerning the PW package It is much easier with Eureka. Because you can turn 2 cheat Ugin, Karn, Bolas into play.
    I am personally not a big fan of this concept. PW are just weak. They are great early game, but the further you play the weaker they become.
    Splendour locks you opponents board. Ugin does not, he is very good against crits decks like Goblins, D&T, Delver, etc, but something is missing. After a board reset you still need to do 20 dmg. I tried an arena rector version of the deck and it is super grindy, because you are missing the final nail in the coffin you still need to Living wish for a creature or play multiple PW to out value your opponent. When Cruel reality on an empty board or even with one or two creature puts an immense pressure on your opponent it is the same with the Wurm Machine.
    But if you want to play PW I think you should go for a more silver build bullet and play superfriend-> Karn Liberated, Ugin, Bolas, Nissa VF, Big Sorin, Big Elspeth, etc
    Also you can try to focus on a new build with 4 Karn the great creature and play Mycosynth lattice on the side and try to disrupt you opponent with CT, VE, Thoughtseize and win with a lock.

    A couple of pages ago I put my old Academy List. You can also check the NicFit Discord. They are more active there and they really try to push some new strategies. I do not always have the time to follow them. But you might find the help you are looking for.
    Awesome write up. Thank you for the tips. Will try that out.

  7. #3867

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    I feel like Ensnaring Bridge is solid in Rector Fit lists. Alas there is no room for it is there?

    Do you think Liliana, Dreadhorde General is worth it as a one in Arena Rector Fit lists?

    1. Its easy to hardcast, unlike Nicol Bolas, Dovescape or Omniscience.

    2. All of its abilities synergize well in this deck.

  8. #3868
    The crazy nastyass honey badger

    Join Date

    Dec 2013
    Location

    A desk chair, The Netherlands
    Posts

    1,873

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    It does nothing other planeswalkers don't already do better.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

  9. #3869

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    Im considering trying...
    -3 Eureka
    -2 Collective Brutality
    -1 Evolutionary Leap
    -1 Sylvan Library
    -1 Omniscience

    To add

    1 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Neoform
    2 Incubation Druid
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    0 Thragtusk

    Neoform a Vet Explorer into an Incubation Druid = 8 mana on turn 3 (enough mana to hardcast Ugin or any of the curses without the inherent risk Eureka poses)
    Neoform a Rector into Titania = an enchantment+land+2 5/3s (probably win more but neoform is a decent sac outlet regardless)

    Any 5c creature works in that slot, Gitrog Monster, the boar god, baneslayer, whatever you guys can think of.

  10. #3870

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    With Modern Horizons out in less than a month, it begs the question...

    Is Cabal Therapist worth playing in Rector Fit maindeck? If so, how many copies. It's an additional Cabal Therapy which is a key card in giving this deck a chance about combo or control matchups. It's a one mana sac outlet for Vet Explorer and both the Rectors.

    The only downside I see to Cabal Therapist is that it gives your opponents a target for their creature kill which would otherwise have been dead cards.

    What do you think?


    I know for 100% certain that I will be including a single Cabal Therapist in the sideboard to grab with Living Wish.

  11. #3871
    The crazy nastyass honey badger

    Join Date

    Dec 2013
    Location

    A desk chair, The Netherlands
    Posts

    1,873

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    Too slow. Would've been useful if it said "any mainphase", like Carpet of Flowers. Unfortunately it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

  12. #3872

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    With Modern Horizons out in less than a month, it begs the question...

    Is Cabal Therapist worth playing in Rector Fit maindeck? If so, how many copies. It's an additional Cabal Therapy which is a key card in giving this deck a chance about combo or control matchups. It's a one mana sac outlet for Vet Explorer and both the Rectors.

    The only downside I see to Cabal Therapist is that it gives your opponents a target for their creature kill which would otherwise have been dead cards.

    What do you think?


    I know for 100% certain that I will be including a single Cabal Therapist in the sideboard to grab with Living Wish.
    It’s much too slow. The best case scenario is being able to activate it with another creature on turn 3.

  13. #3873

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    hi all im from spain last week i play this list with top 8 in the tournament
    4 veteran explorer
    4 arena rector
    4 cabal therapy
    3 hymn to tourach
    3 lingering souls
    1 diabolic intent
    2 innocent blood
    2 finale of devastation
    3 pernicious deed
    4 assasins trophy
    2 evolutionary leap
    2 ugin , the spirit dragon
    1 nicol bolas god pharao
    1 lilana the last hope
    1 Gideon the trials
    1 nissa vital force
    2bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 scrubland
    4 verdant catacombs
    4 windswept heath
    1 cavern of souls
    1 phyrexian tower
    3 forest
    3 swamp
    2 plains
    sideboard
    2 massacre
    2 carpet of flowers
    2 thoughtseize
    1 surgical extraction
    3 choke
    2 nihil spellbomb
    1pithing needle
    1 krosan grip

    need opinions for the deck any changes? thanks all

  14. #3874

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit



    Recur Pernicious Deed
    Junk and Stoned Rhinos.

  15. #3875
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    3,964

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    If one were to playtest a Burning Wish package, what would be the cards one would want?

    -Maelstrom Pulse
    -Toxic Deluge
    -Thoughtseize
    -Duress
    -Pyroclasm
    -?????
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  16. #3876

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    If one were to playtest a Burning Wish package, what would be the cards one would want?

    -Maelstrom Pulse
    -Toxic Deluge
    -Thoughtseize
    -Duress
    -Pyroclasm
    -?????
    I've seen: Therapy, Innocent Blood, Subterranean Tremors, Lost Legacy, Toxic Deluge, Slaughter Games, Tsunami, and Pyroclasm. Probably lot of talk about it if you search the thread for Scapeshift. Think it's still the primary Jund nic fit configuration.

  17. #3877
    Member
    Matsu's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2016
    Location

    Forever dark woods
    Posts

    183

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    I think it depends on your metagame. If you have a lot of D&T, Massacre will be better then pyroclasm. If you expect Elves, Goblins and D&T you should stick Pyroclasm and Sub tremors (the x=4 is great against all those artifacts).
    I am less focused on Deluge recently, Not meany eldrazi in my metagame
    Thought seize is better with Wish as you always want to hit
    Duress is stronger in main and keeps your life total, if you have a lot of aggressive decks around, just play IoK.
    You want tsunami against slower decks like Miracles, but might be useful against DelverBlades or just blade decks.
    I am not a fan of Maelstrom pulse especially if you play at least 2/3 copies of Pernicious Deeds.
    In a very diverse metagame i will go with something like that, as it gives the most answers.

    1x Pyroclasm
    1x Cabal Therapy
    1x Sub tremors
    1x Thought Seize/Iok
    1x Tsunami
    1x Innocent Blood
    1x Lost legacy
    1x Slaughter games
    3x Pyroblast
    4x faerie macabre

  18. #3878
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2013
    Location

    Paris, France
    Posts

    453

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    I think it depends on your metagame. If you have a lot of D&T, Massacre will be better then pyroclasm. If you expect Elves, Goblins and D&T you should stick Pyroclasm and Sub tremors (the x=4 is great against all those artifacts).
    I am less focused on Deluge recently, Not meany eldrazi in my metagame
    Thought seize is better with Wish as you always want to hit
    Duress is stronger in main and keeps your life total, if you have a lot of aggressive decks around, just play IoK.
    You want tsunami against slower decks like Miracles, but might be useful against DelverBlades or just blade decks.
    I am not a fan of Maelstrom pulse especially if you play at least 2/3 copies of Pernicious Deeds.
    In a very diverse metagame i will go with something like that, as it gives the most answers.

    1x Pyroclasm
    1x Cabal Therapy
    1x Sub tremors
    1x Thought Seize/Iok
    1x Tsunami
    1x Innocent Blood
    1x Lost legacy
    1x Slaughter games
    3x Pyroblast
    4x faerie macabre
    I like it.
    I wouldn't play Lost Legacy because BB is a killing in Scape variant. SLG is a house but 4 CMC is sometimes evil.
    Sub Tremors doesn't hit flying creatures. I would rather play Sudden Demise if you are looking for that kind of effect. With many Deed in the deck; X=4+ shouldn't be the main reason for playing Sub Tremor.
    But all these cards are more conditional than a pure and simple Toxic Deluge, especially since Scape variants are usually the ones that pack the most lifegain cards.

    Finally, I still think we/you need a catch-all because this SB is a bit too "soft" to PW. Pyroblast does hit Jace, though.

    My two cents,

    Ralf

  19. #3879
    Member
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Gloucester, Maine, USA
    Posts

    3,964

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    Great responses, thanks. I definitely want to put together some sort of Grove/Fires variant in Legacy. Right now I'm playing Punishing Maverick and it's *ok*, but doesn't really tickle my pickle. I've played a good amount of Nic Fit in the past (Junk Rhinos) but that was in the DRS era.

    Is Burning Wish good enough without Scapeshift? I was thinking it allows for a powerful non-blue control variant that has game against combo decks.
    I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous
    who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

  20. #3880
    Salt of the earth
    sdematt's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2009
    Location

    Canada
    Posts

    4,652

    Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Great responses, thanks. I definitely want to put together some sort of Grove/Fires variant in Legacy. Right now I'm playing Punishing Maverick and it's *ok*, but doesn't really tickle my pickle. I've played a good amount of Nic Fit in the past (Junk Rhinos) but that was in the DRS era.

    Is Burning Wish good enough without Scapeshift? I was thinking it allows for a powerful non-blue control variant that has game against combo decks.
    Jund Fit with Grove/Fires seems fine right now, as would just Jund Fires (w/ BBE).
    "I only drink whiskey older than my girlfriends. It's an expensive hobby at either end of the scale, no matter which way you work it. Do you go with an expensive lady, or a smooth drink? It's a real dilemma."

    "I'm your Huckleberry."

    "If it takes more than a day to decide, you'll never decide"

    Apparently John Cox, LordofthePit, Einherjer, Mr. Safety, Imnotbrown, Treefolk Master, and Parax love what I have to say.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)