Page 112 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 4156

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysse95 View Post
    Ranging Raptors 2G seems legit too. 2/3 which allows you to do STE effect each time it took damages (pyroclasme for exemple).

And Arguel's blood fast is a legendary enchant for 1B which allows you to draw a card for 1B+2 lifes. When you have 5 or less life, it becomes a legendary land which give black mana or diamond valley effect (sac a creature to gain life equal to it's thoughness)
    My problem with Ranging Raptors is that we really need our extra ramp to be at the 2-spot, and we really need it to be on-demand. Steve is still the only good enough card for this, imo.

I'm keeping an eye out for enrage stuff that could work with Fiery Confluence. Even against a 1/1, I believe it would be three separate damage triggers. Confluence otherwise is pretty versatile and could work in an aggressive jund build. Generally, enrage sort of is a nonbo with our sacrifice engine - typically can't deal damage to a critter + sac to Therapy/Tower for instance.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Tomorrow night (Friday), starting at 7pm EST and running until midnight, my friend Bryant Cook of TES fame is going to be running a charity stream for hurricane relief -- figured I would plug that here in case anyone is free to watch / donate.

https://www.twitch.tv/bcook3289

Dec 2016
    California

Carnage Tyrant
    Regisaur Alpha
    Ranging Raptor

My inner 6 year old wants Dino Fit to be a thing so much

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    My problem with Ranging Raptors is that we really need our extra ramp to be at the 2-spot, and we really need it to be on-demand. Steve is still the only good enough card for this, imo.
    I would argue that Nissa, Vastwood Seer is good enough in the 3 slot (especially with the PW rule change), but in general I agree with you. Steve just barely makes the cut in my opinion. I think you generally need a pretty good reason to be using 2 CC ramp over more Deathrite Shamans, at least until you max out on DRS.

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    I'm keeping an eye out for enrage stuff that could work with Fiery Confluence. Even against a 1/1, I believe it would be three separate damage triggers. Confluence otherwise is pretty versatile and could work in an aggressive jund build. Generally, enrage sort of is a nonbo with our sacrifice engine - typically can't deal damage to a critter + sac to Therapy/Tower for instance.
    I'm seeing enrage as just another form of evasion, or perhaps an incentive for the opponent to not attack. I don't expect that it will be all that great for us, but the right card could come along.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    I would argue that Nissa, Vastwood Seer is good enough in the 3 slot (especially with the PW rule change), but in general I agree with you. Steve just barely makes the cut in my opinion. I think you generally need a pretty good reason to be using 2 CC ramp over more Deathrite Shamans, at least until you max out on DRS.
    Sure, but I don't view Nissa as ramp so much as card advantage. /shrug. Semantics.

I don't view DRS as ramp because it's fragile and unreliable. Sometimes they have one active first. Sometimes there isn't a fetch to eat. It happens. I would much rather play a card that pulls a land out of my deck as a trigger or ability that I have some amount of control over. You don't have much control over Vet, but it's way too powerful not to play -- so for a 'backup' to Vet, I would def like something that, like Steve, I 100% know I'm getting the land from (barring counters/stifles/etc).

DRS is a fantastic source of ramp. Steve changes everything because he's 2 mana. He changes your curve from 1-3-4 to 1-2-4. That's a huge difference because in the first 3 turns you go from 8 mana to spend to 7 mana to spend, and you go from 1 mana spent on ramp to 2. That's the difference between having 5 and 7 mana to advance your board over the first 3 turns. That's a 40% difference in resources. On top of that, when you have excess mana, DRS can convert it into other resources. STE offers no resource conversion, and resource conversion is a huge deal for any viable ramp card.

Has someone actually tried running Nissa, Steward of Elements in a BUG shell?? I know there has been some speculation, but with the changes in PW rules now we will be able to run her alongside Nissa, Vital Force which is pretty huge to this deck.

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    You can run Desert!

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Alrighty, here goes.

Ranging Raptors: Too conditional, too slow for the ramp slot. We don't play Wood Elves either, now do we? And that card will get you a land for sure.
    Arguel's Blood Fast: Pay 1 mana more and you get Phyrexian Arena, which frees up your mana (allowing you to actually play the cards you draw) and costs less life. And then there's Tireless Tracker, which is GSZ-able, able to steal games solo, soaks up just as much mana but does not cost you life.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Enrage is a cool mechanic and black/red offer a lot of tools to activate it. Plague Spitter, Crypt Rats, Pestilence effects, Pyroclasm and whatnot. You would have to warp the deck around it a little bit, but it might be feasible to add a couple one-of Enrage dinos as green-sun targets, along with, for example, a trio of Plague Spitters which are not awful on their own.

Might all be Christmas land though. We have wiggle room to play bigger cards with Nic Fit so it's worth trying, but could
    be too much trouble for too little value.

None of the Enrage dinosaurs have triggers that are interesting enough to be useful as of yet. The best Enrage enabler we have available is probably Walking Ballista, which implies either Recruiter or Ranger of Eos, so we're probably in Abzan colours. If there is a pushed green or green/white dinosaur with a solid Enrage trigger then it would potentially be worth looking at, but until that happens I'd be more interested in Regisaur and Carnage Tyrant as straight up beaters as far as stuff from the new set goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lueseto View Post
    Has someone actually tried running Nissa, Steward of Elements in a BUG shell?? I know there has been some speculation, but with the changes in PW rules now we will be able to run her alongside Nissa, Vital Force which is pretty huge to this deck.
    Not yet. I think she's a key to making BUG work, but figuring all the numbers out is hard. At issue, is the minus ability consistently hitting, and the fact that adding lots of non lands/creatures waters that ability down. It makes it hard to get things right in a deck that plays Therapy and GSZ, and presumably Force of Will if you're going out of your way for blue cards. I think flip walkers are the key to making it work and that it would be more of a superfriends deck. I'm not entirely convinced that Nic Fit is the proper shell... GSZ would be extremely weak, and the flip walkers don't play well with our normal creature base.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

https://i.redd.it/vujb91qyhokz.jpg

Annnnnd Vraska is trash. Why do I ever hope for anything good in GB from WotC -_-

Vraska costs 6, but she's the best 6CMC walker in nonwhite colours. Being two Vindicates is nice. On a clear board she ticks up twice and then ults for lethal unless they have 4+ blockers. 8 loyalty is a lot on the turn she comes down.

6 is however a lot of mana. If I was gonna put a non zenithable six drop in my deck this would probably be it, but whether it's worth playing or not I don't know. Wouldn't run her in white, but elsewhere she's worth consideration at least.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    Vraska costs 6, but she's the best 6CMC walker in nonwhite colours. Being two Vindicates is nice. On a clear board she ticks up twice and then ults for lethal unless they have 4+ blockers. 8 loyalty is a lot on the turn she comes down.

6 is however a lot of mana. If I was gonna put a non zenithable six drop in my deck this would probably be it, but whether it's worth playing or not I don't know. Wouldn't run her in white, but elsewhere she's worth consideration at least.
    She doesn't kill walkers, which is huge. It's amusing that her -3 hits Deed card types, nice call back -- but it's unfortunate that they didn't push her just a bit more and make it -X: deed for X.

I also don't know that I agree for red. Chandra, Flamecaller is much more powerful at 6 mana, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post

I agree that she's not horrible, but I think the competition is with Grave Titan. I would rather have Grave Titan than this.

She doesn't kill walkers, which is huge. It's amusing that her -3 hits Deed card types, nice call back -- but it's unfortunate that they didn't push her just a bit more and make it -X: deed for X.

I also don't know that I agree for red. Chandra, Flamecaller is much more powerful at 6 mana, imo.
    Chandra is also a third color, which is a bigger deal than most people think.

Being able to kill angler and survive is nice. Chandra has the same downside as Nissa - if your opponent kills your walker (Pulse, Council's Judgment, etc) you come out of it with no board position, where Vraska's tokens stick around. 8 loyalty is also a lot - a TNN will have real trouble killing her and can't race her unless you're already low on life.

Not killing walkers is a bit awkward, but her tokens are hard to block and she probably wins the fight against any other walker so it's not the end of the world. Menace is sweet.

Even 3 loyalty after killing something is a lot.

Thread Information