Page 199 of 208 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 4156

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

If no one else is gonna, I'll bring it up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Oh, we know about it

It's at least getting tested.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

The value of that card is quite simply put, absurd. I'll say it again: I don't think you need a 3rd color for Nic Fit currently. There is enough value added recently that allows for a stable GB manabase (Yawgmoth, Plague Engineer, Elvish Reclaimer, now Questing Beast.)
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

The power level here seems quite good. Not being uncounterable is obviously poop, and not having hexproof is poop, but for the 4-mana guys who don't have either of those abilities, he seems pretty okay.

Vigilance, Deathtouch, and Haste - amazing if not countered. Being able to crack-back on a Jace is never a bad thing. It's likely not as good as Nissa's ability since that 5/5 can kill the Jace, but still...you can hit them, and then crack Jace. Vigilance means you're holding up a lovely blocker. Love it.

Can't be blocked by creatures power 2 or less: Not getting chumped by Baleful strix, Archanist, most of DnT, Pyromancer tokens, Zombie tokens, etc. etc. etc. You're going to be going toe-toe-toe with flipped Delvers, Anglers, TNN's, Goyfs, Eldrazi, etc.

Combat Damage...: So, as I understand this, this is turning off opposing creatures' protections, for the most part. This is pretty darn good because it means that all your creatures are live against Mother of Runes, Giver of Runes, and more importantly, TNN. So, your 1/1's can kill TNN...

So, overall, the card seems great on its own in addition to being part of a team. I'm going to try as a 2-of.

-Matt

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

So in case you're going to say, "but this card just dies to STP/Fatal Push/Assassin's Trophy," you aren't wrong, but that doesn't mean it's a bad card. They still have to try and remove your other creatures as well.

I think if you're going for a BG Grind value Nic Fit, I think there's an easy shell in something LIKE the following:

4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Reclamation Sage-type card
    1 Tireless Tracker
    1 Meren of Clan Tel-Noth
    1 Yawgmoth, Thran Physician
    2 Questing Beast
    1 Shifting Ceratops
    1 Deep Woods Hermit (or whatever the new guy is called, token generation)
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Grave Titan

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Once Upon a Time
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Assassin's Trophy
    2 Pernicious Deed
    1 Garruk Relentless
    2 Liliana, the Last Hope

4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Prismatic Vista
    2 Wooded Foothills
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    3 Swamp
    4 Forest
    4 Bayou

Obviously with room for spicier black cards, maybe like Plague Engineer, etc.

There was a guy at locals a couple of weeks ago playing a version of the deck with Urza's Bauble because it helps to peep your opponent's hand with therapy.
    It also has synergy with Glissa the Traitor and helps with Delirium for Ishkanah (instead of whatever Hermit) and Traverse.
    Crop Rotation seems really good at the moment with Depths being a significant part of the meta and because this deck can play so many legends itself now (Meren/Ishkanah/Yawgmoth/Beast/Glissa), Karakas is also really good just as a defensive tool.
    Traverse also can act a bit like a Crop Rotation if needed, while not being vulnerable to countermagic and searching for any creature.

It seems like a reasonable place to start a list.
    The player I refer to was using Living Wish instead of Traverse but I think 2 mana vs 1 is a big difference and the utility of a wishboard is somewhat diminished when your deck already has GSZ in it

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I always liked Crop Rotation for getting Phyrexian Tower alone, but I also had karakas main and Bog sideboard. I played 2 in Rhino fit back in the days of DRS.

I think another card that really deserves a slot in Nic Fit, at least one if not more, is Elvish Reclaimer. It's another t1-2 play that can set up a t2-3 Tower/Karakas/Bog.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Lol fantastic
    I had the idea of Brooding Saurian and that's almost the same thing (worse in the case that if you try to Claw for Guardian Beast it's "too late" for the control-holding effect to work, but otherwise it has the upside of protecting your Claws and other Karn-fetchable artifacts from decay and stuff)

That’s just fucking beyond awesome.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Get your Guardian Beasts now! ;)

Luckily there are white and blue replacements.. Padeem and hmm

Thanks!, It was an idea I got when driving back from work (Guardian Beast is my petcard, the interaction is similar to Chaos Orb in Oldschool), build it in 10 mins, 5-0ed the first league I played it in, the other like 3 weren't that hot... the deck feels underpowered vs. Tundra+Walkers, inconsistent against fast combo, which both seem symptomatic to the archetype, but 99,9% what I've played in last 7 years was on Storm so what do I know... I might build it in paper randomly for fun but not gonna work on it online, I was just surprised ppl do not try building with Wishclaw more, did not see the Beast interaction before, so wanted to try it out...

Quote Originally Posted by pettdan View Post
    Get your Guardian Beasts now! ;)

Luckily there are white and blue replacements.. Padeem and hmm
    The point of the Beast is you keep the Wishclaw Talisman, building around it in paper can be quite challenging though
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post

Well, Guardian Beast is extremely narrow in Legacy. This is likely the only home it has. So shelling out 300 bucks a piece is a lot.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshthedark View Post
    Thanks!, It was an idea I got when driving back from work (Guardian Beast is my petcard, the interaction is similar to Chaos Orb in Oldschool), build it in 10 mins, 5-0ed the first league I played it in, the other like 3 weren't that hot... the deck feels underpowered vs. Tundra+Walkers, inconsistent against fast combo, which both seem symptomatic to the archetype, but 99,9% what I've played in last 7 years was on Storm so what do I know... I might build it in paper randomly for fun but not gonna work on it online, I was just surprised ppl do not try building with Wishclaw more, did not see the Beast interaction before, so wanted to try it out...

The point of the Beast is you keep the Wishclaw Talisman, building around it in paper can be quite challenging though
    needs more chalice :)
    -rob

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I was just surprised ppl do not try building with Wishclaw more, did not see the Beast interaction before, so wanted to try it out...
    People are simply not aware of the card since it's so old, obscure and expensive (in Paper).

Some kind of Demon Stompy variant might also be a home for the combo, especially as Guardian Beast protects lock pieces like Chalice or 3sphere.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Thanks for pointing that out, in my head it was just a weak Padeem. I actually re-read yesterday it but didn't realize that interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    Well, Guardian Beast is extremely narrow in Legacy. This is likely the only home it has. So shelling out 300 bucks a piece is a lot.
    I was being ironic (hmm probably wasn't even directed at me but whatever), but I'm well aware irony doesn't translate well over public forums or more specifically between people who haven't actually met and now how they like to be ironic. It's funny though because most of my friends don't realize when I'm being ironic so I usually end up explaining that I'm joking quite a lot.. ;) I've been looking at acquiring Guardian Beast since it was about 100-150€ and sadly it didn't drop but kept going up. It has such a nice illustration..

Quote Originally Posted by pettdan View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out, in my head it was just a weak Padeem. I actually re-read yesterday it but didn't realize that interaction.

I was being ironic (hmm probably wasn't even directed at me but whatever), but I'm well aware irony doesn't translate well over public forums or more specifically between people who haven't actually met and now how they like to be ironic. It's funny though because most of my friends don't realize when I'm being ironic so I usually end up explaining that I'm joking quite a lot.. ;) I've been looking at acquiring Guardian Beast since it was about 100-150€ and sadly it didn't drop but kept going up. It has such a nice illustration..
    I think in the right deck it's perfectly fine. I think this is the only right deck for it, though. What I was just inferring is that if someone wants to play it in paper, they're going to have to shell out a lot for them where there's really only a single deck (this one, I guess) that it really works in.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    I think in the right deck it's perfectly fine. I think this is the only right deck for it, though. What I was just inferring is that if someone wants to play it in paper, they're going to have to shell out a lot for them where there's really only a single deck (this one, I guess) that it really works in.
    Well, people have tried it in UB Tezz and I have dreams about a horrible RB Painter deck that would use it along with Wishclaw Talisman. But that price tag in paper! Regrettably I only own 1.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Well, people have tried it in UB Tezz and I have dreams about a horrible RB Painter deck that would use it along with Wishclaw Talisman. But that price tag in paper! Regrettably I only own 1.
    I think there might be a good painter deck for Wishclaw, I'm just dont want to torch more tix on modo, not sure about the Beast though both cards need some sort of acceleration, so a Stompy/Eldrazi Shell might work with a light B splash for both, I do have 3 Beasts so if I ever happen to run the 5-0 list IRL it I'll post here
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post

Anyone having success with Once upon a time. Finding a vet explorer turn 1 consistently for 0 mana seems good.

Thread Information