Page 64 of 209 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 4171

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post
    EDIT: Has anyone tried Infernal Plunge? That fills all the requirements for the sac card, while getting you to 6 mana T2. That happens to be the magic number for Titans and other goodies. The SneakAttack version could hit for lethal T2 with that mana as well.
    Culling the Weak is where you want to be for that sort of thing. It's not particularly good, though:

- Awful topdeck
    - Need both Plunge and Explorer in opener - Zenithing Explorer still puts us a turn behind, at which point it's hardly better than Therapy
    - Need big payoff card in hand - three card combo is not easy to assemble (4 if we're going for Sneak - Fatty), especially without filtering
    - Doesn't actually win us the game
    - Phyrexian Tower does similar thing, repeatably, in a land slot
    - Always a 2 for 0, if we use it to ritual out a threat and it gets Forced the opponent is still up in cards.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    stuff about Plunge being bad
    Ah Culling! I thought I remembered a card like that but didn't have time to look it up.

These are all excellent points. Crop Rotation can enable anti-combo interaction, protect your manabase, and still get you to 5 mana, etc. and natural Tower is quite nice, while the cards that require you to sac to be effective have only a single use.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    I love the idea of Crop Rotations, but apart from Bojuka Bog I don't own any worthy CR targets. And then there's the ever present question of in what available space to put them.
    You don't? Phyrexian Tower is a pretty damn good CR target (probably the best one). Stronghold is good too. That's the great thing about CR, you don't need to go out of your way for it. Bog and the Two Towers are already enough on their own.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    :-( true, i have been pondering on the PFire list, but it feels that the grind has been taken out of the grind. Currently i have been looking at a slightly different approach that is a bit more lands heavy.
    Not all really new elements, rather just a mash-up from what was already there. Mostly i was looking for that synergy between Meren/Arbor/Tracker/Courser/Titania coupled with some ways to finish that game.
    All in all i believe PFire lists NEED Liliana of the Veil to add some missing reach. Heres the list for reference (no board, since that's always fluid).
    Also in here i was looking for Crop Rotation, but i couldn't find any more room...

1x Dryad Arbor
    4x Veteran Explorer
    1x Deathrite Shaman
    1x Scavenging Ooze
    1x Eternal Witness
    1x Tireless Tracker
    1x Courser of Kruphix
    1x Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1x Huntmaster of the Fells
    1x Thrun, the Last Troll
    1x Thragtusk
    1x Titania, Protector of Argoth
    1x Primeval Titan
    4x Green Sun's Zenith
    2x Sylvan Library
    4x Cabal Therapy
    3x Pernicious Deed
    2x Abrupt Decay
    3x Punishing Fire
    3x Liliana of the Veil
    1x Nissa, Vital Force
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    2x Wooded Foothills
    1x Bloodstained Mire
    3x Forest
    2x Swamp
    1x Mountain
    2x Bayou
    1x Taiga
    1x Badlands
    3x Grove of the Burnwillows
    1x Volrath's Stronghold
    1x Phyrexian Tower
    1x Kessig Wolf Run
    I have tried to play with Titania, Protector of Argoth in P.F Jund before. The biggest issue is that you have to little fetchlands. It was often Tiania comes in to play with no lands in the graveyard. Then I have a 5/3 for 5 vanlia. That was baaad. The list I played had 4 Grove of the Burnwillows and less fetchlands so it maybe can work.

I think Meren of Clan Nel Totn and Thrun, the Last Troll is better now when Terminus is gone. If BUG becomes pouplar then Meren of Clan Nel Totn will be really good. Thrun smash Delver decks with counter spells.

3 unitly lands is one too much. Either have Kessig Wolf Run or Volrath's Stronghold. I have been more impress with Kessig when I have play with it. Veteran Explorer becomes a threat with Wolf run!

I want one more Tracker and Huntmaster in main.

Other then that I like the list :)
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan-784 View Post
    I had been thinking about Nissa Vital Force for a while. She seems really powerful against control decks, but a bit weak against aggro. She puts a fast clock against combo decks too, but it's the same for any of our fat guys. I'm not 100% on it.
    Without Terminus to deal with, I think Nissa, Vital Force gets a lot worse. I actually don't like her against combo because most combo decks have a bunch of basic lands, so I would rather not pop an Explorer against them, which means you can't cast Nissa in a timely fashion. She's great against control, but until a new control deck surfaces, I'm not really convinced she's needed. That was a big factor in my deciding to try out a SFM build right now.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Is there a reason why BUG lists don't seem to run Leovold?

At the very least, he seems like a great GSZ target.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

I checked back a few pages since I know at least I posted one. There are lists in posts 1155 and 1178 including Leovold.

I'm at 3 Trackers, 1 Leovold in my list. Leovold currently hasn't shined that much, but I'm only in my 2nd or so league with him.

Card is pretty expensive right now, might be a reason people are reluctant to try him.

I think there's a few reasons:
    1. Leovold is kind of pricey right now, I know that's my reason for not picking him up.
    2. The lands to run him are pretty pricey too. I've got a barebones set of duals for this right now, but many don't.
    3. We don't actually need him. In a go big style build I like him, as a way to protect 4+ drops. But a lot of BUG lists have been following the SE approach of smaller curves, in which case Trackers just generate more value as your 3 drop. No one has managed to crack the blue puzzle yet. I think a lot of this has to do with FoW. Without FoW, the power of blue drops significantly. But Nic Fit already has Therapy+GSZ taking up all the spell slots that FoW could have. So even when going blue, you miss the most important part of the card. Then the rest of the blue plan has issues. Cantrips lower the lands in the deck, and for a deck that wants a lot of lands to Crop Rotation for, this actually hurts us.

I know I'm pretty negative on BUG in general (though I really do want to make it work), but the fundamental things blue do, seem to clash a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    I'm at 3 Trackers, 1 Leovold in my list. Leovold currently hasn't shined that much, but I'm only in my 2nd or so league with him.

Card is pretty expensive right now, might be a reason people are reluctant to try him.
    Any thoughts on trying the 4 Tracker+Oboro plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Any thoughts on trying the 4 Tracker+Oboro plan?
    I mean, it's cool I guess. I've been on 4 Trackers before and honestly I wouldn't think that the small hit in mana consistency with Oboro is really better than just having 9 fetches. Right now I'm at 21 lands with a single Stronghold and getting early land sequencing just perfect can be a struggle sometimes. Fetches are best with Tracker since you can guarantee two clues right off the bat. Plus I'm running 3 Brainstorm and 3 Jace, so shuffling is always good. Usually an unchecked Tracker over just a few turns of normal land drops is enough to pull you pretty far ahead.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    You don't? Phyrexian Tower is a pretty damn good CR target (probably the best one). Stronghold is good too. That's the great thing about CR, you don't need to go out of your way for it. Bog and the Two Towers are already enough on their own.
    Interesting... I guess I have some thinking to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Mar 2007
    RI

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    Also curious which matchup is the Treetop for?
    I'm also curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TPDMC

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Personally, I often ran a couple man lands with PTitan just because it made him more a GSZ-version of the Grave Titan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Mar 2007
    RI

[Primer] Nic Fit

Sure, but in that SE list Treetop Village a sb card in a shell w/o Primeval Titan, fetchable via Crop Rotation.

TPDMC

Quote Originally Posted by from Cairo View Post
    I'm also curious.

Anything attrition based.

Aug 2014
    Central New York

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post

I can't justify his paper price. He's a "maybe" card in the decks I run. I think Nic Fit just ramps bigger tbh.

Sep 2012
    Hartford CT

Playing a charity tournament on Saturday with the following:

4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Fierce Empath
    1 Tireless Tracker
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Inferno Titan
    1 Woodland Bellower
    1 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Toxic Deluge
    3 Night's Whisper
    2 Diabolic Intent
    2 Lightning Bolt

2 Pernicious Deed
    4 Sneak Attack

4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Wooded Foothills
    1 Dryad Arbor
    3 Bayou
    2 Taiga
    2 Badlands
    3 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Mountain
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    1 Phyrexian Tower

sb::
    1 Reclamation Sage
    2 Lost Legacy
    1 To the Slaughter
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Blood Moon
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 Engineered Plague
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Surgical Extraction

Haven't gotten to play as much lately so I don't have a ton of reps in but I feel fairly happy with this list. Impressions from my testing:
    -Dryad Arbor is really good in this list. Better than in previous builds. Zenith for 0 is a turn 1 play that we have fewer of without Top, fetching into Therapy to resolve a Sneak is great, and it has great synergy with Intent.
    -Intent is one of the higher-variance pieces of the list but I think 1 is needed, 2 remains to be seen but it helps tie the room together.
    -Meren is a lot better now than she used to be.
    -List is very much not final but it has legs and we're running with it.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    I have tried to play with Titania, Protector of Argoth in P.F Jund before. The biggest issue is that you have to little fetchlands. It was often Tiania comes in to play with no lands in the graveyard. Then I have a 5/3 for 5 vanlia. That was baaad. The list I played had 4 Grove of the Burnwillows and less fetchlands so it maybe can work.

I think Meren of Clan Nel Totn and Thrun, the Last Troll is better now when Terminus is gone. If BUG becomes pouplar then Meren of Clan Nel Totn will be really good. Thrun smash Delver decks with counter spells.

3 unitly lands is one too much. Either have Kessig Wolf Run or Volrath's Stronghold. I have been more impress with Kessig when I have play with it. Veteran Explorer becomes a threat with Wolf run!

I want one more Tracker and Huntmaster in main.

Other then that I like the list :)
    Following your comment, this is what we get:

1x Dryad Arbor
    4x Veteran Explorer
    1x Deathrite Shaman
    1x Scavenging Ooze
    1x Eternal Witness
    1x Courser of Kruphix
    2x Tireless Tracker
    2x Huntmaster of the Fells
    1x Thrun, the Last Troll
    1x Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1x Thragtusk
    1x Primeval Titan
    4x Green Sun's Zenith
    2x Sylvan Library
    4x Cabal Therapy
    3x Pernicious Deed
    2x Abrupt Decay
    3x Punishing Fire
    3x Liliana of the Veil
    1x Nissa, Vital Force
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    2x Wooded Foothills
    1x Bloodstained Mire
    3x Forest
    2x Swamp
    1x Mountain
    2x Bayou
    1x Taiga
    1x Badlands
    1x Kessig Wolf Run
    1x Phyrexian Tower
    3x Grove of the Burnwillows
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Did some testing with new Nissa. She seems reasonable if you're playing a creature heavy build that can protect her. Made her for 3 on turn 4 and user her +0 each turn, slamming SFM - miss - miss - Tracker which seems fine considering I wasn't manipulating my topdeck at all. I think you want 40+ creatures and lands before she goes in, probably with JTMS to support her.

Thread Information