Page 101 of 208 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 4155

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton! View Post
    Since I can not get Sneak Fit to work, i was tinkering with straigth GB. Surprisingly good i believe. Very fast and able to operate on very few mana if needed

21 Land( 1Arbor, 2 Tower, 1 Stronghold)

4 Deathrite
    4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Tireless Tracker
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Meren

3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Collective Brutality
    2 Diabolic Edict
    1 Deed
    1 Toxic Deluge

4 Green Sun`s Zenith

2 Nissa, Vital Force
    1 Liliana, the last hope

S:

3 Surgicals
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Lost Legacy
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    2 Obstinate Baloth

Anyone else had the same ideas?
    You're running similar to what I run. I suggest using 4 Lost Legacy, and another 4 drop. Liliana hasn't impressed me, and you likely want more land. Consider the Crop Rotation package.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    Since a few days I am experimanting with Bone Picker. I also endet in a streigt GB Nic Fit list with Bone Picker.
    Very often you get him for B through Cabal therapy and Veteran Explorer. 3/2 Flying deathtouch is a house!

Liliana, Heretical Healer is also an idea in this deck!
    Too much removal in Legacy is exile based for dies triggers to be reliable. Keep that in mind with Liliana.

Another 4 drop? What would it be? Thrun, Master of the wild Hunt? A planeswalker?

2 4Drops
    2 5Drops
    That would be the max of you are running confis i think. Grim Flayer. Is that a Card? I believe he does not make the cut. Has anyone testet hin?

Crop Rotation package is the DD-Combo?

Another 4 drop? What would it be? Thrun, Master of the wild Hunt? A planeswalker?

2 4Drops
    2 5Drops
    That would be the max of you are running confis i think. Grim Flayer. Is that a Card? I believe he does not make the cut. Has anyone testet hin?

Crop Rotation package is the DD-Combo?
    By 4 drop, I mean a 4 drop creature. Use it in place of the second Nissa. Your removal count is lacking too, so I would suggest Master of the Wild Hunt, it's slow but it is CA and removal and tutorable.

The Crop Rotation package varies, but at a minimum it includes a Phyrexian Tower and Volrath's Stronghold. Anything else is up to you, but I'm a fan of a Bojuka Bog and a Karakas or Maze of Ith.

Grim Flayer isn't playable in Legacy, DRS does too much damage to it. I've been trying hard to get Delirium to work... but it's not easy without including Dredge cards, and if you're doing that, you're optimally just a totally different deck.

Here's the 76 I'm playing (starting next week I should hopefully be back to regularly playing Legacy)
    Land 24
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    3 Bayou
    5 Forest
    2 Swamp
    1 Dryad Arbor
    2 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Karakas

Creatures 17
    4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Tireless Tracker
    1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Master of the Wild Hunt

Spells 19
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Collective Brutality
    2 Diabolic Edict
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Crop Rotation
    1 Pernicious Deed
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Maelstrom Pulse

Planeswalker 1
    1 Nissa, Vital Force

Sideboard 15
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Carpet of Flowers
    4 Lost Legacy
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Treetop Village
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Crop Rotation
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Flex slot

When Delirium is turned on, Grim Flayer tramples over a TNN and lives to tell the tale. To me, that makes him able to be a consideration.

Bone Picker was my idea in this deck; alas, I haven't had to time to do it justice, nor do I believe I have the time put in to understand the ideas behind the deck to make this idea work.

I hope someone can, because he was pretty good when the deck did it's thing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    When Delirium is turned on, Grim Flayer tramples over a TNN and lives to tell the tale. To me, that makes him able to be a consideration.
    TNN is usually seen along DRS though, which means your GY is never going to have the types it needs to turn on Delirium.

And, when not seen aside DRS it's seen with Swords to Plowshares which makes getting a creature type in your GY difficult.

Find a little testing.

Results are:

Obstinate Baloth is a very good card. I wonder of he ist not underplayed in the Format

Master of the wild hunt is slow. Like really slow. I die not like him. Garruk relentless took his place. But that feld like to few Zenith Targets

3 Decay, 2 Collective Brutality, 2 Edicts, 1 Deed, 1 Deluge, 1 Pulse are the way to go i believe

4 Lost Legacy. Everything you can not handle you simply cut out of their Deck before resolving. Feels very good.

I like Baloth, I don't usually play it unless I'm expecting a bunch of Liliana, but it's not bad. The lifegain is pretty nice with Bob. If that's your concern, there's also Kitchen Finks to look at. One of the shells I've thrown around is Finks/Baloth/Thragtusk for a lifegain curve with Bob.

Garruk is a reasonable alternative to Master of the Wild Hunt.

I agree about the GSZ target issue though. In that situation the only 5 mana opening you have with GSZ is to get Meren which is very weak at that stage of the game. It could be that the 4th Tracker should be Garruk and a 4 drop creature should still be in there alongside Meren. If you want a 4 drop that hits hard, I've had some good success with Chameleon Colossus. It dodges most removal, curves perfectly on a high mana start, and hits hard. The protection is also nice as a form of evasion to get around things like Angler.

Nov 2011
    Krems an der Donau, Austria

Hmm
    And whats about putting Solemnity and a infinite Persist Combo in this Deck?
    Also Knight of the Reliquary and Dark Depths?

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    Hmm
    And whats about putting Solemnity and a infinite Persist Combo in this Deck?
    Also Knight of the Reliquary and Dark Depths?
    Knight has been used from time to time, but using it with Dark Depths has usually proven to be too slow. Persist is a bad idea, there's too much GY hate in the format, and the best card against us is quietly Rest in Peace already. We don't want to make that weakness worse.

Dark Depths has seen better success with Crop Rotation, but if you're new to the deck I wouldn't recommend that strategy, it's not optimal. It's more along the type of thing you can play for fun once you really understand the deck/meta. The only DD build that might be worth playing competitively is the Cloudpost build.

Find a little testing.

Results are:

Obstinate Baloth is a very good card. I wonder of he ist not underplayed in the Format

Master of the wild hunt is slow. Like really slow. I die not like him. Garruk relentless took his place. But that feld like to few Zenith Targets

3 Decay, 2 Collective Brutality, 2 Edicts, 1 Deed, 1 Deluge, 1 Pulse are the way to go i believe

4 Lost Legacy. Everything you can not handle you simply cut out of their Deck before resolving. Feels very good.
    I agree that Master of the Wild Hunt is pretty slow and I don't think that I would consider playing it as the only source of wolf tokens. I've played it beside a Garruk Relentless for extra 2/2s and/or Deathtouch Master activations.

I have been so impressed with the Baloth that i consider him for sneak fit, too. Goes well with 2Deluge main.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

I can see the life boost being nice, but is the butt big enough to count as a secondary game plan..? And if it is, why keep bothering w/ the clunky combo plan rather than going back to regular Jund Fit..? It may not end games as fast, but is a lot easier to pull off.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Because Combo can win games you would loose?:-)

Honestly: i do not know. I asked me the same question. The problem with me is that i am struggling with the Deck since top is gone.
    No matter how and what i build something feels off. I Ten to loose because having nothing. More than often i beg that something gameending would be on top of my lybrary. But without top you can not really controll that.

Dec 2013

Because Combo can win games you would loose?:-)

Honestly: i do not know. I asked me the same question. The problem with me is that i am struggling with the Deck since top is gone.
    No matter how and what i build something feels off. I Ten to loose because having nothing. More than often i beg that something gameending would be on top of my lybrary. But without top you can not really controll that.
    You could always do some testing w/ Mirri's Guile or multiple Sylvan Libraries to compensate for the loss of Top.

I used to run a different combo build, but cutting the combo altogether just made the deck run so much more efficient and smoothly. Sure, you don't have the accidental "I win"-button anymore, but you do make up for that w/ the gained consistency. Look at Junk Fit - Siege Rhino and Sigarda are absolutely no Emrakul, but they are perfectly capable of getting the job done.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Do you mind posting a list?

I tested and didnt liked both enchantments. I would rather go full Tireless Tracker.
    The consistency issued you talked about ist something i could See, too. Maybe i will go that route next time.

Dec 2013

What kind of list are you looking for? An update of the combo skeleton, or what I currently actually play as my Junk Fit list?
    DAMMIT ECHELON

The combo would be nice.

In regards of the fair lists. Stormbreath Dragon must be a powerful card right now. No Push, no Decay, no Sword can kill it. 4 of them as the end of the curve. Sounds something between stupid and fun. Glorybringer maybe too. And Flametongue Kavu. Creatures with build in removal seem somehow cool.

I think i will tinker with that, too

Dec 2013

Combo skeleton it is. Mind you, this is non color specific.

Manabase:
    22 land

Removal suite:
    4 spotremoval
    3 sweepers
    4 Cabal Therapy

Combo suite:
    4 combo card of choice (in your case Sneak Attack)
    4 bombs (for Sneak Attack probably 2 Woodland Bellower and 2 Emrakul)

Consistency package:
    2 Fierce Empath
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Mirri's Guile
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Diabolic Intent

Creature package
    4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Gurmag Angler or Tasigur, as GSZ into Empath'able plan B.

I think this skeleton also illustrates quite well why the combo plan is so much harder to pull off - it's rather slow and fragile. Cut the combo package (and everything associated to it) and you get another 12 or so slots fo fill with no nonsense, go straight for the throat business cards. In my case, I filled in those slots with a big, juicy creature tree that lets me mix and match stuff to maximize synergy for most situations.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Combo skeleton it is. Mind you, this is non color specific.

Manabase:
    22 land

Removal suite:
    4 spotremoval
    3 sweepers
    4 Cabal Therapy

Combo suite:
    4 combo card of choice (in your case Sneak Attack)
    4 bombs (for Sneak Attack probably 2 Woodland Bellower and 2 Emrakul)

Consistency package:
    2 Fierce Empath
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Mirri's Guile
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Diabolic Intent

Creature package
    4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Gurmag Angler or Tasigur, as GSZ into Empath'able plan B.

I think this skeleton also illustrates quite well why the combo plan is so much harder to pull off - it's rather slow and fragile. Cut the combo package (and everything associated to it) and you get another 12 or so slots fo fill with no nonsense, go straight for the throat business cards. In my case, I filled in those slots with a big, juicy creature tree that lets me mix and match stuff to maximize synergy for most situations.
    The trick is to not mess around with so many redundant consistency pirces, and cut the Guiles and Intents for just 3 library and more creatures. Deathrite (and probably Angler) also goes for more relevant creatures. This works because your 'bombs' are also playable cards in their own right. If your bomb package is Woodland Bellower, Inferno Titan, Emrakul - you only have one card you can't cast anyway, and the other two also help out by providing card advantage and removal. It's not like you are just playing four Emrakuls and hoping you draw Sneak for them to not be dead. You don't lose 12 slots, you lose five.

Thread Information