Page 198 of 208 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 4155

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Yes. The easiest way is to copy the picture link and use 'insert image' icon when posting. It looks like a little tree.

Then which 'hermit' did you mean? Deranged Hermit? The card Hermit Druid is banned in legacy.

Ah thanks, obviously ment Deranged Hermit

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    I think you meant Incubation Druid
    Is there an easy way to get counters on Incubation Druid? I was looking for mana-producing 2 drops to feed Birthing Pod. So far the ones I have come up with are Viridian Emissary and Wall of Roots. Incubation Druid seems like a serious upgrade if there is an easy way to get a counter on it. The only way I can think of currently is the graft land, Llanowar Reborn. I am already going to include at least 1x Elvish Reclaimer. With only BG for colors I can squeeze in a utility land or two for Reclaimer to tutor up. I'm definitely doing Bojuka Bog and Phyrexian Tower, Karakas and Wasteland/Ghost Quarter out of the board potentially.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Is there an easy way to get counters on Incubation Druid? I was looking for mana-producing 2 drops to feed Birthing Pod. So far the ones I have come up with are Viridian Emissary and Wall of Roots. Incubation Druid seems like a serious upgrade if there is an easy way to get a counter on it. The only way I can think of currently is the graft land, Llanowar Reborn. I am already going to include at least 1x Elvish Reclaimer. With only BG for colors I can squeeze in a utility land or two for Reclaimer to tutor up. I'm definitely doing Bojuka Bog and Phyrexian Tower, Karakas and Wasteland/Ghost Quarter out of the board potentially.
    Neoform seem like the easiest options. Ive seen some versions with neoform... like T1 vet -> T2 neoform -> sac veteran, get snapcaster, flashback neoform, sac snapcaster, get witness return neoform, tutor for some 4 drop next turn. But saccing veteran into neoform for the druid seems good as well

edit: obviously you cant witness neoform after snapcaster flashback... but get druid instead should be OK. Thanks @mistercakes to point that out
    Last edited by Kriggy; 08-07-2019 at 04:10 AM.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Kriggy View Post
    Neoform seem like the easiest options. Ive seen some versions with neoform... like T1 vet -> T2 neoform -> sac veteran, get snapcaster, flashback neoform, sac snapcaster, get witness return neoform, tutor for some 4 drop next turn. But saccing veteran into neoform for the druid seems good as well
    flashback neoform -> witness neoform (not possible). just get leovold.
    -rob

Is there an easy way to get counters on Incubation Druid? ...
    I was responding to an old post by Captain Hammer discussing Veteran Explorer + Neoform

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I was responding to an old post by Captain Hammer discussing Veteran Explorer + Neoform
    Right on. I was just trying to figure out if the discussion could have merit for Pod.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

I think you meant Incubation Druid
    Yep. That card as a 1 of alongside Neoform is very strong. Neoform itself is really powerful especially if you deck plays some bombs like Atraxa or GDD.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Yep. That card as a 1 of alongside Neoform is very strong. Neoform itself is really powerful especially if you deck plays some bombs like Atraxa or GDD.
    What is GDD?

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    What is GDD?
    Goblin Dark-Dwellers.

The ideal hand would be turn 1 play a Vine Dryad/Skyshroud Cutter for free, discard a ESG for a green mana, cast neoform targeting the free 4cc creature in order to put GDD into play, which in turn recasts Neoform targetting GDD, getting you a turn 1 Carnage Tryant/Primeval Titan/Grave Titan/Sire of Insanity/Ruric Thar or whatever else 6cc monster you think will essentially win you the game on turn 1.

The mediocre plays are stuff like hardcasting ESG then Shardless Agent/Violent Outburst/Ardent Plea/Demonic Dread -> Neoform/Eldrich Evolution it into an Atraxa, or Neoforming a Veteran Explorer into an Incubation Druid in order to hardcast Primeval Titan on turn 3.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Goblin Dark-Dwellers.

The ideal hand would be turn 1 play a Vine Dryad/Skyshroud Cutter for free, discard a ESG for a green mana, cast neoform targeting the free 4cc creature in order to put GDD into play, which in turn recasts Neoform targetting GDD, getting you a turn 1 Carnage Tryant/Primeval Titan/Grave Titan/Sire of Insanity/Ruric Thar or whatever else 6cc monster you think will essentially win you the game on turn 1.

The mediocre plays are stuff like hardcasting ESG then Shardless Agent/Violent Outburst/Ardent Plea/Demonic Dread -> Neoform/Eldrich Evolution it into an Atraxa, or Neoforming a Veteran Explorer into an Incubation Druid in order to hardcast Primeval Titan on turn 3.
    I have seen many things in Nicfit the last couple of years. But that is something completely new.

Dec 2010
    Montreal

I'm trying to brew a good Neoform list because I think this card is the key to finally make a good Therapy + Force of Will deck that fully abuses GSZ, Yay! I haven't played Nic Fit for a while but I think Neoform pushes this deck over the top! Here's what I have in mind:

Creatures (18)
    4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Coiling Oracle
    1 Plague Engineer
    1 True-Name Nemesis
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth

Spells (22)
    2 Assassin's Trophy
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Neoform
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

Lands (20)
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Polluted Delta
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    1 Underground Sea
    2 Forest
    2 Island
    2 Swamp

Sideboard
    1 Collector Ouphe
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Man-o'-War
    Tyrant's Scorn
    Force of Negation
    Surgical Extraction
    Thoughtseize
    Back to Basics

4 Explorers because he's the nuts with Neoform, Therapy, and GSZ.

4 Strix because it's card advantage + removal on a stick AND it's blue. The second best Neoform enabler

1 Snapcaster Mage for those Neoformed Explorers.

1 Coiling Oracle because I want a value CMC2 to GSZ + Neoform a 3drop win-con... aaaaand hes blue!

1 Scavenging Ooze is a no-brainer...

1 Plague Engineer as a silver-bullet for pretty much any aggro deck and Empty the Warrens. That card is never bad.

1 True-Name Nemesis as our T2 Progenitus because a 4/2 TNN is almost impossible to deal with... and hes blue!

1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest because hes amazing and can be GSZ. 4/4 Leovold can't be Bolted... (ridiculous).

1 Eternal Witness as my value GSZ target to set up my 4-drops.

1 Glen Elendra Archmage to secure the win against Combo and Control decks.

1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth because I wanted something at 4 to GSZ for that would be the most versatile (I have never played the card).

1 Titania, Protector of Argoth is the best top of the curve I could think of that can be GSZ. Perhaps a Carnage Tyrant would be better? How about Sagu Mauler instead? What do you think?

1 Dryad Arbor for those T1 GSZ and Therapy flashbacks.

4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Neoform
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

This with 4 Explorers and 4 Strix is pretty much the skeleton of the deck. It provides the necessary disruption and tutors/manipulation to enable the plays.

2 Assassin's Trophy because I had 2 slots left and Trophy gives the most versatile removal for the least cost given that we already plan on giving our opponents basic lands.

The SB is really rough but I figured I'd want some Thoughtseize, Surgicals, and Force of Negation for Combo decks. The Tyrant's Scorn seemed pretty good against all sorts of decks like as a blue card for Force, removal for early creatures, and bounce spells for some tougher creatures (Marrit Lage and Reanimator). I also like how it can be used to bounce our own creatures for added value or as a cycling effect. A single Rec Sage seems like an auto-include. B2B is there to have a bomb against all the decks that go bigger than us (12Posts and Lands mainly). It also hoses all the decks without basics. A Man-o'-War as an answer to Show n Tell, Reanimator, Marrit Lage, or simple as a tempo card against creature decks that pitches to FoW. The Collector Oophe is the best I could find as a cheap GSZ target against Storm when I don't have Neoform or have to pitch it.

The main plan would be to go the usual Explorer/Strix route with the added Neoform sac outlet, grab the best 2-3 drop and then use that mana and card advantage for FoW and to sink it in GSZ or the more expensive cards. In the advent that my T1 GSZ or Explorer into T2 CMC3 card is not relevant to the matchup, I can Neoform them for some select 4drops.

What important creatures am I missing? Or are there any that shouldn't be in the main? Meren and Titania are the slots I am the least sure about so I would appreciate your input for these slots.

I thought about Tireless Tracker but I don't see in what matchup I would want to GSZ for him over Leo or Witness because I probably won't be using Neoform to grab him if I can get TNN or Plague. If those happen to be dead, well Witness is likely my choice here.

Thanks for reading!
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

... ffs I was trying to be funny...

Hello, I play this deck since many years and had a few top 8's and a lot of fun with it
    Over the last 2 years I played a straight GB shell with a small white SB option.
    The deck is heavily focused on card advantage and performs well against blue control decks, with some interesting options vs combo too.
    Here's my classic GB list

4 Vets
    1 Ooze
    1 Witness
    2 Tracker
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Titania

2 Liliana, the last hope
    1 Nissa VF
    1 Ob Nixilis, reignited

2 Crop Rotation
    4 GSZ
    4 Cabal therapy
    4 Hymn to tourach
    2 pernicious deed
    1 Deluge
    3 Assassin Trophy
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Mirri's Guile
    1 Sylvan Library

4 Forest
    3 Swamp
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Windswept heath
    2 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 Karakas
    1 Phyrexian tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Dryad Arbor

Sideboard:

3 Surgical
    2 Lost Legacy
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Rec Sage
    1 Liliana's Triumph
    1 Assassin's Trophy
    2 Containment priest
    2 Ethereal canonist

The deck is solid, though I'd like to put a little more pressure on the opponent.
    The core strategy is to win through card advantage with slow planeswalker or to slam the opponent with Nissa VF or Titania (the real star of the deck).
    I'd NEVER swap the crop rotation package for anything else, as it gives an answer against Emrakul/Reanimator/early wastelands/STP's on your beasts as well as more card advantage in conjunction with the 2 trackers and Titania.

Changes I would make now:

+1 Meren, -1 Deed maindeck
    +1 Deed, -1 Containment Priest sideboard
    I'll probaby try to find a spot for a single Nurturing Peatland, maybe in the place of Volrath's.

Now I'm tinkering around a jund list with Wrenn and Six, I'll post that later.

Any suggestions on a planeswalker heavier build (4-6 walkers) staying in GB and a possible splash. We run legacy 1k's every month locally and i love experimenting with Nic Fit and Maverick builds.

May 2013
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by studderingdave View Post
    Any suggestions on a planeswalker heavier build (4-6 walkers) staying in GB and a possible splash. We run legacy 1k's every month locally and i love experimenting with Nic Fit and Maverick builds.
    ABZAN Walker Fit - Ralf

4 Forest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Swamp
    3 Windswept Heath
    2 Bayou
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Savannah
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Scrubland
    1 Marsh Flats
    1 Phyrexian Tower

4 Veteran Explorer
    3 Arena Rector
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Mystic Enforcer
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Thragtusk

1 Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    1 Nissa, Vital Force
    1 Sorin, Grim Nemesis

4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Legion's End
    1 Toxic Deluge

2 Oath of Nissa
    1 Sylvan Library

4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Crop Rotation
    1 To the slaughter

SB = yet to be made.

Enjoy,

Ralf.

Jun 2011
    Czech Republic

Hi guys, can I chain Neoform like this:
    T1 Veteran Explorer
    T2 Neoform -> Forest + Island -> Snapcaster Mage form Neoform -> flashback Neoform -> sacrifice Snapcaster Mage -> Get 3 drop?

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by theBloody View Post
    T1 Veteran Explorer
    T2 Neoform -> Forest + Island -> Snapcaster Mage form Neoform -> flashback Neoform -> sacrifice Snapcaster Mage -> Get 3 drop?
    This seems more difficult than Vet -> Ramp -> Scarab God -> make a 4/4 Vet.

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Quote Originally Posted by theBloody View Post
    T1 Veteran Explorer
    Yes. That's the whole premise behind the Neo Fit deck I posted above. Being able to tutor any 3drop on T2 with a +1/+1 counter is very powerful. You can even grab a 4drop T3 if you Neo your Snapcaster for a Spellseeker. I've been working on Neo Fit casually and have been surprised at how good it could be. Neoform is the next step for Nic Fit if you want a competitive Vet Ex deck.

This is where I stand with the deck right now:

Creatures (20)
    4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Ice-Fang Coatl
    1 Plague Engineer
    1 Spellseeker
    1 True-Name Nemesis
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Yawgmoth, Thran Physician
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth

Spells (20)
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Tyrant's Scorn
    1 Assassin's Trophy
    2 Thoughtseize
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Neoform
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

Lands (20)
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Snow-Covered Forest
    2 Snow-Covered Swamp
    2 Snow-Covered Island
    1 Bayou
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Dryad Arbor

Sideboard
    1 Wasteland
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Collector Ouphe
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Tireless Tracker
    1 Plaguecrafter
    1 Crop Rotation
    1 Diabolic Edict
    2 Surgical Extraction
    4 Force of Will

There are a lot of toolboxes at hand here which makes the deck quite challenging and resourceful. Force of Will postboard is a really strong addition to our Combo matchup. T2 Spellseeker crushes Depths decks. T2 4/4 Leovold or 4/2 TNN is massive against most of the fair decks. Spellseeker is amazing in this deck and enables so many lines.

There are so many ways to build this deck and it is difficult to find the best one...
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

Jun 2011
    Czech Republic

Thanks for the answer. Nice decklist. Gonna experiment with Neoform myself.

@Qweerios: No love for Incubation Druid?
    Am I correct that theory is he is an enabler and you prefer creatures that are useful on their own?

Dec 2010
    Montreal

@Qweerios: No love for Incubation Druid?
    Am I correct that theory is he is an enabler and you prefer creatures that are useful on their own?
    You are correct. Druid is a mana dork on a turn where you untap with 4-5 lands. I don't need mana at this point, I want win cons.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

Thread Information