Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190
Results 3,781 to 3,787 of 3787

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Hi I was wondering if someone could send me an invite to the Nic Fit discord my SN is the same as it is here.

https://discord.gg/nQQ5V59

That's a link for the server which shouldn't expire.

59 cards

3 Birthing Pod

1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Phantasmal Image
    1 Plaguecrafter
    1 Plague Mare
    2 Spellseeker
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Ravenous Chupacabra
    1 The Scarab God
    1 Ishkanah, Grafwidow

1 Abrupt Decay
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Assassin's Trophy
    1 Counterspell (if UU is too hard to get reliably then Negate instead)

4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Thoughtseize

1 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Island
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Misty Rainforest
    (20 land + arbor)

Last card is probably either 3rd Spellseeker, 21st land, or 1 more tutorable spell (2nd Thoughtseize maybe).
    Not sure how important Chupacabra and Phantasmal Image are

Sideboard:
    1 Life Goes On
    1 Pull from Tomorrow
    1 Black Sun's Zenith
    1 Sinkhole
    X Surgical Extraction
    etc (Loam? Flusterstorm?)

No idea how good this is/isn't but it seems like a good shell for Birthing Pod. Spellseeker gives the deck a lot of utility (e.g. you don't need to use a slot on Rec Sage when you can Spellseeker for Trophy/Decay, maybe this is also why Chupacabra can be replaced).

Scarab God OP, can be protected from Swords to Plowshares by:
    - Sacrifice to Phyrexian Tower
    - Revive Plaguecrafter and sacrifice TSG
    - Revive Phantasmal Image to copy TSG and then legend rule the real one
    - Spellseeker -> Counterspell

The Pod chain of Spellseeker (find Counterspell) -> Meren and using Counterspell to protect Meren seems good vs fair decks
    Vs combo you have Spellseeker (Counterspell/Thoughtseize/Therapy) -> Glen Elendra.

You don't need to play a card like Pull from Tomorrow or Skeletal Scrying (or even like, Night's Whisper) maindeck because if you want to Spellseeker for a value spell you can get GSZ for Ishkanah/Witness/Meren.

I welcome suggestions for different Spellseeker/Pod targets but this seems okay as a starting point

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Seems pretty sweet, Kombatkiwi. I have a basically standard comment, for me. I'd change Veteran no 4 into GSZ no 2, because veteran is a lousy late-game topdeck, especially if you don't have a Pod around, and there are many matchups in which you don't want to ramp your opponent (usually Miracles and Grixis Control, though this depends on the exact scenario). While GSZ is one of the best consistency tools available, offering ramp or threat depending on what you need.
    Currently playing/brewing: Painter, Tezzeret, Bomberman, Planeswalker Nic Fit, Bizarro Stormy, MOST and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    I'm not so sure. Being a creature definitely comes with a few drawbacks, but it has some benefits as well.

First, it's blue, which dramatically increases it's usefulness in a Pod deck as you can more likely enable FoW.
    Second, creatures have a bit more interaction as you can use cards like Melira for recursion.
    Third, while forcing blue would normally be a drawback, BUG pod seems to be the most value oriented already, so it's probably not that bad.
    Fourth, you can turn GSZ into finding both early Vets and this creature.
    Fifth, it dodges more counterspells, such as getting around Spell Pierce.

That said, it does have considerable drawbacks as well. It's a turn slower due to the mana cost, it's vulnerable to Karakas, it's a turn slower due to summoning sickness, it's vulnerable to many more removal spells than Pod is once it resolves, and you can't string multiples together. But, I would argue the GSZ tutor being a turn slower is not a drawback, because any tutor for Pod (which has more limited options) slow you by a turn as well.

I think the Karakas issue is the only issue that's really worth bringing up, unfortunately it is also a big one. It's not Legacy playable, though it might be modern playable.
    Watched quite a few modern decks featuring Vannifar. The decks all pretty much win the moment they untapped with Vannifar on the back of Woodland Bellower combo. Pod couldn’t insta win like that. Vannifar is a surprisingly solid win condition. Might end up getting a deck built around it rather than incorporating it into Nic Fit but I think it will likely have an impact on legacy.

Jul 2011
    Germany

@kombatkiwi:

I played BUG Pod in the good old days (in fact i never sold FoW etc cause of it^^) and enjoyed your list at first test games. Some small adjustments so far:

// 60 Maindeck

// 2 Artifact
    2 Birthing Pod

// 21 Creature
    1 Dryad Arbor
    3 Veteran Explorer
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Phantasmal Image
    1 Plaguecrafter
    1 Plague Mare
    2 Spellseeker
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 The Scarab God
    1 Ishkanah, Grafwidow
    1 Murderous Redcap
    1 Prime Speaker Vannifar

// 6 Instant
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Assassin's Trophy

// 20 Land
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Island
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Misty Rainforest

// 11 Sorcery
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Collective Brutality
    2 Ponder
    1 Toxic Deluge

// 15 Sideboard
    // 5 Creature
    SB: 1 Vendilion Clique
    SB: 1 Reclamation Sage
    SB: 1 Shriekmaw
    SB: 2 Faerie Macabre

// 8 Instant
    SB: 2 Flusterstorm
    SB: 3 Force of Will
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Echoing Truth

// 2 Sorcery
    SB: 2 Thoughtseize

I added Collective Brutality since its a very flexible card and i dont want to throw AT at early creatures to ramp opponent and getting discard-hand information is nice too (Therapy/Game plan etc.). I also valued the tutorable Toxic Deluge over your single Counterspell, since this version lack good old deeds so far. I go down to 2 Pod + 1 Vannifar (+2 Zenith) one is enough once you developed the board and survived long enough.

Sideboard is a bit random at the moment but covers combo matchups well and uses more spells on the back of spellseeker.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    I played BUG Pod in the good old days (in fact i never sold FoW etc cause of it^^) and enjoyed your list at first test games. Some small adjustments so far:
    Hi, thanks a lot for trying it

I added Collective Brutality since its a very flexible card and i dont want to throw AT at early creatures to ramp opponent and getting discard-hand information is nice too (Therapy/Game plan etc.).
    The extra discard-hand information is why I played the 1 maindeck Thoughtseize (I also considered 1 maindeck Surgical) but I agree that Collective Brutality could also perform this role while being a more flexible card in more situations, I think this is a good idea.

I also valued the tutorable Toxic Deluge over your single Counterspell, since this version lack good old deeds so far.
    Remember Deluge is not tutorable by Spellseeker because you can only get spells with CMC 2 or less (this is why originally I suggested 1 Black Sun Zenith in the SB, of course it's not as good as Deluge but seemed like the best CMC <3 option)

Do you think Redcap is better than Hostage Taker / Sower of Temptation / Chupacabra? Redcap is funny with Scarab God because you can deal 4 but I feel like these other creatures are going to be better most of the time. Edit: Deck might want 1 Leovold maybe
    Last edited by kombatkiwi; 02-17-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Thread Information