Page 144 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 4155

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Congrats on the result!
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by vilnico View Post
    And I was just wishing going under the radar
    I guess that's not gonna work this time. Thanks Plm ^__^;...

For those interested, the list is coming on mtgtop8, but I guess I can spoil it here:

It's inspired from a list I am sure having seen on the thread here, in the range of pages 13x. But I can't spot it anymore for some reasons...
    There's also an earlier variant on Reddit. Credits to its original author.

I can try a report some time later. I am not sure about the ratio of Helm winning games, but if I have to ballpark it, it's above 50%. (I know I am not taking risks here :p)
    Quickly I went 5-1-1 in the Swiss, won the 1/4 to Burn, and lost to Turbo Depth in the semi.
    Very nice! Glad it ran well for you. I experimented with a Helm list for a few online leagues. Was quite nice hitting storm and dredge.

How did you like the Ob Nixilis? I enjoyed Nissa, Vital Force in my versions since it could buy back both Deed and Helm. Turning a land into a creature was also helpful in order to Intent for Helm. Nissa also provides for a faster clock in case you have pivoted that way in a game with Trackers. I could see Ob Nix killing some creatures that otherwise would be problematic though.

Love some of your sideboard choices.

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    Very nice! Glad it ran well for you. I experimented with a Helm list for a few online leagues. Was quite nice hitting storm and dredge.

How did you like the Ob Nixilis? I enjoyed Nissa, Vital Force in my versions since it could buy back both Deed and Helm. Turning a land into a creature was also helpful in order to Intent for Helm. Nissa also provides for a faster clock in case you have pivoted that way in a game with Trackers. I could see Ob Nix killing some creatures that otherwise would be problematic though.

Ah was it your list? It's your name coming up on Reddit?
    Why can't I find the list anymore on this thread?

I'll answer later on Nixilis vs Nissa, and sideboard. I guess all with the report.

@Nyx Fit: i'm really struggling to find the final 2-3 slots of my build: Ground Seal is very good only if you know your meta, otherwise it slows down the deck.
    I've found a 4c nyx player on MTGO who was playing brainstorm in a deck like this, i really would like to know how his tests are going ^^

// 11 Creature
    4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Eternal Witness
    4 Academy Rector
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons

// 14 Enchantment
    3 Pernicious Deed
    2 Evolutionary Leap
    1 Sandwurm Convergence
    1 Overwhelming Splendor
    4 Mirri's Guile
    3 Ground Seal

// 21 Land

// 14 Sorcery
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Collective Brutality
    4 Lingering Souls

Quote Originally Posted by vilnico View Post
    It's inspired from a list I am sure having seen on the thread here, in the range of pages 13x. But I can't spot it anymore for some reasons...
    There's also an earlier variant on Reddit. Credits to its original author.

I can try a report some time later. I am not sure about the ratio of Helm winning games, but if I have to ballpark it, it's above 50%. (I know I am not taking risks here :p)
    Quickly I went 5-1-1 in the Swiss, won the 1/4 to Burn, and lost to Turbo Depth in the semi.
    I remember the list you're talking about, but forget who made it. It seemed good. I like most things your list is doing.

How well did Diabolic Intent work for you with just 10 creatures to sacrifice?

Mar 2010
    geneva, the frozen waste

@ nico : Sorry about the outing but your deck was the only one I played against that was exciting, the games were good and lot of fun (even if deed raped me).
    That ob nixilis plus 2 library was a fast kill that I never saw before
    Congrats on top4ing, did you escape the unfair decks or does the 8 maindeck discard disrupt them enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    Magic would be a lot more interesting if more Punks played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Wow, you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post

I'm not sure Tracker is the card you want here. Trackers value accrues slowly and a 9 creature list is really weak to removal. Something with a faster return is likely better. That's why I like the 2 Eternal Witness in this list. If you're willing to go all in on the combo, maybe some other strong vs removal cards like Sakura Tribe Elder.

Actually, that might be an interesting thought experiment, combining Scapeshift+Helm combo in one deck with a Nic Fit mana ramp engine to play either one.

Quote Originally Posted by caseyc View Post
    Hi All,

I just put together my first real Nic Fit deck a couple weeks ago and have been testing it. (I previously tried a Fruity Pebbles Nic Fit combo deck without much success, though it was hilarious). It's a BUG build. My goal is to create a consistent shell (using cantrips) with a powerful engine--and then fun, badass cards that come along with the Nic Fit archetype. The engine is any combination of Gitrog, Titania, and Ramunap Excavator. Also, I want the main deck to crush fair matchups (most of the field is fair right now)--and my SB to be solid in games 2 and 3 versus combo. Below is my list:

Lands (21):
    2x Bayou
    1x Underground Sea
    1x Tropical Island
    1x Savannah
    1x Wasteland
    2x Island
    2x Forest
    2x Swamp
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    4x Misty Rainforest
    1x Dryad Arbor

Spells (39):
    3x Veteran Explorer
    4x Cabal Therapy
    1x Deathrite Shaman
    1x Scavenging Ooze
    1x Snapcaster Mage
    1x Eternal Witness
    1x Ramunap Excavator
    1x Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1x Meren of Clan Nel-toth
    1x Titania, Protector of Argoth
    1x The Gitrog Monster
    1x Carnage Tyrant
    1x Pernicious Deed
    2x Abrupt Decay
    1x Fatal Push
    1x Go For The Throat
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Ponder
    4x Green Sun's Zenith
    2x Baleful Strix
    1x Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1x Liliana of the Veil
    1x Garruk Relentless

SB (15):
    2x Flusterstorm
    2x Surgical Extraction
    2x Thoughtseize
    2x Diabolic Edict
    1x Toxic Deluge
    1x Pernicious Deed
    1x Arcane Laboratory
    1x Reclamation Sage
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    1x Lost Legacy
    1x Golgari Charm

I'm very open to thoughts, questions, and feedback on the build. Thanks :-)
    Any thoughts? Feedback? Who all is playing BUG lists these days?

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by caseyc View Post
    Any thoughts? Feedback? Who all is playing BUG lists these days?
    How is the list working for you? You said you have been testing it. It seems a bit unfocused, probably that's why you don't get feedback, also stuff just drowns here sometimes. And if a list doesn't have a clear focus then it's just a BUG good stuff list, that can be interesting too, anything that works is interesting, but will get less comments.

4 Ponders seems a lot but they are of course good cards, it's just that they can slow down a mana intensive deck (or that's been a recent hypothesis in this thread) . With all that blue why are there no FoW's, at least in the board? Carnage Tyrant looks like overkill to me, you already have a few good finishers with synergy, settle for that; I'd try Tireless Tracker instead, comes down earlier and must be dealt with while providing card advantage and being relevant in all matchups. You could consider Courser of Kruphix and Sylvan Library in the list too, maybe over two Ponders, they work very well together and can be very powerful in certain matchups, Courser adds lifegain to the deck and synergizes with your finishing package. It also seems like a mistake to only play a single Deed in the maindeck, it's a very powerful card and usually works very well in the deck and you have a couple of planeswalkers that really benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by pettdan View Post
    How is the list working for you? You said you have been testing it. It seems a bit unfocused, probably that's why you don't get feedback, also stuff just drowns here sometimes. And if a list doesn't have a clear focus then it's just a BUG good stuff list, that can be interesting too, anything that works is interesting, but will get less comments.

4 Ponders seems a lot but they are of course good cards, it's just that they can slow down a mana intensive deck (or that's been a recent hypothesis in this thread) . With all that blue why are there no FoW's, at least in the board? Carnage Tyrant looks like overkill to me, you already have a few good finishers with synergy, settle for that; I'd try Tireless Tracker instead, comes down earlier and must be dealt with while providing card advantage and being relevant in all matchups. You could consider Courser of Kruphix and Sylvan Library in the list too, maybe over two Ponders, they work very well together and can be very powerful in certain matchups, Courser adds lifegain to the deck and synergizes with your finishing package. It also seems like a mistake to only play a single Deed in the maindeck, it's a very powerful card and usually works very well in the deck and you have a couple of planeswalkers that really benefit from it.
    Force of Will, even in blue decks is a mistake in Nic Fit. It waters down your threat consistency too much.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Force of Will, even in blue decks is a mistake in Nic Fit. It waters down your threat consistency too much.
    In the maindeck it can be hard to fit, I get the same feeling usually. In the sideboard however I think it can be quite valuable, do you think it's bad there too?

Quote Originally Posted by pettdan View Post
    In the maindeck it can be hard to fit, I get the same feeling usually. In the sideboard however I think it can be quite valuable, do you think it's bad there too?
    Yes. I think there's better options. The problem with FoW isn't just that it waters down your creature count, but that it also forces you into a bunch of blue cards. As a result your GSZ's take a double hit. I think a handful of cheap counterspells like Flusterstorm works better if you're going to play counters, but that discard like Therapy and Brutality is far more effective overall.

Thanks to Matsu and Ulysse95 for the guidance/suggestions.

I've dropped 1 Strix, Thrun and Redcap, adding 1 Leovold, Meren AND ... still have one space ...

I'd love to keep Carnage Tyrant, but appreciate he's (or she's) maybe a win more card ... do I drop him and add Diabolic Intent & Toxic Deluge MB?

Keep the comments coming ... whilst there is no 'one deck' (BUG, Junk, Jund variations all with different focus) the core as described by Ulysse95 makes perfect sense for a core to build around.

Also, I enjoyed the discussion re counters v hand disruption ... I think I'd always err on proactive threat extraction rather than a counterspell, seems cleaner and more targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed4570 View Post
    Thanks to Matsu and Ulysse95 for the guidance/suggestions.

I've dropped 1 Strix, Thrun and Redcap, adding 1 Leovold, Meren AND ... still have one space ...

I'd love to keep Carnage Tyrant, but appreciate he's (or she's) maybe a win more card ... do I drop him and add Diabolic Intent & Toxic Deluge MB?

Keep the comments coming ... whilst there is no 'one deck' (BUG, Junk, Jund variations all with different focus) the core as described by Ulysse95 makes perfect sense for a core to build around.

Also, I enjoyed the discussion re counters v hand disruption ... I think I'd always err on proactive threat extraction rather than a counterspell, seems cleaner and more targeted.
    Intent is only really good if you have single cards that literally end the game immediately when case, and are low in mana cost. I wouldn't run it outside of a combo style build, and even then it's not the most reliable option.

Are you specifically trying to build around Pod? Birthing Pod is pretty awfully positioned right now because, like Stoneforge, it has real issues dealing with Kolaghan's Command decks which are otherwise pretty good matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    Intent is only really good if you have single cards that literally end the game immediately when case, and are low in mana cost. I wouldn't run it outside of a combo style build, and even then it's not the most reliable option.

Are you specifically trying to build around Pod? Birthing Pod is pretty awfully positioned right now because, like Stoneforge, it has real issues dealing with Kolaghan's Command decks which are otherwise pretty good matchups.
    I get the point about Diabolic Intent, although, if I make tweaks (see below) I would have options for tutor worthy answers.

That was the thought to use POD for silver bullets ... but as you say, with Kolaghan's Command being used more, POD is susceptible. Without it, I'd certainly have more slots for Diabolic Intent bullets. Another PW might be an idea ... Nissa is great, is two too many? Or Garruck Relentless?

Quote Originally Posted by Jed4570 View Post
    I get the point about Diabolic Intent, although, if I make tweaks (see below) I would have options for tutor worthy answers.

That was the thought to use POD for silver bullets ... but as you say, with Kolaghan's Command being used more, POD is susceptible. Without it, I'd certainly have more slots for Diabolic Intent bullets. Another PW might be an idea ... Nissa is great, is two too many? Or Garruck Relentless?
    You already have Zenith for silver bullets. If you want a tutorable planeswalker, Nissa Vastwood Seer is pretty great against a lot of decks.

I don't think more than one Nissa VF is a good idea just because she is both expensive in mana and not tutorable. I'd run 0-1 Nissa VF, 1 Nissa VS, 0-1 Garruk Relentless, and 1-2 Jace the Mind Sculptor for planeswalkers. Possible a 6cmc Vraska in the sideboard for grindy games if you want to spend the slot.

[Primer] Nic Fit

Played Wurmmachine last night to a 0-1-3 finnish. I faced 3 controldecks (4c Leo, grixis kess and UW blade) and rhinofit and had serious problems closing the games. If i had more time i think i would have gone 3-1. I dont think i played slow. Problem was stuff like multiple swords on wurms prolonging the inevitable.
    Anyone else having this issue?
    I think I'm gonna try Misfortunes and starfield in main to add more ways to overload opponent with multiple enchantments. Any comments or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    You already have Zenith for silver bullets. If you want a tutorable planeswalker, Nissa Vastwood Seer is pretty great against a lot of decks.

I don't think more than one Nissa VF is a good idea just because she is both expensive in mana and not tutorable. I'd run 0-1 Nissa VF, 1 Nissa VS, 0-1 Garruk Relentless, and 1-2 Jace the Mind Sculptor for planeswalkers. Possible a 6cmc Vraska in the sideboard for grindy games if you want to spend the slot.
    If i were to play an agressive bugfit list with 15+ creatures i would play the playset of chart a course over ponder. I think brainstorm is fine as it makes your starting 7 best of 10 which kan be very beneficial in a clunky deck. Chart kan give you the punch you need to overload opponent with threats. Even the 'no attack mode' is fine in the lage game when you draw unwanted fetches.

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    Played Wurmmachine last night to a 0-1-3 finnish. I faced 3 controldecks (4c Leo, grixis kess and UW blade) and rhinofit and had serious problems closing the games. If i had more time i think i would have gone 3-1. I dont think i played slow. Problem was stuff like multiple swords on wurms prolonging the inevitable.
    Anyone else having this issue?
    I think I'm gonna try Misfortunes and starfield in main to add more ways to overload opponent with multiple enchantments. Any comments or suggestions?
    What was your list?

Sometimes, finish is indeed the problem. But between Dovescape, lingering souls and wurmcoil, it should be ok, no? What was the issue apart from removals on your wurms?

I really liked misfortunes, just need a particular build to have enought good targets.
    Starfield can be good again since it seems that the meta became a bit slowler, no?

I've added a Sigarda and she's been great, absolutely =)

Thread Information