Quote Originally Posted by pettdan View Post
There's a reason we are discussing one million versions in this thread, and it is at least partly due to there not being a specific best version. I suggest you start with a version that you are interested in, that fits your playstyle, that is close to what you have in cards and close to what you aim to play in the future or in parallell. So if you have the blue lands and think that version seems fun, I would start there. If you have zero cards, I would probably start with a simple, straightforward list like a Rhino-list.
100% this.

BUG is the one that imo is least defined. Million ways you can build it.

Too many variations, and this list is just myself cherry picking the versions that stick out to me as having potential.

BG
Lower cmc value (bobs, ranger of eos -> ballista/endless one, crop rotation)
Helm combo (I experimented with this, it seemed alright)

Junk
Standard w/ rhinos/general creatures
Nyx - Academy Rector (evo leap, 3-5 winning enchantments)

Jund
Sneak Attack
Scapeshift

Bug
Value-creature centric (strix, drs, tracker, meren, etc)
Walkers (Liliana/Jace/Nissa)
Emerge (elder deep fiend list from Isvan)
Intuition package

Not to mention the variations that blur between colors, such as various walker packages, crop rotation, natural order, birthing pod, excavator?, etc. Sometimes wish we had a separate thread for at least bug/jund/junk but I doubt that will ever happen. Would really help to hone in on good ideas and deck direction if we had enough activity in each.

As for pros/cons, that'd take more time to lay out. All are going to generally prey on fair decks. Against certain metas different ones will shine. Nyx for instance, is great against Lands due to swords/lingering souls/hardness of enchantment lock. Burn is going to have trouble against a rhino junk list that has collective brutalities. Helm is lolzy if you expect a ton of graveyard-abusing stuff. Sneak/Scapeshift have quite a bit of inevitability and scape has versatility with its wishes. Bug when packing brainstorm can handle various combo easier due to being able to find sideboard stuff quickly.