Page 157 of 209 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 4171

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    I agree with the general sentiment of this but you might want to read the card again
    My intention is to discard sneak attack itself and not the creatures ;)

Gesendet von meinem SM-J320F mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by p.faul01 View Post
    My intention is to discard sneak attack itself and not the creatures ;)

Oh I see what you mean. It's not duress but only instant and sorcery. Dangit

So i took a break for a few months (much longer than i planned, i needed a while to find my motivation to play MTG again), but recently i started playing on Magic Online again with my NicFit-Cloudpost hybrid. I made a few changes, and so far i like where i'm at. I cashed my last 5 Leagues and today i finally went 5-0 again, so i expect my list to get posted at some point.

This is the current list:

Maindeck (61 cards):
    Lands (26):
    2 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    3 Forest
    1 Plains
    1 Swamp
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Windswept Heath
    3 Cloudpost
    3 Glimmerpost
    2 Thespian's Stage
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    Creatures (16):
    1 Dryad Arbor
    2 Walking Ballista
    2 Veteran Explorer
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Knight of the Reliquary
    3 Tireless Tracker
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    1 Primeval Titan
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    Spells (19):
    2 Mox Diamond
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Crop Rotation
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Collective Brutality
    2 Sylvan Library
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 Pernicious Deed

Sideboard (15):
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Lingering Souls
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Crop Rotation
    3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Pernicious Deed

Most noticable changes: I went down to just 3 Cloudposts. I was already boarding out 1-2 Cloudposts along with my Eldrazi in many matchups. The only matchups where i really need the ability to cast Eldrazi are those against the blue midrange-control decks like 4-Color Leovold and similar decks, including Miracles. Those decks usually don't play Wastelands, so i thought i could be fine with just 3 Cloudposts to get against those decks, and so far it seems to work. Against other decks, it's better for my deck to play fewer lands and be a little closer to a typical NicFit deck.
    Otherwise i'm mostly experimenting. The Ballistas are at this point staying for good, the maindeck Collective Brutalities are still flex slots.

From what i gathered so far, the deck seems to be well positioned on Magic Online right now (as well positioned as a NicFit deck can be at least). This is how my 5-0 League went for example:

Match 1: Miracles (2-1):
    Game 1: I was able to stick a Library on Turn 2 and things seemed well under Control, i eventually had Eye of Ugin, cast Ulamog and got rid of some lands (and he got plowed), and then i had enough mana with Cloudposts to search for Emrakul and cast her next turn against no pressure. But then he played Back to Basics, stopping that plan just in time. I had all my mana still untapped, managed to crack an Explorer and get some more basics and eventually did find enough mana to search for and cast Emrakul.
    Game 2: He kept a weak hand on the back of Back to Basics, i managed to disard that but he topdecked Jace into Entreat and killed me pretty fast.
    Game 3: He had Back to Basics again, but i already had Pernicious Deed in play and eventually cracked it, Tracker sticks and finds me a lot of cards, with Library i can bait out a Counterspell and resolve GSZ->Primetime, that's good enough with Eye of Ugin and some Cloudposts.

Match 2: Eldrazi (2-0):
    Game 1: I already know he's playing Eldrazi (played against him yesterday). He mulligans to 5 und plays T1 Chalice which shuts of 3 cards in my hand, but i have T2 Library, get an Explorer into play (and he attacks into it), manage to stick a Tracker followed by Primetime, he concedes.
    Game 2: I mulligan to 5, he has Leyline of the Void. I punt on T1, not playing my Mox Diamond as my only colored source - he has a Spirit Guide for a T2 TKS to take the Mox and i'm almost ready to concede after he wastes my Cloudpost too. I find a Bayou just in time, can stick a Tracker and Courser, trade the Courser for his TKS. I get rid of his Leyline with RecSage, he has an Endbringer (and i'm on 4 life, 6 life after playing Brutality), i get Knight and an Explorer. Then i have to trade my Tracker + Explorer + RecSage against a Smasher, now only Knight against Endbringer. I get Titania, he has another Endbringer. I have another Brutality to gain 2 life and can fetch a Glimmerpost with Knight, with Karakas i can keep replaying Titania and barely win the race against his pinging Endbringers with a bunch of Elemental tokens.

Match 3: Dredge (2-0):
    Game 1: I start with Mox, Explorer, Tower, crack Explorer, play Scooze. He still has a shot because he was on the play and manages to do a lot of dredging on his 2nd Turn, but finds only 1 Narcomaeba, and my Scooze has 1 open mana for that. Afterwards i have 4 green mana open and there is no realistic way he can win from here.
    Game 2: I mulligan to 6, keep a hand with Bog and 2x Crop Rotation. My T1 Bog only sets him back only one turn, but i take away his sideboaded Iona. With GSZ->Arbor i can make a T3 Marit Lage with my Crop Rotations, since he attacks with his flyers this is Game Over - or it would be, if i didn't block one of his Narcomaebas, so he buys himself another turn with Dread Return for that. My punt doesn't matter because i topdeck a Ballista to get rid of his blocker.

Match 4: 4-Color-Leovold (2-0):
    Game 1: I mulligan to 5 into a hand with just Cloudpost, Stage, Glimmerpost, Tower and Crop Rotation (no green mana). I find a Mox and a Glimmerpost, my Crop Rotation for Eye of Ugin resolves and that's Game Over because he has no pressure, he concedes to Ulamog.
    Game 2: I keep a slow 7, manage to crack an Explorer with Therapy and can resolve Titania and then Primetime, he concedes to Eye of Ugin and some Cloudposts.

Match 5: 4-Color-Stoneblade (2-1):
    Game 1: Very long game, i don't really have a board but get some mana online while i'm slowly dying to his Batterskull and some other stuff. I make a deciding punt: With 6 mana in play, 8 mana on the following turn, and Primetime and Therapy in hand i play Therapy for FoW and see just a Snapcaster. Next Turn i punt again, i should have flashed it back to check for FoW again, since he doesn't have enough mana or cards in hand to get around that by playing his Snapcaster for a Brainstorm. That costs me the game, if Primetime resolves i win pretty much for sure.
    Game 2: I keep a risky 7 with Eye, Cloudpost, Stage and no green mana. He sees my hand and at first tries to race with Jace, but after i play my 2nd Stage he realizes i win this race. He tries to go wide and be aggressive, but probably miscounts my mana: With one creature in play and Tower in hand i have enough mana to cast Emrakul, and since he attacked with all his flyers and is under 15 life that's lethal. I don't think Ulamog (and then probably Ballistas) would have been good enough.
    Game 3: I can crack an Explorer early on, have Lingering Souls to block forever and then stick a Tracker that lives and completely takes over the game. He was very low on time (and i was 7 minutes ahead), so i would have probably won on time anyway, but when he concedes i was pretty far ahead on board too.

So overall i definitely made some mistakes in this League, one of them actually did cost me a game, but ultimately it didn't matter. These games also show why i stick to my Cloudpost package, that won 3 of these matches, and it also shows the package is still good enough to do that with just 3 Cloudposts. No combo decks (other than Dredge) in this League, that definitely helped, but i think most combo matchups are ok (the only decks that are a real problem are Show&Tell decks, everything else should be at least close to 50/50). No Delver either, but at least Grixis Delver seems to be a pretty good matchup.

I don't like double posts, but well - i 5-0ed the very next League too, same list.

This time against:
    UR-Delver
    RUG-Delver
    Grixis Control
    Aluren
    Punishing Maverick

Clean 5-0 with 10-0 in games this time, and it wasn't really close in any game. There was obviously some luck involved, but i'm feeling pretty good about the deck right now, it seems the bad luck i had after getting into Magic Online finally turned around.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshrac82 View Post
    I don't like double posts, but well - i 5-0ed the very next League too, same list.

This time against:
    UR-Delver
    RUG-Delver
    Grixis Control
    Aluren
    Punishing Maverick

Clean 5-0 with 10-0 in games this time, and it wasn't really close in any game. There was obviously some luck involved, but i'm feeling pretty good about the deck right now, it seems the bad luck i had after getting into Magic Online finally turned around.
    nicely done, big fan of your list. may have to purchase a pair of ballistas.

Quote Originally Posted by djxstream View Post
    nicely done, big fan of your list. may have to purchase a pair of ballistas.
    Yes, the Ballistas are pretty much fixed in the deck at this point. If you don't play them on an empty board, they are very often 2-for-1s even in the early game. And later they threaten to take over many games.

I 5-0ed one more League last week (with Abrupt Decays in place of the Brutalities), and overall my winrate this year is at 60% - still a small samplesize of ~150 matches, but it is pretty stable. (Last year i was just barely above 50%, with a deck that had >70% on xmage.)

Other changes i'm working on:
    I cut the Titania, because it was either too clunky (against Delver and combo) or felt win-more most of the time, and i haven't missed her yet - or rather: I missed her in a few games, but i won all of those games anyway, so my feeling that it was win-more was probably right.
    Recently i added 2 more fetchlands to the deck, because i got colorscrewed a little bit too often. Now i'm finally thinking about the Mox Diamonds again, and did some work: I went over all my replays in Magic Online, and just looked for Mox Diamonds drawn at least until turn 2 (the reasoning is that a Mox Diamond drawn later than turn 2 is bad almost every time). I did that last year too, and at that point my winrate with Mox Diamond was significantly higher than without it, but that changed, maybe because the metagame changed: Just this year my gamewinrate with Mox Diamond was just 57% and without it, it was 58%. The difference is marginal, but since a Mox Diamond later in the game is a bad draw i really want a boost in winrate with it in my opening hand, and the data doesn't support that. With a little more detail: As expected, Mox Diamond gave a pretty big boost against combo decks and Chalice decks (Blood Moon is the reason for that mostly). Against Delver decks, it was actively very bad (these games are often about card advantage), and against other fair decks it didn't really matter either way (my guess here: the games usually go so long it doesn't really matter when i draw the Mox Diamond - i expected even worse results than against Delver and this is my only reasonable explanation why the Mox was better than against Delver).
    I still think playing Mox Diamond might have been the right call in the metagame last year with less Delver decks and more combo decks, but right now i guess i finally have to cut them - and since i'm playing 2 more fetchlands now, i should still have enough colored mana sources either way.

Not exactly sure what i want as a replacement. Deathrite would be the logical choice for something similar, but whenever i tried it, it hasn't been impressive at all in this deck: It's unreliable as a mana source with so many other Deathrite decks around, and against fair decks i usually wipe the board at some point and would kill my own Deathrites. I could just move some sideboard cards to the maindeck (either some removal or most likely Lingering Souls) to make room for more sideboard slots, maybe something more against combo to make up for the slower starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshrac82 View Post
    I 5-0ed one more League last week (with Abrupt Decays in place of the Brutalities), and overall my winrate this year is at 60% - still a small samplesize of ~150 matches, but it is pretty stable. (Last year i was just barely above 50%, with a deck that had >70% on xmage.)

Other changes i'm working on:
    I cut the Titania, because it was either too clunky (against Delver and combo) or felt win-more most of the time, and i haven't missed her yet - or rather: I missed her in a few games, but i won all of those games anyway, so my feeling that it was win-more was probably right.
    funny enough, i only came across your deck months ago (er probably year+ actually) when looking for Titania decks. but yeah with DRS all over, it doesnt make sense anymore as they can easily stop the ramp.

Collective brutality is such a good card, i played RG Lands with a black splash for it and man did it perform. But i can see how decay would be better in a deck like this.

After i get the ballistas (in paper and mtgo) ill be able the build this in both and let you know how i do.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Hi all,
    Just a short battle report.
    I was playing Win 2 Duals at my LGS. I expected a lot of Delver decks, did not miss.

Round 1 - Canadian Treshhold
    Game 1
    I have a clunky start with Treetop Village and Scrubland. He has a slow hand. He leads with Trop into Goose, then bolts my Shaman. I manage to cast a Cabal Therapy (blindly name Stifle, miss) and see bolt + 3 fetchs. He draws delver, cast and the goose in the incoming turn. Because no coutermagic I secure Sylvan library. When he finally has threshhold. I cast Veteran Explorer, Cabal Therapy from grave, resolve, name bolt, hit 2 cards. I see a Daze and cast Toxic Deluge removing his board. Next turn I follow with Nissa. He surrenders.
    Game 2
    I keep a good hand with Therapy, he has no early aggression I Path to Exile his Mandrill. Next turn I follow with Dromoka, he reads the cards, looks at me look, at his hand. Draw a card play a 1/1 goose. Dromoka finishes the game in 3 turns.
    1-0

Round 2 - Graveyard action BUG
    I know James and he is always on some spice.
    Today he plays a BUG good stuff with crazy loam/DD/ thespian stage/Leo/unearth/snap
    Game 1
    We have a slow start. I slowly ramp, he Wasteland me twice with Ramunap Excavator and I vindicate his Liliana of the Veil in response. Then siege rhino takes care of strix+jace. After a Therapy, I see no countermagic and DD+ Stage, I play Sylvan Library and hope for anything, I am at 12, cast Thrugtusk. He proceeds to play Stage. I play Siege Rhino go to 20 (not enough). He plays DD. I dig for a Path to Exile and Dromoka, cast Dromoka resolve, Exile Marit Lage and swing for victory.
    Game 2
    He mulls to 5 and I have a full control of the game.
    2-0

Round 3 - Grixis delver with Stifle.
    Game 1
    He plays TNN turn 3 and I die 7 turns later not finding an answer.
    Game 2
    I am stuck on my 2 starting lands when he has Daze, 2 Force of will, 2 Stifles, casting only a ponder and naturally drawing everything, finally killing me with TNN+bolt.
    2-1

Round 4 - Canadian Treshhold
    Game 1
    I did some intel between rounds and he is in some sort of delver. I play the first game around Daze, resolve Sylvan library and use it aggressively, play Rhino, he bolts it twice, next turn I play Tragtusk to match his mandrill, then I follow with Sigarda
    Game 2
    I keep a hand with 4 lands, rhino and abrupt decay. He goes trop brainstorm.
    I play a Forest. on turn 2 he plays wasteland and sylvan library. I play a Swamp and cast Decay in my turn. I draw lands for two turns. He plays a couple of cantrips and a mandrill, I proceed to draw and cast rhino then I draw the rest of the holy trinity, Sigarda and Dromoka.
    He sideboarded out his countermagic - 4 FoW
    3-1

Round 5 - Grixis no stifle
    So I cannot draw to top 8 and my opponent is my good friend and sparring partner Adam.
    Game 1
    I win without problem, I have an early Therapy followed by Veteran explorer and Rhino.
    Game 2
    he plays Liliana last hope with double TNN I manage to kill Liliana with Treetop Village remove the TNNs with pernicious deed. I am at 1 life and snap+bolt me to next game.
    Game 3
    We are stuck on 2 lands with a Shaman each and no fetch in grave. We grind for multiple turns and I am at 3 and die to bolt with a board of choke, pithing needle on Liliana last hope with 7 counter, rhino, shaman, sylvan library and 6 lands.
    3-2

I finish 10th with an overall score of 7-4 victory in matches and 3-2 in games.

We had between 25-30 people (I think). I saw 2 blade decks, storm, Goblins, D&T, Infect, elves, 2 Loam, 2 Burns, rest were delver decks of different flavor.

Below my deck list. I am currently happy with the deck, the sideboard needs to be adjusted. After not playing for 4 months I am happy with my and the deck performance. Any question just ask.

In the morning, I switched Dryad Arbor for an Island and Path to Exile for Leovold. The second Shaman (replaced 3rd Deeds) was added to enable blue mana same with Polluted Delta (should be split with Misty rainforest). Sometimes I missed the 3rd forest in the main.

Best cards today:
    Forest and swamp for making Wasteland useless
    Treetop for killing Liliana twice and killing opponent
    Sylvan library
    The holy trinity

Worst cards today
    Ooze
    Pridemage
    E-Witness
    To the slaughter

I still hate TNN.

Enjoy

4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    Scavenging ooze
    Qasali pridemage
    Eternal witness
    Tireless tracker
    Leovold
    2 Siege rhino
    Thragtusk
    Sigarda, host of Herons
    Dragonlord Dromoka

Nissa, Vital Force

2 Sylvan Library
    2 Pernicious deed

4 Green sun zenith
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Path to Exile
    To the slaughter
    3 abrupt decay
    Toxic Deluge
    Vindicate

4 Windswept Heath
    4 Polluted delta
    Island
    2 Plains
    2 Swamp
    2 Forest
    Phyrexian Tower
    Treetop Village
    2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    Scrubland

Side:
    Kambal
    Gaddock Teeg
    2 Faerie Macabre
    Reclamation Sage
    Extirpate
    Surgical Extraction
    2 Duress
    Path to exile
    Pithing Needle
    2 Choke
    Golgari Charm
    Engineered Plague

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

haven't had time to put together a sb, but wanted to hear some feedback on this list:

4 veteran explorer
    4 green sun's zenith
    4 cabal therapy
    4 living wish
    4 lion's eye diamond
    4 infernal tutor
    3 walking ballista
    3 auriok salvagers
    2 chromatic sphere
    2 diabolic intent
    2 deathrite shaman
    2 liliana, the last hope
    1 gaddock teeg
    1 eternal witness
    2 Windswept Heath
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Plains
    3 Swamp
    3 Forest
    2 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    1 Dryad Arbor

sb would contain obvious wish targets and then maybe some interaction stuff. could also incorporate a singleton sb slithermuse as well. (dunno if that would help at all.)

deck is capable of turn 2 kill with phyrexian tower if opening hand has turn 1 explorer, turn 2 phyrexian tower (hand needs a wish/tutor/salvager effect, led, and a win con (sphere/ballista).
    Last edited by mistercakes; 03-19-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    -rob

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

@Matsu: Great report!

@mistercakes: You're nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

I'm sure something more midrange with the combo would be better, but just threw it together to show that nicfit could win on turn 2.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    I'm sure something more midrange with the combo would be better, but just threw it together to show that nicfit could win on turn 2.
    Play fair and win on turn 2 anyways. I once played against Storm. I was on the play and my T1 involved playing a Veteran Explorer. They go off on T2 and Ad Naseam to 3 life but don't manage to put together a kill. I untap, play Strangleroot Geist, and swing for lethal. Good fair Magic.

Dec 2016
    California

Hey all,

Dusting off my Nyx Fit/Rector Fit/whatever you want to call it in prep for GP Seattle. My main is pretty set, but I'm still not sure about a sideboard. Here's what I have so far:

2x Ethersworn Canonist
    2x Stony Silence
    3x Leyline of Sanctity
    4x Leyline of the Void
    1x Helm of Obedience
    3x ???

Thoughts/ideas/suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliean (via /r/mtglegacy)
    Our format has a 3 mana 15/15, a turn 1 summon a giant Demon Lord, and a de facto Black Lotus and Demonic tutor, but Stifling a fetch is where you draw the line?

Dec 2013

1 mana discard. It's a nice catch-all against a lot of decks. It improves your combo MU, it helps you clear a way through counters etc. and card velocity will always be a thing.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by ObligatoryReference View Post
    Hey all,

Dusting off my Nyx Fit/Rector Fit/whatever you want to call it in prep for GP Seattle. My main is pretty set, but I'm still not sure about a sideboard. Here's what I have so far:

2x Ethersworn Canonist
    2x Stony Silence
    3x Leyline of Sanctity
    4x Leyline of the Void
    1x Helm of Obedience
    3x ???

Thoughts/ideas/suggestions?
    Why do you need stony silence? I would rather see disenchant or possibly vindicate. We are super weak to black and white leyline as well as RIP. We are also pretty weak to planeswalkers. I also run a bunch of 1 mana removal to board in versus delver decks and DRS decks in general.

Dec 2013

This is my own current Nyx Fit SB:[cards]
    3 Lost Legacy
    3 Duress
    2 Golgari Charm
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Reclamation Sage[cards]

I might want a Gaddock Teeg in there, though.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    This is my own current Nyx Fit SB:[cards]
    3 Lost Legacy
    3 Duress
    2 Golgari Charm
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Reclamation Sage[cards]

I might want a Gaddock Teeg in there, though.
    Current Nyx fit main?
    "Everything is better topless"

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by l33twash0r View Post
    Current Nyx fit main?
    Here you go:
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Marsh Flats
    1 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    3 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains
    2 Phyrexian Tower

1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Lingering Souls
    4 Academy Rector

4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Mirri's Guile
    1 Sylvan Library
    3 Evolutionary Leap

4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Pernicious Deed
    1 Toxic Deluge

1 Curse of Death's Hold
    1 Dovescape
    1 Cruel Reality
    1 Overwhelming Splendor

The Guiles and Library do a fine job to tie the list together. I do think I want a Sigarda somewhere in the MD though, to give GSZ some more utility in the lategame. Not sure what to cut though.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Dec 2016
    California

Thanks for the ideas. I definitely think I'm going to swap out Stony Silence for Reclamation Sage (especially since I can grab it with GSZ, and use it to Leap).

I also agree that planeswalkers are annoying. If I want to go with more removal, would you go with Vindicate (for the ability to hit lands) or Maelstrom Pulse (for tokens or multiple leylines)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Giliean (via /r/mtglegacy)
    Our format has a 3 mana 15/15, a turn 1 summon a giant Demon Lord, and a de facto Black Lotus and Demonic tutor, but Stifling a fetch is where you draw the line?

Quote Originally Posted by ObligatoryReference View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. I definitely think I'm going to swap out Stony Silence for Reclamation Sage (especially since I can grab it with GSZ, and use it to Leap).

I also agree that planeswalkers are annoying. If I want to go with more removal, would you go with Vindicate (for the ability to hit lands) or Maelstrom Pulse (for tokens or multiple leylines)?
    Probably pulse now that you mention it. Not many lands you want to destroy.

Thread Information