Page 190 of 208 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 4155

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Hi I was wondering if someone could send me an invite to the Nic Fit discord my SN is the same as it is here.

https://discord.gg/nQQ5V59

That's a link for the server which shouldn't expire.

59 cards

3 Birthing Pod

1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Phantasmal Image
    1 Plaguecrafter
    1 Plague Mare
    2 Spellseeker
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Ravenous Chupacabra
    1 The Scarab God
    1 Ishkanah, Grafwidow

1 Abrupt Decay
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Assassin's Trophy
    1 Counterspell (if UU is too hard to get reliably then Negate instead)

4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Thoughtseize

1 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Island
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Misty Rainforest
    (20 land + arbor)

Last card is probably either 3rd Spellseeker, 21st land, or 1 more tutorable spell (2nd Thoughtseize maybe).
    Not sure how important Chupacabra and Phantasmal Image are

Sideboard:
    1 Life Goes On
    1 Pull from Tomorrow
    1 Black Sun's Zenith
    1 Sinkhole
    X Surgical Extraction
    etc (Loam? Flusterstorm?)

No idea how good this is/isn't but it seems like a good shell for Birthing Pod. Spellseeker gives the deck a lot of utility (e.g. you don't need to use a slot on Rec Sage when you can Spellseeker for Trophy/Decay, maybe this is also why Chupacabra can be replaced).

Scarab God OP, can be protected from Swords to Plowshares by:
    - Sacrifice to Phyrexian Tower
    - Revive Plaguecrafter and sacrifice TSG
    - Revive Phantasmal Image to copy TSG and then legend rule the real one
    - Spellseeker -> Counterspell

The Pod chain of Spellseeker (find Counterspell) -> Meren and using Counterspell to protect Meren seems good vs fair decks
    Vs combo you have Spellseeker (Counterspell/Thoughtseize/Therapy) -> Glen Elendra.

You don't need to play a card like Pull from Tomorrow or Skeletal Scrying (or even like, Night's Whisper) maindeck because if you want to Spellseeker for a value spell you can get GSZ for Ishkanah/Witness/Meren.

I welcome suggestions for different Spellseeker/Pod targets but this seems okay as a starting point

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Seems pretty sweet, Kombatkiwi. I have a basically standard comment, for me. I'd change Veteran no 4 into GSZ no 2, because veteran is a lousy late-game topdeck, especially if you don't have a Pod around, and there are many matchups in which you don't want to ramp your opponent (usually Miracles and Grixis Control, though this depends on the exact scenario). While GSZ is one of the best consistency tools available, offering ramp or threat depending on what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    I'm not so sure. Being a creature definitely comes with a few drawbacks, but it has some benefits as well.

First, it's blue, which dramatically increases it's usefulness in a Pod deck as you can more likely enable FoW.
    Second, creatures have a bit more interaction as you can use cards like Melira for recursion.
    Third, while forcing blue would normally be a drawback, BUG pod seems to be the most value oriented already, so it's probably not that bad.
    Fourth, you can turn GSZ into finding both early Vets and this creature.
    Fifth, it dodges more counterspells, such as getting around Spell Pierce.

That said, it does have considerable drawbacks as well. It's a turn slower due to the mana cost, it's vulnerable to Karakas, it's a turn slower due to summoning sickness, it's vulnerable to many more removal spells than Pod is once it resolves, and you can't string multiples together. But, I would argue the GSZ tutor being a turn slower is not a drawback, because any tutor for Pod (which has more limited options) slow you by a turn as well.

I think the Karakas issue is the only issue that's really worth bringing up, unfortunately it is also a big one. It's not Legacy playable, though it might be modern playable.
    Watched quite a few modern decks featuring Vannifar. The decks all pretty much win the moment they untapped with Vannifar on the back of Woodland Bellower combo. Pod couldn’t insta win like that. Vannifar is a surprisingly solid win condition. Might end up getting a deck built around it rather than incorporating it into Nic Fit but I think it will likely have an impact on legacy.

Jul 2011
    Germany

@kombatkiwi:

I played BUG Pod in the good old days (in fact i never sold FoW etc cause of it^^) and enjoyed your list at first test games. Some small adjustments so far:

// 60 Maindeck

// 2 Artifact
    2 Birthing Pod

// 21 Creature
    1 Dryad Arbor
    3 Veteran Explorer
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Phantasmal Image
    1 Plaguecrafter
    1 Plague Mare
    2 Spellseeker
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 The Scarab God
    1 Ishkanah, Grafwidow
    1 Murderous Redcap
    1 Prime Speaker Vannifar

// 6 Instant
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Assassin's Trophy

// 20 Land
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Island
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Misty Rainforest

// 11 Sorcery
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Collective Brutality
    2 Ponder
    1 Toxic Deluge

// 15 Sideboard
    // 5 Creature
    SB: 1 Vendilion Clique
    SB: 1 Reclamation Sage
    SB: 1 Shriekmaw
    SB: 2 Faerie Macabre

// 8 Instant
    SB: 2 Flusterstorm
    SB: 3 Force of Will
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Echoing Truth

// 2 Sorcery
    SB: 2 Thoughtseize

I added Collective Brutality since its a very flexible card and i dont want to throw AT at early creatures to ramp opponent and getting discard-hand information is nice too (Therapy/Game plan etc.). I also valued the tutorable Toxic Deluge over your single Counterspell, since this version lack good old deeds so far. I go down to 2 Pod + 1 Vannifar (+2 Zenith) one is enough once you developed the board and survived long enough.

Sideboard is a bit random at the moment but covers combo matchups well and uses more spells on the back of spellseeker.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    I played BUG Pod in the good old days (in fact i never sold FoW etc cause of it^^) and enjoyed your list at first test games. Some small adjustments so far:
    Hi, thanks a lot for trying it

I added Collective Brutality since its a very flexible card and i dont want to throw AT at early creatures to ramp opponent and getting discard-hand information is nice too (Therapy/Game plan etc.).
    The extra discard-hand information is why I played the 1 maindeck Thoughtseize (I also considered 1 maindeck Surgical) but I agree that Collective Brutality could also perform this role while being a more flexible card in more situations, I think this is a good idea.

I also valued the tutorable Toxic Deluge over your single Counterspell, since this version lack good old deeds so far.
    Remember Deluge is not tutorable by Spellseeker because you can only get spells with CMC 2 or less (this is why originally I suggested 1 Black Sun Zenith in the SB, of course it's not as good as Deluge but seemed like the best CMC <3 option)

Do you think Redcap is better than Hostage Taker / Sower of Temptation / Chupacabra? Redcap is funny with Scarab God because you can deal 4 but I feel like these other creatures are going to be better most of the time. Edit: Deck might want 1 Leovold maybe
    Last edited by kombatkiwi; 02-17-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Hi all another battle report.

My list:

2x Bayou
    2x Savannah
    2x Scrubland
    2x Forest
    2x Swamp
    2x Plains
    8x Green Fetch
    1x Phyrexian Tower

1x Dryad Arbor

4x Veteran Explorer
    1x Sakura Tribe Elder
    1x Scavenging Ooze
    1x Tireless Tracker
    1x Siege Rhino
    1x Meren
    1x Thragtusk
    1x Dromoka
    1x Carnage Tyrant

1x Sylvan Library
    3x Pernicious deed

2x Abrupt decay
    2x Collective Brutality
    2x Diabolic edict
    2x Duress
    4x Cabal Therapy
    4x Path to exile
    4x GSZ

1x Nissa, Vital Force
    1x Kaya, Ghost Assassin

Side:

1x Rec sage
    4x Fearie Macabre
    2x Tomod’s crypt
    1x Surgical extraction
    1x Massacre
    1x Golgari Charm
    1x Engineered Plague
    1x Dread of Night
    2x Choke
    1x ???

I did a little bit of intel before the tournament and was informed there will be a lot of Reanimator and Ape&Show decks.

Round1.
    I play against Adam, he is always on 4c Loam. So I expect a lot of grind, CotV on 1. I have to find PDeed as soon as possible.
    Game 1
    I keep a hand with GSZ, CT, Kaya, 3 lands, PtE
    He wins the Die roll and goes Polluted Delta->Watery Grave-> Thougtseize. That is not 4c Loam. We laugh a little bit. He takes Kaya.
    He eventually plays a Zombie fish and a delver, I path the Z-Fish. He manage to play 2 other delvers (no Flip) I hard cast Dromoka. We go to game two.
    Game 2 I side in 2 Choke remove Kaya and Duress I think.
    He cantrips a lot in the first 3 turns, I just slowly ramp.
    He plays a Shadow, I AD it. He slams a Delver. I path it. He reanimates Zombie Fish I manage to discard.. He goes to 4. Next turn I play Nissa and start to attack. He top deck a land and surrender.
    Game over.
    1:0
    That is nice after not playing since November.

Round 2
    I play against an unknown player. He is on Burn.
    Game 1
    I lose it to double Fireblast.
    Game 2 side 3 Explorer out and put Golgari Charm, rec sage, …
    I manage to slow him down playing Ooze so he waste a bolt on it.
    I to play Tireless tracker and one counter. He has pyrostatic pilar and plays Eidolon and suspend a rift bolt
    I draw a fetch land and grow Tracker. Make him 6/5 swing not block. He goes to 4. Rift bolt resolve and he dies.
    Game 3
    I ramp with Explorer and CT. Plays a Scooze. He bolts it, this gives me one extra turn.
    Over the next 5 turn he burns me to the ground.
    I play 10 spells that gives me life. No luck this time.
    1:1

Round 3
    Against another unknown player. Brandon the judge says to my opponent that I am playing his favourite deck. My opponent looks at me confused.
    Game 1
    I win the die roll and have a good hand 2 lands, duress, explorer, CT, kaya and something.
    I go catacombs->Bayou-> Duress he is on UB Shadow.
    Take one of his 2 Thoughtseize, he has a Street wrath, Shadow, daze, FoW and a fetch. He goes Polluted Delta->Watery Grave-> Thoughtseize take Kaya.
    What is wrong with people I wanted to play her and she lands in the bin the first turn.
    We laugh a little as he mention he loves NicFit just not competitive enough. He is a player who goes to all those big fancy tournaments like GP, Protour, etc…
    Next turn I go CT his daze, ramp, Nissa and finish the game quickly.
    Game 2
    Same sideboard as round 1
    I manage to GSZ for Explorer and block his turn 3 Zombie fish. He plays a Delver. I cast Dromoka. He flips his delver and swing with Fish and Insect. I block the flyer, he cast a Dismember. Bye Bye Dragon. He has no cards in hand. I top deck a GSZ, after some calc, I summon Meren. She reanimate to my hand Dromoka and dies to fish. Next turn the Dragon returns. He surrender. Showing me a Watery grave in his hand. He is at 8, I am above 10 and he does not have cards to remove Dromoka in his deck.
    2:1

Round 4
    Again unknown player.
    Game 1
    He wins the die roll. I keep a good hand with 2 lands CT and GSZ.
    He goes petal-> Badlands-> Entomb (Sire of Sanity)-> reanimate. I pick my sideboard and start shuffling my deck. I side in 7 cards. Macabre, Crypt and Surgical.
    Remove 3x P-Deed, Dromoka, Tyrant, Nissa and Kaya.
    Game 2
    I have Faerie in my hand and Duress. 2 lands. I have enough disruption to stop his first revenant, Thragtusk finish the game.
    Game 3
    I start with Faerie, Path, fetch, Surgical Extraction, Explorer, CB. He faithless looting turn one and pass. I draw a dryad and plays it. I start the beatdown with Explorer and DA. He unmask me and take Surgical extraction. Eventually go to 4 lands and GSZ for Tracker. CT my explorer and tracker becomes unstoppable.
    3:1

I take a second place and receive a booster of the new master set. My 10 month daughter opens the pack with my wife and I end with a Booster fresh Karn Liberated and a foil Sleight of Hand.
    Looks like it is time to build NicFit with Arena rector.

Thanks for reading, if you have any question I will be happy to answer.

Oct 2017
    Oita, Japan

Dude congrats on the 3-1 and good pack luck!
    I actually frequent this thread a lot because I really wanna build this deck, so anytime someone does well with it it pushes me a little closer to making the deck haha.

I was gonna ask if there was a reason you run rec sage over knight of autumn? And also have you ever wanted a singleton rec sage or knight type effect in the mainboard or do you usually feel like the 1 in the side is fine?

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by joaquin View Post
    Dude congrats on the 3-1 and good pack luck!
    I actually frequent this thread a lot because I really wanna build this deck, so anytime someone does well with it it pushes me a little closer to making the deck haha.

I was gonna ask if there was a reason you run rec sage over knight of autumn? And also have you ever wanted a singleton rec sage or knight type effect in the mainboard or do you usually feel like the 1 in the side is fine?
    The reason is simple, I did not have time to check what cards i need from those new sets. So yes Rec Sage can be Knight of Autumn if you play W in your deck. I dont have KoA and 4x AT.

The rest is, tune your deck to your metagame. My store has a lot of Reanimator and Ape&Show. So i really dont need a rec sage effect main. By the time i GSZ for it Animate dead did his job same with Onmiscience and Sneak Attack. Knight of Autumn is more flexible, so yes i should play it main. But Rec sage is sufficient from the sideboard.

If i play a Classic NicFit version of the deck i try to build my deck the way i can always GSZ for something: 2x 2cmc, 2x3cmc, 2x4cmc, 2x5cmc, 2x6 cmc. You can always trim the high curve, but then you move to a more midrange deck with . 4x Siege rhino + Meren and as a top end for example Sigarda. This force you to be more aggressive slamming creature after creature, with a higher curve you can be more passive and reactive and try to play a game of protect the queen.

It depends on your play style and metagame. I like playing Big Monster and sometimes i even play one single 7cmc as the final nail in the coffin. Your opponents face when you tap 7 mana for a Big Monster priceless especially against fair decks like D&T, Goblins, Delver, Blade etc...

Now with Karn on board i will try an Arena build and see how it works.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Yeah, the list is a bit dated.

The only 6-drop you should be running nowadays is Archon of Valor's Reach. It's pretty much invalidated all other 6-drops.

Another thing is that you might want to run more Mirri's Guile/Sylvan Library type cards. Consistency is one of the most important parts of any good list, and that's simply how you achieve it. It might ask you to swap out a Pernicious Deed for a Toxic Deluge though.

@joaquin: There is a Nic Fit discord you could join if you'd like
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Did you guy's see this bad boy?

https://i.imgur.com/SUfetZC.png

Going to be in the new direct to Modern set.

Also, could someone share me the discord? I tried to use some of the links in the thread but they seem expired.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Yeah, the list is a bit dated.
    The only 6-drop you should be running nowadays is Archon of Valor's Reach. It's pretty much invalidated all other 6-drops.
    I don't know; I always liked PrimeTime. I often ran some man-lands so he was like a poor-man's Grave Titan but tutorable (and his gribblies survived terminus/deed.) The other neat thing was just getting your deck basically emptied out of lands so you only drew gas. Between fetches, Vet, and PT you could easily get your deck down to just a couple lands left. Below that Sigarda usually locked things up pretty good against most decks.

Maybe that's more of a Jund thing. Makes me want to build that all the sudden. PT getting all your red mana for PFireing stuff; too cool 4 sckool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

I imagine the Cabal Therapist won't be an actual card. It's a little bit too much on the nose. I guess April fools is coming up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    I imagine the Cabal Therapist won't be an actual card. It's a little bit too much on the nose. I guess April fools is coming up again.
    Yeah...I didn't full consider the implications of that timing restriction. Makes it kind of meh for this deck. It can still be a decent card for Mardu Pyromancer in Modern I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    Yeah...I didn't full consider the implications of that timing restriction. Makes it kind of meh for this deck. It can still be a decent card for Mardu Pyromancer in Modern I think.
    It's not very good for that either. A new deck that can use it might spring up (especially in combination with that black tutor that was printed recently), but assuming you want to continue to use it turn after turn, you can't actually activate it until turn 3. Cast on 1 means it can only sac itself on 2 (there's only 1 1 mana flash creature, and it's awful), which means you won't have multiple creatures at the start of a pre combat main phase until turn 3.

In a deck like Pyromancer, not only does casting this mean you're not casting a spell, but using it doesn't trigger more tokens. Also, it means you go T1 this, T2 pyromancer, and that's still at best a T3 activation (assuming you have an instant to cast). Worse yet, such a curve means it's a blind activation as you won't have an opportunity in there to cast a targeted discard spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    It's not very good for that either. A new deck that can use it might spring up (especially in combination with that black tutor that was printed recently), but assuming you want to continue to use it turn after turn, you can't actually activate it until turn 3. Cast on 1 means it can only sac itself on 2 (there's only 1 1 mana flash creature, and it's awful), which means you won't have multiple creatures at the start of a pre combat main phase until turn 3.

In a deck like Pyromancer, not only does casting this mean you're not casting a spell, but using it doesn't trigger more tokens. Also, it means you go T1 this, T2 pyromancer, and that's still at best a T3 activation (assuming you have an instant to cast). Worse yet, such a curve means it's a blind activation as you won't have an opportunity in there to cast a targeted discard spell.
    I wouldn't really play it on curve. At some point you can use a one mana discard then at some point later have this guy out and start saccing Pyro tokens, Lingering Soul tokens, or things like Stitcher's supplier. You can toss Angler, Phoenix, and Reveler in that deck and you have a decent plan.

May 2013
    Paris, France

Hello,

I played a Legacy tournament this week-end and finished 1st with the following list which is almost the same I used a couple of months ago when I finished 13th during MKM Paris.

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=21401&f=LE

You can find the previous report here

The only changes I made are the following:
    -1 Forest
    -1 Swamp
    -1 Ishkanah
    -1 Grim Flayer
    -1 Carnage Tyrant
    +1 Savannah
    +1 Underground Sea
    +1 Leovold
    +1 Mystic Enforcer
    +1 Archon of Valor

The list:

3 Swamp
    4 Forest
    4 Verdant
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Wooded Foothills
    1 Bojuka bog
    1 Ghost quarter
    1 Karakas
    1 Phyrexian Tower

4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Ramunap Excavator
    1 Fierce Empath
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Tireless Tracker
    1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Mystic Enforcer
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    1 Massacre Wurm
    1 Archon of Valor's Reach

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Maelstrom Pulse

4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Crop rotation
    1 To the Slaughter

1 Pernicious Deed

1 Nissa, Vital Force

Sideboard

2 Lost Legacy
    2 Surgical
    2 Golgari Charm
    1 Nihil Spellbomb
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Diabolic Edict
    1 Duress
    1 Knight of Autumn
    1 Massacre
    1 Assassin's Trophy

So it was a 45 players tournament.
    6 swiss rounds + top 8.

Quick summary:

R1 - Burn -> 2/1
    R2 - DelverBlade -> 2/1
    R3 - U/R Delver with Ptera -> 2/0
    R4 - Slow Depths -> 2/1
    R5 - Turbo Depths ->0/2
    R6 - ID into top 8
    R7 - BR Rea -> 2/0
    R8 - D&T ->2/0
    R9 - Slow Depths (R4) ->2/1

Regards,

Ralf
    Last edited by Ralf; 05-01-2019 at 05:49 AM.

Oct 2017
    Oita, Japan

Congrats Ralf!

Could you explain why you felt the need for the white and blue splash for archon and leovold?
    And more importantly why mystic enforcer is in the deck now? haha

I like your version of nic fit so much and every time I see it I wanna start building it. Any extra info you could provide about the deck would be appreciated.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Very nice to hear, congratulations Ralf! Winning a tournament that size with Nic Fit is not a common feat. And your list is like always an interesting take. I've liked the land package before, played it in Cloudpost Fit, and am currently playing a Hymn version, mixing them seems like a good idea..

Thread Information