Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Threaded View

Dec 2010
    Prague

[Primer] Nic Fit

Hello everybody!

Aftef I came back from Gent I finally sat down to write a bit about the tournament where I finished 7-2 with my Junk Nic Fit. It was a great tournament and I am happy I didnt play Miracles (although they are a better deck) and decided to play something thats just more fun and plus points are when you can surprise your opponent.

3explorer
    1satyr wayfinder
    1ooze
    1teeg
    1knight of autumn
    2tracker
    1witness
    2stoneforge mystic
    1meren
    1thragtusk
    4zenith

4therapy
    4trophy
    3stp
    1deluge
    2deed
    3library
    1batterskull
    1kaya, ghost assassin
    1nissa, vital force

4verdant catacombs
    4windswept heath
    1marsh flats
    4forest
    2swamp
    1plains
    2bayou
    1scrubland
    1savannah
    1karakas
    1phyrexian tower
    22lands
    60maindeck

Sideboard:
    3seize
    3surgical
    3choke
    2containment
    2canonist
    1deluge
    1pithing needle
    15 side

With help of my friend Marcus I changed a few things and added Stoneforge Mystic as a nice T2 play+helps our survival. As late game we go over any other deck - lets get there. So I cut Rhinos I had there before as they were unimpressive and it only helps against delver for one turn. In this case Paths were not justifiable and we can finally kill opponents creatures t1 without regret with stp.
    I think we want 4 Trophy as we are a control deck and why not to play card that kills almost everything? I think we want at least 1 deed 1 toxic. The split makes it much harder to play around then playing just one.
    I think deck like this competing against jace wants walkers. I chose two that are the strongest I think. Nissa is obvious. Against control decks you plus her, protect her and dont be greedy and just minus her. Miracles, Grixis just cant compete with that emblem. Kaya is more tricky but she can help you against control with making the card difference 2. She can blink Thragtusk or Witness. Discard last cards of a combo player, gain life against burn. I really like her.
    I also think playing less then 3 Libraires is not right. The card is bonkers. We have a lot of lifegain which means free cards. It ensures we draw the right answers against aggro and that we can draw extra against control. We will prevent us from drawing basics or equiupment when we dont want to. And after board agianst mircles you go discard, library, choke, walker... They will have a hard time!
    A weird card is Satyr Wayfinder. I wanted something instead of the 4th Veteran. Often I was on 3 mana with double zenith and had not other lands, didnt want to go Veteran or I couldnt and ooze without open mana or teeg blocking your zenith is not amazing. I am thinking of Wall of Blossoms, Sakura but the appeal of Wayfinder is that it gets me a landrop, can sac it to therpay wihtout regret and can help me to find therapy, milling unwanted top from library. creates graveyard for witness and meren. let me know what do you think.
    Side is straingforward - 3 Thoughtseize, 3 Surgical, 2 canonist against combo. 2 priest againt sneak mainly. 3 choke against the menace (miracles) - they almost cant with in it on table. 1 needle was a great addition against mainly jace, stage, inkmoth and so on.

R1 bye
    R2 Stoneblade - you just loose g1 most of the time. After board and missing landrop I came back with needle - fow, trophy - fow, trophy! He is beating me with Clique and Skull. In the last round I blindtherapy his last card - Caster and carried away I Therapy Skull (I think I can flashback therapy if he returns it but he has an active mystic and my skull cant block...) Stupid! 0-2
    R3 Deathshadow - he dosent really know what is he doing but on the draw I am facing t2 wright+shadow... G2 is very similar. I think its insane matchup for us but I never saw zenith or veteran... 0-2
    R4 junk with confis. We go much bigger in one game he threw it all at me and I had not sweeper. He last card was stp for my Tracker which could turn it around (I had a lot of mana and 4 clues) The other two games I did what I am supposed to. 2-1
    R5 elvers. G1 I stabilized with Teeg, Tracker, Therapies. I Therapied him at some point - only Order with 5 elves in play. I diddnt flashback - I have time. He ripped Karakas off the top! and killed me. Amazing. Next games I was deluging, containing him and got to two victories. 2-1
    R6 UR tempo. Not the best player but we had great games. He almost got me in two postbardgames with Winter Orb but I had Deed or Autumn ready. Last game he was attacking with TNN against my six life with two bolts on top. I deede my own board put him with Tusk to 3 so next turn he had to bolt him attacking instead of my face. Meren sealed it. 2-1
    R7 Czech Pile. I got beaten but he didnt want to play so he scooped. first game I got tripple hymned plus fow my library. After board I think its very good but his only postboard goyf got there as I couldn get blockers.
    R8 Miracles. Lost game one as usual. G2 he mulled to 5 keeping no lander. G3 I was in contorl whole game as I htoughtseized him and he had terminuses, stp, no cantrip, balance was missing and I could play around what he had. Nissa ultimate made me sometimes discard to handsize eot twice.
    R9 Final game for money! (I missed money by two places) Against UB tempo. I won first he won second. In the final I had witness to bring back stp. Chump angler. Meren bring back witness, he edicts it. play witness bring back meren play it. I was drawing 5 lands in six turns but still managed to stabilize against his two anglers, delver, blossom with this combo+withness brought back Batterskull so I could gain some life back. Karakas looking after Meren so doesent get Pushed unfortunately. Epic game!

I really like the list. It bricks lesss then any other list that I ever played and you are not afraid of any matchup. I would like to know what do you think about it!
    Last edited by Koplinchen; 05-02-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Thread Information